Page 87 of 108 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1610

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Following just behind Jamie, they headed for the stairs and down towards the dining room. As they did, they passed Boris.

Jinny looked at him, "I thought you'd be at the dining room by now, or are you waiting for us here? I don't know about you, but I could use some food. Didn't eat much last night."

With that, she continued walking, catching up to Jamie just as they reached the doorway and entered inside.

Grabbing a plate, Jinny scanned the offerings on the buffet table, finally settling on an omelet, a bagel with vegetable cream cheese, bacon, a small cup of mixed fruit, and orange juice. She considered the coffee or tea but decided to save that for later.

As she did, she looked around at the others already there. Finding a seat, she listened to what was being talked about as she began eating.

Boris arrives at the dining room looks at the offerings on the buffet table. he grabs potato pancakes, Syrniki, sausages, Nalisnikis, eggs on top of Shkvarky ( chopped and fried pork fat). Various types of slice cheese.

An apple, a Boiled Buckwheat Kasha, and Polenta Porridge with white cheese, Boris then finds a seat. Boris has the following slices of cheese on his plate. Urdă, Hrudka, Bryndza, Dobrodar, and Cheddar cheese.

Boris starts to eat his breakfest.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Lazily the day crawled forth, no doubt unmotivated by the guests' growing anxiety over the reading. Breakfast concluded, the many nameless staff members retrieving the used dishes and uneaten portions of food and spiriting both away to parts unknown in the manor. What drop of temperature the night might have to inch out from the summer heat was gone, leaving it up to the modern convenience of air conditioners to keep the estate at a comfortable degree.

According to what Hironobu had said during the ride here, the reading would not occur until the afternoon, leaving the guests ample time to wander around idly and work themselves up as they pondered over what their father's last words to them were. They would have full access to the parlor and library as well as the rest of the estate, save for Johannes Joestar's personal study, which remained as locked down as it had been the night before. Despite the freedom, however, most of the other guests seemed content with relaxing in their rooms, as the group would find.

---

Meanwhile, behind closed doors, tensions were rising.

Extraordinary Member

John was in the parlor, experimenting with his Stand's capabilities

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    So that's how you were able to see「Jigsaw Feeling」...

Yet it was, contrary to Vivian's rather animated spirit, curiously inert. It was, indeed...an egg. "Not exactly a puppy, now is it? Does it...does it do anything?"

The fruit preserves on Suzie's by now flattened to a pasty compote on a soggy flatbread. She scratched it with a tine of her fork, and a long, clotty blackberry scar bled down the middle like an open pustule.

"Force of habit, I suppose. When I let my mind wander, it always seems to drifts back to work," she smiled faintly and her black eyes lit up.

"There are all sorts of things things a camera or a willing audience pick up on in the moment which would normally be glossed over. A bit of off lighting, a shadow out of place, or an unfortunate stress pimple," she mused. "Both stage and film tend to leave a very stark impression, yeah? The kind that you'd never hear the end of."

Picking at the bits on her plate, the gash spread wider, and the seedy corpuscles stained the ceramic surface, yet stayed set in a syrupy sheen.

"I'd been assisting as a stylist at an effects workshop for a few years now. Some...obscure productions, like, on the BBC, or Titus at the Globe. Most of the FX credit goes to the computers and ping-pong ball suits, but those can also cost an awful lot."

Popping the greenish flesh of a blueberry into the reddish concoction, its shade slipped a tone darker in an instant.

"It's like Tom Savini on those old Romero flicks, yeah? Some things just need practical touch. Even the most gruesome shots on Day of the Dead were stained corn syrup and a touch of dish soap. The seedy texture of this jam though...pluck out a bit here and there makes it right scabby..."
    "The egg?" Vivian asked, knowing full well that's what was being asked about. "Taunts me, mostly." She tapped her cigarette out over the egg before taking a sip of her coffee. "Near as I can tell, it simply shows itself from time to time, to remind me of my failures." That it would persist, no matter how hard she attempted to forget it... excise it. "I'd not rely on it for anything, anyway. Ghost Puppies are dangerous, like a caged bear." No matter how well trained, how skilled the handler; one bad day was all it took.

Talk about her... sisters... job was interesting at least, so finished with what exposition she cared to offer, Vivian flitted on.

"Not much TV up in the Weald;" she replied after another quick sip. "Nature provides a lot of things... Electricity ain't one of them." Whatever a Romero or a BBC was may have been out of her purview, but the way Suzie talked was something to key in on for sure. "Seems like a lot of work though, getting the effects you want. Bit of this, comprehension of that, understanding what works with what," it did help she was making paint with her pastry... "Understand that, at least. Seems like fun."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

After breakfast, Boris looks around for a staff member.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

After breakfast, Jinny returned to her assigned guest room, though only for a short time. Less than an hour later, she was walking out of the door, pausing to look around, taking in the mansion and those few people she saw still walking through its central hallways down below.

Noticing a window looking out onto the grounds, she found herself walking downstairs then over to the nearest doorway. Stepping outside, she found herself back in the garden. After wandering around for a few moments, she took a seat on a partially shaded garden bench and enjoyed the warmth. Admittedly it was hot, very hot, but the sun felt nice against her skin and the fragrance of the flowers complemented their natural beauty.

