Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    All-New Member

Default King in Black #2 :Professor X and Magneto

i dont want to spoiled but that was shit move!

You didn't say what happened, so I'm guessing they made out with each other and told Sinister that he has to create a biological child of them both, otherwise he'll join Sabretooth in whatever hole hi is in. There's nothing you can say that will change my mind. This is canon now.

[QUOTE=Alex.;5300978]You didn't say what happened, so I'm guessing they made out with each other and told Sinister that he has to create a biological child of them both, otherwise he'll join Sabretooth in whatever hole hi is in. There's nothing you can say that will change my mind. This is canon now.[/QUOTE

It is about time Charles and Erik have s child
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Honestly don't understand the love Cates gets tbh. I haven't read too much of his stuff, but enough to get a grasp I think.

But man, this just seemed like a writing not really looking beyond surface level.

We know mutants aren't focussed on helping humans that much anymore, but the idea that they would not help save the actual planet they reside on is ridiculous. Not to mention the fact that there are mutants all across the globe, not just on Krakoa, including many being kept against their will in dictatorships. Such a poor grasp of the characters by Cates.

Astonishing Member

In fairness to Xavier and Magneto; Knull is far enough up the pecking order that he can probably possess Krakoa itself, to say nothing of screwing with the gates or Cerebro

All it would be one human (or mutant) carrying a symbiote through to cause chaos when they probably are focused on evacuation to Summer House or the Red Garden

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    Honestly don't understand the love Cates gets tbh. I haven't read too much of his stuff, but enough to get a grasp I think.

But man, this just seemed like a writing not really looking beyond surface level.

We know mutants aren't focussed on helping humans that much anymore, but the idea that they would not help save the actual planet they reside on is ridiculous. Not to mention the fact that there are mutants all across the globe, not just on Krakoa, including many being kept against their will in dictatorships. Such a poor grasp of the characters by Cates.
    The Krakoans have seen this enough times to know that the hyped-up baddy will conquer the world, focussing on Manhattan and Wakanda, a couple of characters will die and there’ll be fetch quests, the first of which fails and then a Hail Mary long shot quest will turn up as a deus ex machina to one-shot the chief baddy just in time to stop y to he doomsday device. They’re better off sitting this out at the tiki bar.

Something tells me this is one of those things that's going to get ignored, just like what Slott did with Franklin Richards in Fantastic Four. And it's probably for the best.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    The Krakoans have seen this enough times to know that the hyped-up baddy will conquer the world, focussing on Manhattan and Wakanda, a couple of characters will die and there’ll be fetch quests, the first of which fails and then a Hail Mary long shot quest will turn up as a deus ex machina to one-shot the chief baddy just in time to stop y to he doomsday device. They’re better off sitting this out at the tiki bar.
    It's sad, but telling how right you probably are.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

The Marauders & SWORD & The New Mutants are getting involved so it would seem not every Quiet Council member is in agreement. I know Emma is filling seats with her own people (if Dani is really Jeans replacement).

Hopefully they forgot about the Stark & Frost wedding and this event does not lead to it

IT made perfect sense to me. Let's let in the people who have been running around killing us because the people who never showed up to help ask. I was lmao at blade.

Thinking about it i don't know what is more silly right now, that request in King in Black 2 or the Avengers embracing the very entity they started up A vs. X over. lol
    Last edited by jwatson; 12-30-2020 at 05:35 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    IT made perfect sense to me. Let's let in the people who have been running around killing us because the people who never showed up to help ask. I was lmao at blade.

Thinking about it i don't know what is more silly right now, that request in King in Black 2 or the Avengers embracing the very entity they started up A vs. X over. lol
    exactly its always "open the gates" or " send us your army" but never "oh my god we gotta help genosha!"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    The Marauders & SWORD & The New Mutants are getting involved so it would seem not every Quiet Council member is in agreement. I know Emma is filling seats with her own people (if Dani is really Jeans replacement).

Hopefully they forgot about the Stark & Frost wedding and this event does not lead to it
    Where are the New Mutants getting involved?

This is why I don't like none X-writers weighing in on the X-Men and their concepts.
    Cates may not know that the gates have access off-world so Professor X and Magneto wouldn't need to let humans on the island. All the leading x-couple had to do would be to close off the gate to Krakao and have the refugees funneled through the Hub to the Mars gate. All Cates did was make the mutant leaders look like self-interest jerks who didn't care about the billions of lives that are at stake.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    This is why I don't like none X-writers weighing in on the X-Men and their concepts.
    Cates may not know that the gates have access off-world so Professor X and Magneto wouldn't need to let humans on the island. All the leading x-couple had to do would be to close off the gate to Krakao and have the refugees funneled through the Hub to the Mars gate. All Cates did was make the mutant leaders look like self-interest jerks who didn't care about the billions of lives that are at stake.
    They didn't look like that to me. They looked like a people doing something nobody else in the marvel universe seems to do for them, hunkering down and protecting mutants. They should rework their whole gate system for why. Blade and Co actually looked like they had some audacity from my point of view.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

we saw in x-men 3 that the gates are sensitive to alteration, you can't predict what will happen with them with so many people and humans at that!
    Way too much effort and risk for a population that would never return that kindness