Page 64 of 108 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast

Suzie exited the limousine, a visible slump in her bearing as she balanced on the toes of her heeled boots. A slow yawn carried itself through her as she rolled her shoulders back with a stretch, and in an instant the rustic air of the premises put new life in her.

It was getting a rather musty in the car, with the foggy breath and cigarette dredges was uncomfortably close to a midnight club scene she had become far too familiar with. It took stepping outside of the tinted windows to truly appreciate the vista. The air was dry with the smell of hay and something earthy and perhaps a little equine.

With some distance from the rest of the world, suppose Johannes Joestar's world was once one filled with recollections steeped in tranquility, or however it was Wordsworth put it.

Even bathed in the sunset glow, it was a sight, this wide-stretching manor, and the swift movements of all the hired help put a little red on her face.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "Feels like it was only yesterday that I called this place my home," Debra said, her voice nostalgic with a hint of longing. Unfortunately, her reminiscence was quickly cut off by Hironobu who was currently exiting the vehicle, "Indeed this was your home. Now it sits as a testament to Mr. Joestar while you... what was it you do now? Better yet, don't bother answering that." Domo, no doubt just as irritated as the other passengers, tensed his muscles as he prepared to retaliate, only to be stopped by a gesture from his charge, "It doesn't matter anymore," She replied, tired.

"Perhaps for you..." Walking away from Debra and the group, the teenager ascended the steps leading to the interior, all the while conversing with several members of the staff, no doubt giving orders for accommodating the others... or not. It was hard to place how big an ******* he was.
    The awe and majesty in the mood of this place suddenly plummeted back to Earth, however, when Hironobu-san and Mrs. Joestar began to have a bit of a tiff. As the former walked away into the fray with the members of who Suzie assumed were agents of the Speedwagon Foundation, it became unsettlingly clear which of them currently held sway over this place.

Welcome to the world...of Johannes Joestar, she thought to herself, tugging her red roller at her side and snapping a photo of the house silhouetted against the burning sky. Strife, from the outside in, it seems...

Either way, it was a sphere she stood entirely outside of. After all they'd suffered just to get here, well, it was a relief to just have proper accommodation.

Almost enough to let down her guard.

...what the bloody hell have I gotten myself into?

"Um..." she said exchanging a look with their stepmother, "...won't you show us around, Debra?"
    Last edited by grampagen; 03-09-2021 at 10:54 PM.

The evening was waning, the sun drenching the land in orange yet the shadows cast by its light were growing by the time the limousine arrived at the Joestar Manor. The lands surrounding the property appeared to be vast ranches defined only by the weather wooden fences that seemed to stretch into the horizon where the landscape jutted upward into crown-like peaks, giving the mere suggestion of the Rockies further west.

Although clashing with the rugged southwestern appeal that surrounded it, the Joestar Manor's decorum reflected back to the family's once British nobility, something that Johannes had carried with him even this far into Texas. With the vehicle coming to a stop, the estate's staff were primed and waiting, getting to work opening the doors to greet the occupants not one second past the brakes being fully engaged. Among those who stepped out were Domo and Debra, the latter having once again fallen victim to her carsickness, although she seemed to have a lot more grace than the previous incident.

"Feels like it was only yesterday that I called this place my home," Debra said, her voice nostalgic with a hint of longing. Unfortunately, her reminiscence was quickly cut off by Hironobu who was currently exiting the vehicle, "Indeed this was your home. Now it sits as a testament to Mr. Joestar while you... what was it you do now? Better yet, don't bother answering that." Domo, no doubt just as irritated as the other passengers, tensed his muscles as he prepared to retaliate, only to be stopped by a gesture from his charge, "It doesn't matter anymore," She replied, tired.

"Perhaps for you..." Walking away from Debra and the group, the teenager ascended the steps leading to the interior, all the while conversing with several members of the staff, no doubt giving orders for accommodating the others... or not. It was hard to place how big an ******* he was.
    Exiting the car, she leaned back just enough to stretch her back, before making her way towards Debra and Domo. Looking up at the estate, she was fairly impressed by its size, though it looked more like a museum than a residence. It was easy to assume that the organization had enough employees to warrant the need for such an immense structure.

As she walked towards the others, she could not help but overhear. As soon as Hiro left, she joined Suzie in speaking with their Stepmother. "I would also like a tour if you are up for it."

Hidden behind her words was a feeling of sympathy towards the woman, as well as a desire to learn more about Debra and her relationship with Joestar, and about the kid who acts like he owns the place, which, as far as Jinny knew, might be the case.
    Last edited by Tami; 03-10-2021 at 06:35 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

The evening was waning, the sun drenching the land in orange yet the shadows cast by its light were growing by the time the limousine arrived at the Joestar Manor. The lands surrounding the property appeared to be vast ranches defined only by the weather wooden fences that seemed to stretch into the horizon where the landscape jutted upward into crown-like peaks, giving the mere suggestion of the Rockies further west.

Although clashing with the rugged southwestern appeal that surrounded it, the Joestar Manor's decorum reflected back to the family's once British nobility, something that Johannes had carried with him even this far into Texas. With the vehicle coming to a stop, the estate's staff were primed and waiting, getting to work opening the doors to greet the occupants not one second past the brakes being fully engaged. Among those who stepped out were Domo and Debra, the latter having once again fallen victim to her carsickness, although she seemed to have a lot more grace than the previous incident.

"Pops interested in the occult at all?" Vivian asked Debra.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "Um..." she said exchanging a look with their stepmother, "...won't you show us around, Debra?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    As she walked towards the others, she could not help but overhear. As soon as Hiro left, she joined Suzie in speaking with their Stepmother. "I would also like a tour if you are up for it."

Hidden behind her words was a feeling of sympathy towards the woman, as well as a desire to learn more about Debra and her relationship with Joestar, and about the kid who acts like he owns the place, which, as far as Jinny knew, might be the case.
    Debra paused, her eyes focusing on distance in thought before she eventually replied, "Okay. I think it should be all right. I'm sorry for being a little selfish, but I really want to see the garden before we go in. It was something your father and I worked on so it holds a lot of good memories for me."

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Pops interested in the occult at all?" Vivian asked Debra.
    "Yes... I think. Your father had a lot of interests; must have come with the wanderlust. He'll probably have some things in his collection if he did."

Vivian nodded. "Nice, might just stick around longer than the reading if that's the case."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

"Finally," Sandra grumbled. It had gotten musty in the limo, thanks in no small part to her own nicotine addiction. She breathed in the fresh air of the Joestar estate and let out a hefty exhale.

"Tour, huh?" She sighed again. "Sure. Why not?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Debra paused, her eyes focusing on distance in thought before she eventually replied, "Okay. I think it should be all right. I'm sorry for being a little selfish, but I really want to see the garden before we go in. It was something your father and I worked on so it holds a lot of good memories for me."
    "Seeing a garden sounds lovely and relaxing. And I could do with something relaxing after the day that we had." Jamie said with an encouraging smile as she walked over to Debra. As she reached her, Jamie looked at the woman she'd learned was her stepmother today before wrapping her arms around her in a gentle hug.

"It's going to be OK, mom." Jamie said comfortingly before letting her go.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Exiting the car, Boris looks at the mansion. ( So this is the place where searching my granduncle, the hitman know as Tzar Koschei's past begins,) Boris thought.

Boris then rolls towards the others and looks at Debra. " A garden, you say? Well, I would love to see this garden," Boris said.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "Finally," Sandra grumbled. It had gotten musty in the limo, thanks in no small part to her own nicotine addiction. She breathed in the fresh air of the Joestar estate and let out a hefty exhale.

"Tour, huh?" She sighed again. "Sure. Why not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    "Seeing a garden sounds lovely and relaxing. And I could do with something relaxing after the day that we had." Jamie said with an encouraging smile as she walked over to Debra. As she reached her, Jamie looked at the woman she'd learned was her stepmother today before wrapping her arms around her in a gentle hug.

"It's going to be OK, mom." Jamie said comfortingly before letting her go.
    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Boris then rolls towards the others and looks at Debra. " A garden, you say? Well, I would love to see this garden," Boris said.
    "Thank you," Debra replied, getting misty-eyed already at this point. Taking in a breath, she steeled herself for what was to come, "All right..."

Heading to the left of the estate's main building, they would find a long pathway lined by meticulously trimmed hedges. Initially beginning as standard pillars of green, the hedges further in were shaped into various creatures.

"As I said before, your father was someone who picked up a lot of hobbies. You would think he would easily get bored with them and leave them half-done, but he was the time who got lost in his passions. This garden was just one of them, it was our project, something we nurtured together. Unfortunately, your father was also a man whom things naturally were easy for, mastering skills that took others years."

The hedges gave way to weathered adobe walls which eventually led to a large pair of iron-wrought gates. Pushing them open with a metallic creak, they would find a garden that could essentially be considered, 'organized chaos'. Clear orderly lines sliced through rampant overgrowths of various flowers that had claimed any bench or gazebos that might have originally been placed there.

"It's just like when Johannes was alive," Debra said, her throat tightening and her voice choked, "I was worried it wouldn't be here..."

"Thank you," Debra replied, getting misty-eyed already at this point. Taking in a breath, she steeled herself for what was to come, "All right..."

Heading to the left of the estate's main building, they would find a long pathway lined by meticulously trimmed hedges. Initially beginning as standard pillars of green, the hedges further in were shaped into various creatures.

"As I said before, your father was someone who picked up a lot of hobbies. You would think he would easily get bored with them and leave them half-done, but he was the time who got lost in his passions. This garden was just one of them, it was our project, something we nurtured together. Unfortunately, your father was also a man whom things naturally were easy for, mastering skills that took others years."

The hedges gave way to weathered adobe walls which eventually led to a large pair of iron-wrought gates. Pushing them open with a metallic creak, they would find a garden that could essentially be considered, 'organized chaos'. Clear orderly lines sliced through rampant overgrowths of various flowers that had claimed any bench or gazebos that might have originally been placed there.

"It's just like when Johannes was alive," Debra said, her throat tightening and her voice choked, "I was worried it wouldn't be here..."
    "It's beautiful." Jinny looked around, burning the image in her mind, "I wish I had my canvas and art supplies, I would love to paint this garden."

"it sounds like you have some really nice memories of your time with Johannes."
    Last edited by Tami; 03-10-2021 at 05:53 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

" Such a lovely garden," Boris said.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Jamie stared at the beautiful vision of organized chaos, enjoying the quiet peace of the place, happy for the reprieve from the... mess that had been today. Taking a deep breath through her nose, Jamie let out a contented sigh as the fragrant scents of the garden helped relax her frazzled nerves and allowed her to just forget everything, if only for a moment.

"This garden is beautiful, mom. You and Mr. Joestar did a wonderful job on it, and I'm glad that it's still here for you to enjoy it." Jamie said with a small, contented smile.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

As they followed Debra and Domo down the footpath, starting from the hedges manicured into the shapes of creatures local and half the glive away, Suzie took frequent pauses to snap photigeaphs. Even though the greenery was basked in the afterglow of a darkening day, her eyes pooled with fascination in this gallery of leafy sculptures, and when they passed through the iron gates, her face lit up - perhaps for the first and only time so far today - as runners and vines intertwined in the scattered rows, lily white and tulip red and periwinkle.

After snapping a picture of the expanse, Suzie knelt upon the ground near an old bench that now served as scaffolding, taking care to maintain a short distance a she studied the botanical bloom and the clusters of knotted tendrils that seized the base near the roots.

It was a strange, alienable sight, certainly, but something about this seemed to...resonate with her.

"Seems you were very close." the thought drifted out of her mouth before she felt how tactlessness it was.

While Hironobu-san spoke a great deal about him, seeing one of Johannes' works up-close rather than an ad, a branded label upon a vial, was, for her, the first tangible clue as to what he was like; not as a name, but as a person.

"...can you tell us a bit more about him?"

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

The sight they were introduced to when they entered the garden was a maze of chaotic flowers and plants. There was overgrowth that claimed where benches and other stuff may have sat in years past. It was a vision into the insight if the man, this Joestar.

Sandra took it all in from a distance. Her features softened slightly at hearing Debra get choked up. "It's pretty," she said. With a little work, they could dig up all the **** that didn't belong and make it look like it did before. Sandra knew absolutely nothing about plants or flowers or any of that ****, though.

She walked in further into the garden to take in more at a different angle. "He was a quick learner, huh? How long did it take for you two to... I guess get all this done?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "It's beautiful." Jinny looked around, burning the image in her mind, "I wish I had my canvas and art supplies, I would love to paint this garden."

"it sounds like you have some really nice memories of your time with Johannes."
    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " Such a lovely garden," Boris said.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Jamie stared at the beautiful vision of organized chaos, enjoying the quiet peace of the place, happy for the reprieve from the... mess that had been today. Taking a deep breath through her nose, Jamie let out a contented sigh as the fragrant scents of the garden helped relax her frazzled nerves and allowed her to just forget everything, if only for a moment.

"This garden is beautiful, mom. You and Mr. Joestar did a wonderful job on it, and I'm glad that it's still here for you to enjoy it." Jamie said with a small, contented smile.
    "Thank you..." She replied quietly, overwhelmed with the flood of emotions.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    The sight they were introduced to when they entered the garden was a maze of chaotic flowers and plants. There was overgrowth that claimed where benches and other stuff may have sat in years past. It was a vision into the insight if the man, this Joestar.

Sandra took it all in from a distance. Her features softened slightly at hearing Debra get choked up. "It's pretty," she said. With a little work, they could dig up all the **** that didn't belong and make it look like it did before. Sandra knew absolutely nothing about plants or flowers or any of that ****, though.

She walked in further into the garden to take in more at a different angle. "He was a quick learner, huh? How long did it take for you two to... I guess get all this done?"
    "It took..." She began, voice still raspy, but paused as she tried to recall, "Three or four months. He would have finished it sooner had we not messed with some transplants from the SIZ," A small little laugh came with the thought, "Took Johannes forever to fight those weeds off."

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    As they followed Debra and Domo down the footpath, starting from the hedges manicured into the shapes of creatures local and half the glive away, Suzie took frequent pauses to snap photigeaphs. Even though the greenery was basked in the afterglow of a darkening day, her eyes pooled with fascination in this gallery of leafy sculptures, and when they passed through the iron gates, her face lit up - perhaps for the first and only time so far today - as runners and vines intertwined in the scattered rows, lily white and tulip red and periwinkle.

After snapping a picture of the expanse, Suzie knelt upon the ground near an old bench that now served as scaffolding, taking care to maintain a short distance a she studied the botanical bloom and the clusters of knotted tendrils that seized the base near the roots.

It was a strange, alienable sight, certainly, but something about this seemed to...resonate with her.

"Seems you were very close." the thought drifted out of her mouth before she felt how tactlessness it was.

While Hironobu-san spoke a great deal about him, seeing one of Johannes' works up-close rather than an ad, a branded label upon a vial, was, for her, the first tangible clue as to what he was like; not as a name, but as a person.

"...can you tell us a bit more about him?"
    "I can't say I knew everything about him. My time with him was only a two-year window before things got... complicated. To me though Johannes was like a... big, stupid puppy, so full of life and energy and love, yet clumsy and stubborn."