Page 9 of 108 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "You're a bit early." Jinny responded, "I don't suppose you have identification or other proof that you are who you say you are?"
    Toby sighed, "Listen, I've been dealin' with fakes al--"

"I can vouch for him," The woman interjected, no doubt wishing to avoid hearing the driver complain and moan. Withdrawing an ID from her purse, she held it aloft, "My name is Debra Joestar. I suppose in a way, I am your step mother."

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Suzie crouched over the counter, plucking out the letter she'd sequestered, and studied it for a second.

After a long moment, and a deep breath, she gathered the nerve to ask.

"...don't suppose you've got the address, like?"
    His attention no longer on Jinny, Toby cackled in delight, "Sorry Miss, but I'm not a fella who relies on addresses. I just drive where people want me to drive."

Debra sighed, "Despite his... eccentricities, Toby has so far proven his competency as a driver."

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post

"I can vouch for him," The woman interjected, no doubt wishing to avoid hearing the driver complain and moan. Withdrawing an ID from her purse, she held it aloft, "My name is Debra Joestar. I suppose in a way, I am your step mother."

His attention no longer on Jinny, Toby cackled in delight, "Sorry Miss, but I'm not a fella who relies on addresses. I just drive where people want me to drive."

Debra sighed, "Despite his... eccentricities, Toby has so far proven his competency as a driver."
    "So, you're his widow, huh?" Sandra grunted. If so, that was just dandy. This lady must have felt like a literal piece of **** meeting all her man's bastard kids. All 16 of them.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"Good to hear, my last driver was supposed to take me to Chicago Heights, instead we ended up in Osceola. I had to make a run to catch the next bus south." Jinny stood up, draping her travel bag's strap across her body then grabbing the handle of her wheeled, mid-sized suitcase. "I'm ready when you all are."

"By the way, wasn't there a third person on that bus of yours?"
    Last edited by Tami; 01-01-2021 at 06:17 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

"...well, uhm..." she stammered, "...suppose it's a stroke of luck you'd found your way here...?"

First time overseas. First time in America. The painted shadows above Suzie's eyes seemed to swell beneath her brow, a glance flickering helplessly at Lenny and Carla for a moment. but they seemed to be just as taken aback as they were.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "So, you're his widow, huh?" Sandra grunted. If so, that was just dandy. This lady must have felt like a literal piece of **** meeting all her man's bastard kids. All 16 of them.
    As Suzie cast her pale face around the room, another query cut out from a...particularly robust individual with a touch of cigarette ash in her hair. The words were few, but they were highlighted by a certain, sharp accent that suggested she wasn't exactly continental, either. Best keep a distance, for now.

Moreover, the reporter's words about those that turned up dead, punctuated by the visitation of a widow seemed a mite suspect, considering. Still, Debra did reach out. Picking up her roller, on a few shaky steps she crossed the distance...then found herself short of words as they were swallowed by nerves.

"...I'm sorry for your loss," she offered.

"Oh! I wouldn't have-...I'm also sorry, for your loss," Miguel managed to cut himself off. His first instinct was to comment on how she looked fairly young. Was she that much older than him even? Though, perhaps she was and just aged really well. Hopefully things owuldn't get too awkward...but considering what a day it's been so far, they probably would. How recent of a marriage was this, he wondered.

Extraordinary Member

John, having finished his own food, began paying attention to the woman and Driver. He didn't think he'd ever think of her as a mother of any kind, there was no blood relation between them and, more importantly, she had played no part in raising him. But that did not mean he couldn't be polite

Stepping out of the bathroom, the cowboy-adorned man practically doubletaked at the size of Vivian's abomination of eggs, "What in the hell?" The man's voice was an odd mix of gravelly yet nasally with a thick southern drawl. Shaking his head, either in shame of what he had seen or to dislodge the horrible sight from his mind, he would then turn to address the occupants of the truck stop.

"Any of y'all happen to be Joestars?" He began, "I'm Toby Keith, sent by the Speedwagon Foundation to scoop up the remainin' few of ya headin' to Mr. Joestar's readin'."
    Swallowing the bite of eggs in her mouth, Jamie nodded to the strange cowboy-hatted man as she said "My name's Jamie Valentine, and I guess I am a Joestar. My mom never spoke of my biological father, and the Joestar 'birthmark' has recently appeared on the back of my neck."

"Though I've never heard of a birthmark spontaneously manifesting on someone in their adulthood."

Jamie's eyes began shining as she looked at the woman, a smile crossing her face as she said "Hello Mrs. Joestar... O-or should I call you mom? Would it be impolite for me to call you mom? I mean, we've just met one another for the first time. And I don't know how you feel about your late husband and my apparent father even having as many kids as he does from so many different women..."

"But... How do you know where you're going if you don't have the address of where people want you to drive?"
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Retired Overlord

Stepping out of the bathroom, the cowboy-adorned man practically doubletaked at the size of Vivian's abomination of eggs, "What in the hell?" The man's voice was an odd mix of gravelly yet nasally with a thick southern drawl. Shaking his head, either in shame of what he had seen or to dislodge the horrible sight from his mind, he would then turn to address the occupants of the truck stop.

"Any of y'all happen to be Joestars?" He began, "I'm Toby Keith, sent by the Speedwagon Foundation to scoop up the remainin' few of ya headin' to Mr. Joestar's readin'."
    As the man exited the bathroom, distracted as he was by the steep and treacherous cliffs of omelet mountain, a shadow of a girl slipped by unseen....catching only the beginning of his conversation with the others as she made her way inside. It was sort, but telling.....if he was to be believed at face value he was there to pick up the ones heading to the will reading....herself included. Yet she would not turn to accept his offer, not yet.

It was.....too timely, too convenient, too easy.

Slipping up to the bathroom door, Lucy quickly took stock of a few things....specifically, the door, how it opened and if it could be barred easily from the outside. Finally, she moved up beside it and listened carefully for sound or movement from the other side for a few moments...carefully to not draw attention from the others currently focused on the cowboy.

"What venues do you usually perform in? Have you done any stage work?"
    "I usually perform in venues in New Jersey, and I have done stage work," Boris said.

Boris opens up his suitcase and takes out what appears to be a decapitated head. In fact, if one were to look inside the suitcase, they would see what seems to be dismembered human body parts.

However, if one was to carefully inspect the head that Boris is holding. They would see that even though highly realistic, it's not a real human head," This is the reason why I have to tell people not to look in my suitcase.

" Because they see the parts of my puppet and mistake them for actual dismembered human body parts. Had to go through authorities multiples times during my travel because someone made that mistake," Boris said.

( Can't tell anyone that I used to be a former member of The Ukrainian Mafia. Of course, a good detective could figure that out just by researching my last name) Boris thought.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    "I usually perform in venues in New Jersey, and I have done stage work," Boris said.

Boris opens up his suitcase and takes out what appears to be a decapitated head. In fact, if one were to look inside the suitcase, they would see what seems to be dismembered human body parts.

However, if one was to carefully inspect the head that Boris is holding. They would see that even though highly realistic, it's not a real human head," This is the reason why I have to tell people not to look in my suitcase.

" Because they see the parts of my puppet and mistake them for actual dismembered human body parts. Had to go through authorities multiples times during my travel because someone made that mistake," Boris said.

( Can't tell anyone that I used to be a former member of The Ukrainian Mafia. Of course, a good detective could figure that out just by researching my last name) Boris thought.
    "I have a few connections among the Broadway crowd. If you are ever in need of work, let me know and I can make some inquiries."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

"I have a few connections among the Broadway crowd. If you are ever in need of work, let me know and I can make some inquiries."
    " Working on Broadway would be great," Boris said.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

"Eh?"

It was perhaps fitting for a journey so filled with so many... inconvenient setbacks (setbacks no simple trip from New York to Texas should ever have had, even without with the resources available to her) that even something as oddly convenient as a special bus coming to pick up her and her apparent half-siblings would end up coming at such an unsurprisingly inconvenient time. She had, after all, only just started on her latest stack of pancakes and- given how good they were- wanted to take as much time as possible to enjoy them the way good food was meant to. Unfortunately, it was highly unlikely that anyone would be willing to wait on her to finish before heading out and while she could simply just wait for the scheduled bus, that too had it's risks- especially considering all the various setbacks she encountered thus far. No, it was much more prudent- if a whole lot less satisfying- to go ahead and leave with the functional bus already here rather than wait for one that- given her recent luck- was liable to break down or simply... not show up at all.

Still, it was with something of a morose expression that she pulled out her phone and began to inform her guardians on the change in plans.

"You're a bit early." Jinny responded, "I don't suppose you have identification or other proof that you are who you say you are?"

spoilers:

KnS Live:

Gula: It looks like Stepmother Debra and some people from the Speedwagon Foundation are here to pick people up for the reading, so I'll be leaving the Junction Stop a bit sooner than I mentioned earlier. I kinda feel bad for the cook, so...

Momoi: You need a large purchase greenlit on the orange account? Sure thing! I'll have that cleared for you in just a sec-

Gula: Actually, I'll need it cleared for the yellow account, not the orange one.

Momoi: Wait, the yellow account?

Gula: Yep.

Momoi: How? What did you- actually, don't answer that; I probably don't want to know.

Gula: Let's just say the pancakes were really good.

Momoi: And now I'm sure I really don't want to know. Anyway, I've greenlit the purchase on the yellow account. Anything else?

Gula: That should be it for now. Later, I'll be making a couple of donations to the Girl Scouts so can you pass that on to Aka or NI?

Momoi: Will do. Best of luck at the reading.

Gula: I'm not sure if luck applies for this kind of thing, but with all the trouble I had just getting here, I'll take it anyway. Thanks, and goodbye.
    end of spoilers

Once she was done updating KnS, she got up once again and went to the cashier.

"It looks like I'll leaving a little early today so I guess I'll go ahead and settle my tab- well, whenever you're ready for me. Oh, and I guess I also need a to-go box if you have any."
    Last edited by Noldere; 01-07-2021 at 05:29 AM.
    This signature intentionally left blank.

"Hi there, Keith, I'm Boris Kuvalda , and I'm related to Mr. Joestar. It's good that you who you say you are and that you're a competent driver. In my childhood home of Zaporizhzhia, Zaporizhzhia Oblast, Ukraine, someone faking their identity would get them killed. Zaporizhzhia Oblast isn't a nice place," Boris said.

" Left it to start a better life here in America in December 2042," Boris said. Boris then looks at Debra." I'll just call you Debra as I already have a mother, her name is Anastasiya. Maybe you heard of her?" Boris said.
    My Forum check it out

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "Good to hear, my last driver was supposed to take me to Chicago Heights, instead we ended up in Osceola. I had to make a run to catch the next bus south." Jinny stood up, draping her travel bag's strap across her body then grabbing the handle of her wheeled, mid-sized suitcase. "I'm ready when you all are."

"By the way, wasn't there a third person on that bus of yours?"
    Debra looked weary, no doubt they hadn't been the first to give their condolences on this long journey.

"There were five of us,"

The large, tattooed man stepped out of the bathroom, his face an impassive stone mask.

"That is Domo Arigatou, my bodyguard," Debra said, thankful to have him in her presence again.

"The other two have letters like you all, but have kept to themselves for most of the trip."
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Swallowing the bite of eggs in her mouth, Jamie nodded to the strange cowboy-hatted man as she said "My name's Jamie Valentine, and I guess I am a Joestar. My mom never spoke of my biological father, and the Joestar 'birthmark' has recently appeared on the back of my neck."

"Though I've never heard of a birthmark spontaneously manifesting on someone in their adulthood."
    "The Joestar what now?" Toby replied, utterly confused, "I don't know anythin' about a birthmark... a bit TMI if ya ask me, little lady."

Jamie's eyes began shining as she looked at the woman, a smile crossing her face as she said "Hello Mrs. Joestar... O-or should I call you mom? Would it be impolite for me to call you mom? I mean, we've just met one another for the first time. And I don't know how you feel about your late husband and my apparent father even having as many kids as he does from so many different women..."
    She seemed caught off guard, more accustomed to the cynicism of the others, "Sure... I can't promise you much, but if are you the child of Johannes, then we are family."

"But... How do you know where you're going if you don't have the address of where people want you to drive?"
    "Experience. I've driven every single road you can imagine. It's like a sixth sense."

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    "Hi there, Keith, I'm Boris Kuvalda , and I'm related to Mr. Joestar. It's good that you who you say you are and that you're a competent driver. In my childhood home of Zaporizhzhia, Zaporizhzhia Oblast, Ukraine, someone faking their identity would get them killed. Zaporizhzhia Oblast isn't a nice place," Boris said.

" Left it to start a better life here in America in December 2042," Boris said. Boris then looks at Debra." I'll just call you Debra as I already have a mother, her name is Anastasiya. Maybe you heard of her?" Boris said.
    Debra's expression turned cautious, not sure if she even wanted to know the answer, "S-should I?"

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    As the man exited the bathroom, distracted as he was by the steep and treacherous cliffs of omelet mountain, a shadow of a girl slipped by unseen....catching only the beginning of his conversation with the others as she made her way inside. It was sort, but telling.....if he was to be believed at face value he was there to pick up the ones heading to the will reading....herself included. Yet she would not turn to accept his offer, not yet.

It was.....too timely, too convenient, too easy.

Slipping up to the bathroom door, Lucy quickly took stock of a few things....specifically, the door, how it opened and if it could be barred easily from the outside. Finally, she moved up beside it and listened carefully for sound or movement from the other side for a few moments...carefully to not draw attention from the others currently focused on the cowboy.
    [Lucy (PER): 01]

There were two men left in the bathroom. Despite Debra's previous statement of them keeping to themselves, Lucy can hear them chatting to each other.

It was hard to make out, but she could be certain she heard the word, 'plan'.