Page 57 of 108 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "Both answers are wrong... and yet, they could be right." He let those words sink in a moment before continuing, "There are no facts about what stands are, only theories and superstitions. Some believe they are born of strong passions, others by a powerful fighting spirit, and then you have those who think they are derived from humans breathing in the ash left in Ocasek 678's wake. I have my own theory, of course, but this is hardly the place to discuss philosophy. Ultimately, what I am imploring you to take to heart is never assume you know the truth."
    "Reality is what you make of it," Jinny spoke softly, though not so softly as to be unheard. She then spoke clearer, "deception, misperception, confusion, illusion. The anthesis of logic, reason, facts, and truth. Yet both coexist in this world of ours. It will be an interesting challenge to parse them out."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " You know what I believe from what you told us, I believe these stands are a part of the Evil Eye, or maybe opposing forces that protect against the Evil Eye. Well, that's my theory. I mean, since stands exist, it could mean the Evil Eye could exist as well. It's a big superstition in my home country Ukraine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Reality is what you make of it," Jinny spoke softly, though not so softly as to be unheard. She then spoke clearer, "deception, misperception, confusion, illusion. The anthesis of logic, reason, facts, and truth. Yet both coexist in this world of ours. It will be an interesting challenge to parse them out."
    "Believe what you want, but do not let those beliefs define your life... or so a wise person once told me," He replied with a small shrug, clearly not wanting to argue semantics.

"Can we talk about how dad apparently predicted all of this, but the ******* didn't like... think to maybe warn any of us?" Vivian said, changing subjects.

"Because there's being an absentee father, and then there's being a dick."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Can we talk about how dad apparently predicted all of this, but the ******* didn't like... think to maybe warn any of us?" Vivian said, changing subjects.

A quiet chuckle accompanied by a slight smirk. Jinny couldn't help but silently agree with this sentiment, though she would not have said it out loud herself.

"If those last words are true then you must have inherited th--..." He retorted, mostly out of muscle memory and impulse. Obviously fighting back the rest of what he wanted to say, he calmed himself, "Forgive me, the summer heat must be getting to me. What I meant to say is that your father clearly knew that you would be able to deal with what would come your way."

"I cannot say if Mr. Joestar had predicted every single action you all have taken," Hironobu replied, "He only relayed the cliff notes up to a certain point. As for his pride, perhaps I said that too loosely."

Pondering a moment, the teenager shifted in his seat before continuing, "Perhaps I should have said that he would have been proud of all of you for enduring everything up to this point. The fact that several of you have awakened your stands already speaks volumes."
    "Endure..." Suzie mused, taking another slow sip of coffee. "I'm afraid I don't quite understand your meaning."

Despite the distance, her thoughts were still stuck in Driftwood, and her fingertips fidgeted nervously between one another.

"I feel like...I'd been strung along something I've no clue about. Just his name, Joestar, that was enough to turn heads away from us. They, whoever they are, the OSS or others, they know who we are, and they see us as targets. With what happened back there, they'd been wanting to get us, no matter who they'd have to go through to see it done."

The moment Hironobu-san had mentioned Stands, Suzie's eyes glazed, staring distantly as pangs of guilt filled her heart and voice. By some strange whim, the moment she saw the limo was too full, the ravenous shadow of「Jigsaw Feeling」suddenly vanished. Yet she could still feel it there, upon her hand, and behind her eyes.

"...I hate having it around me," she said, "Yet I don't feel it was much of a choice. Back in the bus, I couldn't think of anything besides close i was to my own death, and how I'd give anything to live..."

Blinking hard, she hung her head before lifting her gaze to their younger cousin.

"...and if you know that much, and can sort which of us have awoken these Stands," she said, "Then it follows that you've a Stand yourself, right?"

"He predict the strange woman who disappeared just before you walked in?" Vivian asked casually. "Had a curious case of fucking around where she shouldn't. Now Miguel's got a Ghost Puppy."

Sure it wasn't exactly a ghost puppy, but... close enough.

"Or Stand... whatever you wanna call it."
    "...woman? Was there an altercation at the grill?" Suzie's shoulders rounded stiffly. "Vivian, are you saying there's somebody else out there who knows about us and Johannes Joesta-"

...Ghost Puppy...

"...what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    "I know only what I have observed, and what I've been told. They a phenonema unknown to the general public, with abilities that demand the laws of physics be rewritten"
    "P-phenomena? Haven't you had a close glance already," Suzie stammered, "We'd all had a firsthand look enough to know how just how dangerous these things are. Worse yet, they're hiding in plain sight or-or holding a target over your head. Who knows what would have happened to Mr. Weathermaker and his family if his dog hadn't sought us out?"

"If those last words are true then you must have inherited th--..." He retorted, mostly out of muscle memory and impulse. Obviously fighting back the rest of what he wanted to say, he calmed himself, "Forgive me, the summer heat must be getting to me. What I meant to say is that your father clearly knew that you would be able to deal with what would come your way."
    "Before you showed up we heard from a source that there were others. Others who didn't make it. If that is true, and I'm not sure if it is, then was that taken into account as well?"

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "Endure..." Suzie mused, taking another slow sip of coffee. "I'm afraid I don't quite understand your meaning."

Despite the distance, her thoughts were still stuck in Driftwood, and her fingertips fidgeted nervously between one another.

"I feel like...I'd been strung along something I've no clue about. Just his name, Joestar, that was enough to turn heads away from us. They, whoever they are, the OSS or others, they know who we are, and they see us as targets. With what happened back there, they'd been wanting to get us, no matter who they'd have to go through to see it done."
    "There's nothing I can currently tell you to ease your concerns at this moment," He admitted, "Mr. Joestar stated that he wished to tell you himself, which he will during the reading."

The moment Hironobu-san had mentioned Stands, Suzie's eyes glazed, staring distantly as pangs of guilt filled her heart and voice. By some strange whim, the moment she saw the limo was too full, the ravenous shadow of「Jigsaw Feeling」suddenly vanished. Yet she could still feel it there, upon her hand, and behind her eyes.

"...I hate having it around me," she said, "Yet I don't feel it was much of a choice. Back in the bus, I couldn't think of anything besides close i was to my own death, and how I'd give anything to live..."

Blinking hard, she hung her head before lifting her gaze to their younger cousin.

"...and if you know that much, and can sort which of us have awoken these Stands," she said, "Then it follows that you've a Stand yourself, right?"
    "Indeed, I do, although unlike Miss Jinghu earlier, mine is not one summoned so casually."

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

"Wow," Sandra drawled lazily. "I just feel so warm and fuzzy inside knowing that dear old dad felt so confident in me!"

She rolled her eyes and propped her head up on the back of her wrist. "If only my other father believed in me that much," she muttered.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"Before you showed up we heard from a source that there were others. Others who didn't make it. If that is true, and I'm not sure if it is, then was that taken into account as well?"
    "That must be the one from Rumours," He replied, "I'm surprised you took his words seriously, considering your past."

Another shrug was given, "That I cannot say. Mr. Joestar's notes do not mention it."

"Believe what you want, but do not let those beliefs define your life... or so a wise person once told me," He replied with a small shrug, clearly not wanting to argue semantics.
    " Try telling that to the population of Ukraine," Boris said shrugging his shoulders.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

"That must be the one from Rumours," He replied, "I'm surprised you took his words seriously, considering your past."

Another shrug was given, "That I cannot say. Mr. Joestar's notes do not mention it."
    A raised eyebrow preceded her reply, "Exactly how much information do you have on each of us? A few notes? Or a complete dossier?"

"Yes, I am a dick. Speak plainly, we'll get along better if you do." Vivian replied. "Might also do better if you didn't sound like a fanatic... but let's work on that first bit. Don't care what you call me or think. All I care about is surviving through the reading. Closing this... chapter might be all I need to divest myself of t-"

Suzie speaking cut her off, but at least it dovetailed nicely.

"...woman? Was there an altercation at the grill?" Suzie's shoulders rounded stiffly. "Vivian, are you saying there's somebody else out there who knows about us and Johannes Joesta-"

...Ghost Puppy...

"...what?"
    "Different association for the same thing," she said with a shrug. "Stand. Ghost Puppy. Curse... whatever you wanna call it, all I see is red flags and the need for Witchcraft." Runt had caught her out at the bar of course... wasn't a catch-all, magic.

"No altercation at the bar. Just a woman who didn't know what she was doing, but doing it anyway. Now Miguel's got a Ghost Puppy." Poor boy. He could barely afford a sandwich. How was he gonna afford ectoplasmic dogfood.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " Try telling that to the population of Ukraine," Boris said shrugging his shoulders.
    "So you're the sole representation of an entire nation, Mister Kuvalda?" Hironobu said, mockingly, "Does each Ukrainian think the same thoughts, live the same life and believe the same outdated beliefs that you do? How egotistical."

A raised eyebrow preceded her reply, "Exactly how much information do you have on each of us? A few notes? Or a complete dossier?"
    "More than you could imagine. For example, I have a copy of Miss Vivian's birth certificate."

"So you're the sole representation of an entire nation, Mister Kuvalda?" Hironobu said, mockingly, "Does each Ukrainian think the same thoughts, live the same life and believe the same outdated beliefs that you do? How egotistical."

"More than you could imagine. For example, I have a copy of Miss Vivian's birth certificate."
    "Oh? And here I was starting to believe she wasn't born. That she just poofed into existence like some magical fairy." Smirking slightly at her teasing.