Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: New Costume

Reminds me of Superman Blue.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Amazing Member

Looking at the cover I see Norah, Randy and Jonah tailing Spider-man. Is Spencer going to actually remember the supporting cast other than Mary Jane? I thought I was reading that new book Non-Stop Spider-man with how very little I've seen of Peter in this run

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Replace the white/grey with the traditional red and the glowing lines by traditional black lines and it could be a really cool redesign.

I wonder how long the new costume will last. and what random person will end up being a spider-hero wearing it after that. hopefully not a villain. just saying.

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

I'm kinda digging it for the most part, except the weird eyepieces with the glowing dots. I'm probably just overly paranoid due to the MCU, but am I the only one who's worried by the STARK logo in the background of one of those covers... god, can we have a moratorium on any Spider-Man/Iron Man interactions at all in any media? If this storyline is about Iron Man becoming Peter's mentor or something I'm gonna be very annoyed.
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

Everyones saying STARK, but I noticed on the cover for 63 (the second cover) that Jameson, Norah, and a cameraman are at the bottom near Spider-Man's leg. What if Norah somehow persuades Spider-Man to wear a new costume through Threats and Menaces.

It reminds me of Gray Fox from Metal Gear

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    It has potential. Not completely feeling it now, but part of me is feeling it. It doesn't have the wide white eyes, the red, or the black web patterns, y'know, the iconic features of Spider-Man's costume. And that's what's drawing me to it, it's different. Different can be good.

At the same time, there seems to be an indie comic quality to it. It reminds me of designs I'd see on Deviantart or Webtoons. So, there needs to be a bit more to make this work.

I look forward to this though.

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    I'm kinda digging it for the most part, except the weird eyepieces with the glowing dots. I'm probably just overly paranoid due to the MCU, but am I the only one who's worried by the STARK logo in the background of one of those covers... god, can we have a moratorium on any Spider-Man/Iron Man interactions at all in any media? If this storyline is about Iron Man becoming Peter's mentor or something I'm gonna be very annoyed.
    I think we can thank the MCU partially for it looking like such a "hi-tech" update.

The thing I kinda like about it is the weird round bug-eyes, like the 70s Hammond show suit. Other than that it's kinda a hard sell for me cause it just feels like a variation of all the other techy Spidey suits.

I am completely...whelmed.

Quoting Young Justice when talking about Spider-Man?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    It reminds me of Gray Fox from Metal Gear
    Nah. That reminds me of Deathstroke.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

iMan 42s

I guess someone didn't like drawing webbing again.

There's nothing really bad about the costume design but this does not look like a costume meant to last. It's probably going to be here for the run or an arc or two. If anything it's fine but not as cool as Miguel's ANAD costume or as cool of an update as Superior Octopus.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Spectacular Member Knightmare10880's Avatar

It's interesting and the eyes are what keep grabbing my attention in a way that I'm not sure is good or bad but it's a very interesting look.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

It's not a bad design, but it would look better to me if the blue (and gray) were black and the glowing bits were red, though orange might not be so bad with a black-and-silver/white color scheme (Deathstroke made it work over at DC during his Rebirth solo). That said, I look forward to finding out the in-story context for this new suit.
    The spider is always on the hunt.