Page 78 of 108 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1610

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    "Are you...asserting your dominance?" John asked, bafflement showing on his face as he recalled an old meme.
    The penguin said nothing, lacking the means to do, obviously, but he continued to stand at his t-pose, as if waiting for John to make a move.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "You'd think people would know who I was, considering how often the paparazzi have taken my picture alongside my mother. Guess I'm not so memorable either, at least not yet." Jinny smiled at her, "It's a big world, though right now we'r'e in our own small universe here at the Foundation. Which gives us a chance to get to know each other better."
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "If it makes you feel any better I'll worry if your a nobody or not." Lucy finally added in as she watched the two converse silently for several moments. "Especially if your a nobody....I'm Lucy by the way" Lucy didn't offer a hand, instead offering a recognizing tilt of her head.

"So....I have a question.....what is your first impression of my sister here?" Lucy motioned a hand towards Jinny, a look of absolute seriousness. "And don't worry, be as blunt as if wish."
    Hopping off the bench, Dolly stubbed the last of her cigarettes into the pile, blowing out the last of the cancerous clouds, "This small universe is bigger than you'd think. Appearances can be deceiving, yanno, just like that Junction Stop. You should check it out again if you get the chance, it'll give you some perspective on things." Picking up her plate, Dolly went to walk back in, only to pause with Lucy's question. Quietly pondering for a moment, she simply shrugged, "My opinion doesn't matter... nothing really does. Ja ne."

Opening the door, she stepped into the dining room only to notice the penguin was acting weird.

( I wonder if my theory is correct, I guess I could ask someone,) Boris thought. Boris takes the Book "Empress Milica and Dragon from Jastrepca and Other Tales with him and looks around for someone, ( I need to find someone who's a expert in folklore,) Boris thought.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    The penguin said nothing, lacking the means to do, obviously, but he continued to stand at his t-pose, as if waiting for John to make a move.
    John looked at it carefully, studying it for a sign of a reaction too intelligent for a non-human. Then, he slowly adapted a T-Post of his own

John looked at it carefully, studying it for a sign of a reaction too intelligent for a non-human. Then, he slowly adapted a T-Post of his own
    John and Amon, man and bird; in the time it took John to adopt his own pose in response to Amon's, he would feel something... different. It was as if by doing something illogical, he had touched upon something long forgotten, a primal truth about the world. Before he could fully grasp what that truth was, the overwhelming feeling of paranoia would strike him, the same one that had affected all of them after recovering from the Night Fever, yet this time it was much more intense. Furious and frantic, it was coming to a boiling point.

Amon, as if sensing this, abruptly gakkered at the man. The sudden shock of the sound would be enough to manifest the intensity John had felt into a single entity.

"The hell?"

Dolly, having walked into this interaction, couldn't help but verbalize her confusion upon seeing this all.

Extraordinary Member

John and Amon, man and bird; in the time it took John to adopt his own pose in response to Amon's, he would feel something... different. It was as if by doing something illogical, he had touched upon something long forgotten, a primal truth about the world. Before he could fully grasp what that truth was, the overwhelming feeling of paranoia would strike him, the same one that had affected all of them after recovering from the Night Fever, yet this time it was much more intense. Furious and frantic, it was coming to a boiling point.

Amon, as if sensing this, abruptly gakkered at the man. The sudden shock of the sound would be enough to manifest the intensity John had felt into a single entity.

"The hell?"

Dolly, having walked into this interaction, couldn't help but verbalize her confusion upon seeing this all.
    John stared at the entity...and, through it's eyes, stared back at himself. Had he done what his siblings had done?

"Is this...is this a stand?" he asked himself a loud, not even knowing if the stand could answer him. "Can you speak?" he wondered, but this time the Stand spoke along with him, in a robotic voice. "Fascinating. It copied me...or was I speaking through it?"

Abruptly, John registered Dolly's presence, and asked her "Can you see him? Not me, and not the penguin either."

"The hell?"

Hearing sounds that worried her from within, without a word to Lucy, Jinny followed Dolly back inside just in time to see what was happening to John. Pausing near the entrance to the Dinning room, she simply stood there and watched.
    Last edited by Tami; 04-08-2021 at 12:27 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

" Hey anyone in this mansion a expert on folklore? I have this book title "Empress Milica and Dragon from Jastrepca and Other Tales with me. I read through it and I have a theory I want verified, by a expert. " It's about a possible connection between Slavic Dragons and Koschei The Deathless also know as Koschei The Immortal depending on the translation, " Boris shouted.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " Hey anyone in this mansion a expert on folklore? I have this book title "Empress Milica and Dragon from Jastrepca and Other Tales with me. I read through it and I have a theory I want verified, by a expert. " It's about a possible connection between Slavic Dragons and Koschei The Deathless also know as Koschei The Immortal depending on the translation, " Boris shouted.
    Boris would hear only the echo of his voice, considering he was alone in the library during sleeping hours.

Jamie stared at the dark ceiling as she laid in the bed she'd been given for the night, feeling tired but unable to get to sleep. However, she didn't want to get up and wander the mansion, as that felt like it would be rude to do, as the manor didn't belong to her. So, she was left to lay and wait until sleep overtook her.

'Maybe it'd be OK if I took a small walk around the manor if I don't start snooping around. Just to work off this nervous energy so I can get some sleep.' Jamie thought after staring at the ceiling for several long, silent minutes. With her plan set, Jamie slipped out from under the covers, slipped a robe over the pajama shorts and t-shirt she'd worn to bed, and padded out of the room into the hall, walking toward the stairs to head to the first floor.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Jamie stared at the dark ceiling as she laid in the bed she'd been given for the night, feeling tired but unable to get to sleep. However, she didn't want to get up and wander the mansion, as that felt like it would be rude to do, as the manor didn't belong to her. So, she was left to lay and wait until sleep overtook her.

'Maybe it'd be OK if I took a small walk around the manor if I don't start snooping around. Just to work off this nervous energy so I can get some sleep.' Jamie thought after staring at the ceiling for several long, silent minutes. With her plan set, Jamie slipped out from under the covers, slipped a robe over the pajama shorts and t-shirt she'd worn to bed, and padded out of the room into the hall, walking toward the stairs to head to the first floor.
    Jamie would find that the hallways were free of any patrolling sentinels. Aside from the silence of the night and the slight creak of an occasional floor plank, her descent to the first floor was successful.

Extraordinary Member

OOC: Yun, did you miss my post?

OOC: Yun, did you miss my post?
    OOC: I saw it, just been debating on a few things before I addressed it.

John stared at the entity...and, through it's eyes, stared back at himself. Had he done what his siblings had done?

"Is this...is this a stand?" he asked himself a loud, not even knowing if the stand could answer him. "Can you speak?" he wondered, but this time the Stand spoke along with him, in a robotic voice. "Fascinating. It copied me...or was I speaking through it?"

Abruptly, John registered Dolly's presence, and asked her "Can you see him? Not me, and not the penguin either."
    The penguin, Amon, satisfied with whatever he had done, simply hopped off the table and waddled out of the room.

"The robot? Yeah, I guess." Dolly replied, her monotoned voice suggesting this hadn't been the first time.

OOC: I saw it, just been debating on a few things before I addressed it.

The penguin, Amon, satisfied with whatever he had done, simply hopped off the table and waddled out of the room.

"The robot? Yeah, I guess." Dolly replied, her monotoned voice suggesting this hadn't been the first time.
    "So you have one too." Jinny replied from behind Dolly.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Retired Overlord

Hearing sounds that worried her from within, without a word to Lucy, Jinny followed Dolly back inside just in time to see what was happening to John. Pausing near the entrance to the Dinning room, she simply stood there and watched.
    Watching the two of them leave, Lucy took a moment to lean back in the chair Dolly had been seated on and observed the night sky above with quiet contemplative look.

The lingering smell of cigarette smoke was fading, but the memories of the day had not. the corners of the young soldiers lips curved slightly...not a smile persay, but a knowing smirk.

"Nobody in the Grand Scheme...Just means your easy to miss." Lucy let out a knowing chuckle, then her face immediately returned to its neutral expression as something dawned on her.

"......oh right....food is getting cold."

"So you have one too." Jinny replied from behind Dolly.
    "So do you," She replied back, "... and nearly everyone here."