Page 5 of 108 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "Can't say I know him personally," Lenny said, "He used to live in the next town over. Brought a lot of business here which is probably why a dump like this is still open. 'Sides that, I only know as much as the newspapers tell me."

"You threatenin' me, boy? Look, I don't give a damn about your suitcase, but if you're gonna start trouble then you're gonna find out what happens when that axe meets a 12 gauge."

"Regret... no. That would require being able to choose one's fate." Rising to her feet, Nancy exhausted her last cigarette. Crouching down, she took a moment to collect every single one of her cigarette butts and deposit them into the nearby trash can, "Don't mess with Texas..." She muttered, referring to the anti-littering road sign a little ways from the bus stop.

Walking in, Nancy's blackened, shriveled soul groaned a bit as she saw the amount of people within. Lenny, his face red and patience worn then, quickly shouted out, "Nancy! You some orders! Cook all the eggs and bacon in the freezer." The absurdity struck her like the dying twitch of an animal and she began to croak out, "But it's one twen--... oh..." Midway through her complaint, her tired eyes fell upon the sign that stated [Breakfast All Day!]. "All riiight" She said with a sigh, her monotone thick as she prepped the stove top.
    " I'm not starting trouble. That's just a front, a bluff to keep others from looking in my suitcase. I got a letter in the mail to attend a funeral for Johannes Montgomery Joestar. My mother Anastasiya and great uncle knew of this man," Boris said.

" Supposedly, This guy is and was my father, and my great uncle had beef with him," Boris said.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Ahhh, I see," Miguel nodded in acknowledgement. In truth he had only sort of saw. She had mentioend something about it being...disjointed in time? Not sure he entirely knew what that was about, but he didn't feel the need to pry to much lest it lead to further confusion.

"Pffft," Miguel scoffed. "If I cared that much about the money, I wouldn't be hear scrounging in my pockets for change. Being a magician's all about being FLASHY!" he snapped, a bouquet of flowers seemingly appearing in his hand with a bright flash. "SHOWMANSHIP!" he continued, pulling a cloth out of his pocket and covering the bouquet with it. Pulling it away the bundle of flowers vanished. "Of course those were just simple spur of the moment tricks! The best magic shows involve subterfuge...puzzles of the mind! I've put a lot of time into honing my craft...Kinda how I ended up in this country in the first place."
    Vivian stared.

Only for her hand to quickly clamp down over her mouth to suppress a guffaw." HAHARK--" This guy, her step brother? Was a magician.

Oh geeze.

It took a moment to put it back in the bottle, her giggles, but when she finally managed it she offered Miguel an almost apologetic smile. "I believe we're talking about two different things. Magic, and Sleight of Hand..."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Jamie sighed sadly as she said "I know you're probably right, but I always liked to think that maybe he had a good reason for why he didn't contact me in all this time. Like he was busy with something important for the sake of the world. But learning he had more than one kid he didn't interact with..."

With a huff Jamie shook her head, taking another sip from her bottle of water before a smile once again graced her face as she asked "But enough about such sour topics. Why don't we get to know more about each other? Like, what do you do for a living?"
    Ah ****, Sandra groused mentally. She hadn't anticipated having to make small talk, much less having to start with that ****.

"Ah...," she started before trailing off. It wasn't like she didn't have a job. But, the jobs she did have were... less than savory. She did what she had to do to make money, but it wasn't something she wanted to admit. Ever.

She shrugged. "Don't ask questions you won't like the answer to. Lots of... unsavory **** out there in the world that people like me get up to." She shrugged again. "Tell me about yourself instead. You look like a nice woman."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Ah ****, Sandra groused mentally. She hadn't anticipated having to make small talk, much less having to start with that ****.

"Ah...," she started before trailing off. It wasn't like she didn't have a job. But, the jobs she did have were... less than savory. She did what she had to do to make money, but it wasn't something she wanted to admit. Ever.

She shrugged. "Don't ask questions you won't like the answer to."
    Jamie blinked at the reply, but shook off the uncomfortable air that it caused and replied "Oh... OK. But if you're interested, I'm a registered nurse."

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "In less than an hour I go from an only child, to the von Trapp family. Though maybe I'm being too kind with that comparison." Jinny smiled, "Jamie Valentine, that's a pretty name."
    Jamie smiled as she said "Thank you! I'm quite fond of my name as well. And I can't say I have the same feeling in that regard, because I wasn't an only child before this. In fact, I had two stepsisters before..." her smile fell slightly as she said "Before my family disowned me."
    Last edited by The Dog; 12-30-2020 at 01:59 PM.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Jamie smiled as she said "Thank you! I'm quite fond of my name as well. And I can't say I have the same feeling in that regard, because I wasn't an only child before this. In fact, I had two stepsisters before..." her smile fell slightly as she said "Before my family disowned me."
    Clearly taken aback by this revelation, Jinny wasn't sure how to respond. "You appear to be holding up well."

Jamie blinked at the reply, but shook off the uncomfortable air that it caused and replied "Oh... OK. But if you're interested, I'm a registered nurse."
    "A registered Nurse? That is impressive. Do you work in a hospital or private practice?"
    Last edited by Tami; 12-30-2020 at 02:09 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Vivian stared.

Only for her hand to quickly clamp down over her mouth to suppress a guffaw." HAHARK--" This guy, her step brother? Was a magician.

Oh geeze.

It took a moment to put it back in the bottle, her giggles, but when she finally managed it she offered Miguel an almost apologetic smile. "I believe we're talking about two different things. Magic, and Sleight of Hand..."
    "Isn't it all the same thing?" Miguel questioned, with a shrug. "It's more than just sleight of hand, though. Illusions, escapology...I could go on and on," Miguel said, before he sighed lamentably, "Of course many of those things would benefit from a bigger budget. Maybe some day..."

Clearly taken aback by this revelation, Jinny wasn't sure how to respond. "You appear to be holding up well."
    "Oh, it happened about 4 years ago, so I've had plenty of time to come to terms with it. Fortunately I had friends to help me through it all after it happened." Jamie answered.

"A registered Nurse? That is impressive. Do you work in a hospital or private practice?"
    "I work at a local hospital where I live. Luckily I had a few days off so I could come here for this. Also, I'm hoping someone can explain the strange star-shaped mark that appeared on the back of neck recently. None of my coworkers can explain it, and its not melanoma or another kind of growth."
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

"Oh, it happened about 4 years ago, so I've had plenty of time to come to terms with it. Fortunately I had friends to help me through it all after it happened." Jamie answered.

"I work at a local hospital where I live. Luckily I had a few days off so I could come here for this. Also, I'm hoping someone can explain the strange star-shaped mark that appeared on the back of neck recently. None of my coworkers can explain it, and its not melanoma or another kind of growth."
    "May I see it?" as she spoke, she stood up from her seat.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

A nurse, huh? That was a good, honorable profession. Far more than someone like Sandra was capable of. "Good ****, good ****. Bet you've helped save a few lives, huh?" She grinned and elbowed her lightly in the arm.

In the middle of Sandra's conversation, someone else butted in. And... didn't acknowledge her at all and instead decided to talk to Jamie.

Weird. Clearly, bitchy **** syndrome ran in at least a few branches of their merry little family.

Whatever.

Sandra was a bitchy ****, too.

"That's fucked up," Sandra commented to Jamie before giving Jinny a pointed, expectant look.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    A nurse, huh? That was a good, honorable profession. Far more than someone like Sandra was capable of. "Good ****, good ****. Bet you've helped save a few lives, huh?" She grinned and elbowed her lightly in the arm.
    "A few. But real-life medical work isn't anywhere as exciting as you see on those TV shows. It's mostly dealing with moms worrying about their kid's case of the sniffles and people making a big deal out of some minor illness or injury. But it's honest work, and I enjoy helping people either way." Jamie answered with a smile, gently elbowing her back as well.

In the middle of Sandra's conversation, someone else butted in. And... didn't acknowledge her at all and instead decided to talk to Jamie.

