Page 55 of 108 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    As the smoke from the lit cigarette reached Jinny and made her cough, a single drop of what appeared to be water to those able to see it fell onto Vivian's Cigarette.
    Vivian either didn't notice or didn't care, and continue to emit smoke not dissimilar to a smokestack.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Vivian either didn't notice or didn't care, and continue to emit smoke not dissimilar to a smokestack.
    Sandra noticed how much smoke Vivian was putting out. And she took that personally.

Pulling out one of the several packs she purchased from the old man, she lit one up. "So," she said quietly, "where are you guys from?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Reaching over to a window, Jinny tries to open it to let some fresh air into the vehicle.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

" Originally Zaporizhzhia, Ukraine, but I moved to Fair Lawn, New Jersey here in this country in 2042," Boris said.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    It didn't take much longer after the main group's arrival before Suzie and Lucy followed, being the last ones left.

Surprisingly, it was also at this precise time that a limousine pulled up to the bar and grill. When asked about the time, Hironobu replied, "As Mr. Joestar predicted," much to the chagrin of those who had already heard that before. Still, they were making progress now.

Despite feelings of deja vu from the earlier tour bus ride, the group was eventually convinced and found all of them capable of fitting in that one singular vehicle; then again, it would have been stranger had it been unable to due to its absurd length.

"It feels good to be on schedule," Their host would say, seated in the passenger cabin alongside them, his eyes fixed on his pocket watch, "Mr. Joestar would be proud."

Back on the road again, but would this trip be uneventful for once?
    "Clearly, since he never had the time for any of us...." Lucy mused to herself, hands folded protectively over her case, which she used has a head rest, while she sat in the far corner window seat. "....or our mothers...." Lucy paused, then sighed. "Forgive me...I only have my example to work off and for all I know some of you had a wonderful relationship with him."

The girl seemed clearly uncomfortable to be in such closed quarters, weather because of the people or the cramped conditions. It only started getting worse then people started lighting up, causing her to start coughing, quietly at first but more distressingly violent as time went on.

"Could.....you please do that when we're not in a box....*cough*...*cough*...."

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Clearly, since he never had the time for any of us...." Lucy mused to herself, hands folded protectively over her case, which she used has a head rest, while she sat in the far corner window seat. "....or our mothers...." Lucy paused, then sighed. "Forgive me...I only have my example to work off and for all I know some of you had a wonderful relationship with him."

The girl seemed clearly uncomfortable to be in such closed quarters, weather because of the people or the cramped conditions. It only started getting worse then people started lighting up, causing her to start coughing, quietly at first but more distressingly violent as time went on.

Sandra sighed and crossed one leg over the other. "Alright, alright." She snuffed the cigarette out with the heel of her boot, then flicked it out the window. "Es tut mir leid," she muttered.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Vivian sighed heavily, but didn't stop smoking. Instead, it simply faded away until it seemed like she was smoking one of those old-fashioned electronic cigarettes.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

With the air somewhat more breathable, Jinny sat back in her seat, "It's going to be tricky finishing my work with only one arm." She then looked around, "Once I get back home to New Jersey I might as well take a week off."

With the air somewhat more breathable, Jinny sat back in her seat, "It's going to be tricky finishing my work with only one arm." She then looked around, "Once I get back home to New Jersey I might as well take a week off."
    " So you're from New Jersey, What place in New Jersey?" Boris said.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " So you're from New Jersey, What place in New Jersey?" Boris said.
    "Fort Lee, not too far from the GW Bridge and Koreatown." Jinny thought for a moment, "I heard you say you're living in Fair Lawn? Makes sense. It's the kind of town that attracts a lot of people from Europe and Asia. I go there myself on occasion to shop at one of the Asian specialty food markets. It's easier than going into Manhattan and just as good. There are also have some interesting East European Food markets and resturants in the area from what I've seen."
    Last edited by Tami; 03-01-2021 at 07:58 AM.

"Fort Lee, not too far from the GW Bridge and Koreatown." Jinny thought for a moment, "I heard you say you're living in Fair Lawn? Makes sense. It's the kind of town that attracts a lot of people from Europe and Asia. I go there myself on occasion to shop at one of the Asian specialty food markets. It's easier than going into Manhattan and just as good. There are also have some interesting East European Food markets and resturants in the area from what I've seen."
    " Yep that's corrected, and Fair Lawn also has a great bowling alley," Boris said.
    My Forum check it out

It didn't take much longer after the main group's arrival before Suzie and Lucy followed, being the last ones left.

Surprisingly, it was also at this precise time that a limousine pulled up to the bar and grill. When asked about the time, Hironobu replied, "As Mr. Joestar predicted," much to the chagrin of those who had already heard that before. Still, they were making progress now.

