Page 102 of 108 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 1610

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Miguel sped through the pages of his book, a history of various automobiles throughout the world, when he noticed something from the corner of his eye. Lowering the book slightly, he saw it was Boris. Guess...he had something to say? Raising one of the headphones above his ear, he inquired, "Uh, you need something bro? ...This isn't about your uncle, is it?"
    Debra has something important to discuss, be at the Garden by midnight. Don't trust Hironobu!" Boris said.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Perhaps it was the light and the day's end, or the vintage was particularly stiff, but from her seat on the bench, Sandra could see a spot of darkness that seemed to crop up over the flower hedges every so often, followed by a sound, like steel scratching against stone below.

It was far away at first, but as the slow minutes passed by, the noise seemed to draw nearer, the darkness thicker, and the foliage upon the hedges began to shift and rustle wildly...
    With Boris gone and Jamie seeming content to... do whatever it was she was doing, Sandra felt comfortable to return to what she had been doing. She shifted until she was laying on the bench on her back. Her gaze was focused solely on the stars up above. If nothing else, gazing aimlessly into the sky above could calm her down in ways that endless booze and all the cigarettes in the world couldn't. Maybe because it was nature, or something. She didn't know.

She let out a soft sigh and slipped a hand under her head. For everything that had happened over the last few days - near death experiences and a score of unexpected emotions - it was the little, quiet moments like that that brought her back down to earth. With a life as turbulent as hers, she really had to cling to whatever bright spots she could find. Something as simple as star gazing was it, at least for that night.

That was until she heard a horrible scratching noise, like someone running several knives across a stone floor. "What the ****? Now what?" It seemed that bullshit was going to find Sandra no matter how much she wanted to be left alone. She sat up and saw a dark blob around the flower hedges. "I swear, it's always bullshit with this place," she grumbled. Whatever the blob was, it was getting closer; and as it got closer, it got more foreboding. I need something to defend myself.

*THUD*

The moment the thought popped in her head, the strange book she received the day before materialized out of nowhere and landed right beside her. She sighed deeply and picked it up. "What the hell does this stupid thing even do?" It was a book, so it probably didn't have any kind of special powers. "What am I supposed to do, read the blob a story?" She opened the cover and flipped through the pages. Every page was blank.

Every. Single. One.

"Goddamn it."

It was heavy, so at least she could use it as a bludgeoning weapon. She rose to her feet and raised the book over her head. "Come any closer and I'll **** you up!"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Coming up from behind, then sidestepping to be next to her so that they could see each other, Jinny made her pitch, "Vivian, Debra wants to speak to all of us tonight around midnight. It might be in your best interest to join the rest of us there."
    Doing what she could in the dining hall, Jamie finished her own meal then headed back to her room. Opening the door and stepping inside, she immediately headed towards the chair on which her travel bag rested. Nearby, various personal care items were still where she left them on the dresser, a reminder that she'd need to make sure she didn't leave anything behind in the morning.

Opening up the bag, she saw the book resting spine down inside, tilted slightly towards the chair's backrest. Pausing for a moment, she looked down at her hands then turned, walking quickly to the attached bathroom. After a minute or two of washing and drying her hands, she went back to her bag and pulled it out.

Opening up the book, she easily found the note inside. Assured that it was as she had left it, Jinny closed the book and glanced towards the door, then to the clock resting on an end table next to the bed.

Noting the time, she purposefully left the room, closing the door behind her. She remembered a sitting area near the passageway to the garden and had decided to wait there until it was time. The book it's self should be an interesting read, and the note contained within deserves a more careful analysis.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Debra has something important to discuss, be at the Garden by midnight. Don't trust Hironobu!" Boris said.
    "Hmm, okay. Thanks for the heads up," Miguel shrugged, placing his headphones back on and preparing to wait until the appointed time.

Hearing his stomach growling Boris, leaves the library and heads to the dining room.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

It had occurred to her that the staff had the unenviable task of manicuring these hedges, bad seed and all, but the moment she found a trace of striated, corded bark among the greenery of flower growth, Suzie had become fixated on the thinnest of leads.

Well, more of an assumption, anyway. Despite her fondness for the idea of what sprung anew from old decaying things, frankly she'd hardly possessed the eye for horticulture, and the long, black claws of「Jigsaw Feeling」tracing the growth over the roots like a mortician with arteries was perhaps the opposite of green fingers. As the parting in the foliage followed her path through the garden, she took some small solace in the knowledge it would more than likely have been grown over by morning.

Two years' worth of growth... Passing through the tulip-hedge over the knotted rosebush, past the shade of nasturtiums wide as dinner plates, Suzie looked around herself and swore she passed this area before. She brushed a hand past the fringe of hair before her face to clear away the pollen and scattered bits. The acid-sweet scent of the Monkeycups pricked her nostrils. No mistaking it. The arid summer air was hardly a place for something so bright and tropical, so it stood fast in her memory.

I'm going in circles...

Like a cat tracing unravelling twine. Nevertheless, the acute difference in the thickness of this long-dead tendril winding its way the through shrubbery was palpable...as it could be. The shared sensations with her Stand would take some getting used to.

There, towards the end of the garden...

With a sigh, she moved off as she backtracked, but now with a set track in mind Suzie proceeded, and in the darkness her stand's eyes glowed accordingly with a particular hunger. Past the little lidded plants, again by the wild roses, onward from Debra's prized daffodils...

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    With Boris gone and Jamie seeming content to... do whatever it was she was doing, Sandra felt comfortable to return to what she had been doing. She shifted until she was laying on the bench on her back. Her gaze was focused solely on the stars up above. If nothing else, gazing aimlessly into the sky above could calm her down in ways that endless booze and all the cigarettes in the world couldn't. Maybe because it was nature, or something. She didn't know.

She let out a soft sigh and slipped a hand under her head. For everything that had happened over the last few days - near death experiences and a score of unexpected emotions - it was the little, quiet moments like that that brought her back down to earth. With a life as turbulent as hers, she really had to cling to whatever bright spots she could find. Something as simple as star gazing was it, at least for that night.

That was until she heard a horrible scratching noise, like someone running several knives across a stone floor. "What the ****? Now what?" It seemed that bullshit was going to find Sandra no matter how much she wanted to be left alone. She sat up and saw a dark blob around the flower hedges. "I swear, it's always bullshit with this place," she grumbled. Whatever the blob was, it was getting closer; and as it got closer, it got more foreboding. I need something to defend myself.

*THUD*

The moment the thought popped in her head, the strange book she received the day before materialized out of nowhere and landed right beside her. She sighed deeply and picked it up. "What the hell does this stupid thing even do?" It was a book, so it probably didn't have any kind of special powers. "What am I supposed to do, read the blob a story?" She opened the cover and flipped through the pages. Every page was blank.

Every. Single. One.

"Goddamn it."

It was heavy, so at least she could use it as a bludgeoning weapon. She rose to her feet and raised the book over her head. "Come any closer and I'll **** you up!"
    It was there under the bough of the chrysanthemums that the shadow began to pool. It was unclear in the darkness, but Sandra could hear it clearly on the stones of the garden path.

The rusted scraping sound in the undergrowth drew closer, follwed by footfalls stiff as cloven hooves. The cold, night air seemed to rush about her as if beckoning her towards something.

"...bugger, the bloody thing's burrowed in..."

As if sensing her mounting frustration,「Jigsaw Feeling」seized upon the wooded root and pulled upward forcefully.
    Suddenly the earth beneath the flower hedges twist and something rose from below in a rush as it crawled upward from the rooted hedge. The cold, inky shape pulled itself upward, a phantom with a hollow void stretched from jaw to navel in a gruesome maw. Strangely, it seemed to pass through the plantlife, its hollow, lifeless eyes manifesting and piercing through the night as it slowly resolved and hovered there, its hand clutching at something below...
    Last edited by grampagen; 06-15-2021 at 06:30 PM.

Boris makes his way back to the dinning room, grabs some food, and sits down to eat.
    My Forum check it out

Midnight comes, and for some, this would be the arrival of some much-needed answers.

