Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default You Enter the Marvel-616 Universe

You get dropped into your home, where it would be, only difference being in the Marvel-616, everyine you know exists in this world. You have one Superpower, the ability to absorb the memories, abilities, and enhancements of those you kill. With this skill in mind you may wonder to being a villain, however you may find a way to become a hero. How do you fair in this world, if aggressive who do you hunt down first?

So if you're starting out as a normal human with the ability to assimilate who you kill, you're really not gonna get far.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Murder is not heroic, and even killing enemies in battle is generally avoided by Marvel heroes, so the hero route is not a realistic option. As a villain, it wouldn't be safe to prey on heroes because all the weakest heroes tend to belong to teams, so killing one is going to spark a manhunt with some very powerful heroes involved. It would be safer to prey on other villains, but even just leaving a trail of villain bodies would eventually provoke investigation by heroes. (Remember Scourge?) So the safest possibility would be to aim low and prey on normal human beings, and leverage their knowledge for low-key criminal activity. Like go after business people who might know valuable passwords and PIN numbers. But keep it all below hero radar by sticking to non-hero towns, like say almost any city that is not New York City. Live like a serial killer and keep moving around and changing identities.

Not really into the whole killing people for knowledge thing, but for the purposes of the thread, we’ll pretend I am. In which case I might as well go balls-out.

If it’s all coming down to knowledge and skills, it’s true that you’re not going to get very far, so I think I’d try to hunt down someone with specific genetic skills but no inherent powers, like Kavita Rao. I’d then use that knowledge to try and finagle my way into working for (alongside) my fellow Brit, Herbert Wyndham (i.e. The High Evolutionary) for an extended period (probably at least a couple of years) to earn his trust, before I then try to find a furtive way to subtly take him out.

I then evolve the shit out of myself and take out Richards, Doom, Pym, Stark, T’Challa, Banner, McCoy, Octavius, Sinister etc. And just keep tweaking and enhancing my personal power.

Oh, and probably the likes of Mantis, the Immortal Weapons, Bullseye and Taskmaster, just for combat skills.

At some point quite early on, possibly even before I went to Wyndham, I’d probably target someone like David Alleyne (Prodigy), who has a crap-ton of varied stored knowledge but no physical power. In this Sylar-esque power-grab, he’s comparatively easy money.

I’d take out AIM as an organisation completely, just so I’d know how to make a cosmic cube.

Then try and find an opportunity to take out Stephen Strange. I know a large chunk of Marvel magic capacity comes from personal magic power, which I almost certainly have none of, but Stevie’s knowledge is going to come in handy if you can kill him.

And then once I’m suitably powered up, it’s time for the Thanos, Elders, Uatu kind of people etc.

And then I’d just stop. I don’t need to mess with Galactus or the like.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Not really into the whole killing people for knowledge thing, but for the purposes of the thread, we’ll pretend I am. In which case I might as well go balls-out.

If it’s all coming down to knowledge and skills, it’s true that you’re not going to get very far, so I think I’d try to hunt down someone with specific genetic skills but no inherent powers, like Kavita Rao. I’d then use that knowledge to try and finagle my way into working for (alongside) my fellow Brit, Herbert Wyndham (i.e. The High Evolutionary) for an extended period (probably at least a couple of years) to earn his trust, before I then try to find a furtive way to subtly take him out.

I then evolve the shit out of myself and take out Richards, Doom, Pym, Stark, T’Challa, Banner, McCoy, Octavius, Sinister etc. And just keep tweaking and enhancing my personal power.

Oh, and probably the likes of Mantis, the Immortal Weapons, Bullseye and Taskmaster, just for combat skills.

At some point quite early on, possibly even before I went to Wyndham, I’d probably target someone like David Alleyne (Prodigy), who has a crap-ton of varied stored knowledge but no physical power. In this Sylar-esque power-grab, he’s comparatively easy money.

I’d take out AIM as an organisation completely, just so I’d know how to make a cosmic cube.

Then try and find an opportunity to take out Stephen Strange. I know a large chunk of Marvel magic capacity comes from personal magic power, which I almost certainly have none of, but Stevie’s knowledge is going to come in handy if you can kill him.

And then once I’m suitably powered up, it’s time for the Thanos, Elders, Uatu kind of people etc.

And then I’d just stop. I don’t need to mess with Galactus or the like.
    Assuming enhancements/ability implies you steal their power source. You'd probably become a Sorcerer Supreme if you gank Strange.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    So if you're starting out as a normal human with the ability to assimilate who you kill, you're really not gonna get far.
    Best bet would be to assassinate Doctor Doom with a sniper rifle while he is just in civilian clothes. Unfortunately, he seems to wear that armor 24/7, and also has some of the best security on Earth-616, even in his embassies. And maybe has magical auto-shields now. Pre-Extremis Tony Stark would have been an even easier possibility. Both of them have the sheer knowledge to offer a wealth of prep possibilities against anybody else on the planet.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lazzlo304 View Post
    You get dropped into your home, where it would be, only difference being in the Marvel-616, everyine you know exists in this world. You have one Superpower, the ability to absorb the memories, abilities, and enhancements of those you kill. With this skill in mind you may wonder to being a villain, however you may find a way to become a hero. How do you fair in this world, if aggressive who do you hunt down first?
    Find a way to get Rogue in the sack, and resume life as a normal human being afterwards(IF she has the permanent power drain thing still going on...) Preferably at Stark Enterprises in some role or another.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

As it doesn't specify that the ability only refers to killing humans, how many spiders would one need to swat to become Spider-Man?

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Meh, get Weather Wizard or Mr. Fantastic to give you some kind of super-gun or something and you could at least be a one-comic badguy for an established hero.

The other idea would be to use your real-world knowledge to blackmail characters into doing things for you. Preferably you'd want ones like Spider-Man who would feel too guilty about letting you die from your own hubris when it backfires on you, and probably avoid villains who would just murder you to prevent their secret from getting out.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

The Recipe for Disaster Blackid's Avatar

Id start by offing Leech.... only powerset is power dampening. Then I just pick off all heroes/villains street level and work my way up....Keeping the dampening skill on high makes every superhuman just a human.
    The Recipe for Disaster asks for Blasphemy, but as for me, ask for me, I give it gravity.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    The other idea would be to use your real-world knowledge to blackmail characters into doing things for you. .
    Better still, if you have an opportunity to prove yourself by providing insight using your real world knowledge, you could probably make good money being a Super Hero Consultant, since you already know most of the tropes, identities, and how most storylines will play out. Even if you're placed after events that you're familiar with, you should know enough to be able predict and advise effectively based on having more knowledge of everything in their universe than most of the characters would have.

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Meh, get Weather Wizard or Mr. Fantastic to give you some kind of super-gun or something and you could at least be a one-comic badguy for an established hero.
    Dr. Richards, will you please make me a super-gun so I can rob a bank?

Nicholas Fury, what are you doing in my house? And what's with the chains?
    The CBR Community Standards & Rules - Your Guide to Being a Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lazzlo304 View Post
    You have one Superpower, the ability to absorb the memories, abilities, and enhancements of those you kill.
    I suspect I probably just keep on going with my normal life. Rather than try to bump off super-people, I might try to leverage my knowledge of the MU somehow.

If I'm going to become some sort of predatory assassin, however, I probably ought to learn to do it right. How much is tuition at Taskmaster's school? Out of my range, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    Nicholas Fury, what are you doing in my house? And what's with the chains?
    I needed a place to crash, I can't get through the metal detector at work anymore.

Arx Inosaan