Page 103 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 1610

Default 8:30 pm: the mid-dinner hour

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "What the actual ****?!" Sandra bellowed as the... the creature made itself known. It was something out of the most horrendous, terrifying nightmare imaginable. There was no conceivable way something like it could exist; and yet, there it was, staring at her with a pair of soulless eyes.

Sandra trembled out of fright like a newborn lamb. "Stay away!" She reached into her jacket and pulled out one of her bowie knives. At the same time, she hurled the book at the creature with all her might.
    The long, black fingers reached out from the phantom shade into the darkness, and as Sandra started backwards it seemed to descend, its glowing, yellow eyes seeming to be the only light under the twisted vines and roots of Debra's garden. The air trembled thick, a gutteral, basso growl rippling across its fanged trench as the shape sprawled forward, kicking up dust around it, and a section of the cobblestone path shift and ripped up around it.

Then Sandra's book flew out, striking the creature dead on the forehead.

"HHRRK~!"

It leaned back for a moment with the momentum of the flying tome, then faded out in an instant, letting it fall to the ground. With a sharp cry like an injured bird, a silhouette came tumbling behind and through the hedge to the left of the chrysanthemum rows.

"--bloody hell what hit me...?"

Suzie held one hand to her face, trying in vain to blot away the dizzying flash from behind her eyes, feeling around blinding on the ground as if searching for something she'd lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Midnight comes, and for some, this would be the arrival of some much-needed answers.

Whether one waited or headed out at the last moment, all would eventually find themselves at the largest gazebo in the garden although it looked more like a giant bush at this point considering the amount of ivy and kudzu that gripped at the structure. Within it sat a nervous Debra, clutching at the envelope she had been given earlier in the day, and Domo, who stoically took watch for any unwanted participants.
    "Debra...Domo," Miguel nodded in greeting, taking off his headphones as he arrived. "Something you wanted to let us in on?"

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Debra...Domo," Miguel nodded in greeting, taking off his headphones as he arrived. "Something you wanted to let us in on?"
    "I tried to spread the word, but not many showed for dinner, and I hadn't seen anyone else until now." Jinny glanced around at those that did show up so far, "I'm not sure how many got the word about this meeting or how long we should wait."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "I tried to spread the word, but not many showed for dinner, and I hadn't seen anyone else until now." Jinny glanced around at those that did show up so far, "I'm not sure how many got the word about this meeting or how long we should wait."
    "If this is that urgent, I don't think it should wait," Miguel replied. "We'll just have to inform the others, the first chance we get."

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

"Get on with it," Sandra grumbled irritably. "...fucking assholes..."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Default Past

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    The long, black fingers reached out from the phantom shade into the darkness, and as Sandra started backwards it seemed to descend, its glowing, yellow eyes seeming to be the only light under the twisted vines and roots of Debra's garden. The air trembled thick, a gutteral, basso growl rippling across its fanged trench as the shape sprawled forward, kicking up dust around it, and a section of the cobblestone path shift and ripped up around it.

Then Sandra's book flew out, striking the creature dead on the forehead.

"HHRRK~!"

It leaned back for a moment with the momentum of the flying tome, then faded out in an instant, letting it fall to the ground. With a sharp cry like an injured bird, a silhouette came tumbling behind and through the hedge to the left of the chrysanthemum rows.

"--bloody hell what hit me...?"

Suzie held one hand to her face, trying in vain to blot away the dizzying flash from behind her eyes, feeling around blinding on the ground as if searching for something she'd lost.
    The very human shriek that followed Sandra pegging the creature thing dead in the forehead gave her pause. Though, she didn't relent until she heard the voice that followed that shriek. The name escaped her - if she had indeed heard it before - but she knew that it belonged to that pale, ghostly woman. "You," she said as realization dawned on her.

