Page 11 of 108 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Lucy Tensed. The words couldn't be heard clear enough to hear everything, but the word plan was clear.....

It certainly could be something fairly innocent, perhaps a simple discussion of what they planned to do later....
    No....assumptions are the poison of a cautious mind, she could leave nothing to chance....not in her position.

She moved in closer and attempted to carefully open the bathroom door, just enough to not be noticed but enough to hear more clearly what was being said.
    While it was originally difficult to hear from the conversations outside, Boris's confession had created enough silence for Lucy to hear a bit of the two's conversation from that point.

"Don't tell me you're getting cold feet after this far?"

"Don't worry about me!"

"**** man, you're acting like some rookie. Quaking in your boots because of one old stiff."

"Shut it! You know that type of thing freaks me out!"

"Bruh, calm down. The old ****'s already buried. Didn't you hear the ball and chain earlier?"

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    While it was originally difficult to hear from the conversations outside, Boris's confession had created enough silence for Lucy to hear a bit of the two's conversation from that point.
    Lucy lifted her head back, tilted it curiously and then spoke quietly.

"Oh....its just some idiots."

Her personal fear of being targeting fell to the wayside....clearly these two were just a pair of thugs looking to score from a dead mans pocket. Any threat worth her time wouldn't be bickering in a public bathroom over nerves.

Her immediate observations concluded, Lucy slipped back from the bathrooms, leaving the two to their plotting. This time her objective was the large group that had gathered with the others from the truck....the ones claiming to be looking for her and the others of her "famly". Given the surprisingly large number of people gathered it seemed they were just magnets for conmen.

".....excuse me..." Lucy quietly announced. "...you said you were looking for joestars for the will reading? Is that correct?"

Lucy lifted her head back, tilted it curiously and then spoke quietly.

"Oh....its just some idiots."

Her personal fear of being targeting fell to the wayside....clearly these two were just a pair of thugs looking to score from a dead mans pocket. Any threat worth her time wouldn't be bickering in a public bathroom over nerves.

Her immediate observations concluded, Lucy slipped back from the bathrooms, leaving the two to their plotting. This time her objective was the large group that had gathered with the others from the truck....the ones claiming to be looking for her and the others of her "famly". Given the surprisingly large number of people gathered it seemed they were just magnets for conmen.

".....excuse me..." Lucy quietly announced. "...you said you were looking for joestars for the will reading? Is that correct?"
    Toby tipped his hat in greeting "Yes ma'am. You another one of his runts?"

"Runts?", Jinny rolled her eyes upon hearing Toby use that word, but otherwise remained silent. The quieter this place became, the more it started to unnerve her.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Retired Overlord

"If I said yes..." Lucy ignored the runt comment, instead answering his question with one of her own. "...do you require something to prove it? All I have is my guitar and a letter." The girl motioned to the case on her shoulder. "....and I'd rather not take it out unless I need to. I've been traveling for awhile..."

Jamie frowned at the word 'runts', but didn't remark on it, not wanting to upset the driver and possibly start a fight. Instead she reached into her backpack and retrieved a book, hoping to read and avoid possible fights until they started to move.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Boris grinds his teeth. Boris then grabs hold of his axe giving, Toby a cold stare. " What did you just call me?" Boris said in anger at hearing the word runts.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Boris grinds his teeth. Boris then grabs hold of his axe giving, Toby a cold stare. " What did you just call me?" Boris said in anger at hearing the word runts.
    "Oh-ho... well I wasn't talkin' to you but you're definitely the runtiest of the runts."

"Enough!" Debra snapped, "Look... let's just... get on the bus so we can get where we're going and get this over with..." By the time she was finished with her sentence, Debra's weariness was palpable. Almost on cue, the last two passengers had exited the bathroom; one was a punkish looking man with a mohawk while the other was messy-looking youth wearing a much too baggy hoodie.

"Well, it's about time ya two. Thought the lot lizards might have gotten to ya, hah!" Laughing to himself, Toby dismissed his previous goal of aggravating Boris and stepped outside to his bus.

"Oh-ho... well I wasn't talkin' to you but you're definitely the runtiest of the runts."

"Enough!" Debra snapped, "Look... let's just... get on the bus so we can get where we're going and get this over with..." By the time she was finished with her sentence, Debra's weariness was palpable. Almost on cue, the last two passengers had exited the bathroom; one was a punkish looking man with a mohawk while the other was messy-looking youth wearing a much too baggy hoodie.

"Well, it's about time ya two. Thought the lot lizards might have gotten to ya, hah!" Laughing to himself, Toby dismissed his previous goal of aggravating Boris and stepped outside to his bus.
    "Why that guy, I'll kill him. Doesn't he know calling someone with dwarfism a runt is highly offensive!" Boris said.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

"Why that guy, I'll kill him. Doesn't he know calling someone with dwarfism a runt is highly offensive!" Boris said.
    Jamie returned her book to her backpack and stood, heading toward the door. As she did, she turned to Boris and said with a smile "Please don't let his words get to you."
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

"You're a Joestar, too?" Gula asked, resisting the urge (for now) to resume the line of questioning from earlier. "Wow, that's crazy! I mean, I've heard some rather salacious stories from my aunt, but I didn't pay them any mind even when investigators looking into them all but confirmed they were true. But being in the same room with eleven of your half-siblings and their collective stepmother... well, that's an experience no amount of report readings can really prepare you for."
    This signature intentionally left blank.

"I agree." Jinny stood up again and took hold of her suitcase, "Lets' calm down and get on the bus. Everything else can be dealt with later."

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Jamie returned her book to her backpack and stood, heading toward the door. As she did, she turned to Boris and said with a smile "Please don't let his words get to you."
    Boris calms down." Yeah, I don't want to get riled up and start a scene. Guy, should count himself lucky I usually end up killing people who make fun of my size. Mainly because I often go berserk," Boris said.

Boris then grabs his roller suit case and heads towards the door.
    My Forum check it out

Boris calms down." Yeah, I don't want to get riled up and start a scene. Guy, should count himself lucky I usually end up killing people who make fun of my size. Mainly because I often go berserk," Boris said.

Boris then grabs his roller suit case and heads towards the door.
    As Jinny watched Boris leave the bus stop cafe, she couldn't help but think her thoughts out loud, "He's kidding, right?"

Finished with her eggs, Vivian burped appreciatively before shambling towards the doors for a post snack cigarette.

She wasn't sure where that reporter had gone, or why there were so many people standing around in the Truck Stop, but that didn't really matter. Surely one of them would know what to do, when the time to ship out for that reading came around.

"... wonder what the man even left me."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan