Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

There will be another terrible Justice League vs. Suicide Squad mini-series because of new Suicide Squad movie. Probably by Taylor or Bendis.

we'll see more standalone, self-contained stories for smaller (aka non-Trinity or "Big 7") characters via back-ups and one-shots. Anthologies are the next wave, and they should double down on that. we're probably gonna be seeing a lot of Yara Flor and more regular Nubia appearances; Wonder Woman and her mythos will be the family to watch. I think John Stewart will be another one to watch. If his Future State book gets sufficient hyped going into his GL run, I see DC making bigger moves for Black Lightning, Jackson Hyde, and Duke Thomas later in the year; Although, I would say DC is long overdue for a substantial run for Black Lightning. John Ridley is gonna have something really big. Other History of the DC universe kicked off to a really strong start and his Next Batman is one of the most anticipated titles from Future State.

EDIT: oh, obvious Aquaman relaunch/continuation is obvious.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 12-31-2020 at 06:39 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I'm just hoping there will be stuff outside of Superman and Batman, for the love of god. Hopefully some Aquaman or Shazam!

I'm predicting more standalone Black Label type stuff and I really hope I'm right. Maybe another Amy Reeder book like Amethyst? I'd love that.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 12-30-2020 at 12:01 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    At this point I'm expecting DC to announce that they are ceasing to publish their stories and simply license their characters to other publishers.
    Same opinion. I predict the end of DC Comics in 1 or 2 years.

Personally i prefer they not ceasing to publish (It's the good moment to change with the old guards who majorities fired from DC (Goodbey Didio and Harras !)). But if they can't be disengage from AT T ... well it will not finish good for DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    There will be another terrible Justice League vs. Suicide Squad mini-series because of new Suicide Squad movie. Probably by Taylor or Bendis.

They can have Conner vs Clark then, course by then Conner will be less powerful and need all the help he can get at thst point
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    They can have Conner vs Clark then, course by then Conner will be less powerful and need all the help he can get at thst point
    Bold of you to assume they won't just use a variation of the movie team.
    Last edited by Gaius; 12-31-2020 at 10:40 AM.

The new Suicide Squad lineup was mostly revealed already and it does have some movie characters in it, but it also confirmed at least the first storyline involves Superboy.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    The new Suicide Squad lineup was mostly revealed already and it does have some movie characters in it, but it also confirmed at least the first storyline involves Superboy.

If it's in the comics, then it should be the team in the comics atleast Imo.

A superman vs Conner Kent situation would be different than it would be right now, because the changes to his powers and probably his outlook will change under the writer of the SS team
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

I'm thinking that there won't be any new material that I will be interested in.
    Hopefully some pre-2000 trades.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

More anthologies and more minis for characters who supposedly can't support a solo book. The Crime Syndicate mini was very left field and I don't think anyone was expecting this. DC might do this more.