While she could have apologized for what ultimately was a very extreme case of mistaken identity, **** that. "What the **** are you doing skulking around in the dark like a creep? I could have stabbed you!" Light from the pale moon above glinted off the blade of the bowie knife as she was putting it away. Through the darkness, she noticed Suzie - that was her name - looking for something on the ground. What it was, it had better have been important to justify giving Sandra a horrific fright with that fucking weird "Stand".
    Last edited by Sub-Zero MKA; 06-19-2021 at 03:05 PM.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Default 8:30 pm: the mid-dinner hour

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    The very human shriek that followed Sandra pegging the creature thing dead in the forehead gave her pause. Though, she didn't relent until she heard the voice that followed that shriek. The name escaped her - if she had indeed heard it before - but she knew that it belonged to that pale, ghostly woman. "You," she said as realization dawned on her.

While she could have apologized for what ultimately was a very extreme case of mistaken identity, **** that. "What the **** are you doing skulking around in the dark like a creep? I could have stabbed you!" Light from the pale moon above glinted off the blade of the bowie knife as she was putting it away. Through the darkness, she noticed Suzie - that was her name - looking for something on the ground. What it was, it had better have been important to justify giving Sandra a horrific fright with that fucking weird "Stand".
    The flashing before and between her eyes bloomed bright, with an intensity directly opposite to this darkness in this starry hour. Much like the old negatives shot on film, it was disorienting and incomprehensible to Suzie.

With a small groan, she shook her head. Pollen and bits of small white petals flew off the ends of her hair as she found a seat on the ground to reorient herself from.

"...eh? Skulking? Whatever do you mean-" Eventually when her head stopped spinning she found her would-be assailant. Sandra very much was holding a rather large knife, and that dried up her tongue right quick.

"Ah...hah...um...no need for the shiv," she stammered, "Oh, what I meant to say is, well, I'd thought I was alone, like? And considering we're on the way to Salem and all, I'd remembered Debra mentioning the transplants, yeah? And..."

Then she remembered. The runner vine. Reaching over she picked up the uprooted tether that ran through all the plantlife in common, intertwining its length all around. From her hand, down the chrysanthemum bush into the path, upon examining it for a moment Suzie became really quiet. Evidently, it had been uprooted from her Stand plucking on it. Dusting herself off, wobbly she stood to her feet, and as she went, she picked up the Book that laid there in the foliage.

"Um...Sandra, right? Wouldn't want to assume, but this is this yours, yeah?" She asked "...bit dark now for a book I guess, so you must've been here reading for some time."

God, what time is it now?

"Anyway, sorry for disturbing you, it was so quiet here I hadn't realized anyone else was here, I guess. But I think there might be some clue into the way the SIZ plants work, you know?"

"I'm not going to ask what was discussed behind those doors," Debra began, repeating what she had said earlier that day, "That is between you and your father but... if it is what I think it is, then I think Hironobu and your father are hiding something from you. I think it might be why the security has been nonexistent; how those men on the bus managed to find our location, and how last night happened, all of it." Her grip on the envelope tightened, threatening to crumple the paper within.

"When your father was working on his last work concerning the Night Fever, he came across something... strange. 「Avalon」, you heard that word, right? It occasionally pops up in the news when someone who survived Night Fever goes insane, they keep screaming that word. Johannes took great interest in why this word came up. I don't know what he found out, but I heard snippets of conversations between Hironobu and him. Something about the hidden potential of humanity and the 「Stand」 and the need for a great sacrifice. That was when I learned about you, all of you. Johannes had never told me he had kids, but he began to speak a lot about you all and your potentials. After that, he started to distance himself from me... I think he found out I had been eavesdropping. I..."

She trailed off in thought for a moment, "It doesn't matter. What matters is that I believe Hironobu is using Johannes' death as an excuse to continue 「Project Avalon」 and is manipulating you for only his benefit."
    Last edited by Yun Lao; 06-22-2021 at 01:14 PM.

"I'm not going to ask what was discussed behind those doors," Debra began, repeating what she had said earlier that day, "That is between you and your father but... if it is what I think it is, then I think Hironobu and your father are hiding something from you. I think it might be why the security has been nonexistent; how those men on the bus managed to find our location, and how last night happened, all of it." Her grip on the envelope tightened, threatening to crumple the paper within.

"When your father was working on his last work concerning the Night Fever, he came across something... strange. 「Avalon」, you heard that word, right? It occasionally pops up in the news when someone who survived Night Fever goes insane, they keep screaming that word. Johannes took great interest in why this word came up. I don't know what he found out, but I heard snippets of conversations between Hironobu and him. Something about the hidden potential of humanity and the 「Stand」 and the need for a great sacrifice. That was when I learned about you, all of you. Johannes had never told me he had kids, but he began to speak a lot about you all and your potentials. After that, he started to distance himself from me... I think he found out I had been eavesdropping. I..."

She trailed off in thought for a moment, "It doesn't matter. What matters is that I believe Hironobu is using Johannes' death as an excuse to continue 「Project Avalon」 and is manipulating you for only his benefit."
    " Yeah, I heard that word before. My mother told me once the word Avalon means the isle of fruit and that the word has a connection to the legend of King Arthur. Yeah, I know that legend I'm sure everyone does," Boris said.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Vivian shrugged, seeming to take this revelation in stride. "Makes sense, he's been an arrogant bastard since we met him in the bar. Showed up and only had water, who does that?" After a moment, the woman frowned.

"... implication though, is Johannes had this many children intentionally. Presumably for the sake of 'potential' and 'great sacrifice'..." the witch's frown depend, only for a cynical smile to replace it.

"If that's true... he he he... he ruined our lives, or allowed them to be ruined, intentionally."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

"From what we already learned, I would say that is a given. My only concern is, will this truly help people? Or will we regret it later? I suspect that, despite your eavesdropping, you did trust Johannes to some degree." Jinny looked straight at Debra, "Or did you not trust him? Or was it that he did not trust you?" she then relaxed her gaze, looking casually around at those gathered before looking again at Debra, "I would like to believe that Johannes did what he did for an honorable purpose, but that would be too naive. It will be hard to trust anyone from now on, even you."

Holding out the book to show Debra, "You should have seen this coming. You know, you could have warned us earlier."

"That prick Hironobu is hiding things? Surprise, sur-motherfuckin'-prise," Sarada groused darkly. She knew there was something off about him from there very beginning, way back when he seemed to be reading facts about his supposed hometown from off the internet. "The more I hear, the more it looks like I made a serious mistake sticking around."

She lit a cigarette and took a drag to calm her nerves. Pungent smoke flowed upward into the air and away from the others - far be it for her to make her "siblings" overly uncomfortable. "I don't intend on just taking your word for it. I say we hear straight from that assclown's mouth. One way," she pulled one of her bowie knives out, "or the other."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Avalon. Miguel never put much thought into the word, himself. Sure, it was a strange common occurrence among survivors driven mad by Night Fever, but there were a lot of things strange about Night Fever. There were many theories and studies on what the possible correlation could be, but he couldn't remember if he'd seen anything conclusive.

Something about the hidden potential of humanity and the 「Stand」 and the need for a great sacrifice.
    Johannes had never told me he had kids, but he began to speak a lot about you all and your potentials.
    All this though, this is what he hated. In the end, this was it, wasn't it. Johanne's grand posthumous experiment. And here they were in his petri dish. If what Debra says about Hinorobu was true, both he and their father could eat a big bag of ****. There was soemthing else Debra mentioned that bothered him, though.

"So, wait...all the attacks we've had to face might've been...allowed or anticipated or somethin'? They might all be a part of this 'project?'" Miguel asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "From what we already learned, I would say that is a given. My only concern is, will this truly help people? Or will we regret it later? I suspect that, despite your eavesdropping, you did trust Johannes to some degree." Jinny looked straight at Debra, "Or did you not trust him? Or was it that he did not trust you?" she then relaxed her gaze, looking casually around at those gathered before looking again at Debra, "I would like to believe that Johannes did what he did for an honorable purpose, but that would be too naive. It will be hard to trust anyone from now on, even you."

Holding out the book to show Debra, "You should have seen this coming. You know, you could have warned us earlier."
    "Let's not forget Debra was in the **** with us," Miguel spoke up. "Her life was as in as much danger as ours back on the bus. Soon as we stepped aboard, the world started to make even less sense. Soon as we got to town, some of us had to heal our wounds, and we didn't meet Hironobu for too long after. At what point would be the ideal time to warn us?"

Miguel sighed, "It's true, there's still a lot we're being kept in the dark on, but instead of pointing fingers, maybe it's for the best to err on the side of caution. For now, anyway."

Default Past

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    The flashing before and between her eyes bloomed bright, with an intensity directly opposite to this darkness in this starry hour. Much like the old negatives shot on film, it was disorienting and incomprehensible to Suzie.

With a small groan, she shook her head. Pollen and bits of small white petals flew off the ends of her hair as she found a seat on the ground to reorient herself from.

"...eh? Skulking? Whatever do you mean-" Eventually when her head stopped spinning she found her would-be assailant. Sandra very much was holding a rather large knife, and that dried up her tongue right quick.

"Ah...hah...um...no need for the shiv," she stammered, "Oh, what I meant to say is, well, I'd thought I was alone, like? And considering we're on the way to Salem and all, I'd remembered Debra mentioning the transplants, yeah? And..."

Then she remembered. The runner vine. Reaching over she picked up the uprooted tether that ran through all the plantlife in common, intertwining its length all around. From her hand, down the chrysanthemum bush into the path, upon examining it for a moment Suzie became really quiet. Evidently, it had been uprooted from her Stand plucking on it. Dusting herself off, wobbly she stood to her feet, and as she went, she picked up the Book that laid there in the foliage.

"Um...Sandra, right? Wouldn't want to assume, but this is this yours, yeah?" She asked "...bit dark now for a book I guess, so you must've been here reading for some time."

God, what time is it now?

"Anyway, sorry for disturbing you, it was so quiet here I hadn't realized anyone else was here, I guess. But I think there might be some clue into the way the SIZ plants work, you know?"
    Beyond the stammering and grasping for some kind of response, it didn't seem that Suzie meant any harm. In fact, she appeared to be looking for something. Something to do with some kind of vine or weed or whatever the **** that was she picked up off the ground. The garden was ruined to ****; Sandra saw no reason to collect any kind of souvenir, meaning she had plucked it for a reason.

"Read? Nope. The book's empty," Sandra said as she took the book back. She opened the cover, intent on showing it to her when her eyes nearly bulged out of her head. "What the ****?" There were words, and pictures. Some pertained to Suzie, while a few had to do with Vivian. "Right before I chucked this at you, the pages were all blank. Now, there's almost three pages worth of **** about you and whats-her-face." She frowned. The change couldn't have happened until after the book conked her on the head. Maybe it needs to make contact with someone before it starts working?

She quickly read over what the book said. "You found something out about the SIZ plants? How do you plan on studying that... vine or whatever that is?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Avalon. Miguel never put much thought into the word, himself. Sure, it was a strange common occurrence among survivors driven mad by Night Fever, but there were a lot of things strange about Night Fever. There were many theories and studies on what the possible correlation could be, but he couldn't remember if he'd seen anything conclusive.

All this though, this is what he hated. In the end, this was it, wasn't it. Johanne's grand posthumous experiment. And here they were in his petri dish. If what Debra says about Hinorobu was true, both he and their father could eat a big bag of ****. There was soemthing else Debra mentioned that bothered him, though.

"So, wait...all the attacks we've had to face might've been...allowed or anticipated or somethin'? They might all be a part of this 'project?'" Miguel asked.

"Let's not forget Debra was in the **** with us," Miguel spoke up. "Her life was as in as much danger as ours back on the bus. Soon as we stepped aboard, the world started to make even less sense. Soon as we got to town, some of us had to heal our wounds, and we didn't meet Hironobu for too long after. At what point would be the ideal time to warn us?"

Miguel sighed, "It's true, there's still a lot we're being kept in the dark on, but instead of pointing fingers, maybe it's for the best to err on the side of caution. For now, anyway."
    Pulling her hand back, yet holding the book close, "It's true that she was in danger as well." Jinny's eyes went out of focus for a moment, then she looked at Miguel, "Every time we've been attacked, at least one of us has manifested a Stand. That may have been someone's goal, or an unintentional by-product of being suddenly the target of Johannes' enemies. I get the feeling that is what Johannes wanted of us, expected from us. That is the potential Debra mentioned."

She then looked back at Debra, "Am I getting warmer this time? Or am I missing the mark?"