Page 54 of 108 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "Hm? Oh, yes, I know you..." He did not know her, as evident by his suspicious peek at his cell phone, "Jamie Valentine, 25 years old, the same age as Miss Sandra and only a few years younger than Miss Vivian and Mister Miguel."
    "Yea, but what you got against the nice lady? Is it because she's not a robot?" Vivian prodded.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

"Hm? Oh, yes, I know you..." He did not know her, as evident by his suspicious peek at his cell phone, "Jamie Valentine, 25 years old, the same age as Miss Sandra and only a few years younger than Miss Vivian and Mister Miguel."

"Suit yourself..."
    As Jinny sits, she finds herself starting to nod off. Placing her good arm on the table, she leans her head down on it and closes her eyes. As she does, she thinks to herself, "Five minutes, just five minutes."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

"Suit yourself..."
    "Okaaaay... And may I ask who you are?" Jamie asked politely.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Again, there was only silence, but Suzie eventually heard him reply, "That girl out there knows why that demon was here. I'm not gonna answer that first one and scare my family anymore than they already are just because you don't wanna pry."

A third pause, this one a bit less lengthy, "I know some people. They'll help us... definitely a lot more than any Joestar would. Going with you would be putting a dam--..." He forcibly paused to keep himself from swearing, "... it'd be like putting a bull's eye on our backs. Now please, just let us be..."
    Suzie's eyes sank under a shaded, troubled brow. Yet it was a fair assessment, nonetheless.

"...alright then, Mr. Weathermaker. Perhaps it's best this way after all."

Rapidly out of her depth with every passing moment. The moment she thought she'd come close to an answer, it slipped away again.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "....You already have a bullseye on you....how you decide to run won't change that fact now. But my presence will make for a momentary distraction for her....I advise you not to hide too long before you move on." Lucy spoke, back against the nearby wall as she eyed the hallways in either direction carefully. "...and don't consider this help from a Joestar.....I've yet to decide the worth of that name."

After a moment, Lucy turned to the door. ".....I'll not force the matter...just know that I've shared a similar past...I hope you find some peace far away from it."

Lucy placed her hand on the door, then sighed. "......tell me one thing........was it Feelgood?"
    "Yea..."

Weathermaker said nothing after that, but then again, there was little to say after confirming Lucy's suspicions.
    Suzie stood in silence as Lucy had her turn to talk to the door of room 214. The path to the Joestar manor was filled with enough trepidation, but this strange paranormal world they'd toed upon with the Stands seemed to intersect with other interested parties, and with it, the weighty shadow of Johannes Joestar hanging over it all.

She eyed Lucy the moment she dropped the name, but with so much on her mind she was frozen with indecision.

The OSS...Joestar...they've crossed each other before?

"...please, do try to stay safe, Mr Weathermaker. I do mean it."

Futile sympathies, but sincere; Frankly, she hadn't had much more to offer outside of that, and she soon fell short of words.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Yea, but what you got against the nice lady? Is it because she's not a robot?" Vivian prodded.
    "I would go into detail about Miss Debra, but I just previously promised to get along with her for your father's sake. Perhaps in an hour I shall rescind this."

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    "Okaaaay... And may I ask who you are?" Jamie asked politely.
    "I am Hironobu Higashikata, executor of Mr. Joestar's estate. I came to retrieve all of you for Mr. Joestar's reading."

Debra flinched that tidbit of knowledge, further muddying the waters that was her relationship to the teenager.

"I would go into detail about Miss Debra, but I just previously promised to get along with her for your father's sake. Perhaps in an hour I shall rescind this."

"I am Hironobu Higashikata, executor of Mr. Joestar's estate. I came to retrieve all of you for Mr. Joestar's reading."

Debra flinched that tidbit of knowledge, further muddying the waters that was her relationship to the teenager.
    Frowning at how he spoke and Debra reacted to him, Jamie refrained from asking questions and instead said "It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance Mr. Higashikata."
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

" It's a pleasure to meet you Hironobu, I'm Boris," Boris said. Boris then looks at the bartender," Bartender can I see a menu?" Boris said.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    As Jinny sits, she finds herself starting to nod off. Placing her good arm on the table, she leans her head down on it and closes her eyes. As she does, she thinks to herself, "Five minutes, just five minutes."
    About ten minutes later, she opens her eyes slowly then looks over at the others. Sitting back up again, she gives a polite yawn, her right hand over her mouth. Still tired, she at least feels a little more awake than before. It was soon after then she realized the pain medication given to her at the hospital was already starting to slowly wear off, which explained why she woke up after only a few minutes.

In her bag, Jinny had another bottle of pain medication. As tempted as she was to use it, she knew that it wasn't yet time. Instead, she shifted herself in her seat so as to get a better look at the young man the others were talking to.

It didn't take much longer after the main group's arrival before Suzie and Lucy followed, being the last ones left.

Surprisingly, it was also at this precise time that a limousine pulled up to the bar and grill. When asked about the time, Hironobu replied, "As Mr. Joestar predicted," much to the chagrin of those who had already heard that before. Still, they were making progress now.

Despite feelings of deja vu from the earlier tour bus ride, the group was eventually convinced and found all of them capable of fitting in that one singular vehicle; then again, it would have been stranger had it been unable to due to its absurd length.

"It feels good to be on schedule," Their host would say, seated in the passenger cabin alongside them, his eyes fixed on his pocket watch, "Mr. Joestar would be proud."

Back on the road again, but would this trip be uneventful for once?

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

It didn't take much longer after the main group's arrival before Suzie and Lucy followed, being the last ones left.

Surprisingly, it was also at this precise time that a limousine pulled up to the bar and grill. When asked about the time, Hironobu replied, "As Mr. Joestar predicted," much to the chagrin of those who had already heard that before. Still, they were making progress now.

Despite feelings of deja vu from the earlier tour bus ride, the group was eventually convinced and found all of them capable of fitting in that one singular vehicle; then again, it would have been stranger had it been unable to due to its absurd length.

"It feels good to be on schedule," Their host would say, seated in the passenger cabin alongside them, his eyes fixed on his pocket watch, "Mr. Joestar would be proud."

"Shut the **** up. Jeez," Sandra groused from her spot in the back of the limousine.

They had made progress, that was good. The day had started off in the toilet, but things were looking like they were going to improve. Those ribs played a huge part. Before she left, she left the bartender a hundred for a tip. It wasn't her money, and she was about to get fuckin' paid, so why not?

What should I do with my part of the inheritance? she wondered silently. Move into one of those uppity neighborhoods, for one. Maybe I'll move to France or some ****. Hahah!
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

" I can't believe I riding in something so ridiculous. I mean how can people ride in these things they're absurd and tacky!" Boris said. ( Hmm the food and drinks at that bar and grill were quite good,) Boris thought.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

"Proud, huh?" Jinny thought to herself, "Proud of nearly getting us all killed? And for what?" She leaned back in her seat, trying to make herself as comfortable as she could under the circumstances, then sighed, "This had better be worth it" As soon as she thought that, she thought back to her companion her Stand, and suddenly became troubled.
    Last edited by Tami; 02-27-2021 at 09:05 PM.

Vivian nearly cried when she was forced to leave The Boozelord, Purveyor of Fine Meats; but she was right as rain by the time she lit a ciagrette in the back of the limosuine.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Vivian nearly cried when she was forced to leave The Boozelord, Purveyor of Fine Meats; but she was right as rain by the time she lit a ciagrette in the back of the limosuine.
    As the smoke from the lit cigarette reached Jinny and made her cough, a single drop of what appeared to be water to those able to see it fell onto Vivian's Cigarette.

Jamie sat awkwardly in her spot of the vehicle, looking around it and taking in the rather ridiculously expensive vehicle they were in. As time passed, she closed her eyes, trying to put what little she knew about meditation into practice. There were invisible things following them and their enemies around, and she wanted to see if she could summon her own, if what Jinny theorized about the post-Night Fever paranoia was true. Or at the very least be able to see them, so at least she could see what was apparently threatening her family.
    - C.S. Lewis