Whether one waited or headed out at the last moment, all would eventually find themselves at the largest gazebo in the garden although it looked more like a giant bush at this point considering the amount of ivy and kudzu that gripped at the structure. Within it sat a nervous Debra, clutching at the envelope she had been given earlier in the day, and Domo, who stoically took watch for any unwanted participants.

Extraordinary Member

John stood with the rest of them silently, wishing he'd done more to inform everyone, as both his family members had worked far faster than him

Through the underbrush it crashed, like a beast borne by purpose, its footfalls the sound of fate. Of course when it tripped out of a nearby hedge twigs and leaves sticking out of its hat and clothing, swearing like a sailor too drunk to stand... well, it was just Vivian; and she sure as **** wasn't happy. "Who's the dumblefuck that thought it wise to mention a meeting, without telling me WHERE the meeting was? Was pure luck I heard some of you shits breathing louder than the dead while I was contemplating burning down th..." Vivian fell silent when she realized Debra was here.

"I most certainly was not considering lighting the Weald you transplanted here on fire, no ma'am."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Midnight comes, and for some, this would be the arrival of some much-needed answers.

Whether one waited or headed out at the last moment, all would eventually find themselves at the largest gazebo in the garden although it looked more like a giant bush at this point considering the amount of ivy and kudzu that gripped at the structure. Within it sat a nervous Debra, clutching at the envelope she had been given earlier in the day, and Domo, who stoically took watch for any unwanted participants.
    Since being informed of the meeting, Jamie had squirreled herself away, deep in thought on everything they'd learned, the weight that had been placed on their shoulders by their late father, and whatever her step-mother Debra had to tell them. Entering the largest gazebo, she gave a small nod to the woman as she said "Hello mom, hello Domo. I hope that everything has been well for you two."
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Shortly before the clock chimed midnight, Jinny closed the book and stood up. Making her way to the Garden, she ended up at the gazebo. Making her way up the few steps, she entered and stood aside, silently waiting for the others to show up. As she waited, she clutched the closed book that contained the letter tightly in her hand.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Default Past

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    It was there under the bough of the chrysanthemums that the shadow began to pool. It was unclear in the darkness, but Sandra could hear it clearly on the stones of the garden path.

The rusted scraping sound in the undergrowth drew closer, followed by footfalls stiff as cloven hooves. The cold, night air seemed to rush about her as if beckoning her towards something.

Suddenly the earth beneath the flower hedges twist and something rose from below in a rush as it crawled upward from the rooted hedge. The cold, inky shape pulled itself upward, a phantom with a hollow void stretched from jaw to navel in a gruesome maw. Strangely, it seemed to pass through the plantlife, its hollow, lifeless eyes manifesting and piercing through the night as it slowly resolved and hovered there, its hand clutching at something below...
    "What the actual ****?!" Sandra bellowed as the... the creature made itself known. It was something out of the most horrendous, terrifying nightmare imaginable. There was no conceivable way something like it could exist; and yet, there it was, staring at her with a pair of soulless eyes.

Sandra trembled out of fright like a newborn lamb. "Stay away!" She reached into her jacket and pulled out one of her bowie knives. At the same time, she hurled the book at the creature with all her might.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Sandra let out a yawn right before lighting up a cigarette. "This **** had better be good," she muttered just loudly enough for anyone near her to hear. Debra's nervous face gave some glimpse into the nature of the pending conversation.

She had been sitting in the garden ever since the reading ended, and thus missed out on dinner. That was fine, as she didn't have much of an appetite, but she knew that going to bed on an empty stomach was a bad idea. Guess I'll grab a bite after this **** is over.
    Last edited by Sub-Zero MKA; 06-18-2021 at 08:12 PM.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Boris arrives at the Garden and waves at Derba and Domo. Boris eyes Sandra's cigarette ( hmmph I, wouldn't be caught dead smoking a puny cigarette. I only smoke cigars,) Boris thought.

Boris then foucs his attetion on Derba.
    My Forum check it out