Page 96 of 108 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 1610

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Boris would find there were more than rap sheets the further he dug. He would find receipts for bails stapled to each crime, information regarding the whys and hows sighed by his mother. Photos came after that, revealing Boris' growth from toddler to adult, accompanied by his tight-knit family. Surprisingly, he would discover even a ticket for one of Boris' ventriloquist shows. Lastly, he would find a letter.
    ( It seems like my father and I both want a better life for my mother. Father, I promise to succeed where you failed by giving my mother and granduncle better lives. I will show them that there's more to life than just the world of the mob,) Boris thought.

( Knowing about the Zaporizhzhia Massacre, I know there would be no reason why my granduncle would still be with the Ukraine Mafia, other than to get revenged on them for the massacre of his and my mother's family. I can see by this letter that my father saw the hatred in my granduncle's heart for the Ukraine Mafia. he wanted to convince him and my mother that there was more than just the mob world,) Boris thought.

( Probably to show them that they should move on from the past and that revenge isn't the only solution, but I know it's going to be tough for my mother and granduncle to move on from the past,) Boris thought.

( Hmm, I don't know if I ever be stronger than my granduncle, but my father is right. I do need to stand on my own two feet. I promise you, father, I will look after my siblings I will be their shield) Boris thought.

( Yeah, I do cherish my granduncle a lot. I even style my clothing after him and bring him up in conversations. Hell, I even style my beard after his,) Boris thought.

Boris shows Jinny his letter and a ticket to one of his ventriloquist shows, "I guess our father saw one of my shows," Boris said.

Boris then looks at Hironobu with a smile. it was a smile that showed resignation, understanding, and determination
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Seeing both Jinny and Boris glance up at Hinorobu with shockingly similar expressions as if they were in a trance, Miguel decided to forego reading his letter lest whatever contents it included put him in a similar state. Though, to be honest, he wasn't really interested in reading anything more of what Johannes had to say anyway.

"Uh...right so," he nodded shakily up at Hinoboru. "I hope you're understanding that some of us are feeling a sense of resignation at the prospect of what lies ahead of us," he explained in the hopes of making a moving things along from any impromptu staring contests. "But since we all onboard now...I guess we can stand to start asking a little proactive questions. For instance...when do we start? And did Johannes have any additional research notes or journals or anything worth reading in his study holed up somewhere?"

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    ( It seems like my father and I both want a better life for my mother. Father, I promise to succeed where you failed by giving my mother and granduncle better lives. I will show them that there's more to life than just the world of the mob,) Boris thought.

( Knowing about the Zaporizhzhia Massacre, I know there would be no reason why my granduncle would still be with the Ukraine Mafia, other than to get revenged on them for the massacre of his and my mother's family. I can see by this letter that my father saw the hatred in my granduncle's heart for the Ukraine Mafia. he wanted to convince him and my mother that there was more than just the mob world,) Boris thought.

( Probably to show them that they should move on from the past and that revenge isn't the only solution, but I know it's going to be tough for my mother and granduncle to move on from the past,) Boris thought.

( Hmm, I don't know if I ever be stronger than my granduncle, but my father is right. I do need to stand on my own two feet. I promise you, father, I will look after my siblings I will be their shield) Boris thought.

( Yeah, I do cherish my granduncle a lot. I even style my clothing after him and bring him up in conversations. Hell, I even style my beard after his,) Boris thought.

Boris shows Jinny his letter and a ticket to one of his ventriloquist shows, "I guess our father saw one of my shows," Boris said.

Boris then looks at Hironobu with a smile. it was a smile that showed resignation, understanding, and determination
    Jinny glanced over at Boris, her smile turning to a frown, then a sigh as she glanced at his letter, "You may be the oldest, but sometimes you're such a child. Seriously, I know you are a stage performer now, but mimicking others and trying to draw attention to yourself will only lead to more problems down the road. If you can't take care of yourself, how are you going to look after anyone else?"
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Seeing both Jinny and Boris glance up at Hinorobu with shockingly similar expressions as if they were in a trance, Miguel decided to forego reading his letter lest whatever contents it included put him in a similar state. Though, to be honest, he wasn't really interested in reading anything more of what Johannes had to say anyway.