Checking her watch, she confirmed that there was still time before the Will Reading, so she relaxed and let her mind wander in thought.
    Last edited by Tami; 04-22-2021 at 08:46 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    After breakfast, Boris looks around for a staff member.
    Boris wouldn't have to look long, considering there always seemed to be one standing in wait for any request.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Boris wouldn't have to look long, considering there always seemed to be one standing in wait for any request.
    Boris spots a staff member." Hey, did you pick up a book title Empress Milica and Dragon from Jastrepca and Other Tales last night by any chance?" Boris said.
    My Forum check it out

Boris spots a staff member." Hey, did you pick up a book title Empress Milica and Dragon from Jastrepca and Other Tales last night by any chance?" Boris said.
    The staff member, androgynous in appearance with pale skin and clad in a black suit like the rest of the house aides, looked at Boris with a tilted head, almost like a dog would. Boris might have felt something off about the staff member, but the guests could say that about all of the staff members here. Turning their head, another similar member approached, cradling what appeared to be torn paper and a badly damaged book cover.

"We found this in the hallway next to an axe and a badly damaged wheelchair," The newcomer explained with a well-polished and smooth voice; their words lacked any form of accent as well as any humanity. "This is as much as could be collected from the garbage. If you desire, we can attempt to repair but we cannot guarantee that it will be close to its original condition."

The staff member, androgynous in appearance with pale skin and clad in a black suit like the rest of the house aides, looked at Boris with a tilted head, almost like a dog would. Boris might have felt something off about the staff member, but the guests could say that about all of the staff members here. Turning their head, another similar member approached, cradling what appeared to be torn paper and a badly damaged book cover.

"We found this in the hallway next to an axe and a badly damaged wheelchair," The newcomer explained with a well-polished and smooth voice; their words lacked any form of accent as well as any humanity. "This is as much as could be collected from the garbage. If you desire, we can attempt to repair but we cannot guarantee that it will be close to its original condition."
    "Yeah, can you repair it? I don't want Debra to be mad at me. One question, is Empress Milica and Dragon from Jastrepca and Other Tales a rare book?" Boris said.
    My Forum check it out

"Yeah, can you repair it? I don't want Debra to be mad at me. One question, is Empress Milica and Dragon from Jastrepca and Other Tales a rare book?" Boris said.
    "Doubtful." One of the staff said, inspecting the damaged cover before the other gestured them away. With a nod, the staff member turned away and took the book's remains elsewhere for repair.

Lazily the day crawled forth, no doubt unmotivated by the guests' growing anxiety over the reading. Breakfast concluded, the many nameless staff members retrieving the used dishes and uneaten portions of food and spiriting both away to parts unknown in the manor. What drop of temperature the night might have to inch out from the summer heat was gone, leaving it up to the modern convenience of air conditioners to keep the estate at a comfortable degree.

According to what Hironobu had said during the ride here, the reading would not occur until the afternoon, leaving the guests ample time to wander around idly and work themselves up as they pondered over what their father's last words to them were. They would have full access to the parlor and library as well as the rest of the estate, save for Johannes Joestar's personal study, which remained as locked down as it had been the night before. Despite the freedom, however, most of the other guests seemed content with relaxing in their rooms, as the group would find.
    After breakfast, which Jamie would admit made her feel a bit better, she walked the grounds of the Joestar manor. She entertained herself by looking at her temporary surroundings and just enjoying the sights and the early-morning sun, which was warm without being sweltering like it would be later in the day. Her aimless wandering eventually took her to the garden that her stepmother Debra showed them yesterday.

It was still as beautiful and breathtaking as when she first saw it yester day, and Jamie decided to just walk through it slowly, taking time to enjoy the wild beauty of this symbol of love between Debra and Johannes.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    After breakfast, which Jamie would admit made her feel a bit better, she walked the grounds of the Joestar manor. She entertained herself by looking at her temporary surroundings and just enjoying the sights and the early-morning sun, which was warm without being sweltering like it would be later in the day. Her aimless wandering eventually took her to the garden that her stepmother Debra showed them yesterday.

It was still as beautiful and breathtaking as when she first saw it yester day, and Jamie decided to just walk through it slowly, taking time to enjoy the wild beauty of this symbol of love between Debra and Johannes.
    Hearing footsteps, Jinny turned her head in the direction of the sound and saw Jamie walking through the garden. As she approached, Jinny stood up from her bench and greeted her, "Jamie, looks like you had the same idea I had. This garden is a beautiful place for quiet contemplation."
    Last edited by Tami; 04-23-2021 at 04:57 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

"Doubtful." One of the staff said, inspecting the damaged cover before the other gestured them away. With a nod, the staff member turned away and took the book's remains elsewhere for repair.
    (Guess it's time to look for clues of connections between my granduncle and father. I should search by my granduncle's actual name Nikola Sagan Kuvalda,) Boris Thought. Boris begins his search.
    My Forum check it out

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Hearing footsteps, Jinny turned her head in the direction of the sound and saw Jamie walking through the garden. As she approached, Jinny stood up from her bench and greeted her, "Jamie, looks like you had the same idea I had. This garden is a beautiful place for quiet contemplation."
    "Indeed. I felt the garden was a good place to clear my head after last night. And maybe begin training with and learning more about Holy Diver... Though that's mostly because I think it best he not interact with the others more than necessary, considering the personality he seems to possess." Jamie replied with a small blush on her face.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis