Page 51 of 108 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    By this time Suzie had gnawed upon the wax paper rim of the coffee cup so much, it had curled upward into a flat spout.

"...nothin' more than a hunch for the moment. This is all rather new information, but it stands to reason, don't it?" She shrugged as she took a sip. "All the same, it seems only a few know for sure."

One was behind the door of Room 214. They'd gone and flubbed the interview, demanding far too much of that poor man.

The others, as they already knew, were likely at the Joestar estate.

And so as she waited for Lucy, Suzie continued in her standoffish manner, waiting to summon up the nerve to try and talk to Weathermaker again.
    Jamie nodded, but frowned as Suzie grew quiet waiting Lucy. Deciding the conversation was over, she left her half-sister alone with her thoughts, heading to the waiting room with the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Arriving back down to the first floor waiting area, Jinny looks around. Finding the place evacuated, she takes a seat in the waiting area and rests.
    Taking a seat next to Jinny, Jamie sat in silence, deciding to let the injured woman dictate the necessity and topic of any conversation. Because right now, all Jamie could think to do was make awkward small talk with her, and Jamie didn't feel much like awkward small talk.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "Just like any other town. Located on the coastline, the town's central hub is three kilometers from the coast and rests fifteen meters above sea level. Last I checked, it still has a population of around 36,476. It is known for its beef tongue and miso pickles, mitsudango, and the wall eyes."

The kid sounded more like he was reading from the dictionary rather than describing his hometown, actually, he was. Having subtly taken out his cell phone, he had pulled up an article relating to it and was just reciting whatever he had read.
    "..." This guy was fucking weird. He told her things about his town, true, but... it didn't sound right. Nothing about this dude sounded right. He acted more like a robot than a human. If he was human, then he was the most emotionally stunted person she had ever come across; and she had been paid to spend nights watching men sob and cry like babies.

"O...kay." She decided to put him and his "humanity" to the test. "So, this... mitsudango, was it? Pretty good, I bet."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Jamie nodded, but frowned as Suzie grew quiet waiting Lucy. Deciding the conversation was over, she left her half-sister alone with her thoughts, heading to the waiting room with the others.

Taking a seat next to Jinny, Jamie sat in silence, deciding to let the injured woman dictate the necessity and topic of any conversation. Because right now, all Jamie could think to do was make awkward small talk with her, and Jamie didn't feel much like awkward small talk.
    "Looks like it's going to be a long wait, and I'm too tired to chase after shadows or people." Jinny sat up and looked at Jamie, "Aside from strangers trying to kill us, this seems like a nice enough hospital."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

"Looks like it's going to be a long wait, and I'm too tired to chase after shadows or people." Jinny sat up and looked at Jamie, "Aside from strangers trying to kill us, this seems like a nice enough hospital."
    "Yeah, it is. And I don't think strangers with invisible magic things should be used as a knock against this hospital." Jamie responded as they waited for a doctor to check out Jinny.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "..." This guy was fucking weird. He told her things about his town, true, but... it didn't sound right. Nothing about this dude sounded right. He acted more like a robot than a human. If he was human, then he was the most emotionally stunted person she had ever come across; and she had been paid to spend nights watching men sob and cry like babies.

"O...kay." She decided to put him and his "humanity" to the test. "So, this... mitsudango, was it? Pretty good, I bet."
    "I wouldn't know, I'm allergic to honey," He replied, leaving little elaboration that would soothe her concerns.

"Yeah, it is. And I don't think strangers with invisible magic things should be used as a knock against this hospital." Jamie responded as they waited for a doctor to check out Jinny.
    "From what Mr. Weathermaker said, they are commonly called Stands, and I'm not sure I buy the idea that they are magic." Jinny casually looked around, but couldn't find a trace of her companion, yet she felt it's presence even if she couldn't see it. "I think they are only invisible to anyone who doesn't yet have one of their own, though I'd hazard a guess that anyone who has had the Night Fever and felt like they were being watched has one, only they can't see it yet for some reason."

"From what Mr. Weathermaker said, they are commonly called Stands, and I'm not sure I buy the idea that they are magic." Jinny casually looked around, but couldn't find a trace of her companion, yet she felt it's presence even if she couldn't see it. "I think they are only invisible to anyone who doesn't yet have one of their own, though I'd hazard a guess that anyone who has had the Night Fever and felt like they were being watched has one, only they can't see it yet for some reason."
    Jamie frowned in thought, and after a few moments she asked "Do you have any idea how one would go about "getting" or "awakening" one of those Stands?"
    - C.S. Lewis

Jamie frowned in thought, and after a few moments she asked "Do you have any idea how one would go about "getting" or "awakening" one of those Stands?"
    Thinking back to the moment when [Genesis] first appeared, Jinny shook her head, "Honestly, I'm not sure. I think it might be different for everyone."

Arriving back down to the first floor waiting area, Jinny looks around. Finding the place evacuated, she takes a seat in the waiting area and rests.
    Boris position himself against a wall in the waiting area." Man I wish I had a safety pin to wear or a plate to smash. Could use some protection, cause the way things are going seems like a whole lot of bad luck," Boris said.

Boris lightly spits over his left shoulder, then knocks on his head three times.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Thinking back to the moment when [Genesis] first appeared, Jinny shook her head, "Honestly, I'm not sure. I think it might be different for everyone."
    "Oh." Jamie replied, then sighed as she said "I was hoping you knew how. I want to help protect my siblings, including you, or at least be able to see the threat toward them. Because I have a feeling we'll be seeing plenty more people with these Stands, most if not all of whom are under the employ of the O.S.S."
    - C.S. Lewis

"Oh." Jamie replied, then sighed as she said "I was hoping you knew how. I want to help protect my siblings, including you, or at least be able to see the threat toward them. Because I have a feeling we'll be seeing plenty more people with these Stands, most if not all of whom are under the employ of the O.S.S."
    "Or others, we still have no idea what we are up against, or what trouble our long long father has gotten us into." Jinny gave her a slight smile, "I'm sure that you will figure it out for yourself soon enough."
    Last edited by Tami; 02-16-2021 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Taking stock..." Lucy rose to her feet, popping the clip on handgun to take stock of her remaining ammo. She wasn't sure she fired more then once the entire incident, but still a click of her teeth more then told the story of her dwindling stocks. Slamming it back in a pulling the slide, Lucy put the weapon inside her clothes and turned to Suzie.

"If you want to talk with Weathermaker, I'll stay here until you your ready. A lone target is easily picked off....." Lucy leaned against the wall and adjusted her case. "But we should leave soon....for obvious reasons."
    Suzie sipped silently where she stood in the hall, watching as Lucy counted the magazines to the drip of the seized sprinklers above them.

"Noted them down the the bullet, have you?" Suddenly, Suzie tilt her head to the side, as if she'd wilted once she'd realized something in what she said.

"...Well if you could keep a lookout, I'd rather appreciate it," She continued, "This happened because they were after us. I don't want to get involved with the OSS, but we should at least make sure they can get out safely, right?"

After all, Sergeant Star and「Coal Chamber」were out only of sight. They'd got the drop on Lucy while she was ready. If they were after the Weathermaker family, there'd only be a handful here that could do much about that.

Exhaling softly, she swallowed the rest of her lukewarm liquid courage, and gently came rapping on door 214 once again.

"Mr Weathermaker? It's Suzie...," she started, then felt her chest seize with palpitation-jangled nerves. Ugh...come, now, coffee... "Just me...and one of my friends now."

A wave of exhaustion and not-quite-but-almost nausea suddenly struck her, and she leaned against the doorframe.

"I think we got off on the wrong track, yeah? I know it ain't much, but with everything that's happened, I'd rather not be any part in this. The truth is, we all came here looking for some answers before getting all mixed up in this..."

Sergeant Starr had her eye on them, traced them down to this ward... She shot a short glance at Lucy before she continued.

"Suppose the questions may've been a lot to take in. The lot of them as well as I are just as lost as you are. But I'm thinking Clutch wouldn't have gone looking for us if he didn't think we could help each other."

"Or others, we still have no idea what we are up against, or what trouble our long long father has gotten us into."
    "True. Who knew that coming to connect with previously unknown half-siblings and going to the reading of the will of my unknown birth father would cause us to get involved with things like invisible beings with supernatural powers and people targeting us because we're all apparently part of the Joestar clan?"
    - C.S. Lewis

Boris looks at Jinny and Jamie." Hey I don't supposed any of you two have a safety pin on you? I think we all could use safety pins, with the string of bad luck we been having, and we should avoiding whistling. That would just bring more bad luck. One way to get a ton of good luck is to have a bird poop on you," Boris said.

Boris then lightly spits over his left shoulder, then knocks on his head three times.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Boris looks at Jinny and Jamie." Hey I don't supposed any of you two have a safety pin on you? I think we all could use safety pins, with the string of bad luck we been having, and we should avoiding whistling. That would just bring more bad luck. One way to get a ton of good luck is to have a bird poop on you," Boris said.

Boris then lightly spits over his left shoulder, then knocks on his head three times.
    Jinny looks over at him with a mixture of bemusement and disbelief, "Luck is what you make of it, but sure I can understand being superstitious. Apparently my great-grandparents kept eight stalks of bamboo by their front door to ward off evil and bring good fortune."