A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

Default Rumblers League Round 5: Siriel vs The MunchKing

Here we go!

Voting and debate rules:

- To avoid mass unreadable debate, each participant is allowed 8 posts to make their argument in their matches.
    - Each match is open for discussion for 72 hours.
    - Once all match discussions are over, vote threads will be posted on Thursday with polls (we have special dispensation from the board to allow polls). These will last for two days.

Team Siriel
    Sylar(9) w/Ambrosia(9), Time Stone (9)
    Eli(5) w/Vest of Coriscan Brothers(7)
    Emma Frost(5) w/MITRE Headset(9)
    Barbas(6) w/Reality Stone(9)
    Paige Halliwell(4)'w/Book of Shadows,(6) Blood of Charmed Ones(7), Phoenix Charm(6)
    Captain Marvel (10) w/ Absorbtion of Godspeed Tachyons (9), Magnetos Helmet (5)
    Charlie(6) w/ Power Tripling Potion(9), Centipede Serum(5), Terrigenisis Upgrade: Daisy(5)

Team MunchKing
    Sun Wukong (The Monkey King Trilogy) 10
    Darth Vader (Star Wars) 5 w/ Xilien Mothership w/ Monsters (Godzilla: Final Wars) 10
    Rita Repulsa (MMPR) 7 w/ Sentinel (X-Men: DoFP) 7, Box of Gavrok (Buffyverse) 7
    Tommy Oliver (Power Rangers) 4, Radioactive Spider Bite (Raimi Spider-Man Trilogy) 6, Captain America's Vibranium Shield (MCU) 2
    Basilisk (Harry Potter) 9 w/ Enlarged by Rita Repulsa's Wand (Power Rangers) 8
    Magneto (X-Men Movies: Young) 8 w/ Star Blade (Smallville) 9, Real World Gun of Choice (Real World) 1, Emotional Duplication (Misfits) 10
    T-800 (Terminator Movies) 2 w/ Plastic Gun w/ Mutant Cure Darts (X-Men: The Last Stand) 3, Pistol with Adamantium Bullets (X-Men Movies) 4, Darkest Timeline Paintball Gun (Community) 5
    Godzilla (2000) 9 w/ House Party Protocol Iron Man Armours (MCU) 9, J.A.R.V.I.S. (MCU) 2
    And with that the rest of the Domino's will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Siriel's Stratagy

The MunchKING opted to go for a team that avoided the big League metas of superspeed and telepathy, and in acknowledgment to that I'll try to play along and go for a more... cinematic approach. So while I'm still going to use those tools there'll be no shutting down the entire team at once or blitzing everyone.

Not your planet, Vader.

Captain Marvel, who enjoys a considerable speed advantage over anyone else in this battle, will start the fight looking up and seeing the very noticeable alien mothership flying in the sky, launch herself toward it. While the ship has a shield that can handle attacks that are relevant to Kaijus, this is nothing compared to an incredibly powerful brick accelerating to speeds vastly faster than light. She should break right through it.

Of course it's a massive ship, so even that impact might not be enough to bring it down, that's why Carol will turn around after punching through it and bring it crashing down toward the enemy team.

King Kong's revenge

Emma is pretty much unopposed on the telepathic field in this match. As such her first act will be to command the Basilisk to close its eyes, removing that particular death trap from play as swiftly as possible and informing my team of that fact (eveonry will generally avoid looking toward the enemy team until they get this signal). Its simplistic mind should be very easy for her to dominate in an instant.

This done she'll have it perceive Godzilla as an enemy before focusing all of her psychic might on Wukong to control him to do the same, exploiting the natural animosity that exists between anything that can grow giant and Godzilla. (Okay maybe I made that natural animosity part up, it's just telepathy.)

Armageddon

We're facing quite literally big guns, so it's time to break out our own. Last time I used Charlie to pinpoint targets, this time we're going all-out.

The Centipede Serum amplified Quake's powers to the point that she went from shaking buildings to punting Graviton into space. Charlie has that and a power tripler multiplying her already town-threatening pyrokinesis into the big leagues. Charlie will unleash hell, incinerating everything in front of my team. Once Emma gives her the signal that it's okay to look, she can start being more focused about her attack and release shockwaves at anyone who tries to push through the fire.

This will have three effects: First anything not incredibly resilient to heat will quite thoroughly vanish, secondly it'll obscure my team from the enemy's sight, and thirdly it'll make anyone trying to stomp over to us get punted back.

Witch to Witch

We happen to have two magic users here in Paige and Rita, and I've thought of an appropriately comedic way to deal with Rita. Paige will start by teleporting herself and Emma either behind Hogwarts or further into the Forbidden Forest, depending on which side of the map we're on. This should remove them from the first line of attacks.

Once she's at that relatively safe distance Paige will cast the Instant Karma spell, one of the first that she ever cast, on Rita. This spell causes the target to suffer payback for everything evil that they've done by having it turned on them. And since Rita keeps sending giant monsters to stomp around and is currently in a team full of giant monsters... Well, I think we can all guess what'll happen to her here.

(Note that while this particular spell was initially intended to be used on demons, Paige already demonstrated that she can just change that word of the incantation and it'll work even on normal humans.)

Of Gods and Mutants

Sylar's role is simple this time; he's on the defense against any shenanigans from Magneto. With the Time Stone to counter any large-scale magnetism attempts and his own improved physical stats and power to counter a straightforward charge with the Starblade, he should be well-equipped to delay him at first.

Defense of the Clones

Okay I won't lie, Eli is kind of mismatched against giant monsters. But you know who would struggle to get through spawning clones? Tommy and the Terminator for ones.

Eli's role is to be a last line of defense if the smaller members of the enemy team manage to make it past Charlie's onslaught, his army of clones meeting them to delay them and intercept their attack. Now, facing down an army of mooks is what Tommy does for a living pretty much, but it should still effectively halt them in their tracks even if they appropriately watch out for the Vest.

Your Greatest Fear...

Barbas' powers will be focused on Magneto this time, drawing out and materializing his greatest fear - a world without mutants, using the Reality Stone to turn him into an ordinary, powerless human.

Probably taken out in the first wave of attacks: Vader (goes down with his ship), Rita (crushed by an appropriately large monster), the Basilisk (Presumably slain by Godzilla), Wukong (under Emma's thrall), anyone without incredible heat resistance (Roasted by Charlie), Magneto (depowered by Barbas).

The Second Phase

After crashing the enemy ship, Marvel will come down to engage Magneto if he and/or his clones managed to withstand the first attempt to take them down. Between her incredible speed advantage and the stat disparity between her and early Smallville Clark, he'd be hard-pressed to deal with her. If he went down, she'll disarm the Terminator of his worst timeline gun (thus taking out the only real remaining way she could be taken out of this fight) before beating the opposition - Wukongs first, if they're not under Emma's control somehow.

Emma will continue to wield her psychic might to turn our opponents' giant monsters against them, starting with the likely quite powerful monster created from Carol crashing the ship, while Paige will fall back on protector duty after proving herself the superior witch and focus on teleporting Emma out of danger if required.
    Charlie will continue to ramp up her onslaught - it's worth remembering that unlike most characters, her powers become greater the longer she keeps them active, so even being able to endure her attack at first is no guarantee of safety.
    Barbas will start turning our enemies into inanimate statues with the Reality Stone if it comes down to that, starting with Wukong - which granted probably isn't his greatest fear, but is suitably ironic for mythological reasons.

Added note: If an unexpected big attack were to cross the distance between us near the start of the fight, Paige will teleport herself and Emma further away, while Barbas and Sylar will do the same for themselves before starting to get about their work.
    If Emma's signal never comes for whatever reason, my team will take the sound of Charlie setting everything on fire as the signal that the basilisk's been dealt with, since the poor thing has no known defenses to being roasted.
    And with that the rest of the Domino's will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

The MunchKing Stratagy

Kaiju for Life-u

Time for Monkeying Around
    Sun Wukong (The Monkey King Trilogy) 10

Have You seen my New TIE?:
    Darth Vader (Star Wars) 5
    -- Xilien Mothership w/ Monsters (Godzilla: Final Wars) 10

Rita Their Rights!:
    Rita Repulsa (MMPR) 7
    --Sentinel(X-Men: DoFP) 7
    -- Box of Gavrok (Buffyverse) 7

It's So Evil Being Green
    Tommy Oliver (Power Rangers) 4
    -- Radioactive Spider Bite (Raimi Spider-Man Trilogy) 6
    -- Captain America's Vibranium Shield (MCU) 2

All Serpents Great and Small
    Basilisk (Harry Potter) 9
    -- Enlarged by Rita Repulsa's Wand (Power Rangers) 8

Master of Mortars
    Magneto (X-Men Movies: Young) 8
    -- Star Blade(Smallville) 9
    -- Real World Gun of Choice (Real World) 1
    -- Emotional Duplication (Misfits) 10

Termination of ALL Life Forms
    T-800 (Terminator Movies) 2
    -- Plastic Gun w/ Mutant CureDarts (X-Men: The Last Stand) 3
    -- Pistol with Adamantium Bullets (X-Men Movies) 4
    -- Darkest Timeline Paintball Gun(Community) 5

Ain't No Party Like a Godzilla Party!
    Godzilla(2000) 9
    -- House Party Protocol Iron Man Armours[(MCU) 9
    — J.A.R.V.I.S. (MCU) 2

Vs.

Team Substitute

Sylar (Heroes) 7 Ambrosia (Xena: Warrior Princess) 9, Time Stone (MCU) 9

Eli (Heroes) 5 Vest of the Corsican Brothers (Warehouse 13) 7

Emma Frost (X-Men Movies) 5[ MITRE Headset (Doctor Who) 9

Barbas (Charmed) 6[Reality Stone (MCU) 9

Paige Halliwell (Charmed) 4Book of Shadow (Charmed) 6, Blood of Charmed Ones (Charmed) 7, Phoenix Charm (Warehouse 13) 6

Captain Marvel (MCU) 10, Absorption of Godspeed Tachyons (Flash) 9, Magneto’s Psychic Resistant Helmet (X-Men Movies: Young) 5

Charlie (Firestarter) 6 Power Tripling Potion (Charmed) 9, Centipede Serum (MCU) 5, Terrigenesis upgrade, Daisy (MCU) 5

Because Team positions list “inside Hogwarts” first and “With Voledemort” second, I’m assuming the first listed team (mine) starts in Hogwarts, and the second listed one (Siriel’s) starts with Voledemort.

Now for some backstory. On the way to the match, Magneto had been thinking about this Voledemort character. A Racist, classist, elitist, who killed people and allow his followers to torture them for just being ‘the wrong kind of people’. He’d dealt with people like that before. The more he thought about it, the more obvious the Nazi parallels became, and the more his blood boiled. His powers activated and Nazi-Hating Magneto joined the party.

Then he got to the battle site and he saw the castle’s defenders. A few adults, but mostly children set up to be hunted and killed for the sole crime of daring to resist the Evil Nazi wizards. He fell a feeling whelming up inside him that he usually had only felt for the oppressed mutants of his world, the urge to protect them. He would save these children keep them from suffering as he and his people had at the hands of racists and fascists. They would know what it was like to have the Master of Magnetism on their side, and they would survive. His powers flared again. Benevolent Protector Magneto has joined the party!

Then… The shields drop. The enemy spells will start shelling the castle. It’s Time For Battle!!

BP Magneto grabs a bunch of metal from around Hogwarts, and puts up a forcefield like he did in Apocalypse. The metal starts jumping in front of the spells raining down on the battlefield.

The Xilen mothership, being 1 kilometer diameter of tech and monsters starts failing under the heavy magical interference. Darth Vader does the wise thing and tries to jettison the monster on his enemies before evacuating the ship.

However, NH Magneto sees this big ball of metal falling out of the sky and he comes up with a brilliant idea. He brings it over as it’s crashing so it crashes onto his his enemies and squashes them under all that metal. While that SHOULD kill everyone on Siriel’s team, even those that find it hard to die, like a Xenaverse god ought to find it impossible to move under all those kilotons of metal. Also since it’s not a direct attack, just gravity dropping a whole lot of metal on the battlefield, the Corsican Bros Vest shouldn’t transfer the damage to NH magneto or anything.

A stray bombardment shot from the Death eaters hits Godzilla, who responds by nuking the whole cliffside the other team starts on with his Atomic Breath. This too should melt a good amount of their team, but with a greater chance of backlash from the vest. Then he stomps on over there to make sure whoever DARED to strike the King of Monsters is good and dead.
    The Basilisk, recognizing his homeland, goes back to the woods, looking at all the stuff along the way. As a side effect this should rout all the Potterverse giant spiders, as they hated and feared the Basilisk above all else, and now it’s back and Giant Size. However since it’s going and looking at the enemy team, and spraying its poison all over them, that should kill them. Also I’ll point out in the book the Basilisk was still deadly five years later, so even if the vest does a revenge kill, the basilisk can still rack up a post-humous kill count,

The OG Magneto can give the Palak to Sun Wukong, thus granting him the one thing he needs to beat Captain Marvel in a 1 v 1. Speed. With his shadow clones and shapeshifting the now Superman speed Sun Wukong should easily baffle her for long enough to land a decisive blow,.

When it comes to Barbas, do you know who else can teleport, has a magic suit that lets him hit people he couldn’t normally and has no fear (Partially because he’s a massive Gary Stu, and partially because Rita removed that part of his brain when she brainwashed him)? That’s right, The Green Ranger! Tommy can warp around the battlefield chasing Barbas down until he can land a blow with the ranger’s magical weapons. He was pretty good at stealing and smashing up the Power Rangers’ stuff, so he’ll try to grab the Reality Stone as soon as there’s an opening. Also he can sense stuff with not only his PR Protag powers, but the spider powers. So he should have a good idea of where he needs to go to catch dude. Also I will point out that most of my teams fears are big Cosmic Entities that if they show up will wreck havoc on everyone not just my team.

Rita doesn’t particularly care about saving Hogwarts, but she knows better than to mess with Magneto when he’s in one of these moods. She’ll just use her powers to make the Gavorok box a monster, and make it grow. Then she can teleport it off to crush. Those puny Power Rangers! I mean Team Substitute. Specifically we’ll start with Charlie, as it takes a LOT of firepower to drop a PR monster, much less 50 billion of them.

Emma could be REALLY obnoxious if she manages to evade the area attacks, Fortunately I believe the Miter helmet is tech, and I happen to have some tech that was shown to work well around magic. Iron Man’s various suits worked just fine around Dr Strange without any sort of error. So they grab T-800s timeline crossing Paintball gun and go light up Emma Frost. In the event that doesn’t work I will point out that Magneto about ripped her diamond form head off the time they fought in Russia, and Emma can’t use her telepathy while she’s diamond form. So, OG Magneto can grab some of the metal lying around and break Emma. His helmet stops her telepathy, and if she’s not in diamond form, she’s not that tough, so she’ll be even easier for him to kill.

I’’ll point out that all my dudes are experienced fighters, and once the situation inevitably changes, they can move on from one plan to the next, taking out all targets to the best of their abilities.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Drizzle View Post
    Not your planet, Vader.

Captain Marvel, who enjoys a considerable speed advantage over anyone else in this battle, will start the fight looking up and seeing the very noticeable alien mothership flying in the sky, launch herself toward it. While the ship has a shield that can handle attacks that are relevant to Kaijus, this is nothing compared to an incredibly powerful brick accelerating to speeds vastly faster than light. She should break right through it.
    She goes up as the ship goes DOWN. Sounds like a "Squish" to me.

Emma is pretty much unopposed on the telepathic field in this match. As such her first act will be to command the Basilisk to close its eyes, removing that particular death trap from play as swiftly as possible and informing my team of that fact (eveonry will generally avoid looking toward the enemy team until they get this signal). Its simplistic mind should be very easy for her to dominate in an instant.

This done she'll have it perceive Godzilla as an enemy before focusing all of her psychic might on Wukong to control him to do the same, exploiting the natural animosity that exists between anything that can grow giant and Godzilla. (Okay maybe I made that natural animosity part up, it's just telepathy.)
    While that's funny, Magneto about ripped her head off even when she was in diamond form. If she hadn't been in diamond form, that would have popped her head right off. According to the wiki diamond form also shut down her telepathy.

Also Counterpoint: Jet Jaguar.

. Charlie will unleash hell, incinerating everything in front of my team. Once Emma gives her the signal that it's okay to look, she can start being more focused about her attack and release shockwaves at anyone who tries to push through the fire.
    Good thing I went for the orbital drop and blast followed by the teleport-behind and overwhelm strat on that guy. That sounds like an inconvenient amount of firepower to deal with.

Once she's at that relatively safe distance Paige will cast the Instant Karma spell, one of the first that she ever cast, on Rita.

(Note that while this particular spell was initially intended to be used on demons, Paige already demonstrated that she can just change that word of the incantation and it'll work even on normal humans.)
    Ah, but she's an alien-spellcaster type person. Yeah, Ok that's probably not relevant.

Is the spell some kind of ray or beam, or something BP Magneto could block with a piece of metal?

Okay I won't lie, Eli is kind of mismatched against giant monsters. But you know who would struggle to get through spawning clones? Tommy and the Terminator for ones.
    Are you kidding? Tommy could have pressure pointed them all out WITHOUT any powerups. WITH spider-powers he would be dancing through them unphasable. Also he can teleport. He did it all the time.

Your Greatest Fear...

Barbas' powers will be focused on Magneto this time, drawing out and materializing his greatest fear - a world without mutants, using the Reality Stone to turn him into an ordinary, powerless human.
    Really? I would have thought it was something like "Nazis coming in with Mutant-proof tech and killing everyone". Or maybe more generally "everyone I care about dying".

Added note: If an unexpected big attack were to cross the distance between us near the start of the fight, Paige will teleport herself and Emma further away, while Barbas and Sylar will do the same for themselves before starting to get about their work.
    Well, Godzilla nuke-beaming everything SHOULD be an entirely predicted big attack.

Dropping the Mothership on you, less so.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

If anyone else has questions, feel free to ask. For everyone else, some theme music for Magneto squishing all my opponents under a big metal ball.

Giving my first impression here, without having looked at MunchKING's own reply.

BP Magneto grabs a bunch of metal from around Hogwarts, and puts up a forcefield like he did in Apocalypse. The metal starts jumping in front of the spells raining down on the battlefield.
    Did he keep his Apocalypse power-up? I haven't watched Dark Phoenix.

The Xilen mothership, being 1 kilometer diameter of tech and monsters starts failing under the heavy magical interference. Darth Vader does the wise thing and tries to jettison the monster on his enemies before evacuating the ship.

However, NH Magneto sees this big ball of metal falling out of the sky and he comes up with a brilliant idea. He brings it over as it’s crashing so it crashes onto his his enemies and squashes them under all that metal. While that SHOULD kill everyone on Siriel’s team, even those that find it hard to die, like a Xenaverse god ought to find it impossible to move under all those kilotons of metal. Also since it’s not a direct attack, just gravity dropping a whole lot of metal on the battlefield, the Corsican Bros Vest shouldn’t transfer the damage to NH magneto or anything.
    Wouldn't the magnetic shield put up by another Magneto interfere with his powers? That aside, I'd back Carol in a pushing contest against Magneto where it comes to determining where the ship falls.