Despite feelings of deja vu from the earlier tour bus ride, the group was eventually convinced and found all of them capable of fitting in that one singular vehicle; then again, it would have been stranger had it been unable to due to its absurd length.

"It feels good to be on schedule," Their host would say, seated in the passenger cabin alongside them, his eyes fixed on his pocket watch, "Mr. Joestar would be proud."

Back on the road again, but would this trip be uneventful for once?
    Cattail Grill! A Taste of Driftwood!

That was written in the brown-green decal lettering on the slim, bullet-shaped thermos Suzie clutched between her pale fingers. The lid had been screwed off, and the bitter, dark French roast steamed into the air. Thirty-five to carry a proper cuppa...might've been fleeced for the memories...

Her slim knees pressed together behind the leather of her boots, and as she took another sip, it was as if the coffee swam behind her eyes and pricked her brain. Yet another all-too narrow cab of another far-too cramped motor vehicle. She'd arrived late, and thus found herself affixed in the middle like a spinster on the park bench. The next leg of their journey had been set...of course, she thought the same hours ago. With the Speedwagon entourage keeping an eye on this, however, Debra and their new host seemed to agree on the destination at least, if not each other.

"I know some people. They'll help us... definitely a lot more than any Joestar would. Going with you would be putting a dam--..." He forcibly paused to keep himself from swearing, "... it'd be like putting a bull's eye on our backs. Now please, just let us be..."
    Still, ever since she and Lucy had left Weathermaker and his family to fend for themselves - they hadn't found Sergeant Starr for that matter, either - his words had stuck in her mind.

The OSS...Joestar...

"...Hironobu-san?" That was the proper title, wasn't it, respectful but at a distance? "Something's been troubling me. You say Johannes Joestar, he predicted all this, like? And he'd be...proud?"

Another short sip passed through her dark lips before she continued.

"It's...it's not exactly a lot of good we've done, innit? On the way in, I mean."

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sandra sighed and crossed one leg over the other. "Alright, alright." She snuffed the cigarette out with the heel of her boot, then flicked it out the window. "Es tut mir leid," she muttered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Vivian sighed heavily, but didn't stop smoking. Instead, it simply faded away until it seemed like she was smoking one of those old-fashioned electronic cigarettes.
    Sitting right between her three newly-minted half sisters, after Suzie's question she fell silent.

Truthfully, she hadn't quite been so affected by the cigarette haze; it had rather reminded her of the chaos backstage on far too many productions with as many primadonnas. Always about 'me', 'mine first,' tittering to-and-fro gibbering lines when they'd been called to the makeup chair ages ago. As well as they knew the part, they hadn't a clue how to look it, that depended on a choice many overlooked others. It used to make her heart sink, knowing they had to be on in a few, feeling their judgment of a certain symmetry they could not quite grasp because, truly, who could see past their own face without the help of another? It always felt so fake when the vanity thawed briefly to thanks.

Still, it'd be hasty to presume the worst of intentions. It'd be best to smooth things along.

Leaning foward, she pressed a finger to a button on the limousine roof, and the sunroof shot open a crack.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sandra noticed how much smoke Vivian was putting out. And she took that personally.

Pulling out one of the several packs she purchased from the old man, she lit one up. "So," she said quietly, "where are you guys from?"
    "Bromley, Kent," she replied to Sandra, before her expression stiffened in silence, as if she'd suddenly realized she'd said something improper.

"Uhm...England, East of London, yeah?"

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Still, ever since she and Lucy had left Weathermaker and his family to fend for themselves - they hadn't found Sergeant Starr for that matter, either - his words had stuck in her mind.

The OSS...Joestar...

"...Hironobu-san?" That was the proper title, wasn't it, respectful but at a distance? "Something's been troubling me. You say Johannes Joestar, he predicted all this, like? And he'd be...proud?"

Another short sip passed through her dark lips before she continued.

"It's...it's not exactly a lot of good we've done, innit? On the way in, I mean."
    "I cannot say if Mr. Joestar had predicted every single action you all have taken," Hironobu replied, "He only relayed the cliff notes up to a certain point. As for his pride, perhaps I said that too loosely."

Pondering a moment, the teenager shifted in his seat before continuing, "Perhaps I should have said that he would have been proud of all of you for enduring everything up to this point. The fact that several of you have awakened your stands already speaks volumes."

OOC: Yun, is that conversation happening in the car or before they headed out?

OOC: Yun, is that conversation happening in the car or before they headed out?
    OOC: My apologies, should have clarified, but it is in the vehicle.