Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Keep in mind, this is the same Red Skull that desecrated Charles Xavier's grave and stole his brain. You really think anyone in the X-men won't be outraged enough to join someone like Apocalypse?
    They should first be outraged that this was information held from them (which still makes no sense to me) by their "friends and colleagues" the Avengers. Apocalypse is the best person to have on your side for this battle against Redslaught. You think that he's going to want the mutant race to be destroyed to put into concentration camps? Hells no...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by IdaqiBeauty View Post
    They flat out said that he would be mind controlled.
    "However, Remender was quick to stress that this isn't mind control-- the decisions of the characters is focused by different choices based on their traits. All of it leads into the big third act, which Remender describes as "the biggest X-Men showdown I could think of."

Where did "they flat out" say it?

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=54736

Edit: I thought bolding will make things a bit clearer.
    Last edited by Hariel0079; 08-19-2014 at 01:45 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dashan View Post
    Feet below the ankles, and hands below the wrists is a good place to start.
    And then his tongue, I suppose...

Fantastic Member

A semi-heroic Apocalypse would be an interesting payoff to some of the long running Remender lore surrounding him (successors aside) - like how his appearance began to unravel the Deathlok Nation future or the alternate Final Execution future talked up some big battle between him and all the heroes. Both scenarios interestingly involve the superheroes becoming crazy and authoritarian - the former where he undoes it and the latter where he is the catalyst. It would be pretty crazy if Apocalypse becomes a rallying figure of freedom somehow.

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    "However, Remender was quick to stress that this isn't mind control-- the decisions of the characters is focused by different choices based on their traits. All of it leads into the big third act, which Remender describes as "the biggest X-Men showdown I could think of."

Where did "they flat out" say it?

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=54736

Edit: I thought bolding will make things a bit clearer.
    He was explaining the INVERSIONS to not be mind control. That doesn't mean eh couldn't just mind control mags with his helmet off and send him back to hunt Scott. But I don't see where they explicitly say he's mind controlled either, so up in the air.............
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    He was explaining the INVERSIONS to not be mind control. That doesn't mean eh couldn't just mind control mags with his helmet off and send him back to hunt Scott. But I don't see where they explicitly say he's mind controlled either, so up in the air.............
    I know he was talking about "Inversion", the flipping of characters. Magneto in this case playing a big role.

Point in case it's stated no mind control by the writer. There's no misunderstanding or room to interpret otherwise.

BANNED

Remender originally said Magneto would be tricky to invert since he's in the middle side anyway. It's not about evil or good but the ends justifying the means.

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    I know he was talking about "Inversion", the flipping of characters. Magneto in this case playing a big role.

Point in case it's stated no mind control by the writer. There's no misunderstanding or room to interpret otherwise.
    Inversions are not mind control, as stated, but somehow we get Mags supporting a Nazi? The fact that so many characters were pointed out as being inverted while Magneto was not gives much room for speculation. I need more info on this inversion thing, I hope it's not just a Now I'm Bad > Grr!! screw everything. Then it makes sense to join Red Skull XD

Edit: Thought article paragraph was addressing Loki, not Mags
    Last edited by Mr. Brightside; 08-19-2014 at 02:30 PM.
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

BANNED

Magneto is clearly being mind controlled Hariel.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Bad-Ass Cover

MAGNETO #12
    CULLEN BUNN (w) • GABRIEL HERNANDEZ WALTA (a)
    Cover by DAVID YARDIN
    AXIS TIE-IN!
    • As the Red Skull’s influence permeates the world, Magneto is confronted by the best friend he thought buried…
    • Could it be that Magneto has more in common with Charles Xavier than he once thought?

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    Rogue and Nightcrawler...
    His foster sister. Yet not on the cover of the Nightcrawler comic. Instead they have Weird Pirate Chick.
    She is a hostage of the uncanny avengers, remember ?.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSurferSupreme View Post
    AVENGERS & X-MEN: AXIS #6 (OF 9)
    RICK REMENDER (W) • TERRY DODSON (A)
    Cover by JIM CHEUNG
    INVERSION VARIANT BY TBA
    YOUNG GUNS VARIANT BY VALERIO SCHITI
    ACT II: INVERSION
    • The Axis of Evil have won, who is left to stop them?
    • Rogue and Nightcrawler vs Mystique!
    • Thor vs Loki!
    • Magneto and Quicksilver vs The Scarlet Witch!
    • This is it, the face of the new world disorder--The Astonishing Avengers are formed!

Who the HECK are Astonishing Avengers??

I hope a team of X-men start calling themselves Avengers and Troll Avengers!!!
    I would be really surprised if that team isnt Rememder's new book.

Quote Originally Posted by vaf2675 View Post
    "Plus the X-Men are "joining their greatest foe" and "claiming a new home" in AXIS itself."

If it truly is Apocalypse, as is implied by that cover art, I'll really like to see how Remender justifies this. I could see Cyclops going that dark, but Storm, Colossus and Nightcrawler too? NO WAY!
    Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    It doesn't mean that the X-men are going dark. It means that they realize that they don't have the power necessary to take out Red Onslaught alone and they are joining up with Apocalypse (or some nemesis) in order to get the job done. Same thing, in my mind, goes with Magneto in terms of joining villains in the sake of saving the planet.
    Well, the x-men, except nightcrawler, already joined forces with the phoenix; so joining apocalypse is not that different.

Quote Originally Posted by anthony_lynch15 View Post
    Glad to see a number of poster excited (or at least curious) about AXIS.
    So far it sounds to me like it could be a great story.
    Really looking forward to reading it.

As for Sabretooth versus a possibly vicious Nightcrawler. (maybe)
    BAMF - There goes Creed's head!
    Well, my interest, and my kind-of excitement, is from the possibility that the x-men would turn evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Rising7 View Post
    A semi-heroic Apocalypse would be an interesting payoff to some of the long running Remender lore surrounding him (successors aside) - like how his appearance began to unravel the Deathlok Nation future or the alternate Final Execution future talked up some big battle between him and all the heroes. Both scenarios interestingly involve the superheroes becoming crazy and authoritarian - the former where he undoes it and the latter where he is the catalyst. It would be pretty crazy if Apocalypse becomes a rallying figure of freedom somehow.
    Well, Apocalypse becoming a rallying and positive figure for the mutants is rather posible, especially if the x-men lose the battle.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Bad-Ass Cover

MAGNETO #12
    Cover by DAVID YARDIN
    AXIS TIE-IN!
    • As the Red Skull’s influence permeates the world, Magneto is confronted by the best friend he thought buried…
    • Could it be that Magneto has more in common with Charles Xavier than he once thought?
    OH SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This cover is pure perfection. Wow I can't wait to get this.

o

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Bad-Ass Cover

MAGNETO #12
    Cover by DAVID YARDIN
    AXIS TIE-IN!
    u mean bad ass booty right ?

BANNED

Skull's tiny head looks ridiculous on that cover.

BANNED

Red Onslaught's design does nothing for me. Bring back Sin and throw the Skull out.