Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default What are your predictions for 2021?

Let the world know your 2021 predictions!

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

A proper relaunch when the big event hits. Clark shares or loses the focus in the main books as Jon steps up. Finally free of the burden of being Earth's champion, Clark joins the Justice Society of America as its chairperson to train a new generation of heroes alongside the stalwart members of the team. Power Girl feels uneasy about being replaced as the Kryptonian on the team and Clark smiles and leaves the team on good terms. He forms his own team-- The Insiders, a team of well-adjusted heroes who use their experience and sway in the world to force governments to treat people well and root out corruption on every front. Bruce-- enraged at how successful following the proper channels to addressing systemic crime has proven-- declares war in an event that engulfs both books and has about 3 standalone tie-ins a month. The resolution has Diana go back in time and become the blue hand that creates the universe and her book manages to gain a single extra reader from the significant lip service DC has granted her. Bruce loses the event and realizes he's been a heel for two decades and goes back to a more BTAS-level book. Fans complain he got nerfed and the event "Dark Knights Nu Metal" is launched to course correct Batman where he defeats the presence by using his contingent plan "but what if you were one of us" which causes the Presence to disintegrate and Bruce enters our world for the first time, buying AT&T's debt alongside Superman and then giving him away to Marvel without Lois Lane for $1 as revenge for The Insiders.

Jon fans further their (our) slide into insufferable behavior. Bendis brings back young Jon and hands him over to a fresh voice that makes the character super popular, die-hard Jon fans cannot handle needing to think him for course correcting and defect to the Wonder Woman books. Jon dies due to low sales, Bendis revives him as a child again and Super Sons relaunches with Tomasi/Jimenez, Bendis stepping into an editorial role and protecting the book. Fans call for his head and the book gets cancelled again. Fans call each other toxic and the forum descends into civil war while the Batboards wonder what the ruckus is about in Metropolis.

Lois becomes a cameo with a soft editorial edict of "seen but not heard." She gets a line of dialogue a few months in and the usual crowd cry SJW and the writer is bullied off twitter. She is then fired from the Daily Planet and shipped out to Gotham where she becomes Batman's primary love interest until Wonder Woman is free and then he dumps both of them to be with Harley Quinn, who is now Batharls. She then gets aged up and replaces Alfred who finally retires to his secret dream-- Lucha Libre. Alfred quickly becomes the world's most celebrated luchador and his signature move-- the Penny's Worth-- a chokehold none can escape is the most imitated technique in three space sectors. He calls Bane out. Terrified of Alfred's unmatched skill in the ring, his biting ringside banter and the grudge he clearly carried back with him from the grave, Bane unmasks himself forever and is never seen again.

John Henry Irons gains Mirror Master's powers and becomes Chromium, able to send his hammer anywhere in the world to bonk people who commit crimes and protect the innocent. As a result, the Pentagon is refitted with all matte finished surfaces.

Power Girl gets a digital miniseries written and drawn by Adam Hughes which gets delayed indefinitely. She's eventually moved off the JSA when Supergirl joins. Two months later Kara visits Karen's apartment and while they talk, the book is mislettered and Supergirl is referred to as "Kara Zor-L" which causes Power Girl to fade from the page and never be printed again. Exactly four fans cry "erasure" and form a HEAT-analogue, but can't come up with a good enough name and all part ways.

Supergirl prevents Krypto's death and they go on wholesome adventures punching bigots across America. Krypto is trained to attack anyone who cries "SJW" which enrages half the comic readership. DC editorial covertly sets up a kickstarter to drum up outrage over how Supergirl is awful and ruining comics and secretly use they money generated to finance the book and make a film based on the run. It's immensely popular and they call it "Supergirl vs the Proud Boys." It's the first superhero film to break $2B, overthrowing Batman as AT&T's new favorite.

Phew. Got all that nonsense out of my system.

I'm pretty sure the books are going to get some strong first-to-second issues sales and level out around 48k after a few months before sliding to low 40s on Superman and high 30s on Action by the end of the year. Halfway into 2022 the books will level to where they are now because Superman has a core audience that refuses to dip from the book. Jon will be the primary focus by the back half of the year, though Clark will keep appearing in some books because they know getting rid of him completely will hurt them overall. Lois is marginalized and the CW show being pretty bad will convince AT&T Lois just isn't as interesting as people say she is. Supergirl will get a course correction by the end of the year because that's DC's track record.
    Last edited by Robanker; 12-30-2020 at 12:04 AM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Jon fans further their (our) slide into insufferable behavior. Bendis brings back young Jon and hands him over to a fresh voice that makes the character super popular, die-hard Jon fans cannot handle needing to think him for course correcting and defect to the Wonder Woman books. Jon dies due to low sales, Bendis revives him as a child again and Super Sons relaunches with Tomasi/Jimenez, Bendis stepping into an editorial role and protecting the book. Fans call for his head and the book gets cancelled again. Fans call each other toxic and the forum descends into civil war while the Batboards wonder what the ruckus is about in Metropolis.
    This is what pretty much is gonna happen.Except for maybe wonder woman books part.And regardless of what happening.I am gonna get what I want.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

I will enjoy PKJ’s run same as I did Bendis. He will do some cool worldbuilding and will bring in some new Rogues, some of which will be cool, others which will suck. All of them will be abandoned after he leaves the book. He will also tell stories with Mongul and Brainiac in the present day which will be good.

Either Lewis or Watters will take over Superman with Jon as the main star. Darkest timeline fear: Taylor will be the one to take over the book instead and will pump out stories that everyone else seems to love but I will consider complete dreck and wonder what the hell everyone else sees that I don’t.

Thompson will do a great job with Kon over in Suicide Squad, but the book will be cancelled in 12 issues due to low sales, paving the way for another Harley Quinn centered relaunch.

Yang’s Batman/Superman will be one of the best DC books coming out but will go unnoticed by the general audience.

Bennett will be writing a Kara Supergirl book coming in April or May.

Red & Blue will be fantastic, and like Adventures of Superman, go on to be an underrated gem.

Superman & Lois will debut, and while a cut above the usual CW shows, won’t measure up to Stargirl. It will still be a fun show and good rep for Superman in the public eye, despite Snyder Cult seething.

The Snyder Cut will come out and bomb critically, but get enough people to sign up for HBO Max that WB may decide to give Snyder a budget for a “S2”. If so, Cavill will return for this. Otherwise if Snyder really does leave for good afterwards, Cavill will either be dropped Routh style or maybe cameo in Shazam 2. He will not get another solo outing.

We will finally get confirmation that Abrams will be directing a Superman reboot, set on the same Earth as Reeves. There will be HBO Max spin-offs focusing either on the Daily Planet or Special Crimes Unit. Legion of Superheroes will also be considered.

Injustice 3 will be officially announced and Superman’s crap treatment there will continue. Taylor will write a digital tie in and do an issue where he cries big crocodile tears about how widespread evil Superman is, while making sure to create more Elseworlds with evil Superman in them.

DCeased 3 will be announced with Taylor and will feature the new JL fighting Evil Superman One Million (did I mention Taylor is a hack yet?)

Waid and King will produce BL Superman projects, and these will be the final BL books put out before the last BL editor gets let go in Bloodbath Round 3.

Bendis JL will be as enjoyable for me as his Superman run was but everyone else will hate it. Superman will be a highlight there with the relationship between Bats & Supes & Naomi being a particular focus.

And I’m sure there will be a few surprises whether pleasant or unpleasant.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I will enjoy PKJ’s run same as I did Bendis. He will do some cool worldbuilding and will bring in some new Rogues, some of which will be cool, others which will suck. All of them will be abandoned after he leaves the book. He will also tell stories with Mongul and Brainiac in the present day which will be good.

Either Lewis or Watters will take over Superman with Jon as the main star. Darkest timeline fear: Taylor will be the one to take over the book instead and will pump out stories that everyone else seems to love but I will consider complete dreck and wonder what the hell everyone else sees that I don’t.

Thompson will do a great job with Kon over in Suicide Squad, but the book will be cancelled in 12 issues due to low sales, paving the way for another Harley Quinn centered relaunch.

Yang’s Batman/Superman will be one of the best DC books coming out but will go unnoticed by the general audience.

Bennett will be writing a Kara Supergirl book coming in April or May.

Red & Blue will be fantastic, and like Adventures of Superman, go on to be an underrated gem.

Superman & Lois will debut, and while a cut above the usual CW shows, won’t measure up to Stargirl. It will still be a fun show and good rep for Superman in the public eye, despite Snyder Cult seething.

The Snyder Cut will come out and bomb critically, but get enough people to sign up for HBO Max that WB may decide to give Snyder a budget for a “S2”. If so, Cavill will return for this. Otherwise if Snyder really does leave for good afterwards, Cavill will either be dropped Routh style or maybe cameo in Shazam 2. He will not get another solo outing.

