Page 88 of 108 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1610

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    "Indeed. I felt the garden was a good place to clear my head after last night. And maybe begin training with and learning more about Holy Diver... Though that's mostly because I think it best he not interact with the others more than necessary, considering the personality he seems to possess." Jamie replied with a small blush on her face.
    "Well, if you need any help, I'll be out here a while longer clearing my own mind. I had assumed that Genesis was fairly harmless, that she was more defense, until," Jinny's voice became a little quieter, "last night." Her voice went back to normal, "I have no idea why they exist, or what purpose they serve, or what I'm going to do once I get back home."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

" Hey, has anyone here heard of a man named Nikola Sagan Kuvalda?" Boris asked as he searches around.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "The egg?" Vivian asked, knowing full well that's what was being asked about. "Taunts me, mostly." She tapped her cigarette out over the egg before taking a sip of her coffee. "Near as I can tell, it simply shows itself from time to time, to remind me of my failures." That it would persist, no matter how hard she attempted to forget it... excise it. "I'd not rely on it for anything, anyway. Ghost Puppies are dangerous, like a caged bear." No matter how well trained, how skilled the handler; one bad day was all it took.
    Suzie blinked stiffly, her face still but her eyes flitting from Vivian to the little egg in turn for a moment before she sighed and took in a touch more coffee.

"To be honest, I'm of much of the same mind pertaining to Stands," she said, "the unfortunate thing is, they seem to persist, nonetheless."

Just as easily as a flinch,「Jigsaw Feeling」seemed to resonate with the slightest impulses of involuntary half-thoughts, giving frightful manifestation in response to notions she would rather keep down.

"Almost like suddenly sprouting an extra limb, yeah? Even if you don't want it, it'll still twitch on reflex. But drawn into all this mess, just another thing outside of our control."

Talk about her... sisters... job was interesting at least, so finished with what exposition she cared to offer, Vivian flitted on.

"Not much TV up in the Weald;" she replied after another quick sip. "Nature provides a lot of things... Electricity ain't one of them." Whatever a Romero or a BBC was may have been out of her purview, but the way Suzie talked was something to key in on for sure. "Seems like a lot of work though, getting the effects you want. Bit of this, comprehension of that, understanding what works with what," it did help she was making paint with her pastry... "Understand that, at least. Seems like fun."
    Suzie smiled faintly, even as the remains of her breakfast sloughed off into a thing resembling necrotic flesh.

"Well more or less. But leaving an impression, that's the thing, innit? What's most important to one set of eyes appears starkly, whilst the reality of it can be underwhelming to someone else. Sometimes to make it, you have to fake it."

And wasn't that ever a precarious thing? Who was to say the face you present matched with a view of the person beneath it? Thankfully, we are rather lacking for a certain kind of diva hereabouts...

When Vivian mention the Weald, Suzie pursed her lips.

"Oh! So home's someplace about the Salem Impact Zone?"

The way her wandering attention seemed to prick up when Debra mentioned the garden transplants the other day, well in hindsight it was now obvious, really.

"I've only seen it in pictures and film logs. Only been about twenty years, but the span of the trees look much like the old-growths," she said, "vines and crawlers, I can only begin to imagine what it's like to live out there, as if nature pulled everything back into the earth, like?"

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Well, if you need any help, I'll be out here a while longer clearing my own mind. I had assumed that Genesis was fairly harmless, that she was more defense, until," Jinny's voice became a little quieter, "last night." Her voice went back to normal, "I have no idea why they exist, or what purpose they serve, or what I'm going to do once I get back home."
    "I appreciate the offer, Jinny. And to be honest, I wonder about that too, likely moreso because my Stand seems to have a mind of his own and seems to be rather... caustic in personality." Jamie responded.

She then smiled and continued "Though considering he seems to have some healing abilities if last night was any indication, then perhaps I can get him to help in when I go back to work at the hospital." Her smile fell as she added "If I can get him to be less... him."
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

"I appreciate the offer, Jinny. And to be honest, I wonder about that too, likely moreso because my Stand seems to have a mind of his own and seems to be rather... caustic in personality." Jamie responded.

