Page 83 of 108 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1610
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Jamie struggled against the substance on her face, movements weakening from oxygen deprivation. Near her, The Stand turned toward Jinny, face set in a scowl. With a snarl, it thrust its arms in her direction, extending and morphing into spears to impale her.

However, inches from Jinny, the Stand vanished as Jamie went still.
    And just like that, it was over. Sandra breathed out a sigh of relief, relief that... whatever that was was finally over and without anyone getting hurt. "Tch." She looked at the supernatural, ethereal book in her hand. She supposed that, eventually, she would have to figure out what it did, if it truly did anything. A book wasn't a bludgeon, even if it could have been used as that.

She opened the cover and, again, found the pages were completely blank.

"What is this thing supposed to..."

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    With Jamie falling conscious, Gza-Rza dropped his guard, returning to his master. Speaking in hushed tones, the two of them began walking away from the scene, the old man content that the peace has been restored, for now.
    Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed the two men from before - including the one who laid out Boris in one hit - walking off. "Hey!" she called out as she turned and quickly walked after them. "Who are you two? What's going on around here?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

OOC: Timewarp
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed the two men from before - including the one who laid out Boris in one hit - walking off. "Hey!" she called out as she turned and quickly walked after them. "Who are you two? What's going on around here?"
    The younger one went to speak, but the older one stopped him with a gesture.

"I am Grandmaster Flash, one of the five Speedwagon board members and this is Gza-Rza, one of my pupils." The old man said, stroking his beard. Gza-Rza simply kowtowed to Sandra, "As for what is going on; I could ask you the same question. I was rudely awoken from my sleep from them, so I simply chose to deescalate the situation."

OOC: Timewarp
    ---

The younger one went to speak, but the older one stopped him with a gesture.

"I am Grandmaster Flash, one of the five Speedwagon board members and this is Gza-Rza, one of my pupils." The old man said, stroking his beard. Gza-Rza simply kowtowed to Sandra, "As for what is going on; I could ask you the same question. I was rudely awoken from my sleep from them, so I simply chose to deescalate the situation."
    She gave them both a single nod. "Nice to meet you. As for all that ****, I have no fucking clue. I heard Jamie scream and came to investigate. When I got here, they were trying to kill each other. Could have been because they wanted a bigger cut of the inheritance, but who really fucking knows?" She sure didn't. "I guess we'll have to ask when either one comes to."

Shelving that, there was something else she wanted to know. "You did something to Shorty over there. I think I saw you hand glow or something." She frowned. It was all so fucking weird. Stands and flying buses and all that ****. Things were so much simpler when she was just drifting from city to city. "What was that?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    She gave them both a single nod. "Nice to meet you. As for all that ****, I have no fucking clue. I heard Jamie scream and came to investigate. When I got here, they were trying to kill each other. Could have been because they wanted a bigger cut of the inheritance, but who really fucking knows?" She sure didn't. "I guess we'll have to ask when either one comes to."

Shelving that, there was something else she wanted to know. "You did something to Shorty over there. I think I saw you hand glow or something." She frowned. It was all so fucking weird. Stands and flying buses and all that ****. Things were so much simpler when she was just drifting from city to city. "What was that?"
    "That was Hamon, although it has been known as Sendo or the Ripple." Grandmaster Flash replied, "Not to bore you with history, but let's just say it excels at fighting the unnatural."

OOC: If any of you want, free feel to continue the night in time warp, but I think this might make for a good advancing point.
    ----------

It would take some time, but everything settled once more. Jamie and Boris would regain consciousness shortly after they were rid of the murderous influence that had once controlled them. For Jamie, the knowledge of what she had done would result in her stand being bound by her guilt and as an apology, she would use her healing abilities to restore Jinny's mouth as well as "fixing" both Jinny's and Boris' previous wounds. Boris, on the other hand, would be forever haunted with an unknown dislike of large axes. By this point, it was unanimously decided on that perhaps the best course of action was to just go to bed and hope for some peace, although for some, sleep would be difficult knowing that whatever had taken control of Jamie and Boris was still out there.

Finally, after what felt like five months and a couple of days, this troublesome day had passed.

