Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Its a dumb moment in and of itself. The entire planet is coccooned in symbiote goo. You can't hide anywhere, so closing in around the island won't even work. And even if they all warp to Mars, Knull is targeting all life. He'll just target Mars. They could maybe flee to Hell or the Otherworld, but it would require abandoning Krakoa.

Like I said, this is the 'aliens will never come here!' moment in an action movie. Or something like the walls from the first Pacific Rim movie.

I feel like you have to have been reading either Venom or Spiderman consecutively to understand what's going on in KIB which I have not like y'all know Eddie Brock has a son now (with powers) had me shook since when?

That being said I didn't get how big of a threat Knull is he kind of just popped up outta nowhere to me so I was already unintrested but the little panel we're discussing had Erik looking like he was in a manic, panic state of mind so I didn't take it to seriously. While Chuck and T'challa were arguing like 10 years olds which I also didn't take seriously it's all a joke honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Its a dumb moment in and of itself. The entire planet is coccooned in symbiote goo. You can't hide anywhere, so closing in around the island won't even work. And even if they all warp to Mars, Knull is targeting all life. He'll just target Mars. They could maybe flee to Hell or the Otherworld, but it would require abandoning Krakoa.

Like I said, this is the 'aliens will never come here!' moment in an action movie. Or something like the walls from the first Pacific Rim movie.
    Krakoa has gates to Sh'ar space

The idea is not that Krakoa does nothing against Knull, it is that they want to have a better plan than "throwing the X-Men to hit the baddie."

Because when they tried that, Knull possessed Cyclops and Storm and thus became more powerful. Even sending someone as powerful as Sentry only made Knull more powerful. Imagine what it would be like if Knull symbiote controlled all of Krakoa (Which is probably going to happen anyway).

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Imagine thinking that a Cates' written Venom event is in any way relevant to the X-Men franchise.

This story is so by the numbers...I'm bored.

Wake me when this is over.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Imagine thinking that a Cates' written Venom event is in any way relevant to the X-Men franchise.
    Are you suggesting they won't give X-fans what they've been demanding? The triumphant return of Jimmy Hudson!

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Krakoa has gates to Sh'ar space
    And I repeat, he's targeting all life. He'll hit Sh'ar space eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I feel like you have to have been reading either Venom or Spiderman consecutively to understand what's going on in KIB which I have not like y'all know Eddie Brock has a son now (with powers) had me shook since when?

That being said I didn't get how big of a threat Knull is he kind of just popped up outta nowhere to me so I was already unintrested but the little panel we're discussing had Erik looking like he was in a manic, panic state of mind so I didn't take it to seriously. While Chuck and T'challa were arguing like 10 years olds which I also didn't take seriously it's all a joke honestly.
    Eddie's son and his relationship with him has been the most compelling thing in his books and the driving force behind a lot of what's he's done these past couple years. I highly recommend it, its actually really good. Knull has mostly been a factor in the Venom books and that Carnage crossover a year ago was about letting him out of his cage. He's basically been eating whole planets while he makes a beeline for Earth, because of Carnage, again.

Spectacular Member

im surprised no one made a thread for this when it came out already, thought all KiB related stuff would be in another section.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    They didn't even explain how Magneto went from being on the frontlines in New York to being in Krakoa.
    yeah this was one of the weirdest things, especially considering the Black Cat issue also showed Magneto was there, so it wasn't just a mistake of some artist picking a couple of X-men to job in the 1st issue.

So they finally told them to go pound sand? Hah
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

BANNED

X-men have finally said "it's above me now, try again next week"
    im so proud :.)

[QUOTE=Alex.;5300978]You didn't say what happened, so I'm guessing they made out with each other and told Sinister that he has to create a biological child of them both, otherwise he'll join Sabretooth in whatever hole hi is in. There's nothing you can say that will change my mind. This is canon now.[/QUOTE

It is about time Charles and Erik have s child
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Honestly don't understand the love Cates gets tbh. I haven't read too much of his stuff, but enough to get a grasp I think.

But man, this just seemed like a writing not really looking beyond surface level.

We know mutants aren't focussed on helping humans that much anymore, but the idea that they would not help save the actual planet they reside on is ridiculous. Not to mention the fact that there are mutants all across the globe, not just on Krakoa, including many being kept against their will in dictatorships. Such a poor grasp of the characters by Cates.

Astonishing Member

In fairness to Xavier and Magneto; Knull is far enough up the pecking order that he can probably possess Krakoa itself, to say nothing of screwing with the gates or Cerebro

All it would be one human (or mutant) carrying a symbiote through to cause chaos when they probably are focused on evacuation to Summer House or the Red Garden