Page 81 of 108 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1610

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Suzie's pale face froze, confounded as much by the escalation nearby as Vivian's rather disjointed disposition. But for the plates of bones littered about the table.

"...just how long have you been asleep...?" she whispered before she started, "wait, no..."

"You haven't done anything but eaten well, it seems, but there's some supernatural happening about in the library," she explained, "Oh, where are the Foundation people?! We'd best get out of here."
    "Fell asleep when I ran out of meat," Vivian muttered, before stretching. "Sounds like nobody listened, though. Fucked around..." she trailed off, to fish a cigarette from spaces unknown, slipping it between her lips and lighting it off the tip of her thumb with practiced ease. "... and found out." She turned to Suzie then, adjusting her hat, before loudly removing herself from the chair. "Supernatural ****'s my forte though... Best be off, mm?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Still lying on the floor, Jinny tried to push herself back with one hand. As she did, she felt her body being lifted up and thrown backward like a swimmer being hit by an ocean wave. As she landed, she watched as the unnamed Stand speared the pool of liquid that was [Genesis]. The attack, however, caused no damage as the fluid flowed around the attack like a torus.

Struggling to her feet, Jinny quickly realized that she needed to snap Jamie out of whatever was influencing her. Or hope that one of the other siblings could find the source of this mind control and stop it there.

She also quickly realized that she was in serious danger. Calling her Stand back to her, Jinny calls out, "Jamie, please wake up. I don't want to fight you and I know you don't want to fight me."
    Jamie turned to where Jinny was standing as her Stand seemed to vanish into nothingness, the madness still in her eyes as she scowled and charged at Jinny. As she reached her, she swung the sword wildly, with her unnamed Stand reappearing and aiming to swipe on of his open hands across Jinny's eyes.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Jamie turned to where Jinny was standing as her Stand seemed to vanish into nothingness, the madness still in her eyes as she scowled and charged at Jinny. As she reached her, she swung the sword wildly, with her unnamed Stand reappearing and aiming to swipe on of his open hands across Jinny's eyes.
    Jinny-and-Genesis.jpg

Even with just one good arm, Jinny was unafraid of Jamie's wild, untrained sword attack. As Jamie brought her sword down towards Jinny, Jinny countered with a fluid movement she had learned from her mother. As her body evaded the swing, her arm wrapped around Jamie's and twisted it in an almost unnatural way, forcing Jamie to either drop the sword or risk having a broken arm.

As Jinny did this, [Genesis] mimicked her moves, grabbing hold of the Unnamed Stand's arm and deflecting it away from Jinny long enough for Jinny to disarm Jamie.

OOC: Way past my bed time. I'll pick this up again tomorrow.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Jinny-and-Genesis.jpg

Even with just one good arm, Jinny was unafraid of Jamie's wild, untrained sword attack. As Jamie brought her sword down towards Jinny, Jinny countered with a fluid movement she had learned from her mother. As her body evaded the swing, her arm wrapped around Jamie's and twisted it in an almost unnatural way, forcing Jamie to either drop the sword or risk having a broken arm.

As Jinny did this, [Genesis] mimicked her moves, grabbing hold of the Unnamed Stand's arm and deflecting it away from Jinny long enough for Jinny to disarm Jamie.

OOC: Way past my bed time. I'll pick this up again tomorrow.
    Jamie snarled as the hold forced her hand to reflexively open and allow the sword to clatter to the ground. As it did so, the Unnamed Stand let out a twisted laugh as its held arm went limp, and began bending and stretching as the Stand reached out and covered Jinny's mouth and chin with its large free hand.

As it pulled its hand away, it let out a mocking 'Shhhh' as the move revealed that the flesh from under her nose to her chin was smooth and unblemished, making it look as if she never had a mouth.

OOC: Goodnight. Let's see how Jinny gets out of this one... Or we can change it if you don't like.
    Last edited by The Dog; 04-13-2021 at 12:30 PM.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    John nodded, and turned to face the downed Boris. Concentrated, he summoned his stand to try an grab the axe from Boris. When his stand grabbed hold of the axe's handle, it seemed to be charged with a strange energy.

"Interesting, my stand seems to have charged the Axe in some manner. Given my stand's appearance, perhaps..."

John noticed the sudden emergence of Jamie's stand, and realized this wouldn't be as easy as simply pairing the two of them off together. Fortunately, he had a theory about his own stand, and if that theory worked out, he'd have a plan in place.

But before that, he needed to secure the Axe.
    Boris gives John a death stare and grips tightly on the battle axes handle, not letting go. For John grabbing the Axe from Boris was easier said than done as Boris has a vice-like grip on the axe.

" Axe too big, need a smaller axe to kill. A smaller axe is more efficient for killing," Boris mumbled.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Boris gives John a death stare and grips tightly on the battle axes handle, not letting go. For John grabbing the Axe from Boris was easier said than done as Boris has a vice-like grip on the axe.

" Axe too big, need a smaller axe to kill. A smaller axe is more efficient for killing," Boris mumbled.
    'Well, I suppose I can test my theory' John thought, before has his stand's free hand move behind Boris. If his theory were correct, then the axe would be magnet attracted to the hand, and when he let go...The blunt end of the axe would smack Boris in the face

Jamie snarled as the hold forced her hand to reflexively open and allow the sword to clatter to the ground. As it did so, the Unnamed Stand let out a twisted laugh as its held arm went limp, and began bending and stretching as the Stand reached out and covered Jinny's mouth and chin with its large free hand.

As it pulled its hand away, it let out a mocking 'Shhhh' as the move revealed that the flesh from under her nose to her chin was smooth and unblemished, making it look as if she never had a mouth.

OOC: Goodnight. Let's see how Jinny gets out of this one... Or we can change it if you don't like.
    OOC: Might as well post this now, seeing as how I might be pulling an all-nighter to get my work finished. Working from home isn't easy.

IC: The sword clattered on the floor, causing Jinny to glance downward. As she looked back up, a dark hand clamps firmly on her face. Jinny's eyes go wide as she tries to pull away, relaxing her grip on Jamie as she does. Once the hand is removed, the shock takes hold. Reaching up to her face, it was clear that this creature, this Stand, somehow managed to remove her mouth. it was a struggle to breathe just through her nose, but at least she still could. She wanted to scream, but could not. Her reaction was to back away in fear, but she only took a few steps before things changed.

As she did, [Genesis] reacted to her emotions, and the world around them began to change and the floor beneath them seemed to fall away.

<edited out>

Then it grew darker, scarier, dizzier, disorientating.

<edited out>

Jinny, unaffected by the landscape, appearing to be walking on air, seemed suddenly calm and focused, focused on Jamie. Jamie, who was closest, would feel the full effects of this. Others would be less affected.

OOC: Orignal artwork by Tami
    OOC2: I need to take down the art work, sorry.
    Last edited by Tami; 04-17-2021 at 09:18 AM.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

The sounds of fighting grew louder the closer Sandra got to the library. Her brow was furrowed, her heart racing, and her palms clammy with sweat at the very idea of yet another fight on their hands. After their near death experience and all that, she just wanted a few hours to catch some sleep, but it seemed that was impossible.

What the hell is going on?

Her answer came when she rounded a corner and saw... Jinny and Jamie fighting, as well as John and Boris. Not just fighting, but at least Boris and Jamie were trying to kill the other two... for reasons. "What the actual hell?"

Were they that hungry for money that they'd try to kill any competition? Sandra sighed heavily. "Hey! What the **** are you four doing?!"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Fell asleep when I ran out of meat," Vivian muttered, before stretching. "Sounds like nobody listened, though. Fucked around..." she trailed off, to fish a cigarette from spaces unknown, slipping it between her lips and lighting it off the tip of her thumb with practiced ease. "... and found out." She turned to Suzie then, adjusting her hat, before loudly removing herself from the chair. "Supernatural ****'s my forte though... Best be off, mm?
    Suzie nodded along as Vivian listed her reasons, though considering the escalation of shouts and clattering down the way, she was taking it in stride. Sleeping through strife, lighting up in an instant - and where was she even keeping those anyway?

With no sign of help on the premises, and Nancy seeming about as equally checked out, Suzie nervously rubbed her arm.

"You don't suppose it was another thing Johannes left lying around do you," she muttered, "Do you think you'd be able to do anything about it?"

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Suzie nodded along as Vivian listed her reasons, though considering the escalation of shouts and clattering down the way, she was taking it in stride. Sleeping through strife, lighting up in an instant - and where was she even keeping those anyway?

With no sign of help on the premises, and Nancy seeming about as equally checked out, Suzie nervously rubbed her arm.

"You don't suppose it was another thing Johannes left lying around do you," she muttered, "Do you think you'd be able to do anything about it?"
    Vivian took a drag on her cigarette, ear turned toward the chaos down the hallway. "Hm..." she paused to flick ashes onto a licked-clean plate. "Nah... to the first. If it was, it'd probably be blocked off by those Zippycart fools." Or... Speedyflagons? She really hadn't been paying attention to them, beyond acknowledging they were there and weren't overtly trying to kill them. "As for number two... maybe. More than likely it's those Ghost Puppies everyone's so eager to get their hands on, guessing one or a few of them managed to wake them up and now they're dealing with the consequences of their own actions." Vivan really had to wonder why she bothered...

"I've half a mind to leave 'em to figure it out, honestly. What do you think? "
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

OOC: Might as well post this now, seeing as how I might be pulling an all-nighter to get my work finished. Working from home isn't easy.

IC: The sword clattered on the floor, causing Jinny to glance downward. As she looked back up, a dark hand clamps firmly on her face. Jinny's eyes go wide as she tries to pull away, relaxing her grip on Jamie as she does. Once the hand is removed, the shock takes hold. Reaching up to her face, it was clear that this creature, this Stand, somehow managed to remove her mouth. it was a struggle to breathe just through her nose, but at least she still could. She wanted to scream, but could not. Her reaction was to back away in fear, but she only took a few steps before things changed.

As she did, [Genesis] reacted to her emotions, and the world around them began to change and the floor beneath them seemed to fall away.

Attachment 108401

Then it grew darker, scarier, dizzier, disorientating.

Attachment 108402

Jinny, unaffected by the landscape, appearing to be walking on air, seemed suddenly calm and focused, focused on Jamie. Jamie, who was closest, would feel the full effects of this. Others would be less affected.

OOC: Orignal artwork by Tami
    Jamie actually paused, Stand vanishing once again as she looked around the strange illusionary world that surrounded her with a hint of fear and anxiety. Al least before her eyes found the mouthless Jinny standing with her in the empty void. With a growl, she moved toward her, footsteps awkward as her visual and textile sensations gave conflicting reports, with her eyes said there was nothing around or under her but the strange void while her feet said there was indeed a solid surface under her.

Arms extended out to help her balance while she awkward walked on what her eyes said she shouldn't be able to, she slowly moved toward Jinny.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "Hey! What the **** are you four doing?!"
    Jamie paused, looking around the void for the source of the new voice. She couldn't see them, and the voice, much like Jinny and Boris, caused the feeling of daggers stabbing into her brain. Her Stand appeared out of her back, looking around like Jamie for the source of the new voice.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    'Well, I suppose I can test my theory' John thought, before has his stand's free hand move behind Boris. If his theory were correct, then the axe would be magnet attracted to the hand, and when he let go...The blunt end of the axe would smack Boris in the face
    The end of the axe smacks Boris in the face, causing Boris to drop the axe on involuntary reaction. Now the reason Boris drop the axe was because of a thing called a startle reflex. When the blunt of the axe him in the face.