Weird. Clearly, bitchy **** syndrome ran in at least a few branches of their merry little family.

Whatever.

Sandra was a bitchy ****, too.

"That's fucked up," Sandra commented to Jamie before giving Jinny a pointed, expectant look.
    "Yeah, but what's done is done, and the best I can do is acquiesce to their wishes." Jamie replied with a sigh.

"May I see it?" as she spoke, she stood up from her seat.
    "Of course you can! Maybe you can explain what exactly it is." Jamie said, turning her to Jinny and moving the collar of her t-shirt enough to reveal the star-shaped mark adorning the back of her left shoulder near her neck.
    Last edited by The Dog; 12-30-2020 at 03:06 PM.
    - C.S. Lewis

"A few. But real-life medical work isn't anywhere as exciting as you see on those TV shows. It's mostly dealing with moms worrying about their kid's case of the sniffles and people making a big deal out of some minor illness or injury. But it's honest work, and I enjoy helping people either way." Jamie answered with a smile, gently elbowing her back as well.

"Yeah, but what's done is done, and the best I can do is acquiesce to their wishes." Jamie replied with a sigh.

"Of course you can! Maybe you can explain what exactly it is." Jamie said, turning her to Jinny and moving the collar of her t-shirt enough to reveal the star-shaped mark adorning the back of her left shoulder near her neck.
    After taking a look at it, "I'm not sure I can explain it, only.." Jinny then reached behind her head and moved her ponytail over her shoulder. As she did, she turned to show Jamie the back of her own neck. A similar star was visible just above the neckline of her shirt.

"I might be able to help you with that."

It is unknown how long he had been seated there, reading his newspaper, but it was long enough for their conversation to catch his attention. Lowering the paper a young man with glasses reached into a pocket before withdrawing a small envelope.

"You're not the only one who has that same mark," He declared, producing three pictures depicting different people with the same marking.

"That star-shaped mark on your neck is the hereditary birthmark Joestar, which proves your relationship with Johannes Joestar."

After taking a look at it, "I'm not sure I can explain it, only.." Jinny then reached behind her head and moved her ponytail over her shoulder. As she did, she turned to show Jamie the back of her own neck. A similar star was visible just above the neckline of her shirt.
    "Oh! Did yours just recently appear on the back of your neck as well?" Jamie asked, then with a blush she said "Excuse my manners, but I don't believe I've gotten your name."

"I might be able to help you with that."

It is unknown how long he had been seated there, reading his newspaper, but it was long enough for their conversation to catch his attention. Lowering the paper a young man with glasses reached into a pocket before withdrawing a small envelope.

"You're not the only one who has that same mark," He declared, producing three pictures depicting different people with the same marking.

"That star-shaped mark on your neck is the hereditary birthmark Joestar, which proves your relationship with Johannes Joestar."
    "Birthmark? But like I just said, this 'birthmark' just appeared recently. I have pictures to prove that I never had it before. And I'm reasonably certain that you don't just spontaneously manifest hereditary birthmarks." Jamie replied.
    - C.S. Lewis

"Oh! Did yours just recently appear on the back of your neck as well?" Jamie asked, then with a blush she said "Excuse my manners, but I don't believe I've gotten your name."

"Birthmark? But like I just said, this 'birthmark' just appeared recently. I have pictures to prove that I never had it before. And I'm reasonably certain that you don't just spontaneously manifest hereditary birthmarks." Jamie replied.
    "Those same three said the exact same thing," The young man replied, "However, it is undeniable that something within the Joestar lineage produces those birthmarks."

Letting her hair fall behind her again as she turned to look at Jamie and the young man, "Jinny Wen." She then turned to the stranger, "You're not a journalist, are you? How did you get those images? Who are they?"

"I had assumed it was tied to after effects of a recent illness. Never thought it was some kind of birthmark."

"Those same three said the exact same thing," The young man replied, "However, it is undeniable that something within the Joestar lineage produces those birthmarks."
    "How do you know this?"