Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: New Costume

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    The glowing eyes just makes me think the artist was really amused by the MCU's Spider-Man Stark suit when "kill mode" was activated.

It's just kind of bland looking, imo.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one getting a Starksuit vibe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stick Figure View Post
    Not crazy about the color scheme but other than that it’s not bad. I like tech suits. All characters should have some type of tech incorporated into their suits. It’s just part of life. A straight spandex suit isn’t very realistic.
    Do web-shooters not count?

I dunno, but Peter wearing Miguel O’Hara’s 2099 suit for this arc (or whatever this turns out to be) might have been cool.

Marvel had to know ppl would be divided on this, so they could have leaned into it and gone w. the Spider-man Unlimited suit...

Astonishing Member

Honestly, with the shadow of OMD reaching Peter's world in a devastating time, I thought his new suit would be a new version of the black suit; repeating how Peter smashed Kingpin after Aunt May was shot. Is it just me, or this suit has something similar to the uniform of DC's Ted Kord, the second Blue Beetle?

I don’t really see a lot of Ted in there. It could just be me though.

Astonishing Member

High tech suit, blue colors and yellow bug eyes. Compare this with Spider-Man's resources back when he had Parker Industries, and it's quite similar to Kord Industries.

In that sense yeah I see your point!
    I was thinking strictly visual. I love Ted Kord BB’s outfit as much if not more than Spidey’s actually. Ditko knocked both designs out of the park.

The costume seems cold and unfriendly and seems to be going out of it's way to look sleek and cool. His normal colors are vibrant and energetic. This is a cold emotionless costume.

None of that strikes me as straights of Peter Parker's character. Well, okay. I'll give you "sleek" but intentionally cool is not something Spidey is. He doesn't try to look cool. he's kind of goofy actually. That's part of the charm. This is a charmless suit. It doesn't look like Peter Parker: Spider-man. It looks like some other guy has taken over for Spider-man.

I'm also getting really tired of new costumes all the time. It doesn't feel like it means anything anymore. Remember when characters had a certain look and they stuck to it? Which meant when they did change, it was a special occasion. These days people wear new costumes every other Tuesday. It's not special anymore.

keep it for at least a year. And don't give it to anyone else after.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    keep it for at least a year. And don't give it to anyone else after.
    Oh man I hadn’t even thought of that.
    The possibility of yet another Spider character.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    The costume seems cold and unfriendly and seems to be going out of it's way to look sleek and cool. His normal colors are vibrant and energetic. This is a cold emotionless costume.
    Yeah, you managed to better put into words what I was feeling. There is something very "organic" about Peter's original costume, as well as the Black symbiote suit and the Ben Reilly Spidey/ Scarlet Spider costumes. This just doesn't have that vibrant life to it. (Plus, I am just not a fan of these digital looking Spider emblems, didn't like it on the "Tron" looking stealth suit either.)

I wonder if this was in any way meant to tie into the Disneyland Avengers campus, with the Spider-Man tech-focused "W.E.B. workshop," sponsored by Stark Industries, dark ride?
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Yeah, you managed to better put into words what I was feeling. There is something very "organic" about Peter's original costume, as well as the Black symbiote suit and the Ben Reilly Spidey/ Scarlet Spider costumes. This just doesn't have that vibrant life to it. (Plus, I am just not a fan of these digital looking Spider emblems, didn't like it on the "Tron" looking stealth suit either.)

I wonder if this was in any way meant to tie into the Disneyland Avengers campus, with the Spider-Man tech-focused "W.E.B. workshop," sponsored by Stark Industries, dark ride?
    That was supposed to be the miniseries "W.E.B. of Spider-Man" by Kevin Shinick, who was the head writer for the (recently concluded) 2017 Spider-Man cartoon, but since that's been delayed indefinitely . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Looks like Jubilee's Wondra outfit.

Pass.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Looks like Jubilee's Wondra outfit.

Pass.
    It does, it does, I never noticed until now. Thanks for the laugh.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Operation "We Need More Unlockable Spidey Suits for the Next Game" is in full swing (ahem) I see.
    "The rules of regeneration are known!"

"Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,
    lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but never ever tell me the rules!!"

Astonishing Member

Angry

I see we can't have new outfits without it being a sign of the apocalypse.