"Uh...right so," he nodded shakily up at Hinoboru. "I hope you're understanding that some of us are feeling a sense of resignation at the prospect of what lies ahead of us," he explained in the hopes of making a moving things along from any impromptu staring contests. "But since we all onboard now...I guess we can stand to start asking a little proactive questions. For instance...when do we start? And did Johannes have any additional research notes or journals or anything worth reading in his study holed up somewhere?"
    Her attention now on Miguel, "That reminds me, I found a book in the library earlier with a handwritten note inside. Debra confirmed that it was written by Johannes. Let me see...." Jinny thought for a moment, trying to remember what it said, "I think it went something like, 'the Isle of Avalon, from which paradise is borne, beyond the horizon of man's eye, it will only be found when the wolf howls the iron cutting song, only then will the owner of the broken heart open the path to salvation' or something like that. I left it in my bag in my room. I'll get it later and show it to anyone who wants to see it."
    Last edited by Tami; 05-30-2021 at 02:44 PM.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Sandra glanced at Lucy, Boris, and Jinny as they read their letters and felt nothing but disgust. She also felt a scowl on forming on her face, but that was part of the disgust. She had opened her folder and noticed the letter Joestar left for her. She didn't read it. She had no desire to read it. Whatever was in it was bullshit and she wanted nothing to do with it, or Joestar, or any of it. Nothing he could have said would explain why he had a child with a married woman.

Nothing.

Nothing would excuse her mother's husband taking it out on Sandra.

I should have left, she thought, completely aggravated that she was stuck with no way out but forward into the unknown to deal with that OSS bullshit. If she had the choice and knew she could get away with it, she would have just left anyway. But, she heard what Hinoboru said. She knew too much; that made her a target. She wasn't going to last very long on her own at that point.

The only reason she was going through with it was self-preservation. The moment it was all over, she was burning her former life to ashes and starting over. The billion that old **** gave her would take care of that nicely.

The folder was still open. Inside, she saw clipped out newspaper articles. The top one read:

"Erik, please stop!" Louisa begged. She spoke nearly perfect German, but her Venezuelan accent colored her words significantly. She grabbed his arm and tried to pull him back.

"Get away, whore!" he shouted as his free hand clenched into a fist and connected with her chin. Her legs turned to jelly nearly instantly and she fell to the floor; her head just barely missed hitting a marble tabletop.

With her out of the way, Erik turned his attention to the small girl crying in the corner. His other hand clenched into a fist as he approached her slowly..."

Sandra's eyes squeezed closed as she pinched the bridge of her nose. She slammed the folder closed with a loud bang, which shook the table. She didn't say anything, but her heavy and labored breathing gave some insight into what she was feeling. Sandra assumed that Hoestar would have collected her arrest records, but it looked like he had everything. He had been keeping tabs on her since the beginning if he had **** from before the meteor hit.

It started early, and was a never-ending nightmare. Every day was a nightmare. She had no one to help her, to protect her. Everyone stood by and watched, silent. Every single time, no one helped her.

She opened her eyes and roughly carded a hand through her hair. She could feel it coming. It was getting hard to breathe. The air felt hot and stifling; breathing it in felt like she was standing next to a pot of boiling water. Her lungs burned with every breath. Calm down. Just calm down.

She squeezed her eyes shut again. The darkness was filled with nothing but his face, filled with rage and hatred. All of it directed at her. Calm down. Forget it and calm down.

"I need a drink," she muttered softly. She would have lit up a cigarette, but that fucking crybaby Lucy would have started her bitching and coughing again. **** her. She pulled out a cigarette from her jacket pocket and stuck it in her mouth. Even without lighting it, she was starting to feel better. Not much, but at least enough to listen.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Jinny glanced over at Boris, her smile turning to a frown, then a sigh as she glanced at his letter, "You may be the oldest, but sometimes you're such a child. Seriously, I know you are a stage performer now, but mimicking others and trying to draw attention to yourself will only lead to more problems down the road. If you can't take care of yourself, how are you going to look after anyone else?"
    " Right, I need to change. That's why I'm making a promise to our late father to stand on my own two feet. Oh, and I'm perfectly capable of taking care of myself. Oh, and I wasn't mimicking you. That expression I show Hinorobu was my sincere expression," Boris said.

" Oh, and is drawing attention to myself really such a bad thing? I mean, what if I drew the attention of an enemy towards me so that they wouldn't be paying attention to any of you. I could get an enemy to solely focus on me as a way to protect you and the rest of our siblings," Boris said.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Hironobu sighed, mostly to himself but made it noticeable enough for his pettiness to be known, "For volunteers, you sure are a needy bunch."

One girl was freaking out, two of them were making googly eyes at him for some reason, and now one was throwing a temper tantrum. At the very least Miguel understood that they needed to progress, even if he began that question by complaining.

"Most of what was in Mr. Joestar's study is what is currently in your hands. Despite some of you trying to break in last night while I was working, I managed to consolidate his personal things in time. As of right now, his research notes on the Night Fever are currently being kept under high security until we are able to attempt replicating his cure. As of tomorrow, we will begin preparation for your trip to Salem and hopefully, you'll be on your way. As mentioned previously, Moonchild has agreed to "aid" us, but finding her and figuring out what she wants in return will be a journey in itself."

Fishing out his pocket watch, he continued while glancing to the time, "It will be some time before we are fully prepared to enter the RIZ and we are still in negotiations with Lucky Land over our access to the GIZ, so Salem is our only safe option so far."

"I'm just remembering something. I remember that last night this guy hit me and did something to me. I have found it odd that I could walk and that the injury I had is perfectly healed. I want to find this person," Boris said.

" I want him to teach me whatever he did to me last night," Boris said.
    My Forum check it out

Hironobu sighed, mostly to himself but made it noticeable enough for his pettiness to be known, "For volunteers, you sure are a needy bunch."

One girl was freaking out, two of them were making googly eyes at him for some reason, and now one was throwing a temper tantrum. At the very least Miguel understood that they needed to progress, even if he began that question by complaining.

"Most of what was in Mr. Joestar's study is what is currently in your hands. Despite some of you trying to break in last night while I was working, I managed to consolidate his personal things in time. As of right now, his research notes on the Night Fever are currently being kept under high security until we are able to attempt replicating his cure. As of tomorrow, we will begin preparation for your trip to Salem and hopefully, you'll be on your way. As mentioned previously, Moonchild has agreed to "aid" us, but finding her and figuring out what she wants in return will be a journey in itself."

Fishing out his pocket watch, he continued while glancing to the time, "It will be some time before we are fully prepared to enter the RIZ and we are still in negotiations with Lucky Land over our access to the GIZ, so Salem is our only safe option so far."
    "I would have loved to be there on your first day at the Foundation." Jinny's sarcasm was quite evident in the tone of her voice, "Though I doubt you went through nearly as much effort to get here."

With a shrug, "Salem it is. So, what kind of transportation will we have?"

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "Lucy...? What's the matter?"

As the path of the Joestar children loomed towards three fragmented destinations, Suzie's attention was turned to the sibling beside her.

"Lucy- Oh!"

Something's set her off...what's in that-

Reflexively, she cradled her hands about her shoulders in an effort to give her some support. Even as the folder tumbled downwards, she tried to do what she could - if anything - to anchor her.

"Shh-shh...settle down...just breathe...breathe deep-"

...though all that came to mind was the broadest and most cliche nothings to whisper into her ear.
    It took several moment of dry coughing before Lucy could catch her breath, by which point Suzie had a firm grip on her. Even once it subsided, the air just felt wrong as she forced the breath back into her lungs.....but like a fish out of water she had no choice but to painfully gulp in what she could. "I...I'm sorry...I'm fine....."

The attack had left her weak in the legs, but nonetheless she moved to try and get the items she had dropped on the floor....including the heart necklace, check and folder, the latter of which was spilled in a haphazard mess around her feet. "I'm fine...I just have to collect myself..." She pulled forward, attempting in vain to reach down and quickly sweep up the evidence of her life before someone saw it, even while struggling against suzies hold. After a moment however, she stopped her stuggle and simple stared down at the mess with a look of quiet resignation.

"....Hironobu.....There is no way my father learned as much as he did without you being involved in some way." Lucy slowly turned her gaze up to the young representative. "What I am....and what I did....*cough*....you must have known, how can you justify my continue involvement in all this. Letting a possible enemy into your den, knowing the importance of all this to the ones who killed my father...."

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "I would have loved to be there on your first day at the Foundation." Jinny's sarcasm was quite evident in the tone of her voice, "Though I doubt you went through nearly as much effort to get here."

With a shrug, "Salem it is. So, what kind of transportation will we have?"
    "You'd be surprised," Came his response, short and sweet before he moved on, "Initially, we were planning to send you by plane, but as you've learned, safe and reliable transportation is not a strong point of the Joestar family. For the sake of keeping a low profile, you will be transported by van to Dallas from where you will be embarking by train to New York. IT is there you will meet our contact who will get you into the SIZ proper."

Vivan opted not to open her own dossier for... a variety of reasons.

Instead focusing on the hammer-blow that was to be their first destination. The ... SIZ. "I am sure... I can be of some help tracking down Moonchild." She spoke up, finally. "Far be it for me to prolong a foray into the Weald, when it will be easier and safer for everyone involved to simply get in... and get out." The egg decided, of all times, it would be best to appear now. Perhaps hoping to drive that knife in Vivian's chest just a little bit deeper. "See? Even my damnation agrees."

"Unless of course finding her isn't necessarily t he goal..."

Dealing with her after all was its own hell.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "....Hironobu.....There is no way my father learned as much as he did without you being involved in some way." Lucy slowly turned her gaze up to the young representative. "What I am....and what I did....*cough*....you must have known, how can you justify my continue involvement in all this. Letting a possible enemy into your den, knowing the importance of all this to the ones who killed my father...."
    "I can justify it easily enough, Ms. Lucy," Hironobu said, pocketing the watch, "Mr. Joestar trusted you and so I will too. I suppose if that explanation does not suffice, then there is the practicality of having some insight into the enemy. There was a Sun Tzu quote to that effect, I recall."

He looked as if he were going to reach for his phone, no doubt to look it up, but he decided otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post

Instead focusing on the hammer-blow that was to be their first destination. The ... SIZ. "I am sure... I can be of some help tracking down Moonchild." She spoke up, finally. "Far be it for me to prolong a foray into the Weald, when it will be easier and safer for everyone involved to simply get in... and get out." The egg decided, of all times, it would be best to appear now. Perhaps hoping to drive that knife in Vivian's chest just a little bit deeper. "See? Even my damnation agrees."

Vivian's folder seemed light, extremely light, although she was certain there were things in there. Curious.

"If you are able to retrieve the core or the fragments without Moonchild, the better; however, we're all aware of how easier said than done such a feat is. Still, free feel to do what you can."

---
    "In any case, if that is all for questions, then it is getting late and we have much to do tomorrow. Once those doors unlock, you will find dinner ready in the dining room. Also, there will be a staff member on each side of the door with a piece of paper. I suggest filling it out with the essentials you'll need for this journey and turning it to the staff."
    Last edited by Yun Lao; 05-31-2021 at 01:01 PM.

"Unless of course finding her isn't necessarily the goal..."

Vivian's folder seemed light, extremely light, although she was certain there were things in there. Curious.

"If you are able to retrieve the core or the fragments without Moonchild, the better; however, we're all aware of how easier said than done such a feat is. Still, free feel to do what you can."

---
    "In any case, if that is all for questions, then it is getting late and we have much to do tomorrow. Once those doors unlock, you will find dinner ready in the dining room. Also, there will be a staff member on each side of the door with a piece of paper. I suggest filling it out with the essentials you'll need for this journey and turning it to the staff."
    As they were about to leave, Jinny approached Vivian, "For those of us, which is pretty much all of us except you, who have never been to Salem, I was hoping that you could give us some insight on what to expect once we get there. Perhaps over dinner, you can fill us in on anything we need to know ahead of time."

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    It took several moment of dry coughing before Lucy could catch her breath, by which point Suzie had a firm grip on her. Even once it subsided, the air just felt wrong as she forced the breath back into her lungs.....but like a fish out of water she had no choice but to painfully gulp in what she could. "I...I'm sorry...I'm fine....."

The attack had left her weak in the legs, but nonetheless she moved to try and get the items she had dropped on the floor....including the heart necklace, check and folder, the latter of which was spilled in a haphazard mess around her feet. "I'm fine...I just have to collect myself..." She pulled forward, attempting in vain to reach down and quickly sweep up the evidence of her life before someone saw it, even while struggling against suzies hold. After a moment however, she stopped her stuggle and simple stared down at the mess with a look of quiet resignation.

As Lucy shook through the coughs and gasps, Suzie's support remained, although through the forceful struggle she had found a frightening amount of strength hidden in the soldier, despite her slender frame. When things had settled down, slowly she eased her grip.

When the dossier hit the floor, it would be hard to ignore the paraphernalia that spilled out, Johannes Joestar's painstaking documentation on Lucy now scattered, the flotsam of her life on the floor.

Hesitantly at first, as his youngest daughter collected her thoughts and spoke to their cousin, Suzie quietly began to bundle things back together, necklace, cheque, folder and all, and once they were put back together, set them aside, fingers pinched tightly over the edges with the utmost diligence, until Lucy was ready to have them returned.

"I can justify it easily enough, Ms. Lucy," Hironobu said, pocketing the watch, "Mr. Joestar trusted you and so I will too. I suppose if that explanation does not suffice, then there is the practicality of having some insight into the enemy. There was a Sun Tzu quote to that effect, I recall."

He looked as if he were going to reach for his phone, no doubt to look it up, but he decided otherwise.
    "Moreover, the...strategic evaluation, like, aside," Suzie added, "I've seen you come through whilst we were in that confrontation in the hospital, yeah?"

Despite the drained look in her eyes, the thin smile on her face was far more certain than it appeared.

"If it wasn't for you, there's be a lot less of us here...and, point being, you got out of the OSS..." She said it curtly, but found herself rather wanting for a final thought, so said nothing else.

---

"...beg pardon, but Moonchild...?"

Hironobu and Vivian had dropped the name of this presumed contact, but it had left Suzie rather adrift. "Suppose there are a few of things left to a need to know basis...though it'd be a right bother if we'd a need to know friend from foe on the East coast, innit?"

She tilt her head to one side and twist an end of her hair.

"Um...so you did mention a few things about the Weald this morning over breakfast. Before I'd thought nature'd reasserted itself, but well...hadn't occured to me that the roots had to uptake their sustenance quite like that."