Page 25 of 108 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

No liquor and no cigarettes, stuck in the middle of who-the-****-knew-where with a group of strangers who, along with her, just barely survived getting murdered by a deranged cowboy and his two weirdo friends. Sandra had had quite a few fucked up days, but that one took top marks. What was worse, her bag was still on the bus. She had been fortunate to have slipped her phone in her jacket pocket, but other than that and her knives, she had nothing but the clothes on her back.

The entire ordeal left her feeling weak in the knees. She had guns pointed in her face, among other unsavory acts of villainy, but never anything like that. It was fucking supernatural. Driving up the side of a fucking building wasn't fucking normal! It wasn't possible!

She let out a shaky breath and ran a hand through her hair. When a cigarette stub fell out, she raised an eyebrow but gave it no thought. "I need a drink. A stiff one." The only way off the building was the stairs. That meant having to talk to those fucking cops that were for sure congregating on the ground. ****. The last thing she wanted was to talk to the police. She hated them. Had far too many run-ins with the law to give a **** what some pig had to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Vivan made sure her hat was properly positioned, before attempting to light a cigarette... only for her fingers to fail to produce a spark. "... damn." It took a lot out of her, [Witchcraft]; though perhaps that would help her in figuring out where she needed to go from here. So she turned to Debra in all her post-vomit glory.

"Where's the nearest place to get a bite to eat?"
    She lifted her head slightly and noticed that one weird woman trying to... light a cigarette with her finger.

Sandra supposed she wasn't the only one taking **** hard.

"Light?" she said, offering her lighter.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    "We need to get those treated as soon as we can." John commented aloud.
    "Yes, but I need to check if he's suffering from shock and do what I can to help him to ensure that he stays alive long enough to get to proper medical facilities. Getting down from here is going to take some time." Jamie replied.

She placed a hand on Boris' shoulder and gently pushed him to lay down as she said "Now, if you can understand, I need you to lay on your back while I lift your injured leg. Then I need to remove the leg of the pants - sorry - so I can see the wound, use something to cover and apply direct pressure to them, and possibly add a temporary dressing until we can get you to a hospital."
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    The landing on the roof was easier than she feared. As Jinny walked over to the edge of the roof to look over the edge, she moved her left arm only to find the effort accompanied by a sharp pain. "Oh, great." mumbling under her breath. With a sigh, she found some solace in that it didn't appear to be broken. Probably just a muscle or ligament tear from the jolt of grabbing the seat back earlier.

Keeping her arm to her side, she carefully looked out over the edge of the building, wanting to find out where they were and what was awaiting them down below.
    It looked like an apartment building, and from what she could tell there were already people gathered down below. A building this tall must be in a city, at least that is what she assumed. Looking around, Jinny tried to find anything to identify which urban area they ended up in.
    Last edited by Tami; 01-22-2021 at 06:14 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Jamie was shocked for a moment from the rather sudden hug, but that shock left as quickly as it came and her arms reached around Debra to return the hug. Enjoying the feeling of being safe and hugged, Jamie allowed her eyes to close as she allowed herself to relax in the feelings.

"It's OK mom. You just made a mistake, and he obviously hid himself quite well." Jamie murmured, then with a sigh pulled away from her as she said "Now, I need to see how the others are doing." Seeing Boris and his twin bleeding gunshot wounds, she added "Starting with Boris."

Moving over to the dwarfism-afflicted man, Jamie looked him in the eye and gently touching his hand to search for any signs of shock as she asked "Boris, how are you feeling? Any injuries... Well, besides the gunshot wounds to the leg, obviously?"
    "Yes, but I need to check if he's suffering from shock and do what I can to help him to ensure that he stays alive long enough to get to proper medical facilities. Getting down from here is going to take some time." Jamie replied.

She placed a hand on Boris' shoulder and gently pushed him to lay down as she said "Now, if you can understand, I need you to lay on your back while I lift your injured leg. Then I need to remove the leg of the pants - sorry - so I can see the wound, use something to cover and apply direct pressure to them, and possibly add a temporary dressing until we can get you to a hospital."

Not wanting to be a man to show any sign of weakness. Boris just crosses his arms and huffs." I'm fine, but this flesh wound on my right leg needs medical attention." Boris said as he attempts to hide the sharp pain he's feeling in his right leg.

Boris then does as instructed and lays on his back.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 01-22-2021 at 05:05 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Vivan made sure her hat was properly positioned, before attempting to light a cigarette... only for her fingers to fail to produce a spark. "... damn." It took a lot out of her, [Witchcraft]; though perhaps that would help her in figuring out where she needed to go from here. So she turned to Debra in all her post-vomit glory.

"Where's the nearest place to get a bite to eat?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "..." Debra stared at Vivian for a moment, a short awkward stare before replying, "... why would I know? I don't even know where we are."
    Vivian sucked on her cheek for a second before shrugging. "... got a point there. Guess we should figure it out, yea?" Standing on the rooftop of wherever they were, the woman tried to get a sense of their surroundings.
    Though there was quite a bit to unpack with everything that happened over the past... hour or so, the mention of food pretty much made nearly everything else fall by the wayside.

"Food does sound nice right about now, doesn't it?" Gula said as she too began to try to figure out exactly where they were, nursing the eye that she'd been given when an invisible something not unlike a fist had struck her hard enough to force her off the bus during her attempt to pull the quiet one of the two off with her with one hand as she used the other to see if she could get something useful out of her phone. "Hopefully, I can get a signal wherever here turns out to be, but if not I can at least pull up some maps and figure out the closest food joint from here based off any landmarks or- failing that- street names."

After spending a moment trying, but ultimately failing to open the bruised eye, she let it remain closed and added, "not that I I'm up to actually seeing either too well at the moment."
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Not wanting to be a man to show any sign of weakness. Boris just crosses his arms and huffs." I'm fine, but this flesh wound on my right leg needs medical attention." Boris said as he attempts to hide the sharp pain he's feeling in his right leg.

Boris then does as instructed and lays on his back.
    Smiling comfortingly to Boris, Jamie lifted his right leg to hold the twin wounds above his heart to hopefully slow the blood loss. Holding the leg with one hand, she reached into her backpack and retrieved a pair of small scissors, which she used to carefully cut one side of his pants leg, letting the cut cloth open to reveal the gunshot wounds.

Setting the scissors aside, she then pulled out a couple of the t-shirts she'd pack in the bag, and letting the leg rest on her own leg to keep it elevated, she pressed the shirts firmly against the bullet holes, frowning slightly as she watched the two now-ruined shirts begin soaking up the blood escaping the wounds.

With a nod, Jamie asked "Has anyone managed to call the proper authorities, or at least an ambulance?"
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

It looked like an apartment building, and from what she could tell there were already people gathered down below. A building this tall must be in a city, at least that is what she assumed. Looking around, Jinny tried to find anything to identify which urban area they ended up in.
    Looking out, Jinny found that despite the height of the building, the town they were in was practically a slightly bigger four-stop town. A few old-town official-looking buildings could be seen going eastward of the main traffic light while small stores and other establishments were westward.

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    Though there was quite a bit to unpack with everything that happened over the past... hour or so, the mention of food pretty much made nearly everything else fall by the wayside.

"Food does sound nice right about now, doesn't it?" Gula said as she too began to try to figure out exactly where they were, nursing the eye that she'd been given when an invisible something not unlike a fist had struck her hard enough to force her off the bus during her attempt to pull the quiet one of the two off with her with one hand as she used the other to see if she could get something useful out of her phone. "Hopefully, I can get a signal wherever here turns out to be, but if not I can at least pull up some maps and figure out the closest food joint from here based off any landmarks or- failing that- street names."

After spending a moment trying, but ultimately failing to open the bruised eye, she let it remain closed and added, "not that I I'm up to actually seeing either too well at the moment."
    From what she could see from her GPS, they were in a middle of a nowhere town called Driftwood whose only purpose for existing was supporting a nearby correctional facility.

With a nod, Jamie asked "Has anyone managed to call the proper authorities, or at least an ambulance?"
    It seemed as if Debra was already on it, her phone placed to her ear. Walking away from the group the beginnings of a conversation could be heard but would require paying attention to catch any details.

Returning back to the group, "Well, at least there is signs of civilization down below." Jinny then added, "A small shopping area, the usual."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Where they landed, Suzie hardly stirred, and the phantom clung behind her like a shadow.

As she sat there, hugging her knees in the middle of the rooftop, she'd hoped it would eventually part from her side.

Maybe if I hold still, it'll go away...

The August heat was fell fully on her. At this height it the light that fell over the old American heartland was more intense than ever. Yet the dark cloud that clung to her would not pass. Neither, it seems, did it so much as cast a shadow, or stir notice despite itself.

...why am I here...? The others - she was not yet quite content to call them siblings - seemed to be gathering their way together. After all, who wouldn't be out of sorts following all that?

...the Joestar Estate...I've got to get there...

Slowly she stood up, and absently paced about, idly looking for a way down; rooftop access, a fire escape, anything.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Where they landed, Suzie hardly stirred, and the phantom clung behind her like a shadow.

As she sat there, hugging her knees in the middle of the rooftop, she'd hoped it would eventually part from her side.

Maybe if I hold still, it'll go away...

The August heat was fell fully on her. At this height it the light that fell over the old American heartland was more intense than ever. Yet the dark cloud that clung to her would not pass. Neither, it seems, did it so much as cast a shadow, or stir notice despite itself.

...why am I here...? The others - she was not yet quite content to call them siblings - seemed to be gathering their way together. After all, who wouldn't be out of sorts following all that?

...the Joestar Estate...I've got to get there...

Slowly she stood up, and absently paced about, idly looking for a way down; rooftop access, a fire escape, anything.
    Suzie had a few options when it came to descent, with the most obvious being the rooftop access door just opposite of the group. The closest option was an old fire escape for whom the word "rickety" and "lockjaw" would do it little justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Suzie had a few options when it came to descent, with the most obvious being the rooftop access door just opposite of the group. The closest option was an old fire escape for whom the word "rickety" and "lockjaw" would do it little justice.
    Following the off-white remains what appeared to once have been some kind of regulatory indicator, she found herself close to the building's edge and what appeared to be little more than corrugated scaffolding.

"...bloody rights it wouldn't be suit to function..." she murmured. Yet the trackmarks that Toby Keith's bus and that hideous thing that bore it left its mark on the opposite side of the building. It was a long way down...

Swiftly, she made her way to the rooftop access, and without a word, made an attempt at it.

Smiling comfortingly to Boris, Jamie lifted his right leg to hold the twin wounds above his heart to hopefully slow the blood loss. Holding the leg with one hand, she reached into her backpack and retrieved a pair of small scissors, which she used to carefully cut one side of his pants leg, letting the cut cloth open to reveal the gunshot wounds.

Setting the scissors aside, she then pulled out a couple of the t-shirts she'd pack in the bag, and letting the leg rest on her own leg to keep it elevated, she pressed the shirts firmly against the bullet holes, frowning slightly as she watched the two now-ruined shirts begin soaking up the blood escaping the wounds.

" Getting shot in the leg twice by a punk is embarrassing for me. An Ex-member of the Ukrainian mafia, If it was for the crazy bullshit that happen on that bus, I would her tore those punks apart," Boris said.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " Getting shot in the leg twice by a punk is embarrassing for me. An Ex-member of the Ukrainian mafia, If it was for the crazy bullshit that happen on that bus, I would her tore those punks apart," Boris said.
    "That's... good to know, Boris." Jamie replied awkwardly, not sure to how to respond to that. Deciding to try to change the subject, Jamie asked "So, I heard you talking about your mother. Is she a nice woman?"
    - C.S. Lewis

Retired Overlord

Lucy landed on the rooftop just ahead of Suzie but behind the others, which was somewhat fortunate or she'd had to have explained how managed to defy the laws of gravity just a few moments prior...or how the latter was still defying it for several moments before landing herself. Something had picked her up mid jump and deemed to treat her to a softer landing....that something being the shadow that seemed to take its time delivering the other to the ground.

There had been another shadow in the bus, behind George....whispered its unveiled threat even as the two made their escape.

Two Shadows in one day.

Lucy was physically safe for the moment, but mentally it was as if the air in her lungs were being driven out. She clutched at the false safety provided by her guitar case, eyes shut, gasping in heavy labored breaths as her lungs burned with the ghost of some long buried trauma. A Glass box, a blood stained bed, children row on row, a number, a hundred arms extending from a grinning white clothed shadow, silted eyes staring up from the depths.

The girl doubled over and coughed as if she were expelling some foul grime from her lungs, lasting for several seconds before she could properly stabilize herself. Slowly....she pushed herself up off the ground.

They were on a roof top....the bus had already vanished over the side. In the distance she could hear the feint sound of sirens, likely the police that had chased them as far as building. Assuming they didn't follow the bus down the opposite side....no doubt someone would be up here soon to check. The weight of the case in her arms suddenly became more defined.

She needed to get out of there...

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    No liquor and no cigarettes, stuck in the middle of who-the-****-knew-where with a group of strangers who, along with her, just barely survived getting murdered by a deranged cowboy and his two weirdo friends. Sandra had had quite a few fucked up days, but that one took top marks. What was worse, her bag was still on the bus. She had been fortunate to have slipped her phone in her jacket pocket, but other than that and her knives, she had nothing but the clothes on her back.

The entire ordeal left her feeling weak in the knees. She had guns pointed in her face, among other unsavory acts of villainy, but never anything like that. It was fucking supernatural. Driving up the side of a fucking building wasn't fucking normal! It wasn't possible!

She let out a shaky breath and ran a hand through her hair. When a cigarette stub fell out, she raised an eyebrow but gave it no thought. "I need a drink. A stiff one." The only way off the building was the stairs. That meant having to talk to those fucking cops that were for sure congregating on the ground. ****. The last thing she wanted was to talk to the police. She hated them. Had far too many run-ins with the law to give a **** what some pig had to say.

She lifted her head slightly and noticed that one weird woman trying to... light a cigarette with her finger.

Sandra supposed she wasn't the only one taking **** hard.

"Light?" she said, offering her lighter.
    Lighting up quickly, Vivian handed the lighter back. "Thanks. Magic's on the fritz."

Returning back to the group, "Well, at least there is signs of civilization down below." Jinny then added, "A small shopping area, the usual."
    "Means there's food."

With that, Vivian made her way to the door.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan