Page 30 of 108 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "I'm more into stage magic than mage magic," Miguel clarified. "Showbiz, entertainment! ...That kinda thing," he continued, a brief crescendo of excitement followed by a more deflated tone. "Unfortunately...most of my tools of the trade got left on that bus as well. Not that I can't make do with what I've got but the real showstoppers are lost to me..."

"Wouldn't mind heading to the grill, but as it stands I've got no cash..." Miguel admitted. "A street show might still be possible, though..."
    Before leaving for the hospital, and overhearing Miguel's comment, Jinny reached into her bag with her right hand and pulled out her wallet. With some difficultly, she managed to extract a 20 from within. Offering it to him, "Sorry I don't have much more cash on me right now, but maybe this will help."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Before leaving for the hospital, and overhearing Miguel's comment, Jinny reached into her bag with her right hand and pulled out her wallet. With some difficultly, she managed to extract a 20 from within. Offering it to him, "Sorry I don't have much more cash on me right now, but maybe this will help."
    "Oh ****, gracias!" Miguel stated in surprise, taking the money gratefully.

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Oh ****, gracias!" Miguel stated in surprise, taking the money gratefully.
    "It's a loan, though there is no rush to pay me back." Jinny gave him a sly smile before boarding the ambulance heading to the Medical Center.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    No longer in the chaos of the moment aboard the bus, Suzie now had time to notice much more about the contents then she had before. When not thrashed about or in use there was a meticulous level of care in the placement of things to maximum storage space. Along the inner side of the case were straps for holding various containers, which suzie could recognize as those with the teargas, along with a few others of less obvious use. Their placement, along with some inner latching mechanisms that seemed more jury rigged then part of the guitar cases original design, seemed to imply that they could work in tandem....a sort of booby trap that had, thankfully, been disarmed before Suzie could find out the hard way.

The remaining contents were handgun, various rifle attachments, the remains of some nibbled jerky, ammo clips, cleaning supplies and....nestled more obviously in the center to draw suzies attention, Lucys letter regarding the will reading....signed and stamped.

Sitting beside it was a Rifle, a....incredibly high class rifle in fact. It had the air of something one didn't just buy in a gunstore.

And yet....something would nag at the back of ones mind. One who had caught only the fleeting glimse of its contents beforehand....it was almost as if.....

"So now that I've shown you mine, before we can go any further I need you to show me yours....." Something cold pressed against the back of Suzies neck.

It was at moment, the fact that there had been two handguns fluttered silently through Suzies mind.

"I'm sorry....I have to be sure. Show me your birthmark....the Joestar birthmark." Lucy spoke, quietly and deliberately. ".....I don't know if your ghost can block a shot at this range....so I wouldn't risk it."
    Cautiously appraising the contents of the case, Suzie drew back her hand nimbly as the latch came apart and the lid opened. It was a surprise that left her feeling hollow on the trip in, but under the circumstances she'd considered it a mixed blessing. This close, she was able to gain a finer appreciation - of sorts - of the contents within the case.

Heavily armed, and no mistake at that. Back in London, she'd had a few gigs on touchups, all hot-glue and inseam stitching to give off the visual impression. Sound was all added in post, gussying up the veneer made the difference between convincing a viewer a prop was a real Stradivarius.

The waft of rations and gun grease wrinkled her nose, but her eyes darted at the slotted magazines, the safety-lodged sliders, and the centrepiece.

That's not a piece of kit, that's a real weapon.

Thankfully, the familiar sight of the letter somehow put her mind at ease. The same signature, the same letterhead, only the copy face was different.

At least we're on the same page-

...perhaps Suzie Zee had presumed far too much, for indeed her impression had been too short, and she felt the cold metal press against her neck. She swallowed a dry lump and stiffened where she crouched on the carpeted floor.

"Oh God...have to be sure of what?" she stammered, "please don't, I haven't the foggiest- I mean, I don't know-"

She shuddered, and dark trails fell from the corners of her eyes.

"The spirit won't hurt you if you back away," more a pleading than a threat, "Would that it didn't follow me, I'm only here because it followed from the Fever, like? And it hadn't left me alone since and I-I...I don't have a birthmark~!"

Yet contrary to her words, if Lucy were to inspect just beneath her collar - evidently a rather raw, sensitive area by the way Suzie's entirely shrunk towards it - there stood a portwine stain that pronounced itself exceedingly, stretching to five mottled points, dark like burnt paper.

[Reed Medical Center]

Despite being so close to the center of town, those being brought to the medical center would discover just how destructive Toby Keith's attempt on their lives had been on the town. Ambulances lined the exterior of the modestly sized hospital and the injured within packed a waiting room designed for half their numbers. The staff's stress was visible, strained by recent events, and patients were solemn in their resignation, knowing that they would be waiting for some time. His gunshot wounds deemed serious enough for immediate treatment, Boris is taken to the back, but as for the rest of you, you are given clipboards of paperwork to fill out and left to find a spot to wait. "Guess we don't have much of a choice but wait," Debra said.

----

Shortly after the arrival of a group, another family entered this time a father and his toddler son who quickly approached the window, "Pardon me, I'm here is to see Isabella Weathermaker."

"Daddy, what about Clutch?" The child asked, prompting as painful sigh from the father, "Clutch is gone, Buddy." "But, Daddy, I sa--"

"Mr. Weathermaker?" The receptionist interjected, "Your wife is in room 214, you can go down the hallway to the left and use the elevator."

"Thanks, come on, Buddy."

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Cautiously appraising the contents of the case, Suzie drew back her hand nimbly as the latch came apart and the lid opened. It was a surprise that left her feeling hollow on the trip in, but under the circumstances she'd considered it a mixed blessing. This close, she was able to gain a finer appreciation - of sorts - of the contents within the case.

Heavily armed, and no mistake at that. Back in London, she'd had a few gigs on touchups, all hot-glue and inseam stitching to give off the visual impression. Sound was all added in post, gussying up the veneer made the difference between convincing a viewer a prop was a real Stradivarius.

The waft of rations and gun grease wrinkled her nose, but her eyes darted at the slotted magazines, the safety-lodged sliders, and the centrepiece.

That's not a piece of kit, that's a real weapon.

Thankfully, the familiar sight of the letter somehow put her mind at ease. The same signature, the same letterhead, only the copy face was different.

At least we're on the same page-

...perhaps Suzie Zee had presumed far too much, for indeed her impression had been too short, and she felt the cold metal press against her neck. She swallowed a dry lump and stiffened where she crouched on the carpeted floor.

"Oh God...have to be sure of what?" she stammered, "please don't, I haven't the foggiest- I mean, I don't know-"

She shuddered, and dark trails fell from the corners of her eyes.

"The spirit won't hurt you if you back away," more a pleading than a threat, "Would that it didn't follow me, I'm only here because it followed from the Fever, like? And it hadn't left me alone since and I-I...I don't have a birthmark~!"

Yet contrary to her words, if Lucy were to inspect just beneath her collar - evidently a rather raw, sensitive area by the way Suzie's entirely shrunk towards it - there stood a portwine stain that pronounced itself exceedingly, stretching to five mottled points, dark like burnt paper.
    "...Hmm..." Lucy considered for a moment, then gentle pulled the collar of the girls shirt a little to the side. "You had the fever too....I suppose it makes sense. Don't be afraid....I won't hurt you unless you give me cause."

Taking a moment to examine the star, the girl let out a near inaudible sigh of relief. "I'm sorry....It is better to be safe then sorry, I've heard. Your....without a doubt....family." The cold feeling vanished from Suzies neck, and a moment later the girls hand came into view and in her palm rested....a slightly melted ice cube.

"...eheh...it works better with a popsicle but its all I had...." Lucy chuckled. "..and...Sorry if my teasing is a bit heavy handed."

Stepping up beside her, Lucy leaned forward and shut the case with her hand....then craned her neck and pulled aside her right collar with her two fingers. Suzie would get a proper view of the birthmark that lay under, or at least....it seemed like a birthmark. Someone or something had scarred a rather painful looking series of digits over the mark.

"See....I have one too. Well....I have two family birthmarks I suppose...."

[Cattail Grill]

With its logo being a modern-looking wooden sign depicting a cattail reed and a branding iron, one would expect the restaurant to be a modern-day steakhouse, but instead, they would find that the building was a refurbished hole in the wall bar. Stepping in, the dimness of the interior seemed to suck away at the sunlight itself, and while it might have lacked in curb appeal, it did definitely help with air conditioning. The host's podium was a simple blackboard sandwich board sign that said to seat yourself, from which the visitors could take a seat at the rustic-looking bar, or false leather table booths.

[Driftwood]

It had been difficult to get a grasp on just how dangerous Toby Keith's driving had been within that tour bus, but upon taking to the streets of the town, one could start to get a feel for it. Power poles and street signs had knocked off and the wreckage of other vehicles had been cleared aside for the time being, with handfuls of people taking pictures or searching the twisted mounds of metal and plastic for something. Local shop owners stood outside their establishments, some conversing with others while some helped customers navigate inside buildings without power.

Needless to say, any transactions made in Driftwood right now would have to be cash only.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post

[Reed Medical Center]

Despite being so close to the center of town, those being brought to the medical center would discover just how destructive Toby Keith's attempt on their lives had been on the town. Ambulances lined the exterior of the modestly sized hospital and the injured within packed a waiting room designed for half their numbers. The staff's stress was visible, strained by recent events, and patients were solemn in their resignation, knowing that they would be waiting for some time. His gunshot wounds deemed serious enough for immediate treatment, Boris is taken to the back, but as for the rest of you, you are given clipboards of paperwork to fill out and left to find a spot to wait. "Guess we don't have much of a choice but wait," Debra said.

----

Shortly after the arrival of a group, another family entered this time a father and his toddler son who quickly approached the window, "Pardon me, I'm here is to see Isabella Weathermaker."

"Daddy, what about Clutch?" The child asked, prompting as painful sigh from the father, "Clutch is gone, Buddy." "But, Daddy, I sa--"

"Mr. Weathermaker?" The receptionist interjected, "Your wife is in room 214, you can go down the hallway to the left and use the elevator."

"Thanks, come on, Buddy."
    Having finished filling out her paperwork, Jinny walks up to the window to hand it in. As she does, she asks the receptionist, feigning some innocence in order to gain some information, "Excuse me, can you tell me why there are so many people here?" she was curious about the man and his child, but was doubtful she'd get much information about them.

Having finished filling out her paperwork, Jinny walks up to the window to hand it in. As she does, she asks the receptionist, feigning some innocence in order to gain some information, "Excuse me, can you tell me why there are so many people here?" she was curious about the man and his child, but was doubtful she'd get much information about them.
    "I'm afraid I can't say anything. Police have requested that any inquiries are to be directed to this phone number," The receptionist replied, handing Jinny a small slip of paper with a 1-800 number.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

[Driftwood]

It had been difficult to get a grasp on just how dangerous Toby Keith's driving had been within that tour bus, but upon taking to the streets of the town, one could start to get a feel for it. Power poles and street signs had knocked off and the wreckage of other vehicles had been cleared aside for the time being, with handfuls of people taking pictures or searching the twisted mounds of metal and plastic for something. Local shop owners stood outside their establishments, some conversing with others while some helped customers navigate inside buildings without power.

Needless to say, any transactions made in Driftwood right now would have to be cash only.
    Being so close to the "action" resulted in Sandra being somewhat ignorant of the damage Toby Keith was actually causing with his rampage through the small town. Actually walking through the streets and seeing the aftermath first-hand was an eye opener. "Holy ****," she muttered when she took in the broken telephone poles and vehicles that had been rammed out of the way by the runaway bus. "How the **** does a bus do all this ****?"

That fucking pig told her to keep her mouth shut about the whole thing, so she did. She didn't want the cops in that country up her ass like they were in Germany.

She noticed that the shops were out of power. That meant cash only until all the **** could be cleaned up. That was fine; she had plenty of money on her.

She walked up to one such store. "You got smokes? I got cash."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

[Cattail Grill]

With its logo being a modern-looking wooden sign depicting a cattail reed and a branding iron, one would expect the restaurant to be a modern-day steakhouse, but instead, they would find that the building was a refurbished hole in the wall bar. Stepping in, the dimness of the interior seemed to suck away at the sunlight itself, and while it might have lacked in curb appeal, it did definitely help with air conditioning. The host's podium was a simple blackboard sandwich board sign that said to seat yourself, from which the visitors could take a seat at the rustic-looking bar, or false leather table booths.
    Vivian was quick to take a bar seat. Slapping her battered "ID" on the counter, not caring whether or not it was necessary; before exclaiming somewhat softly to the nearest barkeep. "Meat please."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

"I'm afraid I can't say anything. Police have requested that any inquiries are to be directed to this phone number," The receptionist replied, handing Jinny a small slip of paper with a 1-800 number.
    Taking the slip of paper, she found herself an open space with enough room to move around. After memorizing the number, she slipped it into her travel bag and fished out her phone with her right hand. Turning it on, she tapped in the number and placed the phone to her ear.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Being so close to the "action" resulted in Sandra being somewhat ignorant of the damage Toby Keith was actually causing with his rampage through the small town. Actually walking through the streets and seeing the aftermath first-hand was an eye opener. "Holy ****," she muttered when she took in the broken telephone poles and vehicles that had been rammed out of the way by the runaway bus. "How the **** does a bus do all this ****?"

That fucking pig told her to keep her mouth shut about the whole thing, so she did. She didn't want the cops in that country up her ass like they were in Germany.

She noticed that the shops were out of power. That meant cash only until all the **** could be cleaned up. That was fine; she had plenty of money on her.

She walked up to one such store. "You got smokes? I got cash."
    She would find the store was a liquor "party store", manned by an old man. Glancing up from his magazine, he gave a small cackle, "****, you must be desperate with a line like that. Yeah I got some, what type you looking for?"

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Vivian was quick to take a bar seat. Slapping her battered "ID" on the counter, not caring whether or not it was necessary; before exclaiming somewhat softly to the nearest barkeep. "Meat please."
    "What type and what temperature?" The barkeep was a stoic looking man whose features wouldn't be out of place in a biker gang.

Taking the slip of paper, she found herself an open space with enough room to move around. After memorizing the number, she slipped it into her travel bag and fished out her phone with her right hand. Turning it on, she tapped in the number and placed the phone to her ear.
    Within the first ring, Jinny found herself listening to an automated message, "Thank you for calling the Plains County Human Resources line. Due to heavy call traffic, the current wait time is [45 minutes]..."

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

She would find the store was a liquor "party store", manned by an old man. Glancing up from his magazine, he gave a small cackle, "****, you must be desperate with a line like that. Yeah I got some, what type you looking for?"
    Sandra sighed as she pulled her wallet out. "I had a fucking shitty day, so yeah, I'm desperate. Three packs of Miburo, mild."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!