Page 105 of 108 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108 LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 1610

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    "Do we know whether Hironobu has a stand? Or, perhaps more importantly, has he ever denied processing a stand?"
    "I'm pretty sure he did mention that he had a stand of his own."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Vivian had remained largely silent after she'd come to her realization, grappling with the fact that what she'd been made to do... endure, in the SIZ had been avoidable; were it not for the fact that her father- their father- had wanted it to happen. But secondary to this, a thought that stirred slowly, almost grudgingly. Something that would gnaw at Vivian for as long as she mulled it over, unless she vomited it out.

"No one is wholly... benevolent. Learned that a long time ago, mm? Heh. You're telling this to us all, for a reason." Vivian almost seemed pained to say it, but say it she did.

"So what's this one want, hmm?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    After handing the book over, Suzie returned to the task, that being following the striated, corded bark root through the perennial greenery. Her dark lips parted and her face cringed with a grimace as she lifted the runner vine, for her Stand had unearthed it forcefully to the point where it had ripped a small trench in the landscaping.

"Eh? What a strange thing to have a book that large without a word," she replied, rubbing her forehead. Under her frayed bangs she felt something slick she couldn't seem to brush away. But when Sandra began to skim over it again, things started to piece themselves together. "...oh, bother, hadn't occurred to me. if it'd been any old thing, it would've passed through as easily as「Jigsaw Feeling」did the overgrowth. Seems your Stand is a book that writes itself, innit?"

And from what Sandra was reading out, her Stand was quite the apt transcriber.

"...by the sound of it, that's too good for a guess," Suzie continued as she followed the path of the unearthed vine, "But following up on what Vivian told me, about the SIZ and the Weald and the way the plantlife provides for the inhabitants, I'd remembered what Debra said about the garden, like?"

She made her way further into the garden, pulling hand over hand. The knotted runner was as thick and heavy as stage cable and it seemed just as endless.

"Um, anyways, according to the notes I found in his study Johannes transplanted the seedlings to provide for this space, doing years' worth of work in days...only it worked far too well. The growth was more untamed than this, if you can believe it, and he mentioned if it weren't for a man named Amon Amrath arresting the growth, it'd likely have taken over."

Following the line, Suzie crouched, a shadow momentarily disappearing into the darkness as she checked the hedging before popping back up again.

"He had some way to stop the spread of it. Being that we're headed to Salem and all, I figured, maybe out here there'd be some hint in here to keep from getting snatched up from burrowing roots, yeah?"
    Eventually, she would find it; the discrepancy in nature, or perhaps, the correction of unnatural life?

At the very base of the vine, Suzie would notice that it was twisted and its roots burrowed into the earth in a spiral pattern. It was difficult to say just what this twist had done, save for a surface guess such as limiting the flow of nutrients. Further inspection of other plantlife would show the same results of a twisted base and spiral roots.

"A midnight rendezvous, Debra? How pitifully cliche."

Domo turned, the bodyguard's muscles tensing in preparation for what was to come.

Following the source of the voice, all of them would notice the approach of Hironobu as he entered the garden. Taking a look at his pocket watch, the boy pushed it back his pocket before glancing to them, "I think you've had enough time to poison the well, Debra... or perhaps I should call you B-"

"Were you the one who wrote this?!" Debra asked, cutting him off as she held aloft the threatening letter, her eyes wild and seeking.

"Rude... but I think we both know who made that," Sighing, Hironobu turned back to the rest of them, "I trust none of you told her what was said behind closed doors?"

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post

Domo turned, the bodyguard's muscles tensing in preparation for what was to come.

Following the source of the voice, all of them would notice the approach of Hironobu as he entered the garden. Taking a look at his pocket watch, the boy pushed it back his pocket before glancing to them, "I think you've had enough time to poison the well, Debra... or perhaps I should call you B-"

"Were you the one who wrote this?!" Debra asked, cutting him off as she held aloft the threatening letter, her eyes wild and seeking.

"Rude... but I think we both know who made that," Sighing, Hironobu turned back to the rest of them, "I trust none of you told her what was said behind closed doors?"
    Sandra had noticed the tension between Debra and Hironobu since the two first shared a room with her the day before. Back then, she just assumed he was a simp for Hoestar. She still thought that, but it was gradually being supplanted by something more sinister.

Only one way to find out for sure.

"Some of us aren't stupid," Sandra said as she approached him. "You owe us some answers." Here we go. This stupid thing had better do its part. She reached out and suddenly gripped his shoulder. "About Avalon." In her free hand, 「Bring Me The Throne」 appeared in her hand, closed.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sandra had noticed the tension between Debra and Hironobu since the two first shared a room with her the day before. Back then, she just assumed he was a simp for Hoestar. She still thought that, but it was gradually being supplanted by something more sinister.

Only one way to find out for sure.

"Some of us aren't stupid," Sandra said as she approached him. "You owe us some answers." Here we go. This stupid thing had better do its part. She reached out and suddenly gripped his shoulder. "About Avalon." In her free hand, 「Bring Me The Throne」 appeared in her hand, closed.
    "She gave you that story, huh? Project Avalon or whatever, right?"

Surprisingly, he didn't resist her harsh grip, nor the fact she was using her stand on him. "Wait, what is she doing?" Debra asked, still on the gazebo, body quickly tensing.

Sandra's book would open on its own, writing appearing at a quick pace as she received her answer,

Project Avalon

According to intel gathered from the Speedwagon Foundation, Project Avalon is the culmination of the research the O.S.S. has been gathering from the RIZ meteorite zone, along with the "Snake Pit" project headed by Doctor Feelgood.

It is currently unknown what the end result of Project Avalon is to be, only that it requires the same meteor fragments the Speedwagon Foundation needs and that certain members of the O.S.S. have begun to exert a religious-like fervor in its completion.

Surprisingly, Hironobu didn't try to bat Sandra's hand away when she reached out to touch him. That was a good sign, she supposed. Even better, or worse, was his lack of reaction to the appearance of her Stand.

"Yeah, she did." 「Bring Me The Throne」 opened on its own to a blank page right after the words recorded from Suzie. Words materialized on the blank page, appearing as if written by an invisible pen. She swallowed and waited with bated breath until it was done.

"Project Avalon," she said as she read it aloud. "According to intel gathered from the Speedwagon Foundation, Project Avalon is the culmination of the research the O.S.S. has been gathering from the RIZ meteorite zone, along with the "Snake Pit" project headed by Doctor Feelgood.

"It is currently unknown what the end result of Project Avalon is to be, only that it requires the same meteor fragments the Speedwagon Foundation needs and that certain members of the O.S.S. have begun to exert a religious-like fervor in its completion."

She looked at the book, her Stand. She didn't know how it did what it did or where it got the information from. From Hironobu? If so, then how?

She looked up from the book to him. "I'm assuming that's the extent of what all you know about Avalon."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"Hit Debora with the Book," Vivian said. Seeming to intuitpick up on what it was capable of, quick enough. "Maybe then she'll answer the fucking question."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Surprisingly, Hironobu didn't try to bat Sandra's hand away when she reached out to touch him. That was a good sign, she supposed. Even better, or worse, was his lack of reaction to the appearance of her Stand.

"Yeah, she did." 「Bring Me The Throne」 opened on its own to a blank page right after the words recorded from Suzie. Words materialized on the blank page, appearing as if written by an invisible pen. She swallowed and waited with bated breath until it was done.

"Project Avalon," she said as she read it aloud. "According to intel gathered from the Speedwagon Foundation, Project Avalon is the culmination of the research the O.S.S. has been gathering from the RIZ meteorite zone, along with the "Snake Pit" project headed by Doctor Feelgood.

"It is currently unknown what the end result of Project Avalon is to be, only that it requires the same meteor fragments the Speedwagon Foundation needs and that certain members of the O.S.S. have begun to exert a religious-like fervor in its completion."

She looked at the book, her Stand. She didn't know how it did what it did or where it got the information from. From Hironobu? If so, then how?

She looked up from the book to him. "I'm assuming that's the extent of what all you know about Avalon."
    "Correct. Although I think I might know someone who knows a lot more."

Pointing forth, Hironobu smirked as his index guided Sandra's gaze to Debra.

"Isn't that right, Debra... or should I say, Blondie?"

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Hit Debora with the Book," Vivian said. Seeming to intuitpick up on what it was capable of, quick enough. "Maybe then she'll answer the fucking question."

Sandra glanced at Debra over her shoulder, eyes narrowed with suspicion. "Blondie, huh?"

It was interesting that all they had to go on as far as Hironobu was concerned was whatever Debra told them. If there was one thing she learned, it was that there were three sides to every story: one side, the other, and the truth. It seemed that 「Bring Me The Throne」 could pull the truth out of the ether.

"Start talking, Debra," she said as she started for Hoestar's widow. She took one step, then stopped in her tracks. What? What's with this aura? There was something menacing in the air, something that made Sandra nervous and unwilling to move from where she was.

Instead, she hurled her Stand at Debra.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Jinny tensed up as she felt this new aura. Sandra was on to something, and something has just reacted. Was it coming from Debra, Blondie?? Domo? Hironobu? Or someone else?

Nearby she could sense [Genesis], staying hidden.
    Last edited by Tami; 06-23-2021 at 06:54 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

"She gave you that story, huh? Project Avalon or whatever, right?"

Surprisingly, he didn't resist her harsh grip, nor the fact she was using her stand on him. "Wait, what is she doing?" Debra asked, still on the gazebo, body quickly tensing.

Sandra's book would open on its own, writing appearing at a quick pace as she received her answer,
    Hinorobu arrived and escalation, ensued, of course. He began pointing accusations at Debra and Sandra summoned her stand in response. If anyone told him yesterday Sandra with a book would lead them to the truth he would've laughed them out of the mansion.

But it seemed to have a useful ability attached to it...

「ALL CAPS」appeared in this instant, motioning slightly towards Sarada. Miguel hadn't put much thought into his own stand ever since he'd first seen it at the diner. It was an odd sight to behold, still but....he watched as another word floated towards the strange figure beside him and for once he was finally starting to make sense of this stand business.

"Is that how it works? Huh."

It was that eerie feeling again, like they'd all felt on the bus. Heart rate increasing, he furrowed his brow as they all awaited answers.

"Miguel use your thief hands to steal some answers!" Vivian shouted as she... nonchalantly lit a cigarette.

Arx Inosaan

Jamie stepped away from both Debra... Blondie... whoever this woman was and Hironobu, eyes wide as the menacing aura fell upon her shoulders like a thick, suffocating blanket. As she turned her attention from one to the other, the small figure of climbed atop her head, his own strange eyes taking them both in as well.

"Now would be a damn good time to unlock all that power I had last night, Jamie."

"I-I don't know how, Holy Diver."

"Ter-fucking-rific. Then I suggest you prepare yourself to run, because I think **** is about to go down."
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Default 8:30 pm: the mid-dinner hour

Eventually, she would find it; the discrepancy in nature, or perhaps, the correction of unnatural life?

At the very base of the vine, Suzie would notice that it was twisted and its roots burrowed into the earth in a spiral pattern. It was difficult to say just what this twist had done, save for a surface guess such as limiting the flow of nutrients. Further inspection of other plantlife would show the same results of a twisted base and spiral roots.
    Following the winding lead of that woody vine, Suzie drift along there with Sandra, her pale fingers knitting its length as she seemed to find an answer. There at the at distal end, intertwined at the very base of the shrubbery she found some evidence that what Johannes wrote had indeed happened.

The dark had rapidly been closing in. Flicking open her pocket camera, Suzie began to burn through its remaining battery with its flash on video to get a source of illumination.

"There. Look at that!" she said, "According to the journal, Amon Amrath used a skill to set things right. Johannes called it「The Spin」."

Studying the vine, it remained burrowed in the ground...and fed into everything else surrounding it in a pattern of twisted earth.

"If this used to be one of the Salem Seedlings, by all indications it's still set and hadn't died, in spite of everything," Suzie continued, "but at the base of it all, that spiral..."

The power of the true spiral untwisting the enchanted coils' hold on nature.

This gave her pause, enough to notice the netted nylon of her gloves had been stained red from her forehead. The closer they came to an answer, the stranger and more bizarre things were turning out to be.

"Viv'd mentioned the Weald provided sustenance, but by the looks of it whatever it touches changes permanently," she sighed, "If we're going to be in the thick of it, it looks like we'll be on our own, because I'm still not sure what happened here."

Standing back to her feet, Suzie suddenly felt her knees grow jellylike. A thin layer of blood stuck to her forehead; strangely, this didn't disturb her as much as the strangely controlled geometry of the spirals that filled the garden.