Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I kill Medusa so I can stop using Rogaine. Then I kill Trapster and start up a hopefully lucrative adhesive manufacturing operation. Then I retire.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

I think going straight after any sort of "named" character with the intention to murder them is both morally reprehensible and doomed to failure. If you really want to milk this, I think the best bet is to start small and legal. Get a job working as an executioner-- the guy who administers the lethal injection at the prison. Problem is getting all the memories of death row inmates is probably gonna drive you insane.

So instead join an army in an active war zone. You'll be paid to kill people, and as long as you are only targeting active combatants your skills will keep improving. (I still wouldn't do this-- I have no interest in being a soldier or killing for power, but it is at least less awful than being a serial killer.) Eventually you can work your way into the SHIELD ranks and start getting shots at high powered targets. Though I don't know when the last time SHIELD agent actually got a kill was.

I'd be worried showing off meta knowledge would paint a target on my back, though, so I'd be careful about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    I think going straight after any sort of "named" character with the intention to murder them is both morally reprehensible and doomed to failure. If you really want to milk this, I think the best bet is to start small and legal. Get a job working as an executioner-- the guy who administers the lethal injection at the prison. Problem is getting all the memories of death row inmates is probably gonna drive you insane.

So instead join an army in an active war zone. You'll be paid to kill people, and as long as you are only targeting active combatants your skills will keep improving. (I still wouldn't do this-- I have no interest in being a soldier or killing for power, but it is at least less awful than being a serial killer.) Eventually you can work your way into the SHIELD ranks and start getting shots at high powered targets. Though I don't know when the last time SHIELD agent actually got a kill was.

I'd be worried showing off meta knowledge would paint a target on my back, though, so I'd be careful about that.
    Of course, if you DID know that, they’d have to kill YOU.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Going to work as an executioner isnt exactly moral for me...
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Going to work as an executioner isnt exactly moral for me...
    Oh, I agree. I'm pretty anti death penalty myself. But it is a step up the moral ladder over, say, serial killer.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Ask Jean Grey really nicely if I can kill her one time. She's all but guaranteed to come back and I get telekinesis out of the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Ask Jean Grey really nicely if I can kill her one time. She's all but guaranteed to come back and I get telekinesis out of the deal.
    If we’re going that route I wonder if you could persuade Jamie Maddox to part with one of his multiples.

Kill one of those > Gain Multiplication Abilty > Who go out and kill more > We all meet back at our place and combine our abilities

Assuming his power works that way/he’s still around I guess
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Swiss army nerd

The whole powerset and setup is abhorrent to me, but I'll play, as ethically as I can?

So, by "kill", what do we mean here? Do I have to physically end their life with my own hands? Because my first thought was to find an airline pilot, preferably one who is generally horrible anyway, and kill him. Now I know how to fly a plane. I get a plane and a parachute or something, I dunno, set the plane on a collision course with The Raft and fill it with explosives. I jump out with my parachute. Hopefully I kill a bunch of superhuman villains and get all their abilities. This should set me up well to start picking off more and more villains and growing my power. Of course, I now have the memories of a lot of supervillains so I might be a little insane. More insane than crashing a plane into a prison, I mean.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Oh, I agree. I'm pretty anti death penalty myself. But it is a step up the moral ladder over, say, serial killer.
    Cool about anti-death penalty.

For myself, there's nothing in this thread forcing me to kill. Ergo, I won't be doing any killing. So I guess I pester Stephen Strange to send me home.

Alternately, Dimensional Grapple Gun for the escape! *choof*
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

The Recipe for Disaster Blackid's Avatar

Well let's make this thread about LOVE.... how far would you go to gain powers of anyone, hero or villain if the more passionate you are with them, you gain their powers? Please don't get nasty. Just want to see if your comfort level decreases with the type of super person you "encounter". From smile, to handshake to kiss, to …. who knows, the power, skills intensifies.
    The Recipe for Disaster asks for Blasphemy, but as for me, ask for me, I give it gravity.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    She MAY come back. Or it may turn out you killed a time-travelling cyborg clone of her daughter with a cosmic force that came here from an Alternate dimension that just happens to be going by "Jean Grey" for reasons too complicated to get into right now.

Because comics are WEIRD!
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

BANNED

Actually. I'll ask Mr. Immortal to let me kill him once.

And afterwards both of us go hit up Deadpool.

The three of us are heading to Snowflame's, mountain of pizza in hand, at the end of the day to get high off of HIS supply and since none of us can die we're going to get HAMMERED.

Depending on the current scope of her power, Scarlet Witch might be a good target.

PROS: Easy to kill; potentially delivering massive reality-warping ability.

CONS: New power lacks any sort of defensive capability; will get hunted by the Avengers.

The power lets you gain the memories, abilities and enhancements of those you kill. It doesn't require you to gain their weaknesses. So one way someone could gain powers without becoming an evil murderer is to start hanging out with Blade and helping him slay vampires. After staking your first one with his help you'll gain all the benefits and powers that come from the vampiric condition with none of the drawbacks.

If you keep on slaying vamps you'll have the opportunity to pick up a wide variety of skills and potentially useful knowledge, like say account numbers and passwords from rich bloodsuckers or mystic lore from a spellcasting one. And you'll be doing good by protecting the unsuspecting public from monsters. You could maybe branch out and team up with other occult based heroes to slay other types of supernatural monsters, collecting new abilities from the various demons and arcane beasts you dispatch.
    The CBR Community Standards & Rules - Your Guide to Being a Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    The power lets you gain the memories, abilities and enhancements of those you kill. It doesn't require you to gain their weaknesses. So one way someone could gain powers without becoming an evil murderer is to start hanging out with Blade and helping him slay vampires. After staking your first one with his help you'll gain all the benefits and powers that come from the vampiric condition with none of the drawbacks.

If you keep on slaying vamps you'll have the opportunity to pick up a wide variety of skills and potentially useful knowledge, like say account numbers and passwords from rich bloodsuckers or mystic lore from a spellcasting one. And you'll be doing good by protecting the unsuspecting public from monsters. You could maybe branch out and team up with other occult based heroes to slay other types of supernatural monsters, collecting new abilities from the various demons and arcane beasts you dispatch.
    Man, now this is giving me ideas for fiction.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie