Page 26 of 108 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Lighting up quickly, Vivian handed the lighter back. "Thanks. Magic's on the fritz."

"Means there's food."

With that, Vivian made her way to the door.
    "The only one who knows for certain where the will reading is, is Debra. Getting separated from her means possibly missing out." Jinny comments were directed at everyone, not just Vivian who had already turned her back to them.

While she agreed with the sentiment, with wanting to get as far away from here as possible and perhaps get some food, she couldn't bring herself to get separated from the others just yet. She had already come a long way, and with the destination close at hand, she stubbornly chose to stay fixed on that.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "The only one who knows for certain where the will reading is, is Debra. Getting separated from her means possibly missing out." Jinny comments were directed at everyone, not just Vivian who had already turned her back to them.

While she agreed with the sentiment, with wanting to get as far away from here as possible and perhaps get some food, she couldn't bring herself to get separated from the others just yet. She had already come a long way, and with the destination close at hand, she stubbornly chose to stay fixed on that.
    "To be honest, I really couldn't care any less about the inheritance- whatever it may be," Gula said with the kind of conviction that was truly unquestionable. "I was originally planning on giving it back to the family or donating it to some charity, as I don't really have a need for it. I was just curious, after hearing all the stories and rumors of my father's other children, to see for myself exactly how... diverse his tastes were, and to perhaps figure out a little of what my mother saw in him. So while I'm not intending to leave before seeing everyone's medical and- should it come to it- legal needs are taken care, I think I'll be fine on missing out, as you've put it."
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Following the off-white remains what appeared to once have been some kind of regulatory indicator, she found herself close to the building's edge and what appeared to be little more than corrugated scaffolding.

"...bloody rights it wouldn't be suit to function..." she murmured. Yet the trackmarks that Toby Keith's bus and that hideous thing that bore it left its mark on the opposite side of the building. It was a long way down...

Swiftly, she made her way to the rooftop access, and without a word, made an attempt at it.
    The door was locked, but the condition of the door itself made it apparent that such a problem was common for those living here as the wood was warped from being kicked open. She could probably force it open by pulling it hard enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    "To be honest, I really couldn't care any less about the inheritance- whatever it may be," Gula said with the kind of conviction that was truly unquestionable. "I was originally planning on giving it back to the family or donating it to some charity, as I don't really have a need for it. I was just curious, after hearing all the stories and rumors of my father's other children, to see for myself exactly how... diverse his tastes were, and to perhaps figure out a little of what my mother saw in him. So while I'm not intending to leave before seeing everyone's medical and- should it come to it- legal needs are taken care, I think I'll be fine on missing out, as you've put it."
    "You do know the address was on the invitation, right?" Debra said, confused by Jinny's words, "I mean, I used to live there, so I didn't check it for accuracy." Deciding to dismiss the confusion, she continued with her previous thought, "I've contacted the Speedwagon Foundation and they will deal with the police and getting us back on the road. For now, we just have to wait in town."

Turning to Gula, "It's not like I'm in need of money either. That's not my reason for making this journey." Jinny paused for a moment before speaking again, a hint of melancholy accompanied her words. "All my life it's been just my mother and me, that is when my mother had the time to spend with me. She led a busy life, it was unavoidable. It was made even more complicated when we moved from Hong Kong to the US, leaving what family she had behind."

"I came here to fill in a missing piece of the puzzle of my life. To find out more about who my father was, to get some answers. Right now I have more questions than answers, and I'm hoping that this will reading might shed some light."

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    The door was locked, but the condition of the door itself made it apparent that such a problem was common for those living here as the wood was warped from being kicked open. She could probably force it open by pulling it hard enough.

"You do know the address was on the invitation, right?" Debra said, confused by Jinny's words, "I mean, I used to live there, so I didn't check it for accuracy." Deciding to dismiss the confusion, she continued with her previous thought, "I've contacted the Speedwagon Foundation and they will deal with the police and getting us back on the road. For now, we just have to wait in town."
    Looking over at Debra, "I'm pretty sure that my letter only provided directions as far as the Bus Stop, and which bus to catch for the final leg of the journey. I didn't see an address on it."

Looking over at Debra, "I'm pretty sure that my letter only provided directions as far as the Bus Stop, and which bus to catch for the final leg of the journey. I didn't see an address on it."
    "Strange," Debra's confusion visibly grew, but she eventually replied again, "Well, for those of you who don't know, the reading will be taking place at your father's home, the Joestar Estate in El Cruce."

For those of them quick enough to pull up their GPS, they would find the town of El Cruce was only... two and a half hours south east of Driftwood.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Lighting up quickly, Vivian handed the lighter back. "Thanks. Magic's on the fritz."

"Means there's food."

With that, Vivian made her way to the door.
    Sandra took the light back and... didn't try to light her own cigarette because she didn't fucking have any. Goddamn it. She just realized it and already forgot.

It was fine. It was okay. There was probably a corner store down there that sold smokes; she could pick some up there. Once she got her hands on some, everything was going to be okay.

She headed for the door that some ghost-looking fucker was trying to open. Need some food, too. I'm starving.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"Strange," Debra's confusion visibly grew, but she eventually replied again, "Well, for those of you who don't know, the reading will be taking place at your father's home, the Joestar Estate in El Cruce."

For those of them quick enough to pull up their GPS, they would find the town of El Cruce was only... two and a half hours south east of Driftwood.
    "I assume you have plans of your own to get back to this Estate? So we either hang around and hope for a ride, or make our own way there." As she spoke to Debra, Jinny's eyes drifted over to where Jamie was taking care of Boris, before looking back at her, "at least one member of this impromptu family will need medical attention. I doubt Boris can walk far with his leg bleeding like that."

"I assume you have plans of your own to get back to this Estate? So we either hang around and hope for a ride, or make our own way there." As she spoke to Debra, Jinny's eyes drifted over to where Jamie was taking care of Boris, before looking back at her, "at least one member of this impromptu family will need medical attention. I doubt Boris can walk far with his leg bleeding like that."
    "I'm sorry I gave you the wrong impression, but I'm in the same boat you all are right now," She replied, "We might be loosely connected through your father, but I don't think that degree of separation would be enough for me to ditch you all. Besides," The woman said with a sigh, "He may be quiet, but I know Domo enough to know that he needs help as well."
    Last edited by Yun Lao; 01-23-2021 at 02:53 PM.

The Texas sun was far and away something she needed to get away from. If nothing else, her mind had been made up about this.

One of the wheels of her roller had dented, and was now dragging awkwardly over the concrete roof as it caught every crack on the way to the door. Suzie lifted a shaky hand and pulled...nothing.

...bother...

There would be something to be said about dying of heatstroke before getting to the bottom of one of the few revelations of her life, wouldn't there?

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sandra took the light back and... didn't try to light her own cigarette because she didn't fucking have any. Goddamn it. She just realized it and already forgot.

It was fine. It was okay. There was probably a corner store down there that sold smokes; she could pick some up there. Once she got her hands on some, everything was going to be okay.

She headed for the door that some ghost-looking fucker was trying to open. Need some food, too. I'm starving.
    She tugged a second time, visibly putting her body behind hit, still to no avail.

"...come on...stubborn twat...why won't this open-"

JYA-SHAAA---!!!

With the held of that thing that decided to「Stand」behind her, Suzie's last pull became so forceful the top hinge had been pulled off.

"Ah~!"

Reflexively, she murmured, and moved into the building. Hopefully there was an elevator or something, otherwise who knew what number of floors they'd have to go down?
    Last edited by grampagen; 01-23-2021 at 03:02 PM.

"I'm sorry I gave you the wrong impression, but I'm in the same boat you all are right now," She replied, "We might be loosely connected through your father, but I don't think that degree of separation would be enough for me to ditch you all. Besides," The woman said with a sigh, "He may be quiet, but I know Domo enough to know that he needs help as well."
    "Which reminds me," Jinny then went over to Domo, "I owe you, possibly I owe you my life. If you hadn't grabbed me, I might have fallen through the door before it was safe to jump out onto he roof." she then gave him a brief, respectful bow, "Thank you."
    Last edited by Tami; 01-23-2021 at 03:32 PM.

