Page 29 of 108 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979 ... LastLast
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    She was so absorbed in her own thoughts that she flinched when she heard Sandra's voice. Even though they were altogether in the same lot, she'd been somewhat wary ever since she pulled in on that truck with the smoking engine at the truckstop.

Acknowledging her with a weak wave of her hand, Suzie suddenly became preternaturally aware that the shadow beside her was began to stir.

"Susan," she stammered. "My name is Susan...charmed, Sandra. Well, were we not so out of sorts right now, I guess."

The atmosphere became a little less heady at least...who knows what would have happened has she not spoken? Yet again she was alraedy at a loss for topics as they wound down the stairwells. Round the bend she looked behind her and nodded to Miguel as they pressed forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "VIVIAN." Came the shout from down the stairwell.
    Sandra cocked her head, even though neither Vivian nor Susan could see her. "Yeah, charmed. Sure," she replied. Eventually, she would get around to meeting the others. Or not. Not like it was going to matter after a few days.

Figure I'll stick around this dump after the reading for a few days, then drift off elsewhere. For people like her, drifting from place to place was second nature. It shouldn't have, but that was life.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Domo and Debra enter the elevator with the latter keeping a lookout for the others, "Hope they've noticed the sign," The older woman said, considering Boris' wounded leg.
    She noticed that there was a lift. How convenient. Sandra foresaw that it was going to be crowded. She thought about staking her area early, but honestly, walking down seven flights of stairs sounded much more desirable than being cooped up in a lift with fifteen or more people. "I'll take the stairs," she declared before quickly bouncing down the steps. Exercise was good for a girl, anyway.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    "I think so too. Ideally, someone with a bit of strength should go ahead of me and Boris, in case we trip on the way down"
    "That would be smart, however," Jinny looked around, "It looks like it's just us. I'll take the lead."

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " Boris slowly stands up." Thanks, " Boris said.
    At the entrance to the stairwell, she nodded, "Then lets' go." as she stepped into the stairwell.
    Last edited by Tami; 01-24-2021 at 10:30 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sandra pulled out her phone and turned the flashlight. "****! My charger's in my fucking bag," she realized once she saw she had 70% power left. She could pick one up at any store, but she fucking liked that charger.

She sighed and followed Hat Witch and Pale Ghost down the stairs.

"Hey," she called out. "Either of you two got a name? I'm Sandra." She figured she might as well introduce herself to her "siblings", even though after the stupid will reading, she was never going to see them again.
    "Susan," she stammered. "My name is Susan...charmed, Sandra. Well, were we not so out of sorts right now, I guess."

The atmosphere became a little less heady at least...who knows what would have happened has she not spoken? Yet again she was alraedy at a loss for topics as they wound down the stairwells. Round the bend she looked behind her and nodded to Miguel as they pressed forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "VIVIAN." Came the shout from down the stairwell.
    Miguel returned Suzie's nod, acknowledged with one of his own and sighed dejectedly. He didn't want to come across as moody to these people, his half-siblings as it were. After all, losing his bag wasn't any of their faults, but this entire trip was beginning to seem like a mistake. Still....couldn't hurt to introduce himself a bit.

"Name's Miguel. Master Magician...or at least I hope to be," he noted with a shrug. "How you all holding' up anyway? After...whatever the **** went down on that bus?"

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Miguel returned Suzie's nod, acknowledged with one of his own and sighed dejectedly. He didn't want to come across as moody to these people, his half-siblings as it were. After all, losing his bag wasn't any of their faults, but this entire trip was beginning to seem like a mistake. Still....couldn't hurt to introduce himself a bit.

"Name's Miguel. Master Magician...or at least I hope to be," he noted with a shrug. "How you all holding' up anyway? After...whatever the **** went down on that bus?"
    "One supposes it couldn't get much worse," Suzie's voice echoed half a floor below. Even as it bounced off the vertical concrete corridor, it still carried a twinge of nervousness.

"...lost a good number of my things with the way that minger were driving...bloody shame, innit," she said with a sigh. "Might use a spot of magic with that, if you got any on you...?"

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sandra cocked her head, even though neither Vivian nor Susan could see her. "Yeah, charmed. Sure," she replied. Eventually, she would get around to meeting the others. Or not. Not like it was going to matter after a few days.

Figure I'll stick around this dump after the reading for a few days, then drift off elsewhere. For people like her, drifting from place to place was second nature. It shouldn't have, but that was life.

She noticed that there was a lift. How convenient. Sandra foresaw that it was going to be crowded. She thought about staking her area early, but honestly, walking down seven flights of stairs sounded much more desirable than being cooped up in a lift with fifteen or more people. "I'll take the stairs," she declared before quickly bouncing down the steps. Exercise was good for a girl, anyway.
    "...ah...," she started, then let the thread of conversation dry in her throat. A bit of malaise took her with this brusque dismissal.

It was always so awkward when this sort of thing happened; and times like this, when the welling in her chest bloomed and she felt her insides crawl, it made her feel as if it'd been better off if she'd hadn't bothered at all.

We all got places to be, and our own things to do. Seems she and Vivian were going to forge ahead at their own pace. When Suzie stopped in the hallway on the seventh, she turned her head when Sandra continued down posthaste.

I'm beginning to wonder how much Family's got to do with the matter. With「Jigsaw Feeling」 handing over her head, hopefully, it wouldn't be long before they got some answers. At the very least, they all had that in common.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "I wouldn't know...this is my first time traveling like this." Lucy turned, having scooped ice into a container...thought for what purpose Suzie could only imagine for the time being. "I am actually under geared for travel like this....but I didn't have the luxury of packing heavy."

The girl glanced down at the case on the floor behind Suzie. "I don't believe I have to make this point obvious, but since you saw....and if you are serious about repaying your life, I ask you to keep quiet for the time being about my case. It would trigger undue hostility from the others to know what I keep with me...and I doubt they'd believe my intentions after what's already happened. Understand?"

Lucy tilted her head, then seemed to smile. ".....are you interested in confirming the contents for yourself? I don't mind if you take a peek."
    Even from this distance, the chill from the machine carried itself well through the dusty air. Certainly would be nice to take in something cold.

"...mum's the word," she said, "but I suppose that depends on your intention, yeah?"

Suzie shrugged her shoulders, stiffening as she tried to find the words.

"...I'd sorted it out for myself that you're not after us," What a strange and trifling thing to say for collective strangers. "Which means either you've followed a lead like Mac out of curiosity, or you got the letter too?"

At Lucy's invitation, Suzie sidled over to the guitar case, and began to inspect it.

Extraordinary Member

" Boris slowly stands up." Thanks, " Boris said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "That would be smart, however," Jinny looked around, "It looks like it's just us. I'll take the lead."

At the entrance to the stairwell, she nodded, "Then lets' go." as she stepped into the stairwell.
    John supported Boris, taking some weight off his bad leg. He decided to let Boris set the pace of their descent, because he didn't want to exacerbate Boris' injury any more than it already was

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    John supported Boris, taking some weight off his bad leg. He decided to let Boris set the pace of their descent, because he didn't want to exacerbate Boris' injury any more than it already was
    Boris walks at a slow and steady pace down the stairs with John." Thanks for the assist," Boris said.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

It would take some time, but the family's divergent paths would lead to the ground floor of the Driftwood Community Apartment complex. Much like the other floors, the cream-colored walls and green carpeted floors were neat and tidy, although one could see that just a bit more care and attention had been given to this one; similar to how one could scrub the floor yet only give the corners of the ceiling a cursory dusting. Local paintings of ranching landscapes and framed cut-outs of various old newspaper articles about this and that lined the walls going towards the main leasing office and near the main door was a large corkboard covered in business flyers, wanted ads, and other major notices.

A small crowd could be seen near the entrance, although it appeared that dispersals had already begun from the police as they waved people away and gave short and curt comments. They appear to be waiting on someone and upon seeing your group it was clear that the someone was all of you, "'Ey, Captain!" One officer called out, "I think we found 'hem!" Another officer said the captain, wearing a wide-brimmed hat and aviators, approached the group while barking out orders to the others, "Get the stretcher in here! There's a kid--" Pausing, the captain realized his slip-up, "We have a guy here who needs it."

As officers kept onlookers at bay and medics came in to assist Boris to the ambulance outside, the Captain looked to the group, his lips stretched into a frown, "Now, I hear y'all had a bit of excitement earlier... it damn sure looked exciting but for some reason, my men and I have been put under a strict warning not to acknowledge what happened. According to the federal agents, nothing happened, so don't ask us for ****, got it? Anyone who needs medical attention will be given a trip to the hospital and as for the rest of you, I'd rather you leave this immediately, but all I can really ask is that you don't cause any trouble here. Got it?" His words were hushed and sharp at the end, and yet he still tipped his hat to them in departure.

From here the Joestar family's path once more parts. Those needing medical attention or helping those in need will be taken to the [Reed Medical Center] in town while those remaining can explore [Driftwood Proper]. Before everyone departs, Debra informs them that an official representative from the Speedwagon Foundation will be arriving in town to transport them all properly to the Joestar estate in only a few hours and that their meeting point will be a neighborhood diner called the [Cattail Grill].

Vivian, upon being informed of the Cattail Grill's existence, gave Debra a hug before quickly hustling toward it.

Food Angels, like Truck Stop Magic, were not to be taken for granted.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member

Boris walks at a slow and steady pace down the stairs with John." Thanks for the assist," Boris said.
    "It's no problem. Human beings became the dominant form of life because we helped each other."
    It would take some time, but the family's divergent paths would lead to the ground floor of the Driftwood Community Apartment complex. Much like the other floors, the cream-colored walls and green carpeted floors were neat and tidy, although one could see that just a bit more care and attention had been given to this one; similar to how one could scrub the floor yet only give the corners of the ceiling a cursory dusting. Local paintings of ranching landscapes and framed cut-outs of various old newspaper articles about this and that lined the walls going towards the main leasing office and near the main door was a large corkboard covered in business flyers, wanted ads, and other major notices.

A small crowd could be seen near the entrance, although it appeared that dispersals had already begun from the police as they waved people away and gave short and curt comments. They appear to be waiting on someone and upon seeing your group it was clear that the someone was all of you, "'Ey, Captain!" One officer called out, "I think we found 'hem!" Another officer said the captain, wearing a wide-brimmed hat and aviators, approached the group while barking out orders to the others, "Get the stretcher in here! There's a kid--" Pausing, the captain realized his slip-up, "We have a guy here who needs it."

As officers kept onlookers at bay and medics came in to assist Boris to the ambulance outside, the Captain looked to the group, his lips stretched into a frown, "Now, I hear y'all had a bit of excitement earlier... it damn sure looked exciting but for some reason, my men and I have been put under a strict warning not to acknowledge what happened. According to the federal agents, nothing happened, so don't ask us for ****, got it? Anyone who needs medical attention will be given a trip to the hospital and as for the rest of you, I'd rather you leave this immediately, but all I can really ask is that you don't cause any trouble here. Got it?" His words were hushed and sharp at the end, and yet he still tipped his hat to them in departure.

From here the Joestar family's path once more parts. Those needing medical attention or helping those in need will be taken to the [Reed Medical Center] in town while those remaining can explore [Driftwood Proper]. Before everyone departs, Debra informs them that an official representative from the Speedwagon Foundation will be arriving in town to transport them all properly to the Joestar estate in only a few hours and that their meeting point will be a neighborhood diner called the [Cattail Grill].
    John chose to acompany Boris to the medical center

Seeing as how she needed to have her arm checked out anyway, it was a given that Jinny would go with Boris to [Reed Medical Center].

OOC: Yun, should I just RP her visit to the hospital or wait for you?
    Last edited by Tami; 01-25-2021 at 03:15 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Retired Overlord

Even from this distance, the chill from the machine carried itself well through the dusty air. Certainly would be nice to take in something cold.

"...mum's the word," she said, "but I suppose that depends on your intention, yeah?"

Suzie shrugged her shoulders, stiffening as she tried to find the words.

"...I'd sorted it out for myself that you're not after us," What a strange and trifling thing to say for collective strangers. "Which means either you've followed a lead like Mac out of curiosity, or you got the letter too?"

At Lucy's invitation, Suzie sidled over to the guitar case, and began to inspect it.
    No longer in the chaos of the moment aboard the bus, Suzie now had time to notice much more about the contents then she had before. When not thrashed about or in use there was a meticulous level of care in the placement of things to maximum storage space. Along the inner side of the case were straps for holding various containers, which suzie could recognize as those with the teargas, along with a few others of less obvious use. Their placement, along with some inner latching mechanisms that seemed more jury rigged then part of the guitar cases original design, seemed to imply that they could work in tandem....a sort of booby trap that had, thankfully, been disarmed before Suzie could find out the hard way.

The remaining contents were handgun, various rifle attachments, the remains of some nibbled jerky, ammo clips, cleaning supplies and....nestled more obviously in the center to draw suzies attention, Lucys letter regarding the will reading....signed and stamped.

Sitting beside it was a Rifle, a....incredibly high class rifle in fact. It had the air of something one didn't just buy in a gunstore.

And yet....something would nag at the back of ones mind. One who had caught only the fleeting glimse of its contents beforehand....it was almost as if.....

"So now that I've shown you mine, before we can go any further I need you to show me yours....." Something cold pressed against the back of Suzies neck.

It was at moment, the fact that there had been two handguns fluttered silently through Suzies mind.

"I'm sorry....I have to be sure. Show me your birthmark....the Joestar birthmark." Lucy spoke, quietly and deliberately. ".....I don't know if your ghost can block a shot at this range....so I wouldn't risk it."

"One supposes it couldn't get much worse," Suzie's voice echoed half a floor below. Even as it bounced off the vertical concrete corridor, it still carried a twinge of nervousness.

"...lost a good number of my things with the way that minger were driving...bloody shame, innit," she said with a sigh. "Might use a spot of magic with that, if you got any on you...?"
    "I'm more into stage magic than mage magic," Miguel clarified. "Showbiz, entertainment! ...That kinda thing," he continued, a brief crescendo of excitement followed by a more deflated tone. "Unfortunately...most of my tools of the trade got left on that bus as well. Not that I can't make do with what I've got but the real showstoppers are lost to me..."

"Wouldn't mind heading to the grill, but as it stands I've got no cash..." Miguel admitted. "A street show might still be possible, though..."

Jamie was caught in indecision. She wasn't injured during the events on the bus, so she probably shouldn't head to the Reed Medical Center, but she wasn't hungry enough to go to the Cattail Grill. So she thought she should go and look around at the local stores for a bit, get an appetite before going to the Grill.

'And considering the events on Toby Keith's bus, I should probably find a store to prepare a proper first-aid kit. Maybe something to defend myself, if things are going to continue this way... And buy a couple of new t-shirts to replace the ones I used to help Boris.' Jamie thought with a nod.

'And buy more rope.'she mentally added, still not thinking WHY her parents were insistent on her always carrying a length of rope.

Plan decided, Jamie turned and head into Driftwood Proper to find the stores she needed, hoping that she could find everything she needed in this town.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Sandra decided to head into town to find a corner store for smokes and beer. After that, she'd get something to eat. "Luckily, I got my wallet with me," she said to herself. Plenty of cash, too. Not only from when she robbed that prick blind, but also from some... work she had done in the days leading up to that robbery. She figured she had enough to last her the entire time.

Provided she didn't have to buy any of those bums anything. She overheard Miguel saying he had no money and hauled ass down the stairs before he got any ideas. She was nobody's mama and sure and **** wasn't about to buy any of these clowns any food. If they wanted money, they had better find a john and make it themselves like she did.
    Last edited by Sub-Zero MKA; 01-25-2021 at 03:18 PM.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!