Page 61 of 108 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "Billiards, darts, and a poker table, but that's it. Mr. Joestar rarely hosted for he seldom stayed long enough at the estate to do so."
    "Billiards, nice," Sandra said with a small smile. At least she wouldn't be bored out of her mind for the entire night she would be there. If he had a decent liquor cabinet, she was in business. "What's his alcohol supply looking like?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "Billiards, nice," Sandra said with a small smile. At least she wouldn't be bored out of her mind for the entire night she would be there. If he had a decent liquor cabinet, she was in business. "What's his alcohol supply looking like?"
    "A lot," He simply replied.

"Billiards, darts, and a poker table, but that's it. Mr. Joestar rarely hosted for he seldom stayed long enough at the estate to do so."
    "I wouldn't mind trying darts for the first time. I know game like darts, expect with throwing axes. I never played darts, but I'm sure the rules similar to Axe throwing, how different could the rules be?" Boris said.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Ugh...." Lucy winced, rubbing her temple with her free hand while gripping her case with the other as though she were trying to keep it shut. "...How about we talk about something important in the immediate future for us....rather then your past, or your past-times." The girl prepared to continue, but was halted when she chuckled to herself abruptly.

"...hem....excuse me. For example....how is this will reading going to be handled. Do you have some sort of schedule for us? How is security? Will there be a lunch?" Lucys neutral expression was betrayed by the welling bit of drool at the corner of her mouth she seemed unaware of.
    "...hadn't you ordered at the Cattail, Lucy?"

She went down the items of concern like a bulleted list, but the little fleck at the edge of her lips seemed to speak the loudest. Suzie averted her stare and cleared her throat.

"Mind, you are right, there's a great deal more to be concerned with..."

"Ah good, I was hoping someone would show interest in the reading other than parroting how they're going to immediately leave after getting their cut," Hironobu said, genuinely cheerful, "Upon reaching the estate, you will spend the evening resting from your respective trips in which dinner shall be provided. In the morning breakfast and lunch will be available before the reading scheduled for the evening. From there you have the option of either leaving immediately, from which you be provided transport for the nearest airport, or if you have other businesses with the estate, such as records, then you may stay another night and leave in the morning once those are taken care of."
    Hironobu-san's shift in mood from the previous subject was also a bright change. Though it may have been perhaps overly hopeful, the closer they moved to the Joestar estate, for the first time in two days she felt there was something of a linear track, and with it, a sense of some sure footing.

"...a hot shower and a bed to sleep in does sound quite pleasant...," she simpered as she melted back into her seat...though what Lucy brought up about security remained hanging in her thoughts.

"...Joestar's staff and the Speedwagon Foundation, do they know about...them?" Stands, she meant, though she lost the words in her fatigue. "Can they keep us safe?"

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post

She went down the items of concern like a bulleted list, but the little fleck at the edge of her lips seemed to speak the loudest. Suzie averted her stare and cleared her throat.

Hironobu-san's shift in mood from the previous subject was also a bright change. Though it may have been perhaps overly hopeful, the closer they moved to the Joestar estate, for the first time in two days she felt there was something of a linear track, and with it, a sense of some sure footing.

"...a hot shower and a bed to sleep in does sound quite pleasant...," she simpered as she melted back into her seat...though what Lucy brought up about security remained hanging in her thoughts.

"...Joestar's staff and the Speedwagon Foundation, do they know about...them?" Stands, she meant, though she lost the words in her fatigue. "Can they keep us safe?"
    Jinny slowly opened one eye, then both eyes as she glanced first at Suzie, then at the kid, curious as to his response.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Jinny slowly opened one eye, then both eyes as she glanced first at Suzie, then at the kid, curious as to his response.
    Boris whispers in Jinny's ear." What the kid told me about the Crimean peninsula resonated with me. It got me thinking, thinking I want to dig up my granduncle's past. To discover what my granduncle could have hide from me," Boris whispered

" Maybe our father and my granduncle were close friends. Maybe my granduncle was secretly part of the Speedwagon Foundation? I won't know unless I dig up my granduncle's past," Boris whispered.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Boris whispers in Jinny's ear." What the kid told me about the Crimean peninsula resonated with me. It got me thinking, thinking I want to dig up my granduncle's past. To discover what my granduncle could have hide from me," Boris whispered

" Maybe our father and my granduncle were close friends. Maybe my granduncle was secretly part of the Speedwagon Foundation? I won't know unless I dig up my granduncle's past," Boris whispered.
    "You know, there's no reason to whisper." Jinny spoke to him in a conversational tone of voice, "Nothing wrong with wanting more information. I'm certainly not making this trip to play Pool, and if I wanted to live in a mansion I could probably afford to buy one. I have a lot of questions, not sure how many answers I'll get, we'll get, but this is probably the best place to start."

"You know, there's no reason to whisper." Jinny spoke to him in a conversational tone of voice, "Nothing wrong with wanting more information. I'm certainly not making this trip to play Pool, and if I wanted to live in a mansion I could probably afford to buy one. I have a lot of questions, not sure how many answers I'll get, we'll get, but this is probably the best place to start."
    Boris nods." you're right," Boris said.
    My Forum check it out

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post

"You mean stands? Yes, the Speedwagon Foundation has been studying them as long as the organization has existed. As for protection... I rather not boast, but as a staff member, I have a strong bias when it comes to the capability of our organization. Although we had some... interference during the Toby Keith incident, you will be well-guarded at the estate."

Retired Overlord

"You mean stands? Yes, the Speedwagon Foundation has been studying them as long as the organization has existed. As for protection... I rather not boast, but as a staff member, I have a strong bias when it comes to the capability of our organization. Although we had some... interference during the Toby Keith incident, you will be well-guarded at the estate."
    "I'll be the judge of that." Lucy stated rather bluntly. "No offence, but I'll not leave security solely in the hands of some third party....especially since my.....new family is involved." Lucy turned to the window to momentarily hide her face.

"I.....can't afford any food atm." Lucy paused, then sighed. "In the hurry to catch the dog after I saw you.....I never picked up my pay for assisting the clean-up."

"Anyone have any idea who or what that girl was back at the hospital? She had a Stand that controlled electricity, and from what I could tell, I'm not even sure she was human if that's even possible." Jinny adjusted herself in her seat, looking forward to being able to get out of the car as soon as they arrived at the Speedwagon Foundation, "We learned a few things from that man in the hospital room, the one she was apparently after, but I couldn't get much more out of him than that."

"Anyone have any idea who or what that girl was back at the hospital? She had a Stand that controlled electricity, and from what I could tell, I'm not even sure she was human if that's even possible." Jinny adjusted herself in her seat, looking forward to being able to get out of the car as soon as they arrived at the Speedwagon Foundation, "We learned a few things from that man in the hospital room, the one she was apparently after, but I couldn't get much more out of him than that."
    "Considering she managed to not only stop my tirethumper swing by catching and biting into it, but also tear it out of my hand by spitting it out, I'd say she wasn't human." Jamie commented to Jinny.

"But how are you feeling Jinny? Is your arm still giving you trouble or anything?" she asked.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "I'll be the judge of that." Lucy stated rather bluntly. "No offence, but I'll not leave security solely in the hands of some third party....especially since my.....new family is involved." Lucy turned to the window to momentarily hide her face.

"I.....can't afford any food atm." Lucy paused, then sighed. "In the hurry to catch the dog after I saw you.....I never picked up my pay for assisting the clean-up."
    "O-oh...I'd have gladly got you something." Suzie replied, shifting to a brief chuckle that seemed rather misplaced, as she then blurt out, "We've all been through a lot, and from the sounds of things, you especially."

I do hope Clutch and the Weathermakers got to safety...

"After all that, it'd be nice to know we can take some rest."

Of course, from her tone, cordial, yet distant, she clearly didn't believe her own words, and her heavy-lidded eyes with snappy blinks seemed to count off the long minutes as they passed.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    "Considering she managed to not only stop my tirethumper swing by catching and biting into it, but also tear it out of my hand by spitting it out, I'd say she wasn't human." Jamie commented to Jinny.

"But how are you feeling Jinny? Is your arm still giving you trouble or anything?" she asked.
    "I'll be alright." she gave Jamie a slight, appreciative smile, "The pain meds are wearing off a bit, but it's not too bad and I should be able to take more in an hour or so. The doctor said that nothing was broken, just a sprain and some tears that should heal in a week or two."

"How are you holding up? You were pretty brave back in the hospital." As Jinny spoke, she flashed back to that time on the bus when she saw Jamie looking like she was trying to hide under the seat. Or perhaps she just lost something.
    Last edited by Tami; 03-08-2021 at 05:32 PM.

Jinny's comment seemed to catch the teenager off guard, as he leaned forward in his seat.

"An electricity-based stand you say? A girl... by chance are you referring to an actual child-like girl? Dressed in lolita fashion?"

Stroking his chin in thought, Hironobu almost seemed concerned... almost. It was hard to really gauge any other emotions than stoic smugness from the boy.