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Turning to Gula, "It's not like I'm in need of money either. That's not my reason for making this journey." Jinny paused for a moment before speaking again, a hint of melancholy accompanied her words. "All my life it's been just my mother and me, that is when my mother had the time to spend with me. She led a busy life, it was unavoidable. It was made even more complicated when we moved from Hong Kong to the US, leaving what family she had behind."

"I came here to fill in a missing piece of the puzzle of my life. To find out more about who my father was, to get some answers. Right now I have more questions than answers, and I'm hoping that this will reading might shed some light."
    "I'm just hoping I'll hear something more than what I've gotten from the public record and private investigators, both of which pretty much only really spoke of his more... salacious activities and little else."

"Did you manage to get an ambulance for him? Because if not, I'll make arrangements for him and anyone else who wants it at the nearest good hospital- along with transport to wherever."
    This signature intentionally left blank.

"Which reminds me," Jinny then went over to Domo, "I owe you, possibly I owe you my life. If you hadn't grabbed me, I might have fallen through the door before it was safe to jump out onto he roof." she then gave him a brief, respectful bow, "Thank you."
    The man nodded with a grunt, having busied himself picking out shards of glass from various parts of his exposed skin.

"Did you manage to get an ambulance for him? Because if not, I'll make arrangements for him and anyone else who wants it at the nearest good hospital- along with transport to wherever."
    "..." Debra looked at Gula for a moment, much in the same way she did Vivian earlier. The fact this girl was flaunting that she could provide transportation to wherever reliably and yet hadn't up until this point visibly struck a chord considering what all they had gone through.

"Domo is... very stubborn when it comes to medical aid, being the stoic type and all. It'd be best if I take him to whatever is local."

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    The Texas sun was far and away something she needed to get away from. If nothing else, her mind had been made up about this.

One of the wheels of her roller had dented, and was now dragging awkwardly over the concrete roof as it caught every crack on the way to the door. Suzie lifted a shaky hand and pulled...nothing.

...bother...

There would be something to be said about dying of heatstroke before getting to the bottom of one of the few revelations of her life, wouldn't there?

She tugged a second time, visibly putting her body behind hit, still to no avail.

"...come on...stubborn twat...why won't this open-"

JYA-SHAAA---!!!

With the held of that thing that decided to「Stand」behind her, Suzie's last pull became so forceful the top hinge had been pulled off.

"Ah~!"

Reflexively, she murmured, and moved into the building. Hopefully there was an elevator or something, otherwise who knew what number of floors they'd have to go down?
    The loud cracking of wood could be heard as Suzie seemingly tore the rooftop access door off its hinges. The August sunlight bathed the interior of the industrial-looking stairway hallway, including a faded painted arrow that indicated that the next floor below was 7th.

The man nodded with a grunt, having busied himself picking out shards of glass from various parts of his exposed skin.

"..." Debra looked at Gula for a moment, much in the same way she did Vivian earlier. The fact this girl was flaunting that she could provide transportation to wherever reliably and yet hadn't up until this point visibly struck a chord considering what all they had gone through.

"Domo is... very stubborn when it comes to medical aid, being the stoic type and all. It'd be best if I take him to whatever is local."

The loud cracking of wood could be heard as Suzie seemingly tore the rooftop access door off its hinges. The August sunlight bathed the interior of the industrial-looking stairway hallway, including a faded painted arrow that indicated that the next floor below was 7th.
    Speaking to Debra, "It might be best if we all went to the nearest hospital to get Domo, Boris, and anyone else who needs it medical help. I doubt an ambulance can reach us up here so easily. That is, assuming Domo can walk. I don't know how bad his injuries are, same for Boris. We would need to help them."
    Last edited by Tami; 01-23-2021 at 04:54 PM.

Vivian darts past the strange ghost-lady with superstrength and offers her a nod of appreciation before disappearing down the stairwell.

Though there was a faint, it present hum that sounded like:

"foodfoodfoodfoodfoodfood"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan