Page 77 of 108 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1610

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "That's fine." Holding out her hand, "I'm Jinny Wen, apparently one of Mr. Joestar's progeny of a one-night-stand."
    The girl looked to Jinny's hand, yet did nothing. While it might have been a snub, the monsoon of apathy and lethargy simply stated that she just didn't have the motivation to be that social.

"Dolly Dagger..." She replied, "...or maybe you'd prefer Nancy?"

Extraordinary Member

John took a look around the table, to see if there was anyone to make conversation with.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    John took a look around the table, to see if there was anyone to make conversation with.
    With the night winding down, John would find little of any conversation partners that he hadn't already been acquainted with.

Although, there was that penguin still.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    With the night winding down, John would find little of any conversation partners that he hadn't already been acquainted with.

Although, there was that penguin still.
    John approached the penguin. Slowly, doing his best not to startle it.

John approached the penguin. Slowly, doing his best not to startle it.
    Glancing up, the animal seemed unfazed by his approach. Instead, it locked eyes with him as it gulped down another fish from its bucket.

Vivian choose to sleep at the banquet table, a picked clean bone hanging loosely from her mouth.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member

Glancing up, the animal seemed unfazed by his approach. Instead, it locked eyes with him as it gulped down another fish from its bucket.
    "Are you able to understand us?" John asked the bird

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    (Oh, the zmiy, I herd of those. I think folk hero Ivan Tsarevich road one of these in a story, my grand uncle told me. This is going to be a great read,) Boris thought.

( Wonder if Ivan Tsarevich and his arch-nemesis The dark sorcerer Koschei The Deathless, will appear in one of the stories,) Boris thought. Boris then starts reading the stories.
    Boris continues to read the stories.( Wait, what if Koschei The Deathless is actually the good guy and Ivan Tsarevich is the bad guy in the stories their in? I should go back and re read that Empress Milica and Dragon from Jastrepca story to see if Koschei and Ivan are in it) Boris thought.

Boris goes back and re reads the Empress Milica and Dragon from Jastrepca tale.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

The girl looked to Jinny's hand, yet did nothing. While it might have been a snub, the monsoon of apathy and lethargy simply stated that she just didn't have the motivation to be that social.

"Dolly Dagger..." She replied, "...or maybe you'd prefer Nancy?"
    Taking back her hand, casually and without any evidence of negative emotion, Jinny replied, "A name is how you identify yourself. A given name can be kept or changed, that is your choice, not mine. Just as I made a choice long ago to use my Anglo-name socially and my given name professionally."

Jinny then turned to Lucy, "Is there anything you wish to ask her?"
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

"Are you able to understand us?" John asked the bird
    The bird stared at him for another moment, only before it began fidgeting in his seat. Wiggling and waddling, the penguin now stood atop of his seat and while he briefly stared at the top of the back rest, John had a distinct feeling that he had decided not to attempt that climb. Instead, Amon hopped on top of the table and outstretched his flippers to each side in a T pose.

Although none of this made any sense, one got the feeling the penguin was gauging John in some manner.

Taking back her hand, casually and without any evidence of negative emotion, Jinny replied, "A name is how you identify yourself. A given name can be kept or changed, that is your choice, not mine. Just as I made a choice long ago to use my Anglo-name socially and my given name professionally."

"Hm, wasn't expecting that," She said, a hint of disappointment in her voice, "Guess I'm not as memorable as I'd thought." Her nihilism and disappointment due to this sudden sense of vanity clashing, Dolly was at a loss of words on how to proceed.

"Yeah though... you don't have to worry about me... I'm nobody in the grand scheme of things."

The bird stared at him for another moment, only before it began fidgeting in his seat. Wiggling and waddling, the penguin now stood atop of his seat and while he briefly stared at the top of the back rest, John had a distinct feeling that he had decided not to attempt that climb. Instead, Amon hopped on top of the table and outstretched his flippers to each side in a T pose.

Although none of this made any sense, one got the feeling the penguin was gauging John in some manner.

"Hm, wasn't expecting that," She said, a hint of disappointment in her voice, "Guess I'm not as memorable as I'd thought." Her nihilism and disappointment due to this sudden sense of vanity clashing, Dolly was at a loss of words on how to proceed.

"Yeah though... you don't have to worry about me... I'm nobody in the grand scheme of things."
    "You'd think people would know who I was, considering how often the paparazzi have taken my picture alongside my mother. Guess I'm not so memorable either, at least not yet." Jinny smiled at her, "It's a big world, though right now we'r'e in our own small universe here at the Foundation. Which gives us a chance to get to know each other better."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member

"
    "Are you...asserting your dominance?" John asked, bafflement showing on his face as he recalled an old meme.

Retired Overlord

"You'd think people would know who I was, considering how often the paparazzi have taken my picture alongside my mother. Guess I'm not so memorable either, at least not yet." Jinny smiled at her, "It's a big world, though right now we'r'e in our own small universe here at the Foundation. Which gives us a chance to get to know each other better."
    "If it makes you feel any better I'll worry if your a nobody or not." Lucy finally added in as she watched the two converse silently for several moments. "Especially if your a nobody....I'm Lucy by the way" Lucy didn't offer a hand, instead offering a recognizing tilt of her head.

"So....I have a question.....what is your first impression of my sister here?" Lucy motioned a hand towards Jinny, a look of absolute seriousness. "And don't worry, be as blunt as if wish."

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Sandra watched with muted bafflement as the penguin seemed to be asserting its dominance over John. It was hilarious and weird at the same time. "Well." She stood, pushed her chair in, and gathered her empty plates to put them away. When she was done with that, she planned on heading outside for a post-dinner smoke, then back inside for a game of billiards and a drink before bed. The sooner tomorrow and the reading came, the sooner she could be on the road and away from those people again. Half of them were a headache and the other half a pain in the ass.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

(hmm, it seems that Empress Milica and Dragon from Jastrepca tale and the other tales in this book have similar themes. One trait of The Zimy from what I heard and read in this book about them. Is that their shapeshifters,) Boris thought.

(They could assume human form, Koschei the deathless from what I read about him in folklore, could also shapeshift and was a powerful wizard. The Zimy, from what I read in these tales, can use magic) Boris thought.

( Wait, if I line up the Zimy from these tales with what I read in folklore about Koschei the Deathless. That would mean that Koschei the Deathless is a Zimy, a Slavic Dragon. Hmm, but where does Ivan Tsarevich fit in that theory?" Boris thought)

( Wait, could it be that Ivan Tsarevich had a hatred for the Zimy?) Boris thought
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel