Page 58 of 108 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Oh? And here I was starting to believe she wasn't born. That she just poofed into existence like some magical fairy." Smirking slightly at her teasing.
    Vivian blinked. "Who even are you?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "More than you could imagine. For example, I have a copy of Miss Vivian's birth certificate."
    Vivian blinked. "I don't even have that. How uh... how old am I?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Vivian blinked. "Who even are you?"
    "Just practicing being a big sister."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

"More than you could imagine. For example, I have a copy of Miss Vivian's birth certificate."
    "Which means you have a copy of my birth certificate..." Jamie said nervously, all thoughts of Stands gone at that. Because people often treated her differently when they learned of the information on that. And regardless of how they felt about it, they often asked uncomfortably personal questions.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

"Just practicing being a big sister."
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Vivian blinked. "I don't even have that. How uh... how old am I?"
    "Older than Miss Jinghu. If you wish, I will give you the original after the reading,"

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    "Which means you have a copy of my birth certificate..." Jamie said nervously, all thoughts of Stands gone at that. Because people often treated her differently when they learned of the information on that. And regardless of how they felt about it, they often asked uncomfortably personal questions.
    He nodded, leaving is at that.

"Older than Miss Jinghu. If you wish, I will give you the original after the reading,"
    "No like... a number." Vivian clarified. "I have no idea... and uh. No... you should probably hang onto it."

Arx Inosaan

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Sandra sighed. He had their birth certificates, which meant he probably had copies of other documents. "I want you to give me everything you have on me," she told him.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

He nodded, leaving is at that.
    "Huh, I would have figured that she was born after impact. Since I recently turned 27, that would make her, what, 28? 29? 30?"
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

"So you're the sole representation of an entire nation, Mister Kuvalda?" Hironobu said, mockingly, "Does each Ukrainian think the same thoughts, live the same life and believe the same outdated beliefs that you do? How egotistical."

"Huh, don't take what I say literary, I'm just going off Ukraine government statistics from a Ukraine government survey, Which I admit are skewed. I don't personally believe every Ukrainian such as myself shares the same beliefs. My beliefs were embedded in me by my mother, granduncle, and The Ukrainian Mafia. The Ukrainian Mafia runs the Ukraine government, so my home country's government surveys have a big chance of being skewed as hell," Boris said.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Extraordinary Member

"Both answers are wrong... and yet, they could be right." He let those words sink in a moment before continuing, "There are no facts about what stands are, only theories and superstitions. Some believe they are born of strong passions, others by a powerful fighting spirit, and then you have those who think they are derived from humans breathing in the ash left in Ocasek 678's wake. I have my own theory, of course, but this is hardly the place to discuss philosophy. Ultimately, what I am imploring you to take to heart is never assume you know the truth."
    "I scientist never assumes they know the absolute truth. They simply strive to learn whatever they can."

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "Endure..." Suzie mused, taking another slow sip of coffee. "I'm afraid I don't quite understand your meaning."

Despite the distance, her thoughts were still stuck in Driftwood, and her fingertips fidgeted nervously between one another.

"I feel like...I'd been strung along something I've no clue about. Just his name, Joestar, that was enough to turn heads away from us. They, whoever they are, the OSS or others, they know who we are, and they see us as targets. With what happened back there, they'd been wanting to get us, no matter who they'd have to go through to see it done."

The moment Hironobu-san had mentioned Stands, Suzie's eyes glazed, staring distantly as pangs of guilt filled her heart and voice. By some strange whim, the moment she saw the limo was too full, the ravenous shadow of「Jigsaw Feeling」suddenly vanished. Yet she could still feel it there, upon her hand, and behind her eyes.

"...I hate having it around me," she said, "Yet I don't feel it was much of a choice. Back in the bus, I couldn't think of anything besides close i was to my own death, and how I'd give anything to live..."

Blinking hard, she hung her head before lifting her gaze to their younger cousin.

"...and if you know that much, and can sort which of us have awoken these Stands," she said, "Then it follows that you've a Stand yourself, right?"

"...woman? Was there an altercation at the grill?" Suzie's shoulders rounded stiffly. "Vivian, are you saying there's somebody else out there who knows about us and Johannes Joesta-"

...Ghost Puppy...

"...what?"

"P-phenomena? Haven't you had a close glance already," Suzie stammered, "We'd all had a firsthand look enough to know how just how dangerous these things are. Worse yet, they're hiding in plain sight or-or holding a target over your head. Who knows what would have happened to Mr. Weathermaker and his family if his dog hadn't sought us out?"
    John shrugged, "Encountering it first hand doesn't change the terminology. As for danger, I can't deny that stands are dangerous, but there is no better cure for danger than knowledge"

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    "I scientist never assumes they know the absolute truth. They simply strive to learn whatever they can."

John shrugged, "Encountering it first hand doesn't change the terminology. As for danger, I can't deny that stands are dangerous, but there is no better cure for danger than knowledge"
    Boris looks at John," So you're a scientist, say what's your opinion on statistics?" Boris said.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Boris looks at John," So you're a scientist, say what's your opinion on statistics?" Boris said.
    "They can be a useful tool, but you shouldn't bet your life on them"

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    "They can be a useful tool, but you shouldn't bet your life on them"
    " Thanks, that was insightful," Boris said.
    My Forum check it out

Retired Overlord

" [I]
    For once, Hironobu seemed to actually consider another's words, "Hm, yes. I tend to forget that I lack the charm and eloquence of those I admire," It was subtle, but Debra could be heard giving an amused huff, "... because of this, my attempts of defending your father have done as you say." Despite his words, the boy's appearance was not of reflection but of curiosity, as if he had discovered a fascinating facet of human emotion rather than realize how much of socially awkward ass he was.
    "If those last words are true then you must have inherited th--..." He retorted, mostly out of muscle memory and impulse. Obviously fighting back the rest of what he wanted to say, he calmed himself, "Forgive me, the summer heat must be getting to me. What I meant to say is that your father clearly knew that you would be able to deal with what would come your way."
    ".....did he..." Lucy asked noone, instead choosing to fold her hands in mute contemplation.

"That must be the one from Rumours," He replied, "I'm surprised you took his words seriously, considering your past."

Another shrug was given, "That I cannot say. Mr. Joestar's notes do not mention it."
    A raised eyebrow preceded her reply, "Exactly how much information do you have on each of us? A few notes? Or a complete dossier?"
    "...What about me.....Did he know what happened to me...." Lucy finally broke her moment of silence, her voice wavering only slightly as she slowly tipped on the fence of indecision.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "...What about me.....Did he know what happened to me...." Lucy finally broke her moment of silence, her voice wavering only slightly as she slowly tipped on the fence of indecision.
    "Yes, but only after the fact. Obtaining your records was the hardest challenge and those responsible... took a good hit. That is a story for another time, however."