Page 53 of 108 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    As she spoke, Jinny's phone rang. Carefully pulling it out from her bag with her right hand without moving her left too much, she noted who was calling and answered the phone.

The phone call was from her friend in New York, Brian.

Before she could say more than two words, he began talking softly yet clearly, obviously not wanting to risk being overheard.

Jinny listened to what he had to say, only acknowledging it with an occasional single word response, and an occasional raising of an eyebrow or slight nod of her head.

After several minutes, they ended the call, Jinny making a promise she couldn't be sure that she could keep to stay safe, a promise that was more for him than for her.

She then hung up the call, and placed the phone back in her bag, thinking over what he said as she did.

" Did your great grandparents believe in something called the Evil Eye? Growing up back in my home country, My mother, granduncle, and pretty much every Ukrainian believed in something called The Evil Eye. My mother and grand uncle told me growing up I should do this and that to protect myself from the Evil Eye. I always wonder growing up if the Evil Eye was actually real, " Boris said.

" But after all the strange stuff that has happen, I'm inclined to believe my mother and granduncle. The Evil Eye might actually exist," Boris said.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 02-21-2021 at 04:34 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " Did your great grandparents believe in something called the Evil Eye? Growing up back in my home country, My mother, granduncle, and pretty much every Ukrainian believed in something called The Evil Eye. My mother and grand uncle told me growing up I should do this and that to protect myself from the Evil Eye. I always wonder growing up if the Evil Eye was actually real, " Boris said.

" But after all the strange stuff that has happen, I'm inclined to believe my mother and granduncle. The Evil Eye might actually exist," Boris said.
    "It's good that you have an extended family. I only met my grandparents once before they passed away, and my mother rarely talked about her family, so I don't have much more to contribute to this." Jinny then looked around, hoping to find a nurse or other hospital staff who isn't so busy that she couldn't talk to them.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

"It's good that you have an extended family. I only met my grandparents once before they passed away, and my mother rarely talked about her family, so I don't have much more to contribute to this." Jinny then looked around, hoping to find a nurse or other hospital staff who isn't so busy that she couldn't talk to them.
    " I won't call my granduncle extended family, more like immediate family. I was raised by my mother and granduncle. Besides me, My granduncle is my mother's only living relative. The rest of her relatives died before I was even born," Boris said.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "As I said, I am Hironobu Higashikata," He began, all the while starting to take off his black gakuen jacket, "17 years old, 175.26 centimeters tall, 65.32 kilograms, my three measurements are 96.52, 78.74, and 96.46 centimeters."

Placing the jacket onto the barstool, he continued with his white button-up shirt," I was born the 14th of May, 0005 P.I. which in the zodiac would make me a Taurus and Horse according to western and Chinese listings respectively," It was around that time he had managed to lower his shirt to the point that the familiar star-shaped mark was visible, although they would find it marred with scars almost as if someone had stabbed him exactly in that spot.

"Ultimately, it is not important that you believe me. As long as you believe Mr. Joestar, you may dislike me all you want."
    Sandra stared blankly as Hironobu started to not only strip his shirt off, but also rattle off several statistics about himself.

Not facts.

Statistics.

The only measurement a man had ever told her was how big his junk was. On the plus side, she knew he was a Taurus. If she was a gullible idiot, that might have meant something. "Oh, well now I trust you completely," she said dryly. He had the same "birthmark", tattoo, or whatever it was as she did. Unless she was remembering wrong, Jamie had the same marking on her back.

"Alright." She noticed the stab wound and grimaced. "I take it someone took exception to that mark?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

" Now, Jinny, why do you think I have an extended family, is it because of the Ukrainian Mafia? Well, just because I was a member of the Ukrainian Mafia doesn't mean I was related to everyone in it. The Only Person I'm related to in the Ukrainian Mafia is my Granduncle, who's a capo," Boris said.

" The rest were my comrades, co-workers, friends, and teachers. From what my Granduncle has told about my mother's family, The Kuvalda Family. They were a Mafia family under Ukrainian Mafia, but something horrible wiped them all out except for him and my mother," Boris said.

" My Granduncle said it was a major gang war and that my mother was really young at the time when it happen, about 2 years old," He called it Ukrainian Mafia Civil War, and The Zaporizhzhia Massacre," Boris said.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 02-23-2021 at 01:29 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Saying, "it took a while" would be an understatement. Jinny would discover, after some time following the waiting room resuming 'business as normal' that she had missed her turn due to investigating Weathermaker.

Unfortunately, she was not going to be able to jump the line.

Debra and Domo would eventually return to the group, the latter sporting several gauzes, bandaids, and bandages over every available patch of skin that was exposed. Although each injury had been small, he had accumulated enough to earn over dozen stitches altogether. When questioned, Debra explained that they had been called into a room when the fire alarm went off, but otherwise, they had been none the wiser when it came to the incident on the second floor.

