Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Year's best and worst

pretty straightforward, i just wanna know what have been your favorite and most disliked moments from DC this year? we'll do:

- favorite writer this year
    - favorite artist this year
    - most enjoyed characters this year
    - top 5 favorite stories/moments
    - top 3 worst stories/moments
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Best:
    Grant Morrison’s The Green Lantern. Morrison and Sharp for best writer and artist respectively.

The Worst:
    The Harley Quinn issue of Wonder Woman: Agent of Peace
    Tom Taylor’s DCeased nonsense
    Tom Taylor’s even more Injustice nonsense
    Last edited by Gaius; 12-29-2020 at 10:02 PM.

My favorite series for 2020 is definitely...

Batman: The Adventures Continue

My favorite series, stories, and collections (Numbers mean nothing, it’s just an organization system).

1. Speed Metal one-shot
    2. Superman up in the sky collection
    3. DCeased: Dead Planet
    4. Tynion & Ram V’s Justice League Dark
    5. Challenge of the SuperSon’s
    6. Nightwings return
    7. Injustice year zero Harley and Ivy’s wedding

Worst
    1. Ric Grayson still around/Joker War
    2. Damian murders Brother Blood in Teen Titans
    3. Robin King one-shot
    4. Romita Jr.’s art in Action Comics
    Last edited by sifighter; 12-30-2020 at 07:04 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Mighty Member

I only read The Green Lantern by Morrison and Sharp, so that wins all the awards.

By the way, it's a beautiful looking book, I'll be sad when it ends.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    My favorite series for 2020 is definitely...

Batman: The Adventures Continue

That was okay, but the ending part with Jason was pretty bad. Not even knock-off UTRH bad, but worse.

Best stuff:

Johnson and Federici's "The Last God." This book is just criminally overlooked.
    Murphy's "Batman: Curse of the White Knight."
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Favorite Writer of the Year: Joshua Williamson.

Favorite Artist of the Year: Ivan Reis

Most Enjoyed Character This Year: Superman

Top Five Moments:

- Batman knocking out Punchline.

- The return of the Flash Family.

- Wally West becoming The Flash again.

- Clownhunter trying to kill Harley Quinn.

- Cassandra Cain being restored to her proper costume.

Top 3 worst moments:

- Harley Quinn sitting with the Justice League.

- Damian Wayne getting thrown under the Titans bus.

- Young Justice going absolutely nowhere (not to mention Drake).

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    pretty straightforward, i just wanna know what have been your favorite and most disliked moments from DC this year? we'll do:

- favorite writer this year
    - favorite artist this year
    - most enjoyed characters this year
    - top 5 favorite stories/moments
    - top 3 worst stories/moments
    That's a really hard question. I dropped most of my DC books. I'll give it my best shot i guess, but overall it was NOT a good year for DC.

- favorite writer this year: Jeff Lemire, mainly cuz he wrote the only stuff I actually remember liking this year: Joker, Question.
    - favorite artist this year: Jason Fabok for his work in Three Jokers.
    - most enjoyed characters this year: ****, probaly Jason for his appearances in DCeased and Three Jokers.
    - top 5 favorite stories/moments: Andy's Birth (Aquaman), Wally finding Irey and Jay (Flash Forward), Jason killing the Joker (Three Jokers), Conner Kent being back (sadly penned by Bendis),
    - top 3 worst stories/moments: Hell Arisen, Bendis' Superman, Death Metal. All horrific.
    - We were the BEST, Richard. No matter what anyone thinks. - Damian Wayne.

Green Lantern Spanish Fan Site HERE

You know what if I had to says favorite writer this year I would have to give it to Robert Vendetti for his work on Hawkman. Dude doesn’t get enough credit for truly sticking the landing with a character who’s history and backstory is complicated on a good day and also telling a story with a nice ending for the hawkman/Hawkwoman couple and brings in one of my favorite teams with the JSA.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

My favorite issue and cover this year were THE OTHER HISTORY OF THE DC UNIVERSE #1
    Honorable mention: JUSTICE LEAGUE#54

My favorite moments come from:
    THE OTHER HISTORY OF THE DC UNIVERSE #1

JUSTICE LEAGUE#54

Probably Williamson for writer since I really liked his Flash run and Batman/Superman has been solid, with Venditti as honorable mention since he impressed the hell out of me with Hawkman

Liam Sharp for artist, though Clay Mann and Jorge Jimenez aren't far behind in my book.

Stories/moments, I'm not sure if it's about DCU stories or real-life stories about DC that have happened in the industry in general so I'll give both:

Favorite comic stories probably go to the Aquaman/Mera wedding or the Green Lantern Earth One Vol 2 book in general where Hal was just great.

Least favorite comic stories is Ric Grayson, or basically everything involving Punchline. Wasn't a big fan of Joker War either.

Favorite real-life DC moments was perhaps Fandome and the Stargirl TV show.

Least favorite real-life DC moments go to the DC bloodbath(s) as well as the situation with the new Green Lantern writer.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    I only read The Green Lantern by Morrison and Sharp, so that wins all the awards.

By the way, it's a beautiful looking book, I'll be sad when it ends.
    That's my number one.

My second is GL Earth One volume 2 graphic novel and creators.

Favorite writer: Grant Morrison, half the time I don't completelly understand what he is doing on The Green Lantern, but it's fun either way, and that's something rare.

Favorite artist: Liam Sharp, the man change his art style 3 or 4 times in a single issue, sometimes he does it in a single page, and every style fits perfectly with the moments he is portraying. I really want him to do a New Gods book.

Most enjoyed character this year: That's hard, my favorite books were The Green Lantern, John Constantine: Hellblazer, and Hawkman, and Superman is my favorite, so... I will probably go with Hal Jordan/Clark in first place and Constantine/Carter Hall in second.

Top 5 favorite stories/moments:
    - "Britannia Rules the Waves" arc on Hellblazer, the entire story is sad and revolting in a way that I don't see a lot on comics, even more on superhero comics.
    - Carter and Shayera end on Hawkman, seeing both of them actually having a happy end and get to be together was surprising and fresh in todays comics.
    - Hal Jordan playing space billiard with planets/Hal's "I'm not a divided man, I'm a corps" speech.
    - The reveal of Hawkwoman origin story and how it relates with Hawkman's and their resurrection cycle/The Hawks defeating the Lord Beyond the Void and waking to choose their reward.
    - The Weaponners attack on the hospital, the huge fight that follows and Hal "dying".

Top 3 worst stories/moments:
    This one is a little difficult because I pretty much stoped reading the things I wasn't liking. But Death Metal is the top one for me, not because is bad, I only read the first issue and barely remember it, what it stayed with me is the memory of how much I didn't care and how tiresome it was to finish that single issue.
    Last edited by Ra-El; 12-31-2020 at 06:08 AM.