Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think we need access to that, for one thing.

I would say collectively, like anything, it ebbs and flows depending on the era.

To some, less is more. I'm not saying the story probably couldn't have been expanded (especially if how much was packed into each issue) but I feel like it helped the title's "evergreen" status to be as it is instead of a series of era-specific mini's. But that's just my take.

I can't say it doesn't go both ways, but that's how continuity works. I'd still say it's important.

Not really, though? I don't think OMD had anything to do with that line. I mean, Dan Slott of all people set up the timeframe for Peter being in 28-ish in Learning to Crawl.

Of course it could be just that I, personally, reserve "young _____" more for people in their early 20's, but it's all relative.

I see.

I...don't quite see the connection?
    I do not think it is a case of Less Is More it is more like a bunch of unnecessary BS. Unless there is some kind of perceived need for Spencer to use every character in Spider-Man ( a point I made before), there was no need for Sin Eater, and thus the other Spider characters, especially if Osborn faked the entire episode so he was not cleansed. In my house the Mrs watches Mexican telenovalas ( Mexican soap operas). This is what Last Remains reminds me of. When does it end? Amazing 900? When Spencer leaves the book? OMD is another issue altogether ( that has become the Gilligan’s Island of comic book stories: Gilligan’s Island lasted three years and you know half a century later, they are not getting off of that Island and now only Ginger is left. OMD is another 13 years and counting). Now we see a new costume and job this is making me. Do we have to go through a variation of Parker Industries, where everyone knows it will fail? New costume? Everyone knows that will be temporary. I came back because I believed only by getting rid of Slott will things change. That was my mistake. Nothing has changed. Did we get a few good stories? Sure but Slott did gave us Spider Island and Renew Your Vows. I am fed up. After the Valentines Day Issue I am done.
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 12-31-2020 at 02:35 AM.