Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

my prediction: the worst part of any Batman/Batfamily story will continue to be lazy, trite, fatalistic discourse from bat "fans" that will flood every other discussion.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Tynion’s Batman will continue to be enjoyable, but will also struggle to establish itself as doing anything truly innovative. I hope I’m wrong because I’m really excited for the upcoming Scarecrow story.

Tamaki’s Tec will be unremarkable.

Taylor’s Nightwing will be a fan favorite (and hopefully the first Taylor series I actually enjoy).

Damian will take on a new identity for a little while before ultimately going back to Robin.

Tynion will give Tim another new identity.

Gotham Knights will be mediocre and fail to live up to the Arkham games.

We’ll get a couple new Black Label Batman projects.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Tynion’s Batman will continue to be enjoyable, but will also struggle to establish itself as doing anything truly innovative. I hope I’m wrong because I’m really excited for the upcoming Scarecrow story.

Tamaki’s Tec will be unremarkable.

Taylor’s Nightwing will be a fan favorite (and hopefully the first Taylor series I actually enjoy).

Damian will take on a new identity for a little while before ultimately going back to Robin.

Tynion will give Tim another new identity.

Gotham Knights will be mediocre and fail to live up to the Arkham games.

We’ll get a couple new Black Label Batman projects.
    Gotham Knights is a brand new IP though

Quote Originally Posted by kf26 View Post
    Gotham Knights is a brand new IP though
    C’mon it’s clearly drawing on the Arkham games for influence. However they made some changes that might end up being poorly received, like adding in loot, and making villains into bullet sponges. My prediction is that critically it’s received much worse than the Arkham games.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    C’mon it’s clearly drawing on the Arkham games for influence. However they made some changes that might end up being poorly received, like adding in loot, and making villains into bullet sponges. My prediction is that critically it’s received much worse than the Arkham games.
    Fun guy eh?

I feel the same way you do.. The only part of it I'm looking forward to is the co-op. Who knows tho. It seems to me that whatever I dig is received mediocre and whatever I hate is critically acclaimed lol.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    my prediction: the worst part of any Batman/Batfamily story will continue to be lazy, trite, fatalistic discourse from bat "fans" that will flood every other discussion.
    This has basically become my worry, too.

With the shift in publication from bi-weekly to monthly, I worry that even with backups the audience might get bored or burnt out on certain storylines, especially if they don't land the mark immediately. As well, I feel that the absence of solo books for certain characters will cause rifts and arguments amongst fans.
    I'm currently reading Batman, Detective Comics, DCeased: Dead Planet, Dark Knights: Death Metal, Daredevil, Thor, Nightwing, The Rise of Ultraman and Red Hood and The Outlaws. I'm also trade-waiting the Hickman-era of X-Men comics.

Im feeling pretty optimistic for 2021!

My predictions

for Main Batman book

- Another interaction between Harley Quinn and Clownhunter, I wouldn't be surprised if they end up having to team up for some reason. I really think he is a character who could slot in quite well as a kind of sidekick to Harley.
    - I think Harley and Batman are going to be teaming up a whole lot more - especially during the future Queen Ivy Arc. I've heard a rumour that they are actually going to be flatmates and living together which would line up since Harley's apartment got bombed and Bruce has moved out of the manor. I think she will end up de facto part of the Batfamily - this will be controversial and I can already picture the usual suspects getting very annoyed and it being a subject of contention on this board.
    - I think we will continue to see back ups on the main batman book. Following the back up about Damian finishing I would not be surprised if we see Ghost maker get his own backup. I also think we may see Clownhunter and Poison Ivy (before or after her story arc) receive backups this year.

Detective Comics
    - Back up story will likely continue here too. Huntress back up maybe?

Batman Urban Legends
    Future stories I think we will likely see.
    - a Batgirl's story about Stephanie Brown and Cassandra Cain
    - A Signal Story about Duke maybe by Tony Patrick
    - A story about the Fox Family but mainly Luke and Tim fox by John Ridley
    - Batwoman is another character I think is very likely to get a story in urban legends somepoint in 2021

I think "Batgirls" and a "Next Batman" story are the most likely. I also think both are very likely to become there own books in the future.

Damian Wayne
    - A stick on for getting his own book after his backup. Dunno if it will be as Robin or a new identity but im leaning towards the latter.
    - I think the new Wondergirl is getting her own book at somepoint. This may be a bit left field but I think a crossover may be quite likely eventually. Only a matter of time before Damian and Yara meet and have there dynamic established.

Miscellaneous Predictions
    - I think Tim Drake is going to show up sooner or later in Suicide Squad to talk with Connor questioning his involvement with the team or checking he is ok.
    - A story point in Justice League will be about searching for Wonder Woman. I'd not be suprised if that became a summer event or story arc. Batman will probably be pretty involved.