Page 4 of 108 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Magic, huh?" Miguel stated, idly glancing above him as a fly hovered above him and landed on a wall in the truck stop, presumably to have a taste at something strwen across the wall at some point in time.

It fell to the ground dead seconds later. "...there's, uh, there's something special about it, that's for sure."
    "Like the Weald... disjointed from time." The woman replied, cryptically. "Lose your footing, loose your focus. Paves the way for hocus pocus. Of course, if there's one thing I've learned its how little folks tend to focus on anything." Holding out her hand, Miguel would see that the burger was already gone. Just a crumpled wrapper and the bun.

"See?"

"Oh, you too?" Miguel shook his head. "In the end, I guess that's what we're all here for. Kinda wild to think about. All these people being related to this Joestar dude. How you related to him?"
    She waved dismissively at the question. "I'm just here for the reading."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Accepting food without compensation is no better then taking it by force....I have already impeded on the charity of others today and I..

*Guuurrrrrlllll*

"...I will not yield..."

*GUURURRRRLLLL*

Nothing but left over rations and animal meat for 3 weeks....and that was when she was lucky. The chicken looked far better then any of the meat she had eaten on the journey here, if a bit on the unhealthy side........and there was still no gaurretee this was not a trap of some kind.

*GUUUUURRR~*

Lucy took the chicken and reduced it to bone in mere seconds, in a fit of executed speed eating that came dreadfully close to taking the bone with it.

Wiping a single bit of grease from the side of her lip, Lucy burped loudly and then cleared her throat. "I'll not accept this as a handout....just a down payment on future services."
    "
    "That is your choice" John said with a shrug, before returning to eat the rest of his chicken

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Sipping carefully from the bottle so as to not cause her body to go into shock, Jamie sighed in near-ecstasy at the feeling of the cold water going down her throat as she answered "Thank you ma'am, I really appreciate this."

After a few more sips from the bottle, Jamie answered her by saying "I was on my way to a funeral and will-reading, and decided to save money from the airport by sharing a ride with some strangers. Unfortunately, I didn't really know the strangers, and they were a group of people with... bad opinions, and one of them got a little too touchy-feely for comfort. So after a while, I decided it was better to walk through several miles through a Texas summer than stay in that car."

"If you don't mind me asking, you wouldn't happen to know if there's any way to get the Joestar mansion, would you?" Jamie asked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    On one hand, Carla could understand why Jamie would rather walk, although it was pretty foolish to hike several miles in 107 (42°C) degree weather.

"I'm sorry to hear that you've been through so much. If you're heading to the Joestar mansion, then you're at the right place... I suppose." Apparently, there had been some organizing if all of them had arrived here, but she definitely didn't want anything to do with their travel agent, "Many of the folk here are here for the same."
    Sandra had been minding her own business, but couldn't help but catch snippets of the conversations going on around her. Several people were there for a funeral, just like she was. She had gotten a letter in the mail - somehow - that told her that dear old dad passed away. She had to travel for the funeral and the reading of the will. If it wasn't for the lone prospect of her getting her inheritance, she would have blown the entire thing off.

That son of a bitch Joestar was the entire reason her life was in complete shambles. She wished she had been there when he died so she could make sure her disgust was the very last thing he encountered in that mortal coil. Ah well. She would just have to disrespect his memory at every possible opportunity.

She turned her attention to where the two women were talking. "Going to see Joestar one last time before they dump him in a hole, huh? Small fucking world. Don't tell me he's your father, too."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

On one hand, Carla could understand why Jamie would rather walk, although it was pretty foolish to hike several miles in 107 (42°C) degree weather.

"I'm sorry to hear that you've been through so much. If you're heading to the Joestar mansion, then you're at the right place... I suppose." Apparently, there had been some organizing if all of them had arrived here, but she definitely didn't want anything to do with their travel agent, "Many of the folk here are here for the same."
    "Oh! As a matter of fact I am. I received a letter from the Joestar estate that I was summoned there for a funeral and will reading. And I had a few days off from the hospital, so I decided to I might as well go." Jamie answered with a shrug.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sandra had been minding her own business, but couldn't help but catch snippets of the conversations going on around her. Several people were there for a funeral, just like she was. She had gotten a letter in the mail - somehow - that told her that dear old dad passed away. She had to travel for the funeral and the reading of the will. If it wasn't for the lone prospect of her getting her inheritance, she would have blown the entire thing off.

That son of a bitch Joestar was the entire reason her life was in complete shambles. She wished she had been there when he died so she could make sure her disgust was the very last thing he encountered in that mortal coil. Ah well. She would just have to disrespect his memory at every possible opportunity.

She turned her attention to where the two women were talking. "Going to see Joestar one last time before they dump him in a hole, huh? Small fucking world. Don't tell me he's your father, too."
    "We-well, I wouldn't say it exactly like that. And the letter I got from Johannes Joestar's estate stated that he was my father." Jamie answered, then blinked as her mind registered the rest of the woman's words.

"Y-you're his daughter too? Then that means you're my sister?" Jamie asked, eyes widening as a smile crossed her face.

"It's such a pleasure to meet one of my siblings so soon! My name is Jamie Valentine!" Jamie greeted her happily.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Like the Weald... disjointed from time." The woman replied, cryptically. "Lose your footing, loose your focus. Paves the way for hocus pocus. Of course, if there's one thing I've learned its how little folks tend to focus on anything." Holding out her hand, Miguel would see that the burger was already gone. Just a crumpled wrapper and the bun.

"See?"
    "...Like the what?!" Miguel questioned, as if that was the strangest thing that just happened before his very eyes. Unless she took some huge bites between him blinking, that burger just vamoosed. Like...well, magic.

She waved dismissively at the question. "I'm just here for the reading."
    "Huh, well okay then. You might just be the odd one out...so to speak," Miguel nodded. "One more thing though. The way you made that burger vanish... You a magician too? Is the whole uh, answer a question with something that raises more questions thing a part of your act?"

"We-well, I wouldn't say it exactly like that. And the letter I got from Johannes Joestar's estate stated that he was my father." Jamie answered, then blinked as her mind registered the rest of the woman's words.

"Y-you're his daughter too? Then that means you're my sister?" Jamie asked, eyes widening as a smile crossed her face.

"It's such a pleasure to meet one of my siblings so soon! My name is Jamie Valentine!" Jamie greeted her happily.
    Something didn't register with her until this girl, Jamie, said something. These bastards were her siblings. There were already... eight there, all chatting and realizing they were related the most uncanny way. This son of a bitch really couldn't keep her pecker in his pants, could he? She felt the urge to spit in disgust, but refrained. She wasn't uncouth.

"Guten tag, schwester," she greeted with a notably more reserved expression than Jamie. "My name's Sandra Johansson."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

"Accepting food without compensation is no better then taking it by force....I have already impeded on the charity of others today and I..

*Guuurrrrrlllll*

"...I will not yield..."

*GUURURRRRLLLL*

Nothing but left over rations and animal meat for 3 weeks....and that was when she was lucky. The chicken looked far better then any of the meat she had eaten on the journey here, if a bit on the unhealthy side........and there was still no gaurretee this was not a trap of some kind.

*GUUUUURRR~*

Lucy took the chicken and reduced it to bone in mere seconds, in a fit of executed speed eating that came dreadfully close to taking the bone with it.

Wiping a single bit of grease from the side of her lip, Lucy burped loudly and then cleared her throat. "I'll not accept this as a handout....just a down payment on future services."
    The incessant warcry of life's ancient archnemesis were beginning to be as ruinous to Gula's mood...

Lucy waved her hands in displeasure. "No its fine....I really shouldn't..." The smell of eggs and bacon hit her like a semi. "....I really...uhh....what a bother..."
    ...as the crier's constant attempts to deny offers of sustenance were to her appetite.

Nancy didn't say anything but they could feel it. Each request was a burden placed upon her fragile soul, straining her sanity to its very limits while she continued to crack more and more eggs, covering the stove top with an ocean of egg yolks.
    Seeing that the cook looks to be occupied with other orders at the moment...

Setting her fork and knife down atop the most recent pile of (shockingly clean) dishes, Gula takes a moment or so to stand - struggling briefly as her legs immediately balked at the idea of having to suddenly support a load after the extensive eating exposition. A quick look at herself, the room, and finally her presumed- and quickly confirmed- destination, and then she was in motion - making note of yet otherwise ignoring everyone and everything between her and the esurient one.

They could wait- and would- until the hunger was dealt with.

"So to sum things up," Gula began to ask once she was within reach of the other, "you want food but can't pay for it, and accepting it without cost is... bad, for some reason? Is that right?"
    Last edited by Noldere; 12-30-2020 at 06:48 AM.
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Something didn't register with her until this girl, Jamie, said something. These bastards were her siblings. There were already... eight there, all chatting and realizing they were related the most uncanny way. This son of a bitch really couldn't keep her pecker in his pants, could he? She felt the urge to spit in disgust, but refrained. She wasn't uncouth.

"Guten tag, schwester," she greeted with a notably more reserved expression than Jamie. "My name's Sandra Johansson."
    "As I said, its a real pleasure to meet one of my new siblings so soon!" Jamie said with a smile. However, her smile fell as she asked "So... have you ever met with our father Mr. Joestar yet, Sandra? I wish I could have known of him before he passed, unfortunately my mom never spoke of my birth father. And I can't really ask her now because... well, we haven't spoken in about 4 years."
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "...Like the what?!" Miguel questioned, as if that was the strangest thing that just happened before his very eyes. Unless she took some huge bites between him blinking, that burger just vamoosed. Like...well, magic.

"Huh, well okay then. You might just be the odd one out...so to speak," Miguel nodded. "One more thing though. The way you made that burger vanish... You a magician too? Is the whole uh, answer a question with something that raises more questions thing a part of your act?"
    "The Weald?" It took a moment, but it seemed to register that not everyone came from up North. "The Forests up north."

Guess it made sense, siblings not knowing much about each other... but she couldn't help but be disappointed when the guy asked point blank if she was some sort of street corner trickster by implying she had some sort of 'act'. Didn't take pride in much, but magic? It was all she had to be truly proud of. "Never been up to my neck of the woods, have you?" A snap of the fingers, and the crumpled up wad of greasy wrapping went up in smoke.

"Meteors changed things. People. I don't trick people outta pocket change."
    Last edited by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh; 12-30-2020 at 12:49 AM.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

"Can't say I know him personally," Lenny said, "He used to live in the next town over. Brought a lot of business here which is probably why a dump like this is still open. 'Sides that, I only know as much as the newspapers tell me."
    Suzie nodded, once, perhaps a bit overlong as she lift her head groggily. Seemed she was getting closer after all. Yet with a handful of the more vocal travelers speaking about some funeral visitation, she found little, if any relief in this knowledge. Combined with the gossip mill that had sprouted around Mr. Johannes Joestar, it felt as if she'd set foot in a rippling puddle. Oh, bother.

"...seems a right upstanding man," she mused, though the words seemed to leave her with an air of distant insincerity, "Wonder what he's involved in, if he's got this many friends come to visit, like?"

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    "Well I prefer my tea homemade, so when will this Nancy get back?" Boris said. Boris then checks inside his suit case. " Okay nothing's been damaged," Boris said.

Boris then eyes the Main Cashier." I'll give you a warn, don't even attempt to look in my suitcase. If you do you be swimming with the fishes, understand?" Already have to deal with a enough people trying to look into my suitcase," Boris said.

" Carry around a axe and a suitcase, and every Tom, Dick and Jane is suspicious of you," Boris said.
    "You threatenin' me, boy? Look, I don't give a damn about your suitcase, but if you're gonna start trouble then you're gonna find out what happens when that axe meets a 12 gauge."
    Suzie swiveled her head back to see who Lenny was talking to and found her confused for a moment, but when her glimpse swerved down, she start a bit. Small, but with a face far too hardened and old for a child, the axe bundled with the length of luggage that was almost as large as he was elicit little more than a hollow click on the inside of her cheek as she stood there to the side, stupefied.

Nobody asked, but he was prepped to scrap. It couldn't have been nothing if he was so defensive.

Slowly, silently, Suzie peeled herself away from one counter and shuffled over to the next once the dining stall had been restaffed.

"Regret... no. That would require being able to choose one's fate." Rising to her feet, Nancy exhausted her last cigarette. Crouching down, she took a moment to collect every single one of her cigarette butts and deposit them into the nearby trash can, "Don't mess with Texas..." She muttered, referring to the anti-littering road sign a little ways from the bus stop.

Walking in, Nancy's blackened, shriveled soul groaned a bit as she saw the amount of people within. Lenny, his face red and patience worn then, quickly shouted out, "Nancy! You some orders! Cook all the eggs and bacon in the freezer." The absurdity struck her like the dying twitch of an animal and she began to croak out, "But it's one twen--... oh..." Midway through her complaint, her tired eyes fell upon the sign that stated [Breakfast All Day!]. "All riiight" She said with a sigh, her monotone thick as she prepped the stove top.
    "...don't suppose I could trouble you for a cuppa," she said, before catching herself, "...coffee, I mean. Plain, medium..."

If this was the kind of company she was going to be falling in with, then she'd need to stay alert. For now she decided it'd be best not to attract ire or attention.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Slowly, silently, Suzie peeled herself away from one counter and shuffled over to the next once the dining stall had been restaffed.

"...don't suppose I could trouble you for a cuppa," she said, before catching herself, "...coffee, I mean. Plain, medium..."

If this was the kind of company she was going to be falling in with, then she'd need to stay alert. For now she decided it'd be best not to attract ire or attention.
    Nancy glanced up, her eyes emotionless voids as her hands continued to crack more and more eggs. By this point, the sheer mass of poultry was threatening to pour over the sides of the stovetop.

"... I'll be with you shortly." She said, voice lacking anything other than the bland grayness of monotone.

"As I said, its a real pleasure to meet one of my new siblings so soon!" Jamie said with a smile. However, her smile fell as she asked "So... have you ever met with our father Mr. Joestar yet, Sandra? I wish I could have known of him before he passed, unfortunately my mom never spoke of my birth father. And I can't really ask her now because... well, we haven't spoken in about 4 years."
    "Nein," she said nonchalantly. "Didn't even know he existed until a few years ago. Had no desire to meet that piece of ****."

She huffed out a sigh and set her feet down on the ground so she could slide out of the booth. Jamie was a centimeter taller, but looked a lot slender. They were probably the same size, but girl had no **** at all. Slim hips, too. It was for the best. There was nothing grosser than wanting to bang a woman who she had only just then found out was her half sister. Sandra felt it safe to assume all the women there, except Nancy and the old grandma, were her sisters.

Good.

The sooner she came to terms with that, the better.

"You never met him? Good. Someone like that, who just shoves his dick in any and every hole, isn't someone worth anyone's time." She shrugged. "Besides, it wasn't like he gave a **** about you. All these years and it takes him dying before you even learn he existed. Psh, **** him."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "The Weald?" It took a moment, but it seemed to register that not everyone came from up North. "The Forests up north."
    "Ahhh, I see," Miguel nodded in acknowledgement. In truth he had only sort of saw. She had mentioend something about it being...disjointed in time? Not sure he entirely knew what that was about, but he didn't feel the need to pry to much lest it lead to further confusion.

Guess it made sense, siblings not knowing much about each other... but she couldn't help but be disappointed when the guy asked point blank if she was some sort of street corner trickster by implying she had some sort of 'act'. Didn't take pride in much, but magic? It was all she had to be truly proud of. "Never been up to my neck of the woods, have you?" A snap of the fingers, and the crumpled up wad of greasy wrapping went up in smoke.

"Meteors changed things. People. I don't trick people outta pocket change."
    "Pffft," Miguel scoffed. "If I cared that much about the money, I wouldn't be hear scrounging in my pockets for change. Being a magician's all about being FLASHY!" he snapped, a bouquet of flowers seemingly appearing in his hand with a bright flash. "SHOWMANSHIP!" he continued, pulling a cloth out of his pocket and covering the bouquet with it. Pulling it away the bundle of flowers vanished. "Of course those were just simple spur of the moment tricks! The best magic shows involve subterfuge...puzzles of the mind! I've put a lot of time into honing my craft...Kinda how I ended up in this country in the first place."

"Nein," she said nonchalantly. "Didn't even know he existed until a few years ago. Had no desire to meet that piece of ****."

She huffed out a sigh and set her feet down on the ground so she could slide out of the booth. Jamie was a centimeter taller, but looked a lot slender. They were probably the same size, but girl had no **** at all. Slim hips, too. It was for the best. There was nothing grosser than wanting to bang a woman who she had only just then found out was her half sister. Sandra felt it safe to assume all the women there, except Nancy and the old grandma, were her sisters.

Good.

The sooner she came to terms with that, the better.

"You never met him? Good. Someone like that, who just shoves his dick in any and every hole, isn't someone worth anyone's time." She shrugged. "Besides, it wasn't like he gave a **** about you. All these years and it takes him dying before you even learn he existed. Psh, **** him."
    Jamie sighed sadly as she said "I know you're probably right, but I always liked to think that maybe he had a good reason for why he didn't contact me in all this time. Like he was busy with something important for the sake of the world. But learning he had more than one kid he didn't interact with..."

With a huff Jamie shook her head, taking another sip from her bottle of water before a smile once again graced her face as she asked "But enough about such sour topics. Why don't we get to know more about each other? Like, what do you do for a living?"
    - C.S. Lewis

"Oh! As a matter of fact I am. I received a letter from the Joestar estate that I was summoned there for a funeral and will reading. And I had a few days off from the hospital, so I decided to I might as well go." Jamie answered with a shrug.

"In less than an hour I go from an only child, to the von Trapp family. Though maybe I'm being too kind with that comparison." Jinny smiled, "Jamie Valentine, that's a pretty name."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.