Page 106 of 108 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108 LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 1610
    Extraordinary Member

John remainded Silent for the time being, but summoned his stand, Miracles, in order to defend himself if need be

Boris summons his stand Big Time." I didn't tell Debra what happen behind closed doors. I figured this entire place is wired right for surveillance?" Boris said.

" I mean, a place like this, why wouldn't there be heavy surveillance? So, a place like this must have a surveillance room, right?" Boris said.

"Assassination 101, take into account the security of the place of a target, hide in plain sight, be inconspicuous. The person who targeted Jamie and, me if they are an assassin, would have taken into account the security of this place. They would also be hiding in plain sight," Boris said.

" A garden such as this would a good place for an assassin to hide deadly poisonous plants, like belladonna, otherwise know as deadly nightshade," Boris said.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 06-24-2021 at 03:56 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sandra glanced at Debra over her shoulder, eyes narrowed with suspicion. "Blondie, huh?"

It was interesting that all they had to go on as far as Hironobu was concerned was whatever Debra told them. If there was one thing she learned, it was that there were three sides to every story: one side, the other, and the truth. It seemed that 「Bring Me The Throne」 could pull the truth out of the ether.

"Start talking, Debra," she said as she started for Hoestar's widow. She took one step, then stopped in her tracks. What? What's with this aura? There was something menacing in the air, something that made Sandra nervous and unwilling to move from where she was.

Instead, she hurled her Stand at Debra.
    "Wait! Wai--"

The book smashed into Debra's face, yet in a sight, no one would have expected, the book-like stand had punched a hole into the woman's head. Wobbly hanging out from her skull, the weight of the book began to pull down, and with the sounds of ripping paper, "Debra's" face and head fell forward, tearing a large strip as the book hit the floor.

"Jeez... if only you had used this approach on him," Ripping off the literal paper-thin disguise, Blondie revealed her true self... or perhaps simply another disguise?

Deep Undercover Saboteur, 「BLONDIE」!

"Such a pity, but a loss is a loss... who knew one of you would have a mind-reading Stand?" Remorseless of her deception, Blondie simply shrugged, "Domo let's-... shiiitt!" Surprisingly to all, the towering man had vanished during all of this commotion.

"No honor among thieves."

Well, guess that was that. Vivian wasn't going to get an answer to her question. How... bothersome. The Witch took a drag on her cigarette, and sighed. "Seems to me the Weald's already begun to spread. Of course, could be you're just a bitch to begin with."

But that was fine.

She pointed at「BLONDIE」. "Only one way to fix it." With a snap, and the cigarette in her mouth crumbling away immediately to ash Witchcraft was offered, it's purpose fairly straightforward.

To light the bitch's skirt on fire.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "Wait! Wai--"

The book smashed into Debra's face, yet in a sight, no one would have expected, the book-like stand had punched a hole into the woman's head. Wobbly hanging out from her skull, the weight of the book began to pull down, and with the sounds of ripping paper, "Debra's" face and head fell forward, tearing a large strip as the book hit the floor.

"Jeez... if only you had used this approach on him," Ripping off the literal paper-thin disguise, Blondie revealed her true self... or perhaps simply another disguise?

"Such a pity, but a loss is a loss... who knew one of you would have a mind-reading Stand?" Remorseless of her deception, Blondie simply shrugged, "Domo let's-... shiiitt!" Surprisingly to all, the towering man had vanished during all of this commotion.

Boris stares at Blondie. " Looks like I was right, there was someone one hiding in plain sight, well two people the other's gone now. I don't have a mind-reading stand like my half-sister ( looks over at Sandra), but I'm a former assassin, so I kind of already figure it out." Boris said.

" I know that Hironobu couldn't have been the one to have attack Jamie and me. The guy is too conspicuous. I could point him out in a crowd. You, on the other hand, with that former disguise of yours," Boris said.

" Look just like a plain old lady. A plain old lady wouldn't draw too much attention, and your partner didn't stick out that much either. You and your partner could easily hide in plain sight," Boris said.

( Wait, does Sandra's stand read minds?) Boris thought.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Extraordinary Member

"Wait! Wai--"

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Well, guess that was that. Vivian wasn't going to get an answer to her question. How... bothersome. The Witch took a drag on her cigarette, and sighed. "Seems to me the Weald's already begun to spread. Of course, could be you're just a bitch to begin with."

But that was fine.

She pointed at「BLONDIE」. "Only one way to fix it." With a snap, and the cigarette in her mouth crumbling away immediately to ash Witchcraft was offered, it's purpose fairly straightforward.

John took a more covert action, attempting to sneak behind Blondie while she was focused on Vivian, and use his Stand to give a charge to both of her shoes, turning them into improvised manacles.

"Wait! Wai--"

As the others got ready to attack, Jinny stood back, a frown of frustration and puzzlement on her face. "Hey, Blondie, Johannes talked about Debra with great fondness. Was there ever really a Debra? Or has this whole thing be one giant con job?" She then sighed, "This could get very messy, seeing as you are up against a half dozen Stand Users. Can't wait to see what kind of backdoor you have, if any."

As she spoke, the floor under or around Blondie started to move and shift in colors as [Genesis] made its first move.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

"Wait! Wai--"

"What the hell?"

Despite everything Sandra had seen and been through the last few days, seeing her book rip "Debra's" head in half to reveal that she was actually wearing a disguise somehow still shocked her. As did the fact that "Debra" wasn't actually Debra. Sandra had to admit, Blondie had her fooled. That, she supposed, was the entire point. It wasn't like she had any other experience with the real Debra to compare and contrast the two portrayals.

And that was assuming Debra was even real. Sandra could only assume she was, given how much Hoestar actually spoke of her and to her during the reading.

Sandra recalled 「Bring Me The Throne」 and read what it had to say. "So, you're a deep cover saboteur, huh? Makes sense that you'd try to undermine our trust in Hironobu, then. I'm assuming you're working with OSS or whatever that bullshit is called, right?"

She closed the Stand and lit another cigarette. "Yeah, my stand can read minds. I'm just full of surprises." Including to myself. I guess this book isn't useless after all.
    Last edited by Sub-Zero MKA; 06-24-2021 at 03:16 PM.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    As the others got ready to attack, Jinny stood back, a frown of frustration and puzzlement on her face. "Hey, Blondie, Johannes talked about Debra with great fondness. Was there ever really a Debra? Or has this whole thing be one giant con job?" She then sighed, "This could get very messy, seeing as you are up against a half dozen Stand Users. Can't wait to see what kind of backdoor you have, if any."

As she spoke, the floor under or around Blondie started to move and shift in colors as [Genesis] made its first move.
    Blondie chuckled, "Don't worry about me. Unlike you all, I'm a professional."

At that point, several things occurred, almost instantaneously.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    John took a more covert action, attempting to sneak behind Blondie while she was focused on Vivian, and use his Stand to give a charge to both of her shoes, turning them into improvised manacles.
    Several more ripping sounds came as John's magnetism brought both of her feet together, crumpling what was now another paper-like facade.

But that was fine.

On top of this, Blondie's lower half went up in flames and rather quickly, considering her paper-like form; quickly enough that the threat of the gazebo and/or nearby plantlike catching fire was a good possibility. With only her head remaining unscorched, Blondie gave her farewell.

"It was fun playing house for as long as it did. Catch ya latter, kiddos!" The facade winked before the fire fully consumed it. By this point, several of the house staff had arrived, dousing the flames before they grew too wild.

"Well damn, wasted a cigarette." Vivian grumbled, as she pulled another one out and lit it; eyeing with some annoyance the wait staff as they put out the fire she started. "Should let the garden fucking burn while you're at it, the Weald ruins everything it touches..."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

"Tch. Bitch didn't answer me." Sandra took a drag of her cigarette and released the smoke into the air. "Second time someone we thought we could trust turned out to be a heel." She sighed. "Looks like we can't trust anyone except each other. Fucking great."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Default In the Midnight Hour...

A light supper of hummus and flatbread remained half eaten on the plate, crumbs casting shadows by the light of the desk lamp. After the episode in the garden, Suzie had opted to retire to her room for the evening. Medical tape held a piece of gauze in place on her forehead, but the dull ache kept her from sleeping any different than her usual hours.

If it wouldn't be that, however, it was the discovery of Amon Amarath's...spun roots that night which had proven two things to her. One was that the effects of the Saplings could be stemmed from their path of consumption. The other was the sinking realization that this was entirely in controlled conditions and done by a means that she, nor anyone she knew, had possessed.

...and what were you going to do, poppet, pluck an entire forest by the roots?

And so without that giant of a man going with them, or even someone like Domo or someone in the know like the widow Debra, she'd been spending the late hours groggily thinking over a list of provisions for the trip to come.

1) Compass. Magnetic. True North (?)
    2) Insect repellant. Liquid aerosol application.
    3) Water purification tablets.
    3) Umbrella. Rainproof. Black.
    4) Sunscreen. Zinc-oxide based. SPF 100.

When had it been the last time she'd been outdoors for such a period of time? Probably when she got roped into pacing about Tintern Abbey to find the place Wordsworth composed his lines about the hamelt that used to be there.

Blondie chuckled, "Don't worry about me. Unlike you all, I'm a professional."

At that point, several things occurred, almost instantaneously.

Several more ripping sounds came as John's magnetism brought both of her feet together, crumpling what was now another paper-like facade.

On top of this, Blondie's lower half went up in flames and rather quickly, considering her paper-like form; quickly enough that the threat of the gazebo and/or nearby plantlike catching fire was a good possibility. With only her head remaining unscorched, Blondie gave her farewell.

"It was fun playing house for as long as it did. Catch ya latter, kiddos!" The facade winked before the fire fully consumed it. By this point, several of the house staff had arrived, dousing the flames before they grew too wild.
    It was around this time that a plume of flame shot up over the garden, bright enough in the darkness that it caught her eye from the window.

...oh god, are the OSS back? Is this another Enemy Stand?!

Parting the curtains further, she followed the trail by eye, of staffers running into foliage to fight the fires.

"Tch. Bitch didn't answer me." Sandra took a drag of her cigarette and released the smoke into the air. "Second time someone we thought we could trust turned out to be a heel." She sighed. "Looks like we can't trust anyone except each other. Fucking great."
    "Couple of yous got taken over by something last night, from all the chitter chatter I picked up..." Vivian noted dryly. "I wouldn't even trust us. Especially not after Salem."

Arx Inosaan

"Couple of yous got taken over by something last night, from all the chitter chatter I picked up..." Vivian noted dryly. "I wouldn't even trust us. Especially not after Salem."
    "Good thing we got Sandra's book, then, 'cause I figure we're gonna have to stick together until we see this **** through," Miguel sighed, rubbing his temples at their predicament. "...Maybe we should get everyone from the bus who isn't here?" He suggested. "Figure out where we go from here."

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Good thing we got Sandra's book, then, 'cause I figure we're gonna have to stick together until we see this **** through," Miguel sighed, rubbing his temples at their predicament. "...Maybe we should get everyone from the bus who isn't here?" He suggested. "Figure out where we go from here."
    "A group debrief sounds like a good idea to me. I'm too wound up to sleep right now anyway."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.