Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

"My prediction? PAIN." --Clubber Lang, Rocky III

The PKJ run will have some cool world building but will neither be great nor terrible. Major reboot shortly thereafter. Bendis and his ideas will remain a key player in editorial (to the chagrin of many).

Red & Blue and Yang B/S will be the best of the litter by far. (seems like one of the easier predictions)

I do see them going more digital heavy and dropping more print titles as a continuation of the "bloodbath."
    Last edited by The Frog Bros; 12-30-2020 at 09:08 AM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Comics: After the shift in focus, Action Comics and Superman will switch place in the sales chart. Wishful thinking... Superman adventures in space will attract new readers and turn Action Comics into one of the top selling DC books.

Movies: J.J. Abrams and whoever he's picking as screenwriter will be finally announced for a new Supes movie. It'll not be clear the nature of the project (reboot, sequel, soft-reboot?) leading to endless fans' speculations like for Reeves's The Batman.

Television: The more the 1st season of the new CW's SM show will progress, the more it'll become evident that Jordan is the real star of the show (along with his brother) and is destined to be the next Superman and replacing his boring dad. The powerless Jonathan will be his greatest supporter though. Superman will be used to prop the new kid character.

Streaming: ATT will be totally fine to continue Snyder's JL as exclusive for its streaming service HBO Max but due to the follow ups being heavily Batman centric and Affleck having a busy schedule as actor/director and being unwilling to reprise the BM role for more than a cameo, Snyder's JL projects will be aborted and turned into comics at best.

Animation: ...

Action Comics will stay pretty steady, and do just about the height of what Superman can attain these days. Superman will start hot with a lot of interest, but flounder quickly. This won't change any plans though and they'll continue to heavily push Jon as the next Superman despite the lack of success in it. Lois's fall into irrelevancy will surpass even her lack of use in the New 52.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Comics: After the shift in focus, Action Comics and Superman will switch place in the sales chart. Wishful thinking... Superman adventures in space will attract new readers and turn Action Comics into one of the top selling DC books.

Movies: J.J. Abrams and whoever he's picking as screenwriter will be finally announced for a new Supes movie. It'll not be clear the nature of the project (reboot, sequel, soft-reboot?) leading to endless fans' speculations like for Reeves's The Batman.

Television: The more the 1st season of the new CW's SM show will progress, the more it'll become evident that Jordan is the real star of the show (along with his brother) and is destined to be the next Superman and replacing his boring dad. The powerless Jonathan will be his greatest supporter though. Superman will be used to prop the new kid character.

Streaming: ATT will be totally fine to continue Snyder's JL as exclusive for its streaming service HBO Max but due to the follow ups being heavily Batman centric and Affleck having a busy schedule as actor/director and being unwilling to reprise the BM role for more than a cameo, Snyder's JL projects will be aborted and turned into comics at best.

Animation: ...
    I've thought more than once that the Reeves Batman is a backdoor reboot. My guess is that they are going to finish up whatever movies they are contractually obligated to do and that will be the end of the "DCEU". Affleck's not coming back. I doubt they can get Cavill back at this point. Whatever Flashpoint is going to be, I'm guessing the DCEU is finished regardless. I think JJ Abrams is the drop dead last person I want touching Superman after what he did to Star Wars and Star Trek but my guess will be that whatever they decide to do, it will be a hard reboot with no connection to any of the other movies. They might try to incorporate it into the Reeves Batman-verse at some point but I think they are just playing it by ear at the moment.
    Assassinate Putin!

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I've thought more than once that the Reeves Batman is a backdoor reboot. My guess is that they are going to finish up whatever movies they are contractually obligated to do and that will be the end of the "DCEU". Affleck's not coming back. I doubt they can get Cavill back at this point. Whatever Flashpoint is going to be, I'm guessing the DCEU is finished regardless. I think JJ Abrams is the drop dead last person I want touching Superman after what he did to Star Wars and Star Trek but my guess will be that whatever they decide to do, it will be a hard reboot with no connection to any of the other movies. They might try to incorporate it into the Reeves Batman-verse at some point but I think they are just playing it by ear at the moment.
    This is likely what will happen down the line even if they haven't planned so far ahead and right now they are fine with running multiple (2?) continuities simultaneously, and reboot only when a new director come in and want to start fresh like Reeves did and Abrams likely will want to do too.

