Page 84 of 108 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1610

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Finding her way to the dining area, Jinny looked around and was surprised at how few others were there. It seemed like some of the others had taken their time as well. Entering she looked over the food, then reached for a plate, but then pulled back. Looking over the room, she realized that Jamie wasn't here yet.

Deciding that breakfast could wait, Jinny turned around and headed back to the second-floor bedrooms. She felt somewhat responsible for what happened and her conscience wouldn't rest until she was sure that Jamie was alright.

OOC: Jinny is heading back to try and find the room Jamie is in.
    Making an educated guess, Jinny knocks on a closed door. "Jamie? Are you there?"
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    OOC: If any of you want, free feel to continue the night in time warp, but I think this might make for a good advancing point.
    ----------

It would take some time, but everything settled once more. Jamie and Boris would regain consciousness shortly after they were rid of the murderous influence that had once controlled them. For Jamie, the knowledge of what she had done would result in her stand being bound by her guilt and as an apology, she would use her healing abilities to restore Jinny's mouth as well as "fixing" both Jinny's and Boris' previous wounds. Boris, on the other hand, would be forever haunted with an unknown dislike of large axes. By this point, it was unanimously decided on that perhaps the best course of action was to just go to bed and hope for some peace, although for some, sleep would be difficult knowing that whatever had taken control of Jamie and Boris was still out there.

Finally, after what felt like five months and a couple of days, this troublesome day had passed.

With the moon's descent came the sun's rise, dim streams of light peeking through curtained windows and upon the eighth hour of the day, the resonating sounds of the grandfather clock could be heard, declaring that morning had come and more important to some of them, that breakfast was ready.
    "YAAWWWWWN!" Miguel stretched. "Can't say it was the best night of sleep in my life but it certainly felt like the best I've had in a long while!" he shouted cheerfully as he emerged from his room, ready for breakfast. "Buenas, y'all!" he greeted everyone he could, before he darted downstairs.

Making an educated guess, Jinny knocks on a closed door. "Jamie? Are you there?"
    Jamie frowned as she heard Jinny knock on the door and call through it, but kept quiet. Maybe her half-sister would go away and be safe from her if she remained silent and didn't let her know she was in here.

Her eyes widened as her Stand extended from the foot of the bed, moving over toward the door.

"No! Don't." Jamie hissed frantically, but as it reached the door, it turned to her, gave her a smirk, and grabbed the knob before tossing it wide open, vanishing into nothingness as the door swung open to allow Jinny into the room.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Jamie frowned as she heard Jinny knock on the door and call through it, but kept quiet. Maybe her half-sister would go away and be safe from her if she remained silent and didn't let her know she was in here.

Her eyes widened as her Stand extended from the foot of the bed, moving over toward the door.

"No! Don't." Jamie hissed frantically, but as it reached the door, it turned to her, gave her a smirk, and grabbed the knob before tossing it wide open, vanishing into nothingness as the door swung open to allow Jinny into the room.
    Pausing for a moment to look inside, Jinny then took a step, but stopped at the entry, "May I come in?"

"When I didn't see you downstairs, I just wanted to check on you."
    Last edited by Tami; 04-16-2021 at 06:22 PM.

Pausing for a moment to look inside, Jinny then took a step, but stopped at the entry, "May I come in?"

"When I didn't see you downstairs, I just wanted to check on you."
    Jamie wanted to tell Jinny to go away, it was dangerous to be around her. But she sounded so legitimately worried about her, Jamie instead sighed as she said "Come on in Jinny."

"I'm fine, you don't need to worry about me."
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Vivian arrived at the breakfast table with all the grace of a shambling corpse. The only thing clutched in her talons being a single cup of black coffee, and the stub of a cigarette she smoked down while waiting.

"..."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Jamie wanted to tell Jinny to go away, it was dangerous to be around her. But she sounded so legitimately worried about her, Jamie instead sighed as she said "Come on in Jinny."

"I'm fine, you don't need to worry about me."
    While Talking another few steps inside, enough to pass through the doorway, "I wanted to apologize for last night, and to thank you. For my arm."

While Talking another few steps inside, enough to pass through the doorway, "I wanted to apologize for last night, and to thank you. For my arm."
    Jamie blinked in surprise, staring at Jinny for several seconds before asking "Why are you apologizing? If anything, I should be apologizing to you for attacking you like that and my Stand removing your mouth."
    - C.S. Lewis

" Hey, John, did you spot a book by any chance? Also, there's this mysterious figure with a clock for a face in this room with me. It's just standing around," Boris said.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Jamie blinked in surprise, staring at Jinny for several seconds before asking "Why are you apologizing? If anything, I should be apologizing to you for attacking you like that and my Stand removing your mouth."
    "That wasn't your fault. We haven't known each other long, but I am certain that you were not yourself. Same for Boris." Jinny's voice took a sharp edge, a touch of anger not directed at Jamie, "I don't know who or what caused it, but that is something we'll have to deal with."

"Still," her voice became softer,"I should have found a less violent means of snapping you out of it. I'm sorry. I could have caused you serious harm. I'm just grateful that you are alright."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " Hey, John, did you spot a book by any chance? Also, there's this mysterious figure with a clock for a face in this room with me. It's just standing around," Boris said.
    "I noticed him. I just assumed he was your stand." John responded, "And what kind of Book?"

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    "I noticed him. I just assumed he was your stand." John responded, "And what kind of Book?"
    "So the clock face thing is my stand well, that's neat. A Book on eastern Slavic folklore called Empress Milica and Dragon from Jastrepca and Other Tales. I took it from the library last night. I remember having it with me last night when I bump into Jamie," Boris said.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

"That wasn't your fault. We haven't known each other long, but I am certain that you were not yourself. Same for Boris." Jinny's voice took a sharp edge, a touch of anger not directed at Jamie, "I don't know who or what caused it, but that is something we'll have to deal with."

"Still," her voice became softer,"I should have found a less violent means of snapping you out of it. I'm sorry. I could have caused you serious harm. I'm just grateful that you are alright."
    "If I'm remembering correctly, I was aiming to kill you! You were just defending yourself in a life-and-death situation! So you have nothing to apologize for! And considering that my Stand had removed your mouth and would have done the same to your nose if possible, so I caused you far worse harm than you did to me!" Jamie argued.
    - C.S. Lewis

"If I'm remembering correctly, I was aiming to kill you! You were just defending yourself in a life-and-death situation! So you have nothing to apologize for! And considering that my Stand had removed your mouth and would have done the same to your nose if possible, so I caused you far worse harm than you did to me!" Jamie argued.
    "Am I right to assume that, under normal circumstances, you wouldn't have attacked me or Boris, or anyone? But, if it will make you feel any better, we can call it even. You were forced to attack me against your will, and I was forced to respond in kind."

Jinny took a seat in a chair across from Jamie's bed, then leaned in, "It would be more productive to focus on finding out what was behind this and make sure that it doesn't happen to anyone else. More productive than sitting around up here when there is food downstairs."

She then smiled, "By the way, have you named your Stand yet?"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    "So the clock face thing is my stand well, that's neat. A Book on eastern Slavic folklore called Empress Milica and Dragon from Jastrepca and Other Tales. I took it from the library last night. I remember having it with me last night when I bump into Jamie," Boris said.
    "Unfortunately, I didn't see it. Maybe Jamie or Jinny picked it up? Or perhaps one of the staff"