This shocked him, trigging his startle reflex.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Jamie actually paused, Stand vanishing once again as she looked around the strange illusionary world that surrounded her with a hint of fear and anxiety. Al least before her eyes found the mouthless Jinny standing with her in the empty void. With a growl, she moved toward her, footsteps awkward as her visual and textile sensations gave conflicting reports, with her eyes said there was nothing around or under her but the strange void while her feet said there was indeed a solid surface under her.

Arms extended out to help her balance while she awkward walked on what her eyes said she shouldn't be able to, she slowly moved toward Jinny.

Jamie paused, looking around the void for the source of the new voice. She couldn't see them, and the voice, much like Jinny and Boris, caused the feeling of daggers stabbing into her brain. Her Stand appeared out of her back, looking around like Jamie for the source of the new voice.
    As Jamie paused, she would find herself lifted up with the sensation that the world itself had distorted and bulged underneath her. Higher and higher, then vanishing, sending her falling as if through the air and crashing down hard onto an unseen solid surface.

As this happened, Jinny seemed to vanish, merging into the painted landscape.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Vivian took a drag on her cigarette, ear turned toward the chaos down the hallway. "Hm..." she paused to flick ashes onto a licked-clean plate. "Nah... to the first. If it was, it'd probably be blocked off by those Zippycart fools." Or... Speedyflagons? She really hadn't been paying attention to them, beyond acknowledging they were there and weren't overtly trying to kill them. "As for number two... maybe. More than likely it's those Ghost Puppies everyone's so eager to get their hands on, guessing one or a few of them managed to wake them up and now they're dealing with the consequences of their own actions." Vivan really had to wonder why she bothered...

"I've half a mind to leave 'em to figure it out, honestly. What do you think? "
    "I'd rather not, frankly the length of these last two days has been far too much," Suzie said. Abruptly,「Jigsaw Feeling」manifest beside her, a subtle demon hovering behind as a second shadow. Awkwardly, she gestured behind her.

"Can...can you see it? The Stand? If not, perhaps it'd be best to stay apart from this...I would be remiss not to do anything, but I don't know if I can..."

As much as paranoia, she was clearly fraught with indecision.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    The sounds of fighting grew louder the closer Sandra got to the library. Her brow was furrowed, her heart racing, and her palms clammy with sweat at the very idea of yet another fight on their hands. After their near death experience and all that, she just wanted a few hours to catch some sleep, but it seemed that was impossible.

What the hell is going on?

Her answer came when she rounded a corner and saw... Jinny and Jamie fighting, as well as John and Boris. Not just fighting, but at least Boris and Jamie were trying to kill the other two... for reasons. "What the actual hell?"

Were they that hungry for money that they'd try to kill any competition? Sandra sighed heavily. "Hey! What the **** are you four doing?!"
    Emerging from the distortion area caused by [Genesis], Sandra could now see Jinny, could now see that something had taken away her mouth. Jinny held out a hand, palm flat, to indicate that Sandra should stop. Unable to talk to her, all Jinny could do was try and warn her of the danger.

Meanwhile, within the distortion area, her Stand was doing its best to keep Jamie off balance, and if possible find a way to knock her unconsciousness.

After making eye contact with Sandra, Jinny then moved her hand over to where John and Boris were having their confrontation, knowing that John was in better shape to answer any questions and that he needed help with Boris, hopefully before he summoned his own Stand. If it was going to ba as crazy deadly as Jamie's, then they were all screwed.

With that, Jinny slipped back into the distortion area, returning back to continue trying to find a way to deal with Jamie before Jamie harms anyone else.

OOC: If Sandra gets any closer, she will get caught up in the effects of the Fumes emitted by Jinny's Stand, and Jamie will be able to see her within the illusion, putting Sandra at risk. She is hoping that Sandra could help John subdue Boris, then the two of them could help her with Jamie.

Hopefully, Sandra gets the message.
    Last edited by Tami; 04-14-2021 at 06:45 AM.