Btw, Cavill had talks to appear as cameo/supporting role in upcoming DCEU movies (The Flash, Shazam and Black Adam, I guess). We'll probably hear about him and the new live action Superman having both adventures on the big screen in their respective continuities. They're already planning to move forward with multiple Batmen (Keaton & Pattison).

They could get Cavill back, he wants the role, but WB doesn’t seem interested in investing more money in him. He wants solo movies and they’re not going to give them to him, nor frankly should they. So he’ll cameo in other peoples films at best while they reboot Superman over on Battison’s Earth.

I do think that the Superman & Lois show will be about Clark training his sons to take over for him, but that will be the endgame of the series.
    Last edited by Vordan; 12-30-2020 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Jon fans further their (our) slide into insufferable behavior. Bendis brings back young Jon and hands him over to a fresh voice that makes the character super popular, die-hard Jon fans cannot handle needing to think him for course correcting and defect to the Wonder Woman books. Jon dies due to low sales, Bendis revives him as a child again and Super Sons relaunches with Tomasi/Jimenez, Bendis stepping into an editorial role and protecting the book. Fans call for his head and the book gets cancelled again. Fans call each other toxic and the forum descends into civil war while the Batboards wonder what the ruckus is about in Metropolis.
    You know what? I'll allow it. All of it lol

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Do you believe in love at first sight? I loved your Insiders and John Henry Irons ideas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    You know what? I'll allow it. All of it lol
    You guys are aware I was joking, right? I went so over the top they can't possibly happen. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    You guys are aware I was joking, right? I went so over the top they can't possibly happen. lol
    Lol of course. Doesn't mean I don't still love it XD

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Lol of course. Doesn't mean I don't still love it XD
    Fair enough. If we can't laugh at ourselves, we're truly lost.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Finally,some real hope!Clark kent glasses persona enters the chat.
    Edit-I believe i didn't give my prediction.My hope.Jon will turn into a monkey with shapeshifting ability, a giant stick and impulsiveness.He would punch superjesus, batoverlord and the justice gods,all of them.Cause that's what the monkey business is all about.Pissing off every god you got.Awesome times.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 12-31-2020 at 02:06 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

PKJ said that he intends to do a lot of worldbuilding and that is a corner of Superman mythos he want to developt, my guess/hope is he is talking about the Almerac empire. He also talked about a couple of characters he believe don't receive the credits they deserve, that can be better used and he intends to show how cool they are, my prediction is that he was talking about Steel, Mongul and Brainic.

Action Comics will be the better book, but it won't resemble what we expect a Superman book to be.

Superman & Lois will be better than I hope it will, mostly because it just can't be worst. I hope.

No Superman movie will come out, maybe at the end of 2021 we will start hearing some rumors that actually have some credibility, most likely that WB is waiting for the reception of Reeves Batman to decide if they will have a Superman on that continuity.
    Last edited by Ra-El; 12-31-2020 at 06:47 AM.

I'm with the others on the predictions that we'll hear more rumblings at some point in the coming year about Cavill's future in the role but unlikely to get anything concrete. Besides that, I'll be optimistic and just say positive predictions, but I'm not expecting any slam dunks in 2021. I think the Snyder Cut will be a notable improvement on the theatrical release. I think the new tv show will likely be a solid followup to Smallville. And while I'm no expert, I still very much doubt the rumors dc is going to shut down their comics division any time soon, the ips are too important.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

So I got my copy of Death Metal #7 early.

spoilers:
    Elseworld is officially back as one of two centers of the Multiverse
    end of spoilers

Might this be the car that Waid (or someone of that ilk) gets to drive?

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    So I got my copy of Death Metal #7 early.

spoilers:
    Elseworld is officially back as one of two centers of the Multiverse
    end of spoilers

Might this be the car that Waid (or someone of that ilk) gets to drive?

Can you explain what that means? Like elseworld stories are back, or a actual place? Info info info
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.