Page 38 of 108 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "Knock it off!" The bear-like grunt of the barkeep resonated through the grill like a thunderbolt, "I'll kick both of you out if you start this pissing contest."

The woman merely shrugged and took a seat at a corner booth.
    "I'll turn her into a newt first." Vivian muttered to no one in particular before sipping in silence... Until

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "I dunno..." Miguel shrugged, taking the last few bites of his burger. "I don't see the point in pickin' fights with random strangers." He turned to the woman who had entered the grill. "Sorry 'bout that, maam! She says the first thing that comes to mind, you see! Consider it rude, if you must, but it's just her nature!" he shrugged jovially, wiping his face clean.

"
    "For a Magician you sure are dense. Must just have quick hands." Vivian grumbled underneath her oversized hat. "Can't even sense it can you? Literally rollin' off of her in waves." Though it was weird, something was telling Vivian this wasn't like those weirdos on the Bus; but that would be weird, and for some reason the thought seemed to visibly upset her.

"..."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

"You must not be from around here," The woman said, "It seems me and "Southern Hospitality" don't get along."
    "Oh yeah, I'm from a ways away," Miguel nodded. "Shame about that, though. How long have you lived here, if you don't mind me asking?"

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "For a Magician you sure are dense. Must just have quick hands." Vivian grumbled underneath her oversized hat. "Can't even sense it can you? Literally rollin' off of her in waves." Though it was weird, something was telling Vivian this wasn't like those weirdos on the Bus; but that would be weird, and for some reason the thought seemed to visibly upset her.

"..."
    Turning aside to whisper back to his sibling, Miguel frowned. "Sense what?" he asked in a puzzled tone. "Her perfume? What's your beef with her?"

Initially, the dog tensed up, a low growl rumbling from his chest, however, he eventually relaxed.

Not relaxed for either to attempt a pet, but enough to turn back to the elevator and paw at the door.
    Jamie smiled as she noticed the dog relax slightly, but that smile fell as she watched him paw anxiously at the elevator door.

"What's the matter boy? Do you want or need to go somewhere in the hospital with the elevator?" Jamie asked, looking from the door to the dog.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Once sedated, the doctor begins the process of removing the bullets from Boris' leg. Despite the prolonged aggravation since the wounds were inflicted, the operation seems to go off without a hitch. Boris was lucky to be a durable as he was, the doctor would later state in debriefing the man. Those gunshots could have easier crippled the limb, but this time he got away with mere flesh wounds. Prescribed antibiotics and plenty of rest, Boris would be given the option of crutches or a wheelchair for movement, as the staff were quite persistent that he keep any weight off of the limb.

Most, fortunately, was the fact that he wouldn't be subjected to the old USA's health care system. His inheritance might have covered it.

Released from the staff's care, Boris would be left to either wait for the others who had accompanied him there, head into town, or go to the grill.
    Boris gets in a wheelchair," So Doc, how long is it going to take for my right leg to heal?" As he waits for the others, who accompanied him to the hospital.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Turning aside to whisper back to his sibling, Miguel frowned. "Sense what?" he asked in a puzzled tone. "Her perfume? What's your beef with her?"
    Vivian pinched the bridge of her nose. It really made one wonder why they bothered. "Magic."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

[Jinny: WIL 01]
    Despite her attempts to reset her heart rate, panic was starting to set in, reflecting itself as her art was rushed and sloppy compared to her usual results.

"Do you know why your blood pressure rises? It's a reaction to overwhelming stress, the increased blood circulation triggers the production of blood sugar in order to give you the boost of energy you'll need to either flee from danger or fight for survival. The question is..."

Making a finger gun, the child pointed the "barrel" at Jinny.

"... which will you pick? It's always so interesting to see the results."

By this point, Jinny's heart was beating like a hammer in the forge upon a piece of steel and the veins in her head started to throb. Her body was screaming that she had to choose. [Would she stay and fight or leave in flight?]
    Tearing the page from her pad, then dropping the art pad and pencil onto the floor, Jinny gripped the twisted, abstract, grotesque image in her hand tightly. Looking to John with an angry, pained expression, she then staggered towards the 'girl', cursing "Pok Gai [仆街]" as she kept staggering forward.
    Last edited by Tami; 02-01-2021 at 09:18 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Initially, the dog tensed up, a low growl rumbling from his chest, however, he eventually relaxed.

Not relaxed for either to attempt a pet, but enough to turn back to the elevator and paw at the door.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Jamie smiled as she noticed the dog relax slightly, but that smile fell as she watched him paw anxiously at the elevator door.

"What's the matter boy? Do you want or need to go somewhere in the hospital with the elevator?" Jamie asked, looking from the door to the dog.
    Suzie's approach slowly sidled around the Rottie. His broad shoulders shook as he growled, and she tensed up. Soon it seemed that her hunch - at least in part - was correct. He was looking for somebody.

"...he's a large lad, but he hasn't hurt anyone," she said to Jamie. "Suppose so long as he doesn't pounce on a a ward bed, he'll be alright."

The dog pawed at the elevator door, indicating either he'd been here before, or perhaps he was following the last hints of a scent; With that, Suzie called the lift, and surveyed the number of floor levels the hospital actually had.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Vivian pinched the bridge of her nose. It really made one wonder why they bothered. "Magic."
    "So...she's like you?" Miguel looked from the woman to Vivian and back. "Well, you're...mostly alright, aren't you? I don't really get 'real' magic, but she seems fine. Why worry?" he shrugged.

"So...she's like you?" Miguel looked from the woman to Vivian and back. "Well, you're...mostly alright, aren't you? I don't really get 'real' magic, but she seems fine. Why worry?" he shrugged.
    Vivian simply stared. "This town ain't big 'nuff fur the two of us."

Arx Inosaan

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Suzie's approach slowly sidled around the Rottie. His broad shoulders shook as he growled, and she tensed up. Soon it seemed that her hunch - at least in part - was correct. He was looking for somebody.

"...he's a large lad, but he hasn't hurt anyone," she said to Jamie. "Suppose so long as he doesn't pounce on a a ward bed, he'll be alright."

The dog pawed at the elevator door, indicating either he'd been here before, or perhaps he was following the last hints of a scent; With that, Suzie called the lift, and surveyed the number of floor levels the hospital actually had.
    "What are you two doing." A curious voice rose from the rear, one familiar enough to Suzie but slightly less so to Jamie. Despite not having seen even a sign of being trailed, the two turned and found the Joestar families second(or was it third) strangest child.(That we know of)

"I saw you running after a dog and decided to see what all the interest was about..." Lucy tilted her head curiously in the direction of the dog pawing away at the door, then lowered herself onto one knee and started rooting around her bag a moment before pulling out a piece of her prized possession.

Partly ABC Jerky....that had clearly seen a lot of nibbling over the course of......who even knows how long.

"Here....doggie...." Lucy extended the piece of jerky.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Tearing the page from her pad, then dropping the art pad and pencil onto the floor, Jinny gripped the twisted, abstract, grotesque image in her hand tightly. Looking to John with an angry, pained expression, she then staggered towards the 'girl', cursing "Pok Gai [仆街]" as she kept staggering forward.
    Despite her earlier demands for them to leave, the girl was pleased to see Jinny approach.

"Can't you feel it? That boiling cauldron of hate within you? The incubator of life within a life... the slippage of the mask that is "you"; the revelation of your true self."

She began to giggle, "It never ceases to amaze me..."

Time seemed to slow for Jinny as her senses heightened and for just a moment, she would see the shadows shift as the silhouette of a creature approached quickly. Another unseen impact struck her, this time accompanied by the sensation of a liquid spilling forth. Had the attack drawn blood?

No, Jinny would find that it was... paint?

Flowing and shifting, the living paint coalesced into a humanoid form.

"How beautiful..." The girl seemed almost enraptured by her handiwork, and for the first time, Jinny could see the "unknown force" for what it truly was.

Resembling a small primate, the creature's hands and head were encased by a thick metal, the top of the latter topped by crown-like vanes.

"It's a shame that a newborn must die, but you will not survive my「Coal Chamber」."
    Last edited by Yun Lao; 02-02-2021 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Boris gets in a wheelchair," So Doc, how long is it going to take for my right leg to heal?" As he waits for the others, who accompanied him to the hospital.
    The doctor informed him that while the flesh wounds would probably be fully healed in about a week, it would take much longer for his right leg to return to normalcy.

It was only shortly after Boris returned to the waiting room that he would notice the commotion of a dog running through, followed by Suzie and Jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "What are you two doing." A curious voice rose from the rear, one familiar enough to Suzie but slightly less so to Jamie. Despite not having seen even a sign of being trailed, the two turned and found the Joestar families second(or was it third) strangest child.(That we know of)

"I saw you running after a dog and decided to see what all the interest was about..." Lucy tilted her head curiously in the direction of the dog pawing away at the door, then lowered herself onto one knee and started rooting around her bag a moment before pulling out a piece of her prized possession.

Partly ABC Jerky....that had clearly seen a lot of nibbling over the course of......who even knows how long.

"Here....doggie...." Lucy extended the piece of jerky.
    The dog kept clear of Lucy's treat, not so much out of caution as it was too preoccupied by the elevator once Suzie called it. Having been at the utmost top floor, the lcd display ticked down from 5 until it reached them, metal doors parting.

Bounding into the elevator, the hound launched itself onto its hind feet and slapped the number 2 button with its large paw. Plopping back down on all fours, he gave out a short bark and why he could have been indicating anything, it really seemed like he was telling them to get on.

"Oh yeah, I'm from a ways away," Miguel nodded. "Shame about that, though. How long have you lived here, if you don't mind me asking?"
    She smiled a bit before patting the seat across from her, "Here. I will show you something good."

The doctor informed him that while the flesh wounds would probably be fully healed in about a week, it would take much longer for his right leg to return to normalcy.

It was only shortly after Boris returned to the waiting room that he would notice the commotion of a dog running through, followed by Suzie and Jamie.

( Weird, why would anyone bother to chase after a dog. It's a dog, Probably a stray just looking for scrapes of food,) Boris thought.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.