Eventually, Jinny was seen, her injuries treated although much like Boris, her shoulder was going to have to take time to recover, the limb now held in a sling. Reunited, the group made their way to the Cattail Grill where...

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sandra stared blankly as Hironobu started to not only strip his shirt off, but also rattle off several statistics about himself.

Not facts.

Statistics.

The only measurement a man had ever told her was how big his junk was. On the plus side, she knew he was a Taurus. If she was a gullible idiot, that might have meant something. "Oh, well now I trust you completely," she said dryly. He had the same "birthmark", tattoo, or whatever it was as she did. Unless she was remembering wrong, Jamie had the same marking on her back.

"Alright." She noticed the stab wound and grimaced. "I take it someone took exception to that mark?"
    ...Sandra, Miguel, and Vivian were watching what was clearly a teenage boy disrobing.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Hot breath from a long sigh left her as she faced the door. Peering over to Lucy, she widened her eyes with a strange, spacy smile as she shrugged. At least he's come around a little.

Nevertheless, she had to choose her next words carefully.

"You've heard of Stands, but you can't see them," she said, "besides your admission, I gathered as much since I'd had mine beside me the entire time we'd conversed."

...that's not a question.

"Which means, there's another person in there besides Clutch who can. And Starr, by the way she treated the poor thing, she wasn't after him. Which must mean she was after either you, your wife, or your boy. Had any of you come down with the Fever?"

Suzie let the first question hang for a second as she felt the knots slowly unravel in her stomach, granting her the nerve to proceed to the next.

"And second...well, how did you plan to get out of here?"

She wouldn't want to presume, but ever since they'd arrived in this town, she knew something of how it felt, having to watch over your back for the entire world. That in itself was exhausting enough without being thrust into a world of paranormal activity and spirits that turned one's fancy into reality. It was isolating, but not having anybody who understood, she could hardly think of anything more alienating than that.

"Again, it isn't much, but I...well, I wouldn't feel right about it leaving you behind like this." Goosebumps bristled up the back of her neck, and suddenly she remembered the shiver upon her wrist. "While I don't know much about Johannes Joestar, I do know his widow is well-connected and quite accommodating. If you come with us, maybe Debra can help get you and your family some place safer than here."
    Again, there was only silence, but Suzie eventually heard him reply, "That girl out there knows why that demon was here. I'm not gonna answer that first one and scare my family anymore than they already are just because you don't wanna pry."

A third pause, this one a bit less lengthy, "I know some people. They'll help us... definitely a lot more than any Joestar would. Going with you would be putting a dam--..." He forcibly paused to keep himself from swearing, "... it'd be like putting a bull's eye on our backs. Now please, just let us be..."

Retired Overlord

Again, there was only silence, but Suzie eventually heard him reply, "That girl out there knows why that demon was here. I'm not gonna answer that first one and scare my family anymore than they already are just because you don't wanna pry."

A third pause, this one a bit less lengthy, "I know some people. They'll help us... definitely a lot more than any Joestar would. Going with you would be putting a dam--..." He forcibly paused to keep himself from swearing, "... it'd be like putting a bull's eye on our backs. Now please, just let us be..."
    "....You already have a bullseye on you....how you decide to run won't change that fact now. But my presence will make for a momentary distraction for her....I advise you not to hide too long before you move on." Lucy spoke, back against the nearby wall as she eyed the hallways in either direction carefully. "...and don't consider this help from a Joestar.....I've yet to decide the worth of that name."

After a moment, Lucy turned to the door. ".....I'll not force the matter...just know that I've shared a similar past...I hope you find some peace far away from it."

Lucy placed her hand on the door, then sighed. "......tell me one thing........was it Feelgood?"

...Sandra, Miguel, and Vivian were watching what was clearly a teenage boy disrobing.
    Vivian tilted towards the newcomers.

"You're in luck. Speedywagon is showing us what he does for a living."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "....You already have a bullseye on you....how you decide to run won't change that fact now. But my presence will make for a momentary distraction for her....I advise you not to hide too long before you move on." Lucy spoke, back against the nearby wall as she eyed the hallways in either direction carefully. "...and don't consider this help from a Joestar.....I've yet to decide the worth of that name."

After a moment, Lucy turned to the door. ".....I'll not force the matter...just know that I've shared a similar past...I hope you find some peace far away from it."

Lucy placed her hand on the door, then sighed. "......tell me one thing........was it Feelgood?"
    "Yea..."

Weathermaker said nothing after that, but then again, there was little to say after confirming Lucy's suspicions.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post

Not facts.

Statistics.

"Self-inflicted. In my youth, I was... a little bit mad with everything."

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Vivian tilted towards the newcomers.

"You're in luck. Speedywagon is showing us what he does for a living."
    As the door opened and the rest of the Joestars entered, Hironobu stopped to look at his pocket watch once more, "Ah yes, half an hour late, just as Mr. Joestar predicted," Moving to grab his jacket, the boy paused, his previously monotone features growing sterner, almost as if he were bordering on the thought of anger, "Oh... it's you. Nice to see you made it, Debra."

Throwing his school jacket on, it was only after he was getting close to a proper appearance that he added, "That was sarcasm, by the way."

Debra sighed, "Yes, I'm aware Hironobu. Look, can we drop it until this whole ordeal is over with?"

Consulting his pocket watch once more, the teenager replied, "I will initially make the appearance of doing so... for the sake of Mr. Joestar and his children."

"Yea..."

Weathermaker said nothing after that, but then again, there was little to say after confirming Lucy's suspicions.

"Self-inflicted. In my youth, I was... a little bit mad with everything."

As the door opened and the rest of the Joestars entered, Hironobu stopped to look at his pocket watch once more, "Ah yes, half an hour late, just as Mr. Joestar predicted," Moving to grab his jacket, the boy paused, his previously monotone features growing sterner, almost as if he were bordering on the thought of anger, "Oh... it's you. Nice to see you made it, Debra."

Throwing his school jacket on, it was only after he was getting close to a proper appearance that he added, "That was sarcasm, by the way."

Debra sighed, "Yes, I'm aware Hironobu. Look, can we drop it until this whole ordeal is over with?"

Consulting his pocket watch once more, the teenager replied, "I will initially make the appearance of doing so... for the sake of Mr. Joestar and his children."
    Jamie blinked as she watched the interaction between her "stepmother" and this strange teen who seemed to be in the midst of stripping before they entered and was apparently named Hironobu.

Swallowing the nervousness and many questions she had for the teen, Jamie gave the best "glad to meet you" smile she could and said "He-hello, my name is Jamie Valentine. It's a pleasure to meet you."
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Saying, "it took a while" would be an understatement. Jinny would discover, after some time following the waiting room resuming 'business as normal' that she had missed her turn due to investigating Weathermaker.

Unfortunately, she was not going to be able to jump the line.

Debra and Domo would eventually return to the group, the latter sporting several gauzes, bandaids, and bandages over every available patch of skin that was exposed. Although each injury had been small, he had accumulated enough to earn over dozen stitches altogether. When questioned, Debra explained that they had been called into a room when the fire alarm went off, but otherwise, they had been none the wiser when it came to the incident on the second floor.

Eventually, Jinny was seen, her injuries treated although much like Boris, her shoulder was going to have to take time to recover, the limb now held in a sling. Reunited, the group made their way to the Cattail Grill where...

Tired and hungry, Jinny ignored the others and went over to a person who looked like he was an employee at the Cattail Grill, "Excuse me, do you work here? I don't think I'll be able to stay long, but if you have anything you can make quick, take out preferably, I would be more than grateful."

Tired and hungry, Jinny ignored the others and went over to a person who looked like he was an employee at the Cattail Grill, "Excuse me, do you work here? I don't think I'll be able to stay long, but if you have anything you can make quick, take out preferably, I would be more than grateful."
    "I don't do "anything"," The barkeep replied, grateful for a distraction from those four, "Also don't do take out. Either be specific and eat here or don't eat "anything"."

"I don't do "anything"," The barkeep replied, grateful for a distraction from those four, "Also don't do take out. Either be specific and eat here or don't eat "anything"."
    After a moment of considering the situation, she simply smiled tiredly at the barkeep, "That's okay, thank you anyway. Sorry to bother you." With that, she went over to a chair to sit and rest while waiting for the others to arrive and for everyone to get moving again.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Jamie blinked as she watched the interaction between her "stepmother" and this strange teen who seemed to be in the midst of stripping before they entered and was apparently named Hironobu.

Swallowing the nervousness and many questions she had for the teen, Jamie gave the best "glad to meet you" smile she could and said "He-hello, my name is Jamie Valentine. It's a pleasure to meet you."
    "Hm? Oh, yes, I know you..." He did not know her, as evident by his suspicious peek at his cell phone, "Jamie Valentine, 25 years old, the same age as Miss Sandra and only a few years younger than Miss Vivian and Mister Miguel."

After a moment of considering the situation, she simply smiled tiredly at the barkeep, "That's okay, thank you anyway. Sorry to bother you." With that, she went over to a chair to sit and rest while waiting for the others to arrive and for everyone to get moving again.
    "Suit yourself..."