Page 85 of 108 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1610

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Am I right to assume that, under normal circumstances, you wouldn't have attacked me or Boris, or anyone? But, if it will make you feel any better, we can call it even. You were forced to attack me against your will, and I was forced to respond in kind."

Jinny took a seat in a chair across from Jamie's bed, then leaned in, "It would be more productive to focus on finding out what was behind this and make sure that it doesn't happen to anyone else. More productive than sitting around up here when there is food downstairs."

She then smiled, "By the way, have you named your Stand yet?"
    "But what if it happens again and I hurt someone, or worse, actually kill them?" Jamie asked, pulling her knees to her chest.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "YAAWWWWWN!" Miguel stretched. "Can't say it was the best night of sleep in my life but it certainly felt like the best I've had in a long while!" he shouted cheerfully as he emerged from his room, ready for breakfast. "Buenas, y'all!" he greeted everyone he could, before he darted downstairs.
    "Keep it down, mate, we're here for a funeral," Suzie gently reminded Miguel.

Still, despite this she had to suppress a laugh, and seated at the long table, it was under the darkness of the estate's french roast, a hot mug pressed to her lips. Unlike her half-brother, the length of lacking sleep left Suzie's appearance with a certain arura, a sense of being stitched together for appearances. Still she couldn't help but find his exuberance infectious.

"Though, to be honest, I'm not entirely sure how to feel, like? Do we even belong here?"

She cast a glance over her shoulder, surveying the room with a wild eye for those outside of their group who had gathered here, in loving memory of a man none of them really knew, but for the long shadow he'd suddenly cast over all their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    "But what if it happens again and I hurt someone, or worse, actually kill them?" Jamie asked, pulling her knees to her chest.
    Leaning back in her chair, "Then don't." Jinny then clasped her hands in front of her, "The secret is to learn as much as you can about your Stand, what it can do and what you can do with it. You told me that you are a nurse, which means you've worked with doctors. Doctors studied hard and practiced and learned their skills so that, when the time came to use them lives are saved and hopefully no one dies. I assume the same for Nurses."

"You have a skill that can save lives as equally as it can take them, which is as much amazing as it can be scary. In some ways it is the same for most of us now. It's like one of those Anime series where the main character is granted a power, then spends much of his or her time training in how to use it."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Leaning back in her chair, "Then don't." Jinny then clasped her hands in front of her, "The secret is to learn as much as you can about your Stand, what it can do and what you can do with it. You told me that you are a nurse, which means you've worked with doctors. Doctors studied hard and practiced and learned their skills so that, when the time came to use them lives are saved and hopefully no one dies. I assume the same for Nurses."

"You have a skill that can save lives as equally as it can take them, which is as much amazing as it can be scary. In some ways it is the same for most of us now. It's like one of those Anime series where the main character is granted a power, then spends much of his or her time training in how to use it."
    "But that doesn't help if I'm mind controlled and sent after you and the others. In fact, it'd be worse, because last night my Stand and I barely knew what we were doing and you almost died. Had we known what we were doing, who knows what would have happened?!"

"Oh, I am sick and tired of this "boo-hoo-hoo, woe is me" bullshit! Go write in your diary about it and get over yourself! And I still need a name, because I refuse to let you call me 'Stand' for the rest of your life!"" came a third voice in the room, and the small, 'bound' form of the Stand crawled up on top of Jamie's head, sprawling there like an agitated starfish.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

"But that doesn't help if I'm mind controlled and sent after you and the others. In fact, it'd be worse, because last night my Stand and I barely knew what we were doing and you almost died. Had we known what we were doing, who knows what would have happened?!"

"Oh, I am sick and tired of this "boo-hoo-hoo, woe is me" bullshit! Go write in your diary about it and get over yourself! And I still need a name, because I refuse to let you call me 'Stand' for the rest of your life!"" came a third voice in the room, and the small, 'bound' form of the Stand crawled up on top of Jamie's head, sprawling there like an agitated starfish.
    At first, Jinny looked around the room to see where the voice was coming from. Then she noticed the, not quite sure what to call it, climb up on top of Jamie's head. After staring fro a moment, Jinny smiled, "This is your Stand? He's not at all like I remember him, I mean, right now he's kind of cute. Though I'm sure he's still as tough as he was before."

Then she realized something "And he can talk? I didn't think Stands could talk, not like that anyway."

"Jamie, you're Stand is pretty amazing. You really should give it, him, a name before he gives himself one." She smiled as she spoke.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Vivian arrived at the breakfast table with all the grace of a shambling corpse. The only thing clutched in her talons being a single cup of black coffee, and the stub of a cigarette she smoked down while waiting.

"..."
    Similar to last night's dinner, breakfast meals of various styles and ethnicities have been prepared.

Also, while Vivian wasn't looking, someone slipped her a Stand. It was a weird-looking egg, just sitting there not doing anything, just existing in Vivian's presence.

At first, Jinny looked around the room to see where the voice was coming from. Then she noticed the, not quite sure what to call it, climb up on top of Jamie's head. After staring fro a moment, Jinny smiled, "This is your Stand? He's not at all like I remember him, I mean, right now he's kind of cute. Though I'm sure he's still as tough as he was before."

Then she realized something "And he can talk? I didn't think Stands could talk, not like that anyway."

"Jamie, you're Stand is pretty amazing. You really should give it, him, a name before he gives himself one." She smiled as she spoke.
    "I somehow managed to 'bind' most of his power and strength, leaving him in this current form. I'm not sure how, but here he is." Jamie answered, motioning toward the small Stand sitting atop her head as it preened under Jinny's praise.

"And I don't know how he can talk, he just started talking not long after I woke up once we were freed from whatever was mind-controlling us." Jamie continued.

"I've tried convincing her to give me a name, because she refuses to use the names I thought of for myself." the Stand replied, which caused Jamie to frown as she said "Because your names are all vulgar."

"What's wrong with 'Jizz in my Pants'? Or '**** Her Gently'? Or 'Big Balls?'" he asked, and Jamie sighed as she answered "Because I refuse to say... those names."

"See! She isn't working with me!" the Stand said from his perch on Jamie's head.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Similar to last night's dinner, breakfast meals of various styles and ethnicities have been prepared.

Also, while Vivian wasn't looking, someone slipped her a Stand. It was a weird-looking egg, just sitting there not doing anything, just existing in Vivian's presence.
    It's existence was enough. The Mage, upon realizing that It had returned, sucked in a sharp breath before managing the loudest whisper anyone present at the table will have ever heard in their life.

"****."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

"I somehow managed to 'bind' most of his power and strength, leaving him in this current form. I'm not sure how, but here he is." Jamie answered, motioning toward the small Stand sitting atop her head as it preened under Jinny's praise.

"And I don't know how he can talk, he just started talking not long after I woke up once we were freed from whatever was mind-controlling us." Jamie continued.

"I've tried convincing her to give me a name, because she refuses to use the names I thought of for myself." the Stand replied, which caused Jamie to frown as she said "Because your names are all vulgar."

"What's wrong with 'Jizz in my Pants'? Or '**** Her Gently'? Or 'Big Balls?'" he asked, and Jamie sighed as she answered "Because I refuse to say... those names."

"See! She isn't working with me!" the Stand said from his perch on Jamie's head.
    Jinny was surprised at the x-rated mouth on Jamie's Stand. "I can see why you'd prefer not to use any of those names."

"Well, if this helps, the name I gave my Stand just came to me when I looked at her. She reminded me of something that one of my art school instructors talked about in regards to the basis of art. The name, it just felt right at the time."

"Jamie, Just think of the first word or phrase that you thought of the first time you saw him."

Jinny was surprised at the x-rated mouth on Jamie's Stand. "I can see why you'd prefer not to use any of those names."

"Well, if this helps, the name I gave my Stand just came to me when I looked at her. She reminded me of something that one of my art school instructors talked about in regards to the basis of art. The name, it just felt right at the time."

"Jamie, Just think of the first word or phrase that you thought of the first time you saw him."
    "That... might work." Jamie said, and the Stand dutifully moved to float in front of her, staring at her expectantly. Jamie returned his stare with one of her own, the two looking at each other in silence as if having a staring contest.

After several long moments, the Stand waved his hand in a circular 'get on with it' motion. Jamie frowned in silence at him, but as she did something appeared in her mind, just two words.

'HOLY DIVER'

"Holy Diver." Jamie repeated the words aloud, causing the Stand to rub his chin in thought, before nodding and saying "I guess that's an alright name. I accept it."

"That's good." Jamie said with a smile, and the newly-named Holy Diver turned to Jinny and asked "So, are you gonna get Jamie to leave the bed, or are you gonna let her bitch out?"
    - C.S. Lewis

"That... might work." Jamie said, and the Stand dutifully moved to float in front of her, staring at her expectantly. Jamie returned his stare with one of her own, the two looking at each other in silence as if having a staring contest.

After several long moments, the Stand waved his hand in a circular 'get on with it' motion. Jamie frowned in silence at him, but as she did something appeared in her mind, just two words.

