Page 18 of 108 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    John ducked bent down in his seat, hoping to hide himself from the gun man's line of sight. Once he had as much cover as he could get, he scanned the ground for a screw within his reach, or loose change. Any small piece of metal would do, really.
    [John (PER): 01]
    By this point in time, John would find a small pile of random bits and pieces. Mostly glass from the bottles, a few coins dislodged from the other passengers, and if he could strain his ears, he might have been able to hear the rolling bullet casing from Flors initial shot.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    [John (PER): 01]
    By this point in time, John would find a small pile of random bits and pieces. Mostly glass from the bottles, a few coins dislodged from the other passengers, and if he could strain his ears, he might have been able to hear the rolling bullet casing from Flors initial shot.

While doing his best to stay in place despite the wild driving, John grabbed the biggest glass shards he could find, and carefully held them between his knuckles. Not ideal, but they'd add a kick to his punch if it came down to it. As for the bullet casing, he grabbed for it, and adjusted his position so that he had an angle to flick the casing at the gunman's eye. On it's own, that was nothing but an annoyance. However, if he saw someone else make a move on them, he might be able to distract them at a critical moment. It was the best he could do

Vivian finished her cigarette.

Then she flicked the butt at the gunslinging kid; with a bit of [ Witchcraft] for flavor.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

"YEEEE-HAAW!!"

Spinning the wheel in one direction, the bus twirled, and the centrifugal forced threatened to dislodge those standing upright towards the back. Bloodied hands firmly gripping the seats, Domo would provide Jinny and Jamie the unmoveable backing to continue forth, his gaze firmly on the unconscious Debra whose position had only been maintained thanks in part to her seatbelt.
    Holding on tightly as the bus spun, Jamie resisted the urge to cry out from the centrifugal force, with only the combination of her firm grip and Domo's seemingly unmovable form keeping her from flying to the back of the bus.

When the spinning inevitably stopped, Jamie panted and said to Domo "Thank you very much." before continuing toward Debra's unconscious form.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

"YEEEE-HAAW!!"

Spinning the wheel in one direction, the bus twirled, and the centrifugal forced threatened to dislodge those standing upright towards the back. Bloodied hands firmly gripping the seats, Domo would provide Jinny and Jamie the unmoveable backing to continue forth, his gaze firmly on the unconscious Debra whose position had only been maintained thanks in part to her seatbelt.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Holding on tightly as the bus spun, Jamie resisted the urge to cry out from the centrifugal force, with only the combination of her firm grip and Domo's seemingly unmovable form keeping her from flying to the back of the bus.

When the spinning inevitably stopped, Jamie panted and said to Domo "Thank you very much." before continuing toward Debra's unconscious form.
    Years of spending hours holding a piant brush gave Jinny a good grip, good enough to keep herself from being flung around with Toby's last imitation of a roller coaster. Once the bus became steady again, she looked back to make sure that Jamie was okay, then noticed Domo providing them cover. Giving him a nod she continued to lead Jamie forward.

Arriving at the front seat where Debra was, she stepped aside, "I'll provide you as much cover as I can while you check her out. Then we'll see if we can wake."
    Last edited by Tami; 01-16-2021 at 07:58 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

"Heh, look George! The midget with the oedipus complex has an axe!" Flors called out, rather amused by the mafioso.

[Suzie (PER): 02]

As she came down, Suzie would notice that despite having no visible means of doing so, the two men in the back were somehow unaffected by Toby's reckless driving.

The sounds of moving glass could be heard nearby and rising from what was once the liquor bar was Domo, his face and body riddled with shards of broken glass. Blinking through blood and alcohol, the large man regarded Sandra before... heading back to the front. Whether he had deemed this not worth the hassle or had chosen to trust Sandra with finishing this was unknown.

"YEEEE-HAAW!!"

(An Oedipus complex? These bastards have their heads in the gutter. I'm not into my mother just sick. These bastards are sick in the head,) Boris thought.

Boris stands firm and swings his axe at the punk with the gun's right leg with deadly force in silent fury.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    (An Oedipus complex? These bastards have their heads in the gutter. I'm not into my mother just sick. These bastards are sick in the head,) Boris thought.

Boris stands firm and swings his axe at the punk with the gun's right leg with deadly force in silent fury.
    As the first to reach the pair, Boris' axe slices through the air... only to stop in mid-swing. It was almost like something had caught it, yet there was nothing in sight. It had been the same earlier, when during the confusion, Lucy had tossed a flashbang. Despite Toby's erratic driving, it should have done something to those in the back row, but there had been nothing. The only thing that had seemingly affected the two had been Vivian's smoking.

It was perhaps during this time Boris might have seen the punkish man, George, head hung low and his skin pale and clammy as he appeared to be concentrating heavily on something; unfortunately, there wouldn't be enough time to contemplate such mysteries as Flors chose to gleefully fire a shot into Boris' leg.

"Sucks to suck, little man, but none of you are crossing this 「Florida Georgia Line」!"
    Last edited by Yun Lao; 01-16-2021 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Vivian finished her cigarette.

Then she flicked the butt at the gunslinging kid; with a bit of [ Witchcraft] for flavor.
    Twirling in the air, the cigarette but had taken longer than plan to reach its destination due in part to the forces of momentum and inertia, however, it hits the air above the two only to pop and crackle loudly much like a bug caught in a bug zapper.

Extraordinary Member

As the first to reach the pair, Boris' axe slices through the air... only to stop in mid-swing. It was almost like something had caught it, yet there was nothing in sight. It had been the same earlier, when during the confusion, Lucy had tossed a flashbang. Despite Toby's erratic driving, it should have done something to those in the back row, but there had been nothing. The only thing that had seemingly affected the two had been Vivian's smoking.

It was perhaps during this time Boris might have seen the punkish man, George, head hung low and his skin pale and clammy as he appeared to be concentrating heavily on something; unfortunately, there wouldn't be enough time to contemplate such mysteries as Flors chose to gleefully fire a shot into Boris' leg.

"Sucks to suck, little man, but none of you are crossing this 「Florida Georgia Line」!"
    Twirling in the air, the cigarette but had taken longer than plan to reach its destination due in part to the forces of momentum and inertia, however, it hits the air above the two only to pop and crackle loudly much like a bug caught in a bug zapper.
    'A forcefield of some kind?' John thought to himself. 'That shouldn't be scientifically possible...yet I'm witnessing it with my own two eyes, so it is.'

John wracked his mind, trying to recall anything that would give him a clue about the forcefield's capabilities. He recalled the Flashbang, and the Cigarette smoke. 'Gas can permeate the forcefield...hmm, I have an idea. But do I have the materials'

With a new goal in mind, John scanned the bus, looking for...hair spray! His plan needed a can of hairspray!

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    'A forcefield of some kind?' John thought to himself. 'That shouldn't be scientifically possible...yet I'm witnessing it with my own two eyes, so it is.'

John wracked his mind, trying to recall anything that would give him a clue about the forcefield's capabilities. He recalled the Flashbang, and the Cigarette smoke. 'Gas can permeate the forcefield...hmm, I have an idea. But do I have the materials'

With a new goal in mind, John scanned the bus, looking for...hair spray! His plan needed a can of hairspray!
    Glancing around, John wouldn't find any just lying around. If any of them had brought a can with them, he would have to ask.

Boris stands firm and looks at the wound in his right leg. " Heh, just a bee sting. Now, what trickery are you punks pulling here? " Boris said as he shrugs off the shot to the leg.

Boris then looks at the nearest window.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Boris stands firm and looks at the wound in his right leg. " Heh, just a bee sting. Now, what trickery are you punks pulling here? " Boris said as he shrugs off the shot to the leg.

Boris then looks at the nearest window.
    [Boris (DUR): 02]
    While he couldn't entirely shrug off a gunshot to the leg, Boris could handle it better than most. Although he wasn't going to be able to say the same as an additional gunshot tore through the same section of the same leg, forcing the man to find stability with the vehicle attempting to throw him every which way.

From what Boris could see outside the window, the bus was heading towards a town.

Extraordinary Member

Glancing around, John wouldn't find any just lying around. If any of them had brought a can with them, he would have to ask.
    'Damn. Nothing visible. I'll have to ask aloud. Hopefully, they won't catch on' he thought, before shouting

"Does anyone here have a can of hairspray?"

Grunting to himself, the towering Domo rose from his seat, relying on the distance from the front of the bus to the rear of the vehicles would provide enough cover for the unconscious Debra. That was, of course, if the punk would be able to survive what this man could dish out. Pushing his way through the crowd forming, he seemed ready to bull charge the two in the back.

That was until Toby cut the wheel hard, fishtailing the massive vehicle and launching those standing straight into the right side of the interior.

"Keep it down back there! Heheh! Sound like a bunch of headless chickens cluckin'!"

Focusing down one particularly bumpy hill, those struggling to hang on for dear life would find themselves popped into the air, nearly reaching the ceiling.
    The bus driver had gone completely goddamn insane. He drove the bus recklessly, launching Miguel to the side against a window. It was a wonder nothing cracked, neither the glass or a rib. Didn't stop it from hurting though. Something had to be done, he'd heard shots fired off in the back. He didn't know if he had anything to combat armed assailants and besides, he was far too far away to do anything remotely effective.

...About the gunman at least. Now Toby Keith, on the other hand...he was a problem too. Driving like a lunatic out here. Maybe if he could get the jump on him, he could at least help put an end to part of this insanity. Miguel held onto the bus seats, using them to pull himself closer and closer towards the driver's seat in an attempt to stop the mad man intent on steering this ship directly to hell.

Vivian replaced the cigarette with a "huh".

Didn't see that everyday. Was this the work of an enemy witch? Lighting up again because of course, Vivian tried to get a feel for the Wheels on the Bus; at which point she'd attempt to **** with one using [Witchcraft].
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan