Page 59 of 108 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "Yes, but only after the fact. Obtaining your records was the hardest challenge and those responsible... took a good hit. That is a story for another time, however."
    Her tone and expression now more serious, even a bit more grim, than before, "I think we all should be given a chance to see what information you have on us as well as sharing all of the information that you have on Mr. Joestar."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Her tone and expression now more serious, even a bit more grim, than before, "I think we all should be given a chance to see what information you have on us as well as sharing all of the information that you have on Mr. Joestar."
    "The only information available about your father is what he wanted you to see. Anything else simply doesn't exist. As for your own records, sure. After the reading, you all will be given a chance to look through, keep, or destroy any and all records your father had of you."

" I do suspect people in my home country do have different thoughts and different beliefs, but expressing them would be pointless. As they don't matter, in Ukraine, life is defined by what the Ukrainian Mafia dictates. It doesn't matter what a person in my home country believes, only what the Ukrainian Mafia wants them to believe," Boris said.

" No one in my country is going to stand up against them because what's the point. Anyone foolish enough to stand up to the Ukrainian Mafia would just be crush. The best course of action to getting out under the Ukrainian Mafia's thumb is leaving Ukraine. Ukraine will never be out from under their thumb, Boris said.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    "Anyone foolish enough to stand up to the Ukrainian Mafia would just be crush..."
    "Except Russia," Hironobu said, throwing out a retort.

"The only information available about your father is what he wanted you to see. Anything else simply doesn't exist. As for your own records, sure. After the reading, you all will be given a chance to look through, keep, or destroy any and all records your father had of you."
    "Is pops some kinda spy or something?" Miguel chimed in. "I know he's loaded and all, but just where does one guy, even a rich one, get all the resources for this cover ops ****?"

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Is pops some kinda spy or something?" Miguel chimed in. "I know he's loaded and all, but just where does one guy, even a rich one, get all the resources for this cover ops ****?"
    "Do your schools not teach you? Your father discovered cures for several diseases and developed effective treatments for others. The Speedwagon Foundation was built upon the back of those discoveries."

Hironobu sighed, annoyed.

"Do your schools not teach you? Your father discovered cures for several diseases and developed effective treatments for others. The Speedwagon Foundation was built upon the back of those discoveries."

Leaning back in her seat while trying to get comfortable, Jinny found herself looking at Hironobu as if trying to figure him out. If she wasn't still tired, achy, and hungry, she might have responded to his somewhat arrogant statement. As it was, she decided that it wasn't worth it. She could only hope that, this time, they actually make it to the estate and finally get this over with.

"School?" Vivian asked. "You mean that thing over in Europe? Yea no, didn't get any of that up in Salem."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

"Nah, never finished," Sandra said while shrugging. "Didn't learn anything worthwhile anyway."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"There's nothing I can currently tell you to ease your concerns at this moment," He admitted, "Mr. Joestar stated that he wished to tell you himself, which he will during the reading."

"Indeed, I do, although unlike Miss Jinghu earlier, mine is not one summoned so casually."
    Sighing lightly, Suzie clicked black-painted nails over the aluminium cup as she nodded listlessly.

"...suppose I shall find what we've all been searching for when we get there," she said, resignation in her voice, "If you can bring us to some answers about...father, and how all these spirits play into this, I'd be grateful to hear them."

Yet with the uneasiness in her voice twisting in her words, though she did not speak against their current course where the long car rolled along, it was clear that she was hardly comfortable with their circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Yes, I am a dick. Speak plainly, we'll get along better if you do." Vivian replied. "Might also do better if you didn't sound like a fanatic... but let's work on that first bit. Don't care what you call me or think. All I care about is surviving through the reading. Closing this... chapter might be all I need to divest myself of t-"

Suzie speaking cut her off, but at least it dovetailed nicely.

"Different association for the same thing," she said with a shrug. "Stand. Ghost Puppy. Curse... whatever you wanna call it, all I see is red flags and the need for Witchcraft." Runt had caught her out at the bar of course... wasn't a catch-all, magic.

"No altercation at the bar. Just a woman who didn't know what she was doing, but doing it anyway. Now Miguel's got a Ghost Puppy." Poor boy. He could barely afford a sandwich. How was he gonna afford ectoplasmic dogfood.
    "I...see," Suzie replied, her voice shrinking to a graven whisper as she somehow hung her head lower, "To Hironobu-san, it's a manifestation of the spirit, but if it was put upon Miguel by this woman, then perhaps they are a kind of curse. I'd been seeing phantoms lingering on the bus and I suspect one has been fast at my side since I'd taken ill with a fever a week ago."

Drawing her tired eyes up, she slowly palmed her hair from her sight.

"...I'm sorry, but ever since we'd come to Driftwood, it's been a dreadful fright. Whatever's taken sight of it, whoever knows it's there, it's like they don't even see anything else."

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    "I scientist never assumes they know the absolute truth. They simply strive to learn whatever they can."

John shrugged, "Encountering it first hand doesn't change the terminology. As for danger, I can't deny that stands are dangerous, but there is no better cure for danger than knowledge"
    "...and what I'm trying to tell you isn't a matter of semantics. It's like having a Stand means to be caught at the root intersection of some secret, terrifying world..."

"Except Russia," Hironobu said, throwing out a retort.
    " Screw The Russians, Ukraine doesn't need their help, they would just start another big gang war. I distaste the thought of The Russians trying to siege power over Ukraine. My home country wouldn't be any better if the Russians were in control," Boris said in a cynical tone.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " Screw The Russians, Ukraine doesn't need their help, they would just start another big gang war. I distaste the thought of The Russians trying to siege power over Ukraine. My home country wouldn't be any better if the Russians were in control," Boris said in a cynical tone.
    He let out a long sigh, any pleasure he might have gotten from his retort lost as it went over Boris' short, short head.

"You know what? You keep doing you."

He let out a long sigh, any pleasure he might have gotten from his retort lost as it went over Boris' short, short head.

"You know what? You keep doing you."
    "You never did answer my question." Jinny leaned forward just enough to be sitting upright, "Do you have a Stand of your own?"

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "You never did answer my question." Jinny leaned forward just enough to be sitting upright, "Do you have a Stand of your own?"
    "I did... by answering Miss Suzie's question earlier. "

"I did... by answering Miss Suzie's question earlier. "
    "I....must have been distracted," Jinny spoke softly, then thought back over the conversations, trying to remember what he said.
    Last edited by Tami; 03-04-2021 at 01:01 PM.