Page 79 of 108 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1610
    Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    The penguin, Amon, satisfied with whatever he had done, simply hopped off the table and waddled out of the room.

"The robot? Yeah, I guess." Dolly replied, her monotoned voice suggesting this hadn't been the first time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "So you have one too." Jinny replied from behind Dolly.
    "So do you," She replied back, "... and nearly everyone here."
    "Didn't I just warn you about talking to m..." Lucy nonchalantly began as she walked into the room only to stop as she caught a look at a man a penguin T-posing for dominance of the dinner table while another ghost floated above the former.

Lucy felt the bags under her eyes intensify.

"......." Lucy rubbed her eyes and began walking back to the table, attempting to avoid eye contact with the T-posers while she located her meal.

"Just how common are they?"
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member

OOC: I saw it, just been debating on a few things before I addressed it.

The penguin, Amon, satisfied with whatever he had done, simply hopped off the table and waddled out of the room.

"The robot? Yeah, I guess." Dolly replied, her monotoned voice suggesting this hadn't been the first time.
    "So you have one too." Jinny replied from behind Dolly.
    "Fascinating." John said, as he touched his hand to his Stand, and felt the shared tactical sensation. "We seem to share sensations with each other...Is that this stands power, or is that a common feature, I wonder. "

Boris would hear only the echo of his voice, considering he was alone in the library during sleeping hours.
    Boris leaves the library with the book and looks around for anyone, anyone who might be awake. ( I'm going to see if someone's awake to tell my theory to, if I don't find anyway one wake in after a hour, I'm hitting the hay,) Boris thought.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Jamie would find that the hallways were free of any patrolling sentinels. Aside from the silence of the night and the slight creak of an occasional floor plank, her descent to the first floor was successful.
    As she reached trekked through the empty halls, Jamie felt a nervous pulse course down her back almost like a chill, and pulled the robe closer around herself.

'This place is a little creepy at night when you're alone. Hopefully I'll run into one of the others soon.' Jamie thought, looking around herself as she kept moving, pulling the robe just that slightest bit tighter around herself as if it were armor to protect her from the unseen and most likely imagined threats around her.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

John and Amon, man and bird; in the time it took John to adopt his own pose in response to Amon's, he would feel something... different. It was as if by doing something illogical, he had touched upon something long forgotten, a primal truth about the world. Before he could fully grasp what that truth was, the overwhelming feeling of paranoia would strike him, the same one that had affected all of them after recovering from the Night Fever, yet this time it was much more intense. Furious and frantic, it was coming to a boiling point.

Amon, as if sensing this, abruptly gakkered at the man. The sudden shock of the sound would be enough to manifest the intensity John had felt into a single entity.
    Suzie had been sitting in the midst of this entire altercation. At one of the last, still clothed dining tables, a now-chilled cup of coffee stood before her, as she took in the sight in a stifled, awkward silence.

...what just happened?

"The hell?"

Dolly, having walked into this interaction, couldn't help but verbalize her confusion upon seeing this all.
    Cresting her view from John and his stand - which appeared to be some sort of magnetic man - she caught sight of Dolly at the entryway and her eyes widened.

"!!-"

...and as usual, the words seemed to plug themselves in her throat as they caught up with her thoughts.

"...I-it's you...?" She finally managed, "You've been trailing us since the truck stop...?"

That distant gaze and listless tone, unmistakable.

"But if you're here, that means you knew...father."

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Watching the two of them leave, Lucy took a moment to lean back in the chair Dolly had been seated on and observed the night sky above with quiet contemplative look.

The lingering smell of cigarette smoke was fading, but the memories of the day had not. the corners of the young soldiers lips curved slightly...not a smile persay, but a knowing smirk.

"Nobody in the Grand Scheme...Just means your easy to miss." Lucy let out a knowing chuckle, then her face immediately returned to its neutral expression as something dawned on her.

"......oh right....food is getting cold."
    Seeing Lucy follow un behind them eased the sudden spike of anxiety, and Suzied leaned forward on her elbows, rubbing the back of her neck.

"...found what you were looking for have you?"

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Cresting her view from John and his stand - which appeared to be some sort of magnetic man - she caught sight of Dolly at the entryway and her eyes widened.

"!!-"

...and as usual, the words seemed to plug themselves in her throat as they caught up with her thoughts.

"...I-it's you...?" She finally managed, "You've been trailing us since the truck stop...?"

Seeing Lucy follow un behind them eased the sudden spike of anxiety, and Suzied leaned forward on her elbows, rubbing the back of her neck.

"...found what you were looking for have you?"
    "Yes, and a little more it seems.....Good eye by the way." Lucy chimed as she took her chair back and immediately went back to eating her half cold lunch. "Was wondering who would notice first, not that she was trying to hide it...." Lucy took a moment to chew before continuing. "Cigarette smoke can be very distinctive....I'm not a fan but I something on the wind reminded me of something...So I had to take a look."

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    "Fascinating." John said, as he touched his hand to his Stand, and felt the shared tactical sensation. "We seem to share sensations with each other...Is that this stands power, or is that a common feature, I wonder. "
    "I'm not the expert, just an assistant," Dolly said, her expressionless eyes seeking out an exit.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Suzie had been sitting in the midst of this entire altercation. At one of the last, still clothed dining tables, a now-chilled cup of coffee stood before her, as she took in the sight in a stifled, awkward silence.

...what just happened?

"!!-"

"Yes, and a little more it seems.....Good eye by the way." Lucy chimed as she took her chair back and immediately went back to eating her half cold lunch. "Was wondering who would notice first, not that she was trying to hide it...." Lucy took a moment to chew before continuing. "Cigarette smoke can be very distinctive....I'm not a fan but I something on the wind reminded me of something...So I had to take a look."
    "No. Wasn't paid to trail you, only observe and protect."

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    As she reached trekked through the empty halls, Jamie felt a nervous pulse course down her back almost like a chill, and pulled the robe closer around herself.

'This place is a little creepy at night when you're alone. Hopefully I'll run into one of the others soon.' Jamie thought, looking around herself as she kept moving, pulling the robe just that slightest bit tighter around herself as if it were armor to protect her from the unseen and most likely imagined threats around her.
    Jamie WIL: 00
    As she crept, Jamie would start to feel what was a headache's approach. It was a slow, insidious one, growing in intensity with every step she took. Feelings of irritation began to slowly boil.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Boris leaves the library with the book and looks around for anyone, anyone who might be awake. ( I'm going to see if someone's awake to tell my theory to, if I don't find anyway one wake in after a hour, I'm hitting the hay,) Boris thought.
    Jamie's path would cross with Boris', although she would find his presence difficult to bare as every squeak of his wheelchair, every creak of the hardwood floor, even the way the light reflected off of him would feel like knives stabbing her brain. Rising to the surface of her mind was a single word,

Kill...

"Well, so long as that's straightened away," Suzie replied slowly, covering her mouth as she let out a long yawn. "But you'd best take care of yourself."

Her face held a small smile, but her posture, draped partway upon the table, spoke much more to her current, melting disposition.

"Besides which, you'd watched out for us all day, seems reasonable you should keep your energy up and relax, yeah? I'll wait up with you for as long as I can muster."

"I'm not the expert, just an assistant," Dolly said, her expressionless eyes seeking out an exit.

"No. Wasn't paid to trail you, only observe and protect."
    Suzie nodded along as the clerk, come Foundation representative, seemed to reveal the answer in a manner that cut to the quick of it.

"Protect us? You mean from the couple in the shop, like?"

Suzie's brow rose with an inquisitive furrow for a moment, but her eyes bolted to the whites as she seemed to realize something.

Toby Keith, Hironobu-san, Clutch and Amon; and, indeed, the lot of their strange, mixed up group.

Who was to say who was who wasn't also a Stand user? By appearances every last one of them was as ordinary and mundane as the next, and this made her weary heart plummet just a bit further inside her chest.

"...um, suppose a thanks is in order," she said, "the bus-driver was bad enough, but now I can't help but wonder how much worse it could've been..."

Jamie WIL: 00
    As she crept, Jamie would start to feel what was a headache's approach. It was a slow, insidious one, growing in intensity with every step she took. Feelings of irritation began to slowly boil.

Jamie's path would cross with Boris', although she would find his presence difficult to bare as every squeak of his wheelchair, every creak of the hardwood floor, even the way the light reflected off of him would feel like knives stabbing her brain. Rising to the surface of her mind was a single word,

Kill...
    Jamie frowned, releasing the hem of her robe to ball and unball her hands, jaw clenched as her head pounded as though someone were trying to break through her skull with a sledgehammer, with everything about Boris' very existence seemed to aggravate it, making her want to do something, anything to make it stop, to give her just a moment's reprieve from the feeling. It seemed no thought could penetrate the feelings, and she just wanted to scream and cry.

However, a single thought managed to escape the suffering, one unfamiliar and alien, that seemed to promise to end if she followed it. Kill.

Looking around the hallway, she caught sight of a sword, possibly decorative, but she didn't care at the moment. Jamie stumbled over to the sword and pulled it off the wall, holding it awkwardly before turning back to Boris. She began walking toward him, holding the sword in position to drive it directly into Boris' chest, to make the agony leave her be.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Jamie frowned, releasing the hem of her robe to ball and unball her hands, jaw clenched as her head pounded as though someone were trying to break through her skull with a sledgehammer, with everything about Boris' very existence seemed to aggravate it, making her want to do something, anything to make it stop, to give her just a moment's reprieve from the feeling. It seemed no thought could penetrate the feelings, and she just wanted to scream and cry.

However, a single thought managed to escape the suffering, one unfamiliar and alien, that seemed to promise to end if she followed it. Kill.

Looking around the hallway, she caught sight of a sword, possibly decorative, but she didn't care at the moment. Jamie stumbled over to the sword and pulled it off the wall, holding it awkwardly before turning back to Boris. She began walking toward him, holding the sword in position to drive it directly into Boris' chest, to make the agony leave her be.
    " Ah Jamie so your still up, wait Jamie is there something wrong? What's the matter?" Boris said.

Boris then looks at the sword in Jamie's hands. " Why are you holding that sword Jamie? Jamie drop that sword now! I don't know what has gotten into you, but you need to stop this," Boris said.

" I don't want to hurt you, so drop the sword Jamie, and come to your senses," Boris said.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Extraordinary Member

John directed his stand over to the wall, to check if it would be a barrier, or if the Stand would pass through it.

Boris rolls towards Jamie and then grabs the sword she's holding with both hands grasping the blade," Jamie what ever is compiling you to do this, fight it," Boris said.
    My Forum check it out

" Ah Jamie so your still up, wait Jamie is there something wrong? What's the matter?" Boris said.

Boris then looks at the sword in Jamie's hands. " Why are you holding that sword Jamie? Jamie drop that sword now! I don't know what has gotten into you, but you need to stop this," Boris said.

" I don't want to hurt you, so drop the sword Jamie, and come to your senses," Boris said.
    Boris rolls towards Jamie and then grabs the sword she's holding with both hands grasping the blade," Jamie what ever is compiling you to do this, fight it," Boris said.
    Jamie wanted to scream as every word out of Boris' mouth intensified the sheer agony in her head. It felt like it was going to explode, and she had to do something, anything to end it. Even if it meant having to kill her half-brother. She began struggling against his grip on the sword

However, as she tried to get the sword away from him, another thought managed to fight its way through the pain, 'No, that's wrong! Why are you thinking like this?!'

That thought momentarily freed her, and she managed to release the handle of the sword and take a step back before collapsing to her knees, gripping her head as she finally managed to scream in absolute agony, the pain and anger quickly overtaking her again.
    - C.S. Lewis