'HOLY DIVER'

"Holy Diver." Jamie repeated the words aloud, causing the Stand to rub his chin in thought, before nodding and saying "I guess that's an alright name. I accept it."

"That's good." Jamie said with a smile, and the newly-named Holy Diver turned to Jinny and asked "So, are you gonna get Jamie to leave the bed, or are you gonna let her bitch out?"
    Standing up again, Jinny turned towards the doorway and said one thing before she left, "I understand that Vivian is already down there, and you know how much she eats. If you are hungry, I suggest you hurry up before all the food is gone." She then turned to look at them, "It's a pleasure to meet you, Holy Diver." smiled, then continued out of the room to give Jamie some privacy to get ready for Breakfast.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post

Just as supper came at the end of a long day of danger and uncertainty, this meal before the morning wake likewise left Suzie's stomach in knots. Cold adasi lentil soup set before her, she took small bites from it, if only to keep her energy up. The lavash flatbread, again, was her little vice. Set with feta cheese and fruit preserves upon her plate, she seemed less intent on eating it as she did with passing the time.

A piece of lavash had overbaked and cracked. As she set the spreads, she idly began to stir them together.

Purple from the currants...crimson from the strawberry...texture from the pear...

Sweeping the edges of the fleshy coloured dough, the sugars that had been boiled into the fruit quickened, and it soon looked like she was jabbing at a plate of scabbed-over, patchy flesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    It's existence was enough. The Mage, upon realizing that It had returned, sucked in a sharp breath before managing the loudest whisper anyone present at the table will have ever heard in their life.

"****."
    "...something the matter?"
    Last edited by grampagen; 04-17-2021 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "Keep it down, mate, we're here for a funeral," Suzie gently reminded Miguel.
    "Oh ****, yeah...good point..." Miguel scratched the back of his head, head embarrassingly glancing at the floor.

Still, despite this she had to suppress a laugh, and seated at the long table, it was under the darkness of the estate's french roast, a hot mug pressed to her lips. Unlike her half-brother, the length of lacking sleep left Suzie's appearance with a certain arura, a sense of being stitched together for appearances. Still she couldn't help but find his exuberance infectious.

"Though, to be honest, I'm not entirely sure how to feel, like? Do we even belong here?"

She cast a glance over her shoulder, surveying the room with a wild eye for those outside of their group who had gathered here, in loving memory of a man none of them really knew, but for the long shadow he'd suddenly cast over all their lives.
    "I sure as **** don't feel that way..." the stage magician shrugged, grabbing a plate of breakfast empanadas and taking a seat as well. "Not gonna lie, I never had the greatest impression of pops. I think I remember him even, just a 'lil bit. Couldn't exactly say he was 'there' in any of our lives, can we?" he asked, taking a bite of one empanada. "That said....having just learned about him in all about two days, I've gotta admit he's one interesting interesting perro. I wanna see what his life was like...even though most of it revolved around stepping all over ours."

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Oh ****, yeah...good point..." Miguel scratched the back of his head, head embarrassingly glancing at the floor.

"I sure as **** don't feel that way..." the stage magician shrugged, grabbing a plate of breakfast empanadas and taking a seat as well. "Not gonna lie, I never had the greatest impression of pops. I think I remember him even, just a 'lil bit. Couldn't exactly say he was 'there' in any of our lives, can we?" he asked, taking a bite of one empanada. "That said....having just learned about him in all about two days, I've gotta admit he's one interesting interesting perro. I wanna see what his life was like...even though most of it revolved around stepping all over ours."
    "You remember Johannes..." A hundred small questions came to mind and just as swiftly stuffed away before they left her tongue. It was just as much a mystery to Miguel as to the rest of them. "Can't imagine what he wanted, one end of the world to the next."

Pressing a mash of pear preserve compote onto the surface, the texture of mottled, oven-baked flour on her plate swelled slowly disappeared under a soggy fruit layer without a blemish.

"...speaking of which, what was he missing, stepping around that life? What were you doing before all this came about?"

Standing up again, Jinny turned towards the doorway and said one thing before she left, "I understand that Vivian is already down there, and you know how much she eats. If you are hungry, I suggest you hurry up before all the food is gone." She then turned to look at them, "It's a pleasure to meet you, Holy Diver." smiled, then continued out of the room to give Jamie some privacy to get ready for Breakfast.
    Once outside the room, Jinny paused long enough to listen. Listen for any indication that Jamie was getting off her bed and getting ready to come downstairs before heading downstairs herself.
    Last edited by Tami; 04-18-2021 at 05:30 PM.