She then smiled and continued "Though considering he seems to have some healing abilities if last night was any indication, then perhaps I can get him to help in when I go back to work at the hospital." Her smile fell as she added "If I can get him to be less... him."
    "Well, from what I understand, the only people who would actually hear him talk would be other stand users. The question then becomes, how rare or how common rare stand users? If it's rare enough, you might leave here, return to the hospital, and the only one who will see or hear him will be you. Of course," Jinny took a brief pause, pursing her lips slightly in an expression halfway between a smirk and a worried sigh before continuing, "there is the risk that others will catch you talking to himself and think you are talking to yourself, which could cause you problems."

"Well, from what I understand, the only people who would actually hear him talk would be other stand users. The question then becomes, how rare or how common rare stand users? If it's rare enough, you might leave here, return to the hospital, and the only one who will see or hear him will be you. Of course," Jinny took a brief pause, pursing her lips slightly in an expression halfway between a smirk and a worried sigh before continuing, "there is the risk that others will catch you talking to himself and think you are talking to yourself, which could cause you problems."
    In order to speak with Jamie, Jinny had her back to the bench she previously sat upon. While she was talking, [Genesis] apparently had, for some reason, taken that seat and was silently watching the two of them. In her humanoid forms, she appeared relaxed, leaning back on the bench, legs crossed in an imitation of the way Jinny had been sitting there just a short time before.

"I did not think about people not being able to see or hear him, which will definitely be a major plus, all things considered." Jamie admitted, her blush darkening slightly in embarrassment at not remembering that despite the fight from just yesterday with a Stand, which she couldn't see or hear at the time.

"Though you have a point in that I'll have to remember to be careful when and where I talk to Holy Diver, else everyone will think I'm weird." Jamie agreed. As she talked Holy Diver crawled up to rest on her shoulder, looking at Jinny.

"Oh, there's the bitch who left Jamie to potentially lay in bed forever out of fear and anxiety regarding being mind-controlled to hurt others! How you been doing since this morning? Abandoning someone else who needed your emotional support?" Holy Diver said with a sarcastically cheerful wave.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

"I did not think about people not being able to see or hear him, which will definitely be a major plus, all things considered." Jamie admitted, her blush darkening slightly in embarrassment at not remembering that despite the fight from just yesterday with a Stand, which she couldn't see or hear at the time.

"Though you have a point in that I'll have to remember to be careful when and where I talk to Holy Diver, else everyone will think I'm weird." Jamie agreed. As she talked Holy Diver crawled up to rest on her shoulder, looking at Jinny.

"Oh, there's the bitch who left Jamie to potentially lay in bed forever out of fear and anxiety regarding being mind-controlled to hurt others! How you been doing since this morning? Abandoning someone else who needed your emotional support?" Holy Diver said with a sarcastically cheerful wave.
    Behind Jinny, Genesis uncrossed her legs and sat upright on the bench at the sight of Holy Diver.

Jinny spoke to Jamie, "Is this how you feel? You do know I was waiting for you outside your door and would have gone back in to check on you if you didn't show up."

She then addressed the little Stand, "Jamie is an adult. We talked, I did what I could, but the final decision had to be hers."

Behind Jinny, Genesis uncrossed her legs and sat upright on the bench at the sight of Holy Diver.

Jinny spoke to Jamie, "Is this how you feel? You do know I was waiting for you outside your door and would have gone back in to check on you if you didn't show up."

She then addressed the little Stand, "Jamie is an adult. We talked, I did what I could, but the final decision had to be hers."
    Jamie blinked, broken out of her shock at what Holy Diver said to Jinny, and said "What?! No! Of course not! Holy Diver just seems have a mind of his own and says what he wants... in exceptionally vulgar and rude ways."

Holy Diver tilted his head as he retorted "Yeah. And her decision would have been to lay in bed like a useless lump. I had to basically annoy her to leave that bed and actually live her life!"

"Please be nice, Holy Diver. She's my sister, and I would like it if you were nice to her." Jamie said, causing the Stand to roll his eyes and somehow give Jinny the finger despite his mitten-like hands.

"That is not what I meant. If you can't be nice, then you can go back to... wherever you go." Jamie replied, and Holy Diver scoffed and returned to whence he came.

Turning to Jinny, Jamie bowed her head and said "I'm very sorry about him Jinny."
    - C.S. Lewis

Jamie blinked, broken out of her shock at what Holy Diver said to Jinny, and said "What?! No! Of course not! Holy Diver just seems have a mind of his own and says what he wants... in exceptionally vulgar and rude ways."

Holy Diver tilted his head as he retorted "Yeah. And her decision would have been to lay in bed like a useless lump. I had to basically annoy her to leave that bed and actually live her life!"

"Please be nice, Holy Diver. She's my sister, and I would like it if you were nice to her." Jamie said, causing the Stand to roll his eyes and somehow give Jinny the finger despite his mitten-like hands.

"That is not what I meant. If you can't be nice, then you can go back to... wherever you go." Jamie replied, and Holy Diver scoffed and returned to whence he came.

Turning to Jinny, Jamie bowed her head and said "I'm very sorry about him Jinny."
    Letting out the small breath she had been holding in, Jinny took a moment before speaking, "Look, I understand that Holy Diver is unique, but he is still a part of you. How much a part, I wasn't sure. I'm not sure any of us really know how connected we are to them." As Jinny spoke, Genesis melted away, flowing off of the bench and vanishing.

"If you can forgive me for playing amateur psychologist, it's possible that he sensed indecision on your part. Perhaps that is why he felt it necessary to push you harder into making a decision. I'm glad you made the right one. It's a scary world out there, and I suspect it's about to get a whole lot scarier. If you ever find yourself confronted by another Stand user, one who is out for blood, and I hope and pray that doesn't happen again, but if it does you are going to have to face your fear and be able to react quickly. You won't have the luxury of hiding in a bedroom."

Jinny then smiled gently, "Come on, let's walk a bit, enjoy the garden while we can. I suspect that the will reading will be happening soon."

Retired Overlord

Letting out the small breath she had been holding in, Jinny took a moment before speaking, "Look, I understand that Holy Diver is unique, but he is still a part of you. How much a part, I wasn't sure. I'm not sure any of us really know how connected we are to them." As Jinny spoke, Genesis melted away, flowing off of the bench and vanishing.

"If you can forgive me for playing amateur psychologist, it's possible that he sensed indecision on your part. Perhaps that is why he felt it necessary to push you harder into making a decision. I'm glad you made the right one. It's a scary world out there, and I suspect it's about to get a whole lot scarier. If you ever find yourself confronted by another Stand user, one who is out for blood, and I hope and pray that doesn't happen again, but if it does you are going to have to face your fear and be able to react quickly. You won't have the luxury of hiding in a bedroom."

Jinny then smiled gently, "Come on, let's walk a bit, enjoy the garden while we can. I suspect that the will reading will be happening soon."
    "So its true then is it?"

A soft but stern voice asked abruptly from the side as Lucy emerged from some hedges, not so much as a rustle of the grass betraying her presence. Though she gave Jinny a quiet glance of aknowledgment her true stare was fixed on...

"Jamie right? I heard what happened last night from one of the others..." The solider seemed to hesitate a moment. ".....I'm sorry that I couldn't have been there to help you. I was unaware at the time....I allowed a moment of peace to dull my..." Lucy snapped herself out a dull stare. ".....No matter. More importantly....you have a ghost now....."

Lucy closed her eyes and sighed. "....another one.....and this young..."

Another shake of the head. "...Forgive me....I wanted to see how you were doing but I was too late to your room."

Boris continues to search around. ( Maybe I should look for one of those whatchamacallits. What are they called again?) Boris thought.

( A person who organizes and maintains information on subjects. What's that type of person again? a Researcher, whatchamacallit?) Boris said.

( Some type of Librarian who does research? Oh, yeah, that's it, an Research Librarian!) Boris thought.

" Hey, is anyone here a Research Librarian," Boris shouted.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "So its true then is it?"

A soft but stern voice asked abruptly from the side as Lucy emerged from some hedges, not so much as a rustle of the grass betraying her presence. Though she gave Jinny a quiet glance of aknowledgment her true stare was fixed on...

"Jamie right? I heard what happened last night from one of the others..." The solider seemed to hesitate a moment. ".....I'm sorry that I couldn't have been there to help you. I was unaware at the time....I allowed a moment of peace to dull my..." Lucy snapped herself out a dull stare. ".....No matter. More importantly....you have a ghost now....."

Lucy closed her eyes and sighed. "....another one.....and this young..."

Another shake of the head. "...Forgive me....I wanted to see how you were doing but I was too late to your room."
    Startled at first by Lucy's voice, Jinny quickly realized that she was addressing Jamie so she just nodded once to acknowledge her then quietly stood aside, allowing Jamie to respond.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Suzie blinked stiffly, her face still but her eyes flitting from Vivian to the little egg in turn for a moment before she sighed and took in a touch more coffee.

"To be honest, I'm of much of the same mind pertaining to Stands," she said, "the unfortunate thing is, they seem to persist, nonetheless."

Just as easily as a flinch,「Jigsaw Feeling」seemed to resonate with the slightest impulses of involuntary half-thoughts, giving frightful manifestation in response to notions she would rather keep down.

"Almost like suddenly sprouting an extra limb, yeah? Even if you don't want it, it'll still twitch on reflex. But drawn into all this mess, just another thing outside of our control."
    "An extra limb for some... I've sprouted the equivalent of a pet rock." A pet rock that remained despite all she'd done to remove it...

Vivian sighed, and shuffled off to get more coffee.

Suzie smiled faintly, even as the remains of her breakfast sloughed off into a thing resembling necrotic flesh.

"Well more or less. But leaving an impression, that's the thing, innit? What's most important to one set of eyes appears starkly, whilst the reality of it can be underwhelming to someone else. Sometimes to make it, you have to fake it."

And wasn't that ever a precarious thing? Who was to say the face you present matched with a view of the person beneath it? Thankfully, we are rather lacking for a certain kind of diva hereabouts...
    Vivian considered this for a moment before cackling. "Got a point there... appearances are important." Returning to the table she gently set her coffee down before producing a hard-boiled egg from spaces unknown that was rather meticulously dismantled.

... One could dream.

When Vivian mention the Weald, Suzie pursed her lips.

"Oh! So home's someplace about the Salem Impact Zone?"

The way her wandering attention seemed to prick up when Debra mentioned the garden transplants the other day, well in hindsight it was now obvious, really.

"I've only seen it in pictures and film logs. Only been about twenty years, but the span of the trees look much like the old-growths," she said, "vines and crawlers, I can only begin to imagine what it's like to live out there, as if nature pulled everything back into the earth, like?"
    "Thereabouts. Broken Creek or... summat. Hard to know for sure, once you're out of Salem proper." Harder to know when Salem ended, deeply as those roots had spread in so short a time.

"Nature reclaimed what mankind spoiled, so they say. Way I see it, that's only half true. Mankind spoiled, sure... but there's a difference between reclamation, and... expansion." Damn dirty trees. Meteor got into the roots and gave them strange notions.

"Weald provides, though. So long as you're careful. As many stories of the Weald granting boons, as there are of the vines' reclaiming' flesh and bone."

Trees had to eat too, mm? Carrion made for fine fertilizer.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

The day was uneventful, or at least it was up to the eventful part; most of the guests just lounged around and conversed. To be fair, after yesterday, one could not blame them for not wanting to get any further into shenanigans.

Soon enough, morning gave way to noon and with the conclusion of lunch, they were ushered towards one room in particular. Most of them hadn't seen this room, but its size indicated it was used for meetings. Nearest to those entering a room was a group of chairs in which they were to sit and before them was a large table with numerous pairings of a large file folder and a sealed envelope on top. Beyond that was another table, this one circular, that house the seats of the Speedwagon Foundation board members, all of which were currently seated save for Hironobu.

Most of those the group had met were in attendance, plus a few more unfamiliar faces, but it appeared they were all here for the same thing.