We will finally get confirmation that Abrams will be directing a Superman reboot, set on the same Earth as Reeves. There will be HBO Max spin-offs focusing either on the Daily Planet or Special Crimes Unit. Legion of Superheroes will also be considered.

Injustice 3 will be officially announced and Superman’s crap treatment there will continue. Taylor will write a digital tie in and do an issue where he cries big crocodile tears about how widespread evil Superman is, while making sure to create more Elseworlds with evil Superman in them.

DCeased 3 will be announced with Taylor and will feature the new JL fighting Evil Superman One Million (did I mention Taylor is a hack yet?)

Waid and King will produce BL Superman projects, and these will be the final BL books put out before the last BL editor gets let go in Bloodbath Round 3.

Bendis JL will be as enjoyable for me as his Superman run was but everyone else will hate it. Superman will be a highlight there with the relationship between Bats & Supes & Naomi being a particular focus.

And I’m sure there will be a few surprises whether pleasant or unpleasant.
    Pretty much this. I wish I could contain my salt as well as you to not just go on absurd tangents as often as I do.

Pretty much this. I wish I could contain my salt as well as you to not just go on absurd tangents as often as I do.
    Oh Agent Z can attest that I don’t contain my salt well at all

Oh Agent Z can attest that I don’t contain my salt well at all
    Hey man, at least your fanfiction about the next year of Superman comics didn't have Alfred as a Luchador.

I really have no optimistic predictions for Superman this year. Ever since 2016 my heart has sunk further and further when it comes to Superman's image and reputation. I expect no change in the status qou for his mainstream media appearances that really encourages love and respect for the character.

Power Girl feels uneasy about being replaced as the Kryptonian on the team and Clark smiles and leaves the team on good terms. He forms his own team-- The Insiders, a team of well-adjusted heroes who use their experience and sway in the world to force governments to treat people well and root out corruption on every front. Bruce-- enraged at how successful following the proper channels to addressing systemic crime has proven-- declares war in an event that engulfs both books and has about 3 standalone tie-ins a month.

Alfred quickly becomes the world's most celebrated luchador and his signature move-- the Penny's Worth-- a chokehold none can escape is the most imitated technique in three space sectors. He calls Bane out. Terrified of Alfred's unmatched skill in the ring, his biting ringside banter and the grudge he clearly carried back with him from the grave, Bane unmasks himself forever and is never seen again.

John Henry Irons gains Mirror Master's powers and becomes Chromium, able to send his hammer anywhere in the world to bonk people who commit crimes and protect the innocent. As a result, the Pentagon is refitted with all matte finished surfaces.

Supergirl prevents Krypto's death and they go on wholesome adventures punching bigots across America. Krypto is trained to attack anyone who cries "SJW" which enrages half the comic readership. DC editorial covertly sets up a kickstarter to drum up outrage over how Supergirl is awful and ruining comics and secretly use they money generated to finance the book and make a film based on the run. It's immensely popular and they call it "Supergirl vs the Proud Boys." It's the first superhero film to break $2B, overthrowing Batman as AT&T's new favorite.
    Do you believe in love at first sight? I loved your Insiders and John Henry Irons ideas.
    Last edited by Alpha; 12-30-2020 at 02:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dralokonda View Post
    I really have no optimistic predictions for Superman this year. Ever since 2016 my heart has sunk further and further when it comes to Superman's image and reputation. I expect no change in the status qou for his mainstream media appearances that really encourages love and respect for the character.
    Even if you want Jon to be de-aged like I do, I still think we are gonna get a lot of good content this year.

Hm, I think JJ Abrams might get the pick, but I do not think he will go for Christopher Reeves nostalgia. Not after Superman Returns. Not after he pitched Superman Flyby (which was him trying to rework the whole Suprrman mythos)

I hated how he recycled ideas in Stark trek Into Darkness and Star Wars, but I really don'tSuperman see him doing that with Superman for the reasons I mentioned.

Not that I wanna be a pessimist, but I really think it's probably going to be disappointing

It's going to suck.

Oh, you mean SUPERMAN predictions? My bad.

It's going to suck.

Honestly, I don't know. I'm quite optimistic about many things (in general), but with a strong streak of "how can WB screw this up?" to balance it out when it comes to Superman.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

I predict I'll be reading a lot more back issues and trades in 2021. I've just started City of Tomorrow Volume 2 and there's a trade of Venditti's Man of Tomorrow stories coming out in July so I'm looking forward to those.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

AT&T just shutters the entire print division and this entire section becomes moot.
    Assassinate Putin!