Page 101 of 108 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1610

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "Without needs, what's left to want," she said in a half whisper, "But to get what you want, how far would you go to take it...?"

Ware the Weald, it merely feeds. Supplication a tool to sate its greed. A strange riddle, and one she was short of answers for at the moment. She supposed her half-sister could be about as forthcoming as she could be under whatever duress - that or she was being made a fool.

"Meteor's in the roots..." She turned her head behind her, then lowered her gaze from「Jigsaw Feeling」's impassive, yet predatory stare. "...literally talking to myself, hum."

Part of the contents of the barren bookshelf she now held in her hands. That was the part of Johannes left to them before he died. With tomorrow's destination in mind, Suzie turned her attention to the assortment of documents and artifacts upon the other shelf in the study.

According to Debra, they once had specimens from the Salem Impact Zone, and their effects still lingered in the estate's garden. One by one, Suzie began to skim and scan the documentation. Perhaps in the studies Johannes left behind, he might have had some concrete insights to the nature of the Weald as he had known it.
    Suzie would find that「Jigsaw Feeling」either with a guessing or some unknown sense, reach out and pluck out one of the binders from the shelf although one could say it simply knocked it off the shelf like some giant cat. Falling into her hands, the three-ring binder opened, revealing a small number of composition notebooks labeled only with dates that reached back roughly one to two years ago.

Upon opening up the more recent ones, she would find pages upon pages filled with unknown scripts; no doubt notes written in code. Fortunately, the oldest one was uncoded:

September 3rd, 0019 P.I.

... it took me quite some time to procure the saplings from Moonchild and while I fear the mental scars brought on by the hoops I had to jump through to entertain the witch mother enough to bestow me such gifts, the sparkle I saw in Debra's eyes when she saw the daffodils and roses had sprouted and bloomed overnight was a treasure I shall I forever remember. I know this love will be bitter like poison by the end but...
    The bottom of the page was distorted by the tell-tale signs of water, yet it thankfully had not affected the other entries

April 21st, 0020 P.I.

... I fear my back will give out at this rate. I suspect Moonchild is giggling stupidly to herself about this whole mess. While the garden had been manageable at first, I fear I might have underestimated Salem's flora; four highly skilled gardeners and myself have struggled to keep it contained from spilling out of the garden in the last few days, but I fear it is only a matter of time before things get out of hand.

Hironobu has been suggesting the use of the「Black Emperor」 and「 Manowar」and as cathartic as it would be to let loose, I would prefer that Debra have as little contact with them as possible...

October 14th, 0020 P.I.

At long last, victory...

A pyrrhic victory, but one nonetheless. I suppose this means that I should take to heart the moral of seeking help from others, but I'm far too old for such lessons to make much of a difference. After months and a small fortune fighting nature, things came to a head when Amon Amarth came to visit. To be frank, I don't really recall why he came to visit, although deciphering his cryptic verses take my brain a few days to figure out, and by that point, he's usually gone. I suspect he plans it out in some attempt to out bastard me. Regardless, that curious power of Amarth's「 The Spin」proved to be quite effective against the altered plant life. Amarth's only explanation on the hows and whys was his usual cryptic response, something about how "The power of the true spiral untwisting the enchanted coils' hold on nature."

The man can keep his secrets, I suppose, but I do plan to get back at him by provoking a squabble between him and the Grandmaster next time we're assembled. That should make me feel better about this whole ordeal.
    October 26th, 0020 P.I.

...curiously, the garden still seems to be affected by the introduction of those saplings. While I initially dreaded learning that even the native flora had been affected in the beginning, at the very least it makes things simple since we can prune and trim them all at the same time. It's much slower now, although still noticeable and while manageable, I think I'll keep all of the current gardeners employed just in case...

Boris looks around the mansion for one of his siblings who weren't in the dining room. ( Okay, I'm looking around as Jinny asked. I haven't found any of our siblings yet,) Boris thought.

( Hmm I wonder where Jamie is,) Boris thought.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Suzie would find that「Jigsaw Feeling」either with a guessing or some unknown sense, reach out and pluck out one of the binders from the shelf although one could say it simply knocked it off the shelf like some giant cat. Falling into her hands, the three-ring binder opened, revealing a small number of composition notebooks labeled only with dates that reached back roughly one to two years ago.

Upon opening up the more recent ones, she would find pages upon pages filled with unknown scripts; no doubt notes written in code. Fortunately, the oldest one was uncoded:
    Sometimes, her Stand seemed to move reflexively to the faintest thought in her mind, its floodlit eyes and shadowed maw magnifying the fear she felt when it hovered near. Other times, it seemed when her head was swamped with nervous thought it had fortuitously cut to the quick.

Suppose it's as good a place to start as any.

She pored through Johannes' log, hoping to get some insight, but when she beheld the layered coded script in the first pages, she pursed her lips in confusion as she gingerly flipped forward looking for some cipher to decript it. To her relief, in no time at all she came across something written plainly. The Salem Impact Zone, Johannes made his expedition there three years ago, and when she sighted her stepmother mentioned by name, she pulled the page closer.

Even before he'd married Debra, had he known...?

Suzie turned her head, peeking at the doorframe as if she'd somehow expected Hironobu-san to be standing there, timing this by the click of that pocket watch as well.

Poring over the entry a second time, there was the name of their contact, Moonchild. In exchange for the Weald saplings, their father had to do something for her in exchange.

The bottom of the page was distorted by the tell-tale signs of water, yet it thankfully had not affected the other entries
    Continuing right along with reading the journal, it seemed to Suzie that Johannes Joestar, though he was a man who could trek the world on a whim and possessed considerable resources that left nothing out of reach, he also had a certain curiosity that left him wanting.

Had Moonchild picked up on this? Was that the sort of game Vivian had to play to survive in Salem? And just what did Johannes have to do to get what he wanted, some sort of wager or bargain?

Supplication a tool to sate its greed...

It seemed from April to October two years ago, their father had acquired much more than the sapling alone.The Black Emperor? Manowar? She would be remiss to forget Amon Amarth - for the Speedwagon Foundation board member was indeed quite hard to miss - and the mention of 「The Spin」as some direct countermeasure for the sprawling growth piqued her curiosity.

For a few minutes, Suzie examined the notes again, making a few brief scribbles on the inside of her folder, and had fallen so into the moment that she hadn't quite realized how comfortable it was when she'd eased behind the desk. It is a rather fine place for a ledger. When she was done, she cast another glance outside at the setting sun. Thank you, Jojo.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "Fucking bastard," she snarled. Her throat felt tight and her cheeks her white hot. She blinked over and over again. There must have been some kind of dust in the air or maybe the weeds were giving off some kind of pollen. Who knew? Whatever it was, her allergies were acting up. She angrily wiped away the tears and took her cigarette out of her mouth. The lit portion was placed against the corners of the two clippings in her hands. Quickly, they caught fire and turned to ash. She watched the small line of fire eat up the old newspaper with an expressionless face. It was neither cathartic or painful. It was just a thing that was happening in front of her.

When it was done, she made sure to stomp on the ashes just in case. The last thing she wanted to do was set fire to the garden that Debra and Hoestar worked so hard to create.

Her eyes trailed down to the folder beside her. Inside was years worth of newspaper clippings, articles, and even some printouts. Why? What was Joestar hoping to accomplish by keeping such close tabs on her. He already ruined her life; maybe he wanted to bask in the glory of fucking up a complete stranger's family?

What kind of fucked up bastard was that man?
    After setting the day's documents and notes into her room for further review down the road, not a moment later Suzie dirft through the dining room, a pale shadow stopping briefly to fill her coffee thermos, as she crossed the veranda and made the short way through to the garden outside.

Amon Amarth...「The Spin」

Silently she began examining the roots of the creeping vines. She set to this task mostly on a hunch. The growth must have originated at a specific point...

As she examined the bunched-up plants node-to-node, flower-to-flower, perhaps it was the distance, but she hadn't realized she wasn't exactly alone...
    Last edited by grampagen; 06-09-2021 at 11:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    As soon as Boris left, Jinny considered who would be the first one she would need to talk to. Noticing Vivian had just arrived and was piling her plate with enough meat to feed all the lions in the Bronx zoo, she decided to wait. Instead, she took her own plate from the end of the buffet and chose a more balanced yet simple meal. Others would be arriving eventually, there should be enough time to talk to them once everyone was seated.
    Anyone who John hasn't spoken to yet, anyone who has seated themselves to dinner, Jinny approached them to inform them, one-on-one, about the meeting in the garden. Between herself, John, and Boris, the word should spread to most if not all of the siblings by the end of the evening meal.
    Last edited by Tami; 06-10-2021 at 08:43 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Boris looks around the mansion for one of his siblings who weren't in the dining room. ( Okay, I'm looking around as Jinny asked. I haven't found any of our siblings yet,) Boris thought.

( Hmm I wonder where Jamie is,) Boris thought.
    Jamie walked silently in the garden, deep in thought after everything they learned during the will-reading. It was a lot to take in, and the weight of what was expected of them was like having a mountain placed on her shoulders. Not to mention the countless blades and gun pointed at them, the wielders wanting nothing more than to learn about the information they have and then kill them.

She wasn't sure what they were going to do, or how they were going to survive and succeed where even the great Johannes Joestar failed.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Jamie walked silently in the garden, deep in thought after everything they learned during the will-reading. It was a lot to take in, and the weight of what was expected of them was like having a mountain placed on her shoulders. Not to mention the countless blades and gun pointed at them, the wielders wanting nothing more than to learn about the information they have and then kill them.

She wasn't sure what they were going to do, or how they were going to survive and succeed where even the great Johannes Joestar failed.
    Boris' search takes him to the garden, where he spots Jamie. " Jamie, there you are. I have urgent news to tell you it's from Derba. She wants all our siblings to meet her here at this garden by midnight for an important discussion," Boris said.

Boris then gets closes and whispers in Jamie's right ear." I caught Derba and Domo having a conversation, but I could only hear Derba. I heard her say that Hironobu ignored the attack last night," Boris whispered.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post

Boris' search takes him to the garden, where he spots Jamie. " Jamie, there you are. I have urgent news to tell you it's from Derba. She wants all our siblings to meet her here at this garden by midnight for an important discussion," Boris said.

Boris then gets closes and whispers in Jamie's right ear." I caught Derba and Domo having a conversation, but I could only hear Derba. I heard her say that Hironobu ignored the attack last night," Boris whispered.
    "Take that bullshit somewhere else," Sandra groused, annoyed that her alone time was suddenly interrupted by two of her "siblings". "Can't even smoke in peace without one of you dickheads popping up out of the aether."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Miguel was wondering what the others were doing, as he sat in the library, waiting for the set of magician's trinkets and baubles he ordered to arrive. A pair of headphones rested on his ears, dolling out music from his playlist. He didn't mean to tune out anyone, but the headphones were old. Anything other than max volume would be inaudible. Could he have gotten a new cheap pair at some point, sure but these were a gift from his mom from long ago, during hard times. It wasn't something he just wanted to toss away.

"Hopefully, nothing else important is happening tonight..." he idly noted, grabbing a book from the shelf behind him and beginning to read it's contents.

"Take that bullshit somewhere else," Sandra groused, annoyed that her alone time was suddenly interrupted by two of her "siblings". "Can't even smoke in peace without one of you dickheads popping up out of the aether."
    It's not bullshit. It's what Derba said. So be here by midnight, or don't. if you believe that Hironobu was an ulterior motive, then you will be here at midnight," Boris said.

Boris then leaves the garden and goes off to search for another one of his siblings.
    My Forum check it out

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

It's not bullshit. It's what Derba said. So be here by midnight, or don't. if you believe that Hironobu was an ulterior motive, then you will be here at midnight," Boris said.

Boris then leaves the garden and goes off to search for another one of his siblings.
    "I'm already here, stupid."

Whatever. She knew that there was something seriously wrong with Hironobu the minute he started stripping in the steakhouse. Sure, he was only showing his tattoo... birthmark... whatever, but still. Something about him tripped her warning bells, and she may have been right.

She took a swig of the bottle that was sitting beside her. Where did it come from? Who knew, but it was there and she was drinking. All was good for the time being, at least until the rest of the get-along gang decided to show up for that mysterious meeting Debra cobbled together.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Vivian had a lot to think about, and not even food could distract her from it. Returning to Salem so soon...

It was almost insulting.

As hard as she'd fought to escape the Weald... it was already drawing her back in. Moonchild probably knew, and was more than likely terribly amused. As voracious as the fucking flora that bitch, but not for meat. None that could bd stripped from the bone at any rate.

"... and what do you think, Ghost Puppy?" Vivian asked, idly picking at a slice of bacon. "Find it all terribly amusing too?" She waited longer than was reasonable to wait for an egg to respond, before chuckling to herself softly. "Yea... yea." With no answers forthcoming, the suffering of her return to Salem would be shelved for something more immediately concerning.

That fucking dossier.

She hadn't expected it, or the money... but she had both now, and more troublesome than the money was the fact that she had a record at all. What even would it be? Could it be. The Weald had given her all she knew. No parents to remember relying on. Nothing but the fucking Weald...

"In for a penny, in for the pain."

One of her coffee cups vanished, the contents and seemingly the ceramic cup itself consumed by the Witch.

And then, carefully.. she flipped her dossier open.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

( Well, that's two down,) Boris thought. Boris arrives at the library, where he spots, Miguel. Boris then goes over to Miguel and sits beside him.
    My Forum check it out

( Well, that's two down,) Boris thought. Boris arrives at the library, where he spots, Miguel. Boris then goes over to Miguel and sits beside him.
    Miguel sped through the pages of his book, a history of various automobiles throughout the world, when he noticed something from the corner of his eye. Lowering the book slightly, he saw it was Boris. Guess...he had something to say? Raising one of the headphones above his ear, he inquired, "Uh, you need something bro? ...This isn't about your uncle, is it?"

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Vivian had a lot to think about, and not even food could distract her from it. Returning to Salem so soon...

It was almost insulting.

As hard as she'd fought to escape the Weald... it was already drawing her back in. Moonchild probably knew, and was more than likely terribly amused. As voracious as the fucking flora that bitch, but not for meat. None that could bd stripped from the bone at any rate.

"... and what do you think, Ghost Puppy?" Vivian asked, idly picking at a slice of bacon. "Find it all terribly amusing too?" She waited longer than was reasonable to wait for an egg to respond, before chuckling to herself softly. "Yea... yea." With no answers forthcoming, the suffering of her return to Salem would be shelved for something more immediately concerning.

That fucking dossier.

She hadn't expected it, or the money... but she had both now, and more troublesome than the money was the fact that she had a record at all. What even would it be? Could it be. The Weald had given her all she knew. No parents to remember relying on. Nothing but the fucking Weald...

"In for a penny, in for the pain."

One of her coffee cups vanished, the contents and seemingly the ceramic cup itself consumed by the Witch.

And then, carefully.. she flipped her dossier open.
    Coming up from behind, then sidestepping to be next to her so that they could see each other, Jinny made her pitch, "Vivian, Debra wants to speak to all of us tonight around midnight. It might be in your best interest to join the rest of us there."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

The leaves rustles as they shifted on the vine, the spiraling tendrils unspooling and wrapping themselves in a series. Leaning into the hedge-come-flowerbed, Suzie slowly pried a section of the foliage apart. Manicured by a team of four gardners and the man itself and it's still like a tangled bramble!

She'd picked a relatively sequestered section to examine, and while baby's breath weren't quite as eyecatching as Debra's prized daffodils, she'd still feel the worst for it.

Pausing, she exhaled from her nose sharply. Amid her black hair and clothes, white petals, pollen, and pale young undergrowth began to stick to her. Ugh...all his to find the main stem...

She was rather hoping she could somehow pick up the origin point of the original planting by eye, but where one plant ended and began in here was impossible to tell, so she had to go deeper. Sighing, she resigned herself to pry open a section roughly and...

...well, if the regrowth was as perpetual and rapid as Johannes had recorded, it would only hurt the aesthetic for a moment, she'd hoped.

There, deep in the hedge, she'd found something, a part of the growth that seemed quite unlike the others in make and colour. It was too big, rough and coarse to be creeper vine; it was more like the bark of an old tree. And it was still out of reach.

"...keep a finger upon it,「Jigsaw Feeling」, I want to know where it leads."

The Stand obeyed, its long, shadowed fingers seeming to slip past the floral arrangement entirely, a phantom projection existing simultaneously beside and within the world of the corporeal...but in its wake, the air seemed to grow heavier, and the shadows welled under the setting sun.

"I'm already here, stupid."

Whatever. She knew that there was something seriously wrong with Hironobu the minute he started stripping in the steakhouse. Sure, he was only showing his tattoo... birthmark... whatever, but still. Something about him tripped her warning bells, and she may have been right.

She took a swig of the bottle that was sitting beside her. Where did it come from? Who knew, but it was there and she was drinking. All was good for the time being, at least until the rest of the get-along gang decided to show up for that mysterious meeting Debra cobbled together.
    Perhaps it was the light and the day's end, or the vintage was particularly stiff, but from her seat on the bench, Sandra could see a spot of darkness that seemed to crop up over the flower hedges every so often, followed by a sound, like steel scratching against stone below.

It was far away at first, but as the slow minutes passed by, the noise seemed to draw nearer, the darkness thicker, and the foliage upon the hedges began to shift and rustle wildly...