With the moon's descent came the sun's rise, dim streams of light peeking through curtained windows and upon the eighth hour of the day, the resonating sounds of the grandfather clock could be heard, declaring that morning had come and more important to some of them, that breakfast was ready.
    Boris wakes up. ( **** I had the worst nightmare, glad that was all a dream. Wait was it all a dream? No something did happen last night I'm sure of it) Boris thought.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 04-15-2021 at 05:55 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

OOC: If any of you want, free feel to continue the night in time warp, but I think this might make for a good advancing point.
    ----------

It would take some time, but everything settled once more. Jamie and Boris would regain consciousness shortly after they were rid of the murderous influence that had once controlled them. For Jamie, the knowledge of what she had done would result in her stand being bound by her guilt and as an apology, she would use her healing abilities to restore Jinny's mouth as well as "fixing" both Jinny's and Boris' previous wounds. Boris, on the other hand, would be forever haunted with an unknown dislike of large axes. By this point, it was unanimously decided on that perhaps the best course of action was to just go to bed and hope for some peace, although for some, sleep would be difficult knowing that whatever had taken control of Jamie and Boris was still out there.

Finally, after what felt like five months and a couple of days, this troublesome day had passed.

With the moon's descent came the sun's rise, dim streams of light peeking through curtained windows and upon the eighth hour of the day, the resonating sounds of the grandfather clock could be heard, declaring that morning had come and more important to some of them, that breakfast was ready.
    It took until the end of the Grandfather Clock's chimes before Jinny's eyes began to open. Even then all she wanted to do was go back to sleep. Finally, slowly, sitting upright, she looked around at the unfamiliar room, still groggy. After a few moments, she considered herself. She then realized that she has no clear memory of how she got into bed. Her last certain memory was of collapsing next to Jamie, or was that just a nightmare? Everything else was shaded by a fog caused, she assumed, by exhaustion.

Looking at herself, she realized that her shoes were on the floor next to the bed, but that she was still fully clothed otherwise. Obviously, she had slept that way.

Standing upright, she walked over to a mirror in the room. Her hair, no longer tied back, was disheveled, long strands flying away, vying for a chance to cover her face and obscure her sight.

Using a hand to brush the strands aside, she quickly realized that her face was back to normal, touching it with her hand and moving her mouth as if needing proof that this was real. That's when she also realized that she was using her left arm, that it was no longer bound to a sling and no longer in pain.

Carefully holding her left hand out, she tested it by moving it slowly back and forth. She was sure that the doctor at the hospital had said that it would take at least a week to heal.

Glancing to one side, she noticed a doorway that was open. Walking over to it, she looked inside and found a small, attached washroom, complete with a shower. Looking around, she found her travel bag on a chair in one corner of the room, though her suitcase with all of her clothes had been lost on the bus ride here.

Still, the least she deserved was a good shower. Making sure that she had privacy, Jinny took off her clothes and laid them aside. Entering the washroom, she spent about fifteen minutes enjoying the feel of warm water and soap. Finally feeling awake, she returned to the bedroom, dried off, and opened her travel bag. Inside were many things she had packed separate from the clothes in her suitcase, though she did include an emergency change of underwear.

Once dressed, she pulled out a hairbrush and ran it through her long, dark hair until it was tamed to her liking. She then considered her face, debating using makeup or not. Returning to her travel bag, she pulled out a small makeup kit. Using a light touch and keeping it natural, she applied only a minimal amount of makeup and just a hint of eyeshadow.

When she was done, she put everything away and set the travel bag back on the chair. Then she checked herself out once more in the mirror, having decided to let her hair hang long and unbound. With that, she headed out into the corridor, and back down to the dining room. As she walked, she noticed the others as well but was not yet ready to be social so she kept quiet, kept to herself.
    Last edited by Tami; 04-15-2021 at 03:19 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Boris looks around the room he's in. ( Okay, last night I remember being in the library and reading this book called Empress Milica and Dragon from Jastrepca and Other Tales. I remember taking the book with me out of the library and finding some awake to verified a theory I had. I remember seeing Jamie, and the rest after that is a blur) Boris thought.

(No, wait, I remember seeing John, Jinny, and Sandra ) Boris said. Boris then looks around his room for the book.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

----------

The ensuite guest room was resplendently furnished, with space and amenities enough that it seemed as if a visitor could host their own sizable gathering within the ranch confines. A tall window on the wall adjacent to the headboard overlooked the ranch garden from which the summer light peeked through the heavy cloth curtains. The air swirled to a gentle rhythm, a silent mechanical fan carrying the air at an exacting temperature above.

Meticulously designed with all the comforts one could only imagine in the highest-class hotel suites, catered to every beckon and whim, and yet despite its spaciousness, it brought no comfort to the inhabitant, who had rolled herself into the duvet like a cocoon to avoid the sight of the distance to the door and the long shadows that stretched across the span, flickering against the moonlight in the window.

Suddenly, the Westminster chime sounded and carried its echoes through the room.

"...mmmh...."

Suzie had fallen into an uneasy sleep, filled with tired moaning and the knowledge that somebody inside the mansion was out to get them. Whatever had befallen Jamie and Boris last night had not yet been concluded. They could be anywhere and look like anything. Even a hot shower was a comfort beset by paranoia, and she spent the night afterward monitoring the room corner to corner as the ceiling and walls seemed to stretch.

Peeling herself to the edge of the bed, she sat for a long moment cradling her head in her hands.

"...you're still here, aren't you...?"

She felt the long, clawed arm of「Jigsaw Feeling」upon her, its skeletal face behind her own eyes as if she'd been hollowed out. Listlessly, she rose and head to the bathroom, staring at the visage within reflected doubly in the mirror. The blood-warm water she splashed on her face would clear the spots from her eyes, but even as it thawed her frigid nerves, it became abundantly clear it could not not wash the taint of being marked as one living in Joestar's world away. So resigned, she began to dress for the funeral of a stranger.

Foundation. Concealer. Contours. Shadows. Each practiced step, exacting and precise to the geometry of her face was well practiced with a deft hand. At this point she hadn't even thought much of it. The moment Suzie began penciling in the waterline and brushing out unblinking lashes, it suddenly occurred to her that perhaps this exacting need, a semblance of control, was something she got from her father...

Pressing in the opaque black of her lipliner, she leaned over the sink, taking in slow, deep breaths.「Jigsaw Feeling」 loomed beside her, and she closed her eyes tightly. When she opened them, it had disappeared. Mussing her bushy, raven hair with a few shots of hairspray, she lingered for a moment. What if she just didn't go? Maybe she had a mind to just stay cooped up here, until she could arrange a flight home and...

...then she sighed, and made her way out to where the call from the House of Joestar beckoned.
    Last edited by grampagen; 04-15-2021 at 09:34 PM.

----------

Jamie laid in the bed of the guest room she was staying in, staring at the ceiling above her as the resonating chime of the grandfather clock filled the room. After hurting Jinny last night, even unwillingly, she didn't have a desire to get up. What if it happened again, and she hurt someone worse, or even killed them.

"Oh come on, you aren't going to lay in bed all day, are you?"

Jamie turned her head as a small, almost cute figure seemed to crawl from under the covers and stare at her with its oversized eyes as it continued "You already somehow forced me into this useless fucking form and severely weakened me, isn't that good enough for your guilt complex?"

"What if whatever took control of us does it again, and you get your full strength back? We could kill someone." Jamie asked with a frown.

"Oh cry me a huge fucking river. 'What if?' 'What if?' You gonna lie in this bed forever because of 'what ifs?'" the figure countered, rubbing one of its mitten-like hands down its face.

"If it keeps the others safe from me, and you, then that's what I'm gonna do." Jamie replied, and the small figure sighed as it muttered "I'm gonna go back to the nebulous nothing until you decide to get your ass in gear and get up."

"I hope you have fun wherever you go." Jamie said as the Stand vanished back to wherever Stands go when not being used.
    Last edited by The Dog; 04-15-2021 at 09:20 PM.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

"That was Hamon, although it has been known as Sendo or the Ripple." Grandmaster Flash replied, "Not to bore you with history, but let's just say it excels at fighting the unnatural."
    "Ha...mon."

Some kind of natural energy that could repel that which was unnatural. Well, that naturally led to all kinds of other questions. Where did it come from? Could anyone use it? Did she have it? A glance at Boris' unconscious form showed that it at least wasn't lethal if the guy didn't want it to be, she assumed.

"Sounds freaky. I think I'll stick to this stupid Stand of mine." Speaking of, she tried to make it go away. Go away, you stupid book. It suddenly vanished. "Okay. Well, thanks for saving that idiot from himself. Pretty sure he was about to murder John... for some reason."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Extraordinary Member

John woked up, did the Morning usuals like getting dressed and brushing his teeth, and then went to check on Jamie, Jinny, and Boris. He was worried about what had happened last night.

Unfortunately, he couldn't remember what room they were sleeping in. So he wound up knocking on random doors trying to find them.

OOC: Whoever wants their character to talk with John can answer his knock. First come first serve. And it's not limited to Jinny, Jamie, and Boris either

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    John woked up, did the Morning usuals like getting dressed and brushing his teeth, and then went to check on Jamie, Jinny, and Boris. He was worried about what had happened last night.

Unfortunately, he couldn't remember what room they were sleeping in. So he wound up knocking on random doors trying to find them.

OOC: Whoever wants their character to talk with John can answer his knock. First come first serve. And it's not limited to Jinny, Jamie, and Boris either
    Boris answers. "Who is it?" Boris said.
    My Forum check it out

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Boris answers. "Who is it?" Boris said.
    "It's me, John. I just wanted to check in, make sure you were okay. "

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    It took until the end of the Grandfather Clock's chimes before Jinny's eyes began to open. Even then all she wanted to do was go back to sleep. Finally, slowly, sitting upright, she looked around at the unfamiliar room, still groggy. After a few moments, she considered herself. She then realized that she has no clear memory of how she got into bed. Her last certain memory was of collapsing next to Jamie, or was that just a nightmare? Everything else was shaded by a fog caused, she assumed, by exhaustion.

Looking at herself, she realized that her shoes were on the floor next to the bed, but that she was still fully clothed otherwise. Obviously, she had slept that way.

Standing upright, she walked over to a mirror in the room. Her hair, no longer tied back, was disheveled, long strands flying away, vying for a chance to cover her face and obscure her sight.

Using a hand to brush the strands aside, she quickly realized that her face was back to normal, touching it with her hand and moving her mouth as if needing proof that this was real. That's when she also realized that she was using her left arm, that it was no longer bound to a sling and no longer in pain.

Carefully holding her left hand out, she tested it by moving it slowly back and forth. She was sure that the doctor at the hospital had said that it would take at least a week to heal.

Glancing to one side, she noticed a doorway that was open. Walking over to it, she looked inside and found a small, attached washroom, complete with a shower. Looking around, she found her travel bag on a chair in one corner of the room, though her suitcase with all of her clothes had been lost on the bus ride here.

Still, the least she deserved was a good shower. Making sure that she had privacy, Jinny took off her clothes and laid them aside. Entering the washroom, she spent about fifteen minutes enjoying the feel of warm water and soap. Finally feeling awake, she returned to the bedroom, dried off, and opened her travel bag. Inside were many things she had packed separate from the clothes in her suitcase, though she did include an emergency change of underwear.

Once dressed, she pulled out a hairbrush and ran it through her long, dark hair until it was tamed to her liking. She then considered her face, debating using makeup or not. Returning to her travel bag, she pulled out a small makeup kit. Using a light touch and keeping it natural, she applied only a minimal amount of makeup and just a hint of eyeshadow.

When she was done, she put everything away and set the travel bag back on the chair. Then she checked herself out once more in the mirror, having decided to let her hair hang long and unbound. With that, she headed out into the corridor, and back down to the dining room. As she walked, she noticed the others as well but was not yet ready to be social so she kept quiet, kept to herself.
    Finding her way to the dining area, Jinny looked around and was surprised at how few others were there. It seemed like some of the others had taken their time as well. Entering she looked over the food, then reached for a plate, but then pulled back. Looking over the room, she realized that Jamie wasn't here yet.

Deciding that breakfast could wait, Jinny turned around and headed back to the second-floor bedrooms. She felt somewhat responsible for what happened and her conscience wouldn't rest until she was sure that Jamie was alright.

OOC: Jinny is heading back to try and find the room Jamie is in.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    "It's me, John. I just wanted to check in, make sure you were okay. "
    " Yeah, I'm fine, wait, did something happen? Oh, I did have a terrible nightmare last night. Dreamt that Jamie was trying to kill me, and I was trying to kill her for some strange reason. It was surreal, and you, Jinny, and Sandra were also in this dream," Boris said.
    My Forum check it out