But let's say it did fall, most of my team would still be alright. Everyone except Danvers, Eli and Charlie would teleport out. Carol would of course be just fine (being on the other side of the ship) and Charlie would just melt through the parts that would fall on her.

Burying Sylar would in-theory keep him down for a considerable amount of time (but not kill him; Xena gods have been crushed under sizeable debris for long periods of time and come out of it more angry than anything else), but not if he just avoids it.

It would be hard to miss an utterly gigantic ship falling from the sky, and it won't be falling at superspeed so I think it's obvious that my team would be able to react to it.

The Basilisk, recognizing his homeland, goes back to the woods, looking at all the stuff along the way. As a side effect this should rout all the Potterverse giant spiders, as they hated and feared the Basilisk above all else, and now it’s back and Giant Size. However since it’s going and looking at the enemy team, and spraying its poison all over them, that should kill them. Also I’ll point out in the book the Basilisk was still deadly five years later, so even if the vest does a revenge kill, the basilisk can still rack up a post-humous kill count,
    I don't think the vest would do much against a giant monster (it has no demonstrated ability to scale up damage), but the basilisk won't be doing any of this since it's busy attacking Godzilla thanks to Emma.

The OG Magneto can give the Palak to Sun Wukong, thus granting him the one thing he needs to beat Captain Marvel in a 1 v 1. Speed. With his shadow clones and shapeshifting the now Superman speed Sun Wukong should easily baffle her for long enough to land a decisive blow,.
    I feel the need to point out that the Star Blade only gave speed comparable to early Clark, not his Superman self. Thought this is good for me, the stronger Wukong is, the stronger Emma's pawn.

Rita doesn’t particularly care about saving Hogwarts, but she knows better than to mess with Magneto when he’s in one of these moods. She’ll just use her powers to make the Gavorok box a monster, and make it grow. Then she can teleport it off to crush. Those puny Power Rangers! I mean Team Substitute. Specifically we’ll start with Charlie, as it takes a LOT of firepower to drop a PR monster, much less 50 billion of them.
    Rita will fortunately be karma'd, so her own giant monsters will turn against her here.

Emma could be REALLY obnoxious if she manages to evade the area attacks, Fortunately I believe the Miter helmet is tech, and I happen to have some tech that was shown to work well around magic. Iron Man’s various suits worked just fine around Dr Strange without any sort of error. So they grab T-800s timeline crossing Paintball gun and go light up Emma Frost. In the event that doesn’t work I will point out that Magneto about ripped her diamond form head off the time they fought in Russia, and Emma can’t use her telepathy while she’s diamond form. So, OG Magneto can grab some of the metal lying around and break Emma. His helmet stops her telepathy, and if she’s not in diamond form, she’s not that tough, so she’ll be even easier for him to kill.
    I feel Emma is reliably screened by my team against this, espeically taken into account that Magneto has no real way to find her, but yes - Magneto is quite protected against Emma. That's why she doesn't go after him, while Sylar is deployed to occupy him.

Overall, I definitely lose Eli, might eventually lose Barbas to Tommy finding him in the chaos, and possibly lose Charlie to something due to her being relatively unprotected. But the most crucial members of my team are still up and aren't properly addressed I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    She goes up as the ship goes DOWN. Sounds like a "Squish" to me.
    Come now, we both know who wins between a cool superhero flying with a lightning trail and an alien spaceship.

While that's funny, Magneto about ripped her head off even when she was in diamond form. If she hadn't been in diamond form, that would have popped her head right off. According to the wiki diamond form also shut down her telepathy.
    While these are true facts, Magneto doesn't get to have Emma stuck on a bed with metal around her neck this time. Instead he has to find her in a chaotic field while attacked by Sylar and while she's protected by a teleporter.

Good thing I went for the orbital drop and blast followed by the teleport-behind and overwhelm strat on that guy. That sounds like an inconvenient amount of firepower to deal with.
    It is, Charlie is pretty ridiculous at this point. I think how things go with her largely depends on who people think the ship fall on; if the ship falls on her she should be able to just melt and blast away the part that would actually hit her, but cutting off her line of sight by getting her in the massive wreckage will effectively neutralize her for a while until she melts her way out.

Is the spell some kind of ray or beam, or something BP Magneto could block with a piece of metal?
    She didn't have line of sight of her victim at the time so no beam. The scene cuts away as she casts it, but that kind of curse in Charmed typically just affects the target without some form of projectile.

Are you kidding? Tommy could have pressure pointed them all out WITHOUT any powerups. WITH spider-powers he would be dancing through them unphasable. Also he can teleport. He did it all the time.
    Hey now I said struggle, not lose. He would if nothing else have to let them do their silly martial arts pose and then wait as they attack him one or two at a time!

(Honestly I just wanted Eli to feel included, this was a bad match-up to use him effectively.)

Really? I would have thought it was something like "Nazis coming in with Mutant-proof tech and killing everyone". Or maybe more generally "everyone I care about dying".
    Barbas tends to go for more personal fears rather than massive scenarios, since those take less budget -I mean are less taxing on his mighty magical powers.

Dropping the Mothership on you, less so.
    The fact that we both tried to do that is a bit amusing. I think either of our team would see it coming down though, it's a bit hard not to.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Did he keep his Apocalypse power-up? I haven't watched Dark Phoenix.
    I never saw anything that said he lost it, so I'm assuming YES.

Wouldn't the magnetic shield put up by another Magneto interfere with his powers? That aside, I'd back Carol in a pushing contest against Magneto where it comes to determining where the ship falls.
    If she was pushing rather than trying to lightspeed concuss herself maybe.

But let's say it did fall, most of my team would still be alright. Everyone except Danvers, Eli and Charlie would teleport out. Carol would of course be just fine (being on the other side of the ship) and Charlie would just melt through the parts that would fall on her.
    SO encased in MOLTEN metal instead. Not especially more survivable.

Burying Sylar would in-theory keep him down for a considerable amount of time (but not kill him; Xena gods have been crushed under sizeable debris for long periods of time and come out of it more angry than anything else), but not if he just avoids it.
    Well yeah but that's long enough to get the KO.

I don't think the vest would do much against a giant monster (it has no demonstrated ability to scale up damage), but the basilisk won't be doing any of this since it's busy attacking Godzilla thanks to Emma.
    There is a lot of metal hear for Magneto to pop off her head.

Come now, we both know who wins between a cool superhero flying with a lightning trail and an alien spaceship.
    If she can't get the speed up to punch through, it would be the sphere. If she does, she might get through the decks before the ship squishes her inside in a now solid-mass ball.

While these are true facts, Magneto doesn't get to have Emma stuck on a bed with metal around her neck this time.
    Well he didn't START that way in the movie. He and Prof X body checked her into it. And it's not like there's a shortage of metal around for him to grab.

It is, Charlie is pretty ridiculous at this point. I think how things go with her largely depends on who people think the ship fall on; if the ship falls on her she should be able to just melt and blast away the part that would actually hit her, but cutting off her line of sight by getting her in the massive wreckage will effectively neutralize her for a while until she melts her way out.
    Wait did she have feats of standing in molten metal and actually bing fine with that?

She didn't have line of sight of her victim at the time so no beam. The scene cuts away as she casts it, but that kind of curse in Charmed typically just affects the target without some form of projectile.
    Well my other question at this point is range, since the basic strat seems to indicate your casting it from deep in the Forbidden Forest.

Barbas tends to go for more personal fears rather than massive scenarios, since those take less budget -I mean are less taxing on his mighty magical powers.
    Hm...

Definitely have to go with the "Green ranger warps up and clocks him" part of my strat, while he's working up trying to stop Magneto.

The fact that we both tried to do that is a bit amusing. I think either of our team would see it coming down though, it's a bit hard not to.
    Yeah I'm a bit surprised we both went for it on this stage.