Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Well I admit I was a little more than annoyed at Vortex and I apologize to him and everyone else here for dragging this thread down.

People are allowed to have their opinions/perspectives, and that needs to be respected even when we disagree with said opinions/perspectives be they positive or negative.

Keep it respectful, folks.

Astonishing Member

I should be very mad for what happened to MJ in this issue, but I'm so tired of being confused for not having clear answers to this whole mess that I'm about to abandon this story for being a complete nonsense.

The part of Green Goblin revealing he was one step ahead of Harry wasn't a surprise at all, because that's the kind of creep Norman Osborn is. But I still don't get anything about what's the deal with Harry. Previous issues semt to be linked this whole mess with One More Day, but it seems it's all about the whole thing of Harry idolizing his father so much that he can't accept he was a monster and instead blames Peter for everything. This is a complete nonsense!!! After Dark Reign with the whole American Son's plot, Osborn's activities against Parker Industries and the Red Goblin's plot, I though Harry finally gave his back to his father's legacy once and for all. So WHY DOES HE KEEP TURNING BACK TO SQUARE ONE?!!

This is a complete nonsense! Either they give us clear answers once and for all, or I'm very sorry, but I'm done with this.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Yeah I think now I have come to terms that the .LR issues were really tacked on and didn’t particularly add much (I enjoyed them - but they don’t really add anything) this being a 6 issue ark works a little bit better. I think the next few issues will make it feel more like an ending to this ark, I can’t fathom why they chose to end Last Remains here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I should be very mad for what happened to MJ in this issue, but I'm so tired of being confused for not having clear answers to this whole mess that I'm about to abandon this story for being a complete nonsense.

The part of Green Goblin revealing he was one step ahead of Harry wasn't a surprise at all, because that's the kind of creep Norman Osborn is. But I still don't get anything about what's the deal with Harry. Previous issues semt to be linked this whole mess with One More Day, but it seems it's all about the whole thing of Harry idolizing his father so much that he can't accept he was a monster and instead blames Peter for everything. This is a complete nonsense!!! After Dark Reign with the whole American Son's plot, Osborn's activities against Parker Industries and the Red Goblin's plot, I though Harry finally gave his back to his father's legacy once and for all. So WHY DOES HE KEEP TURNING BACK TO SQUARE ONE?!!

This is a complete nonsense! Either they give us clear answers once and for all, or I'm very sorry, but I'm done with this.
    No it's not all about that. Spencer tells us that in the issue. Harry has a lot of issues, but the main one is still undiscussed and is the one thing Peter doesn't remember - OMD. It's just that Spencer isn't ready to reveal that to Peter yet as of this issue or arc but it's still shown to us (the reader) as to what it's about so that should get us all excited.

Also, I loved what happened with MJ in this issue. She was a total badass and showed again she is not afraid to die and lay down her life for Peter at this point. This shows an evolution of her character back to marriage level with Peter compared to during Slott where she wanted to stay away from Peter because he introduced problems and danger in her life. I mean, what a difference. I'm loving how Spencer is writing MJ here and Spencer is doing her good.

I mean, this is all out unconditional commitment and love for Peter on display here. MJ is ALL IN with Peter here.
    Last edited by Vortex85; 01-01-2021 at 03:00 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    No it's not all about that. Spencer tells us that in the issue. Harry has a lot of issues, but the main one is still undiscussed and is the one thing Peter doesn't remember - OMD. It's just that Spencer isn't ready to reveal that to Peter yet as of this issue or arc but it's still shown to us (the reader) as to what it's about so that should get us all excited.

Also, I loved what happened with MJ in this issue. She was a total badass and showed again she is not afraid to die and lay down her life for Peter at this point. This shows an evolution of her character back to marriage level with Peter compared to during Slott where she wanted to stay away from Peter because he introduced problems and danger in her life. I mean, what a difference. I'm loving how Spencer is writing MJ here and Spencer is doing her good.

I mean, this is all out unconditional commitment and love for Peter on display here. MJ is ALL IN with Peter here.
    If I could understand the whole picture here, I would applaud on MJ's courage. But like I said, I still don't get what this is all about. Peter has a point in the picture, what's Harry deal here when he was finally living a happy life here? Look, one thing is to have mistery on a story so the reader will be intrigued, but if the story turns so confusing that nothing seems to make sense anymore, then nobody is interested in keep reading it. Is it too much to ask at this point? I just want a clear answer about what is going one once and for all!!!!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

If I could understand the whole picture here, I would applaud on MJ's courage. But like I said, I still don't get what this is all about. Peter has a point in the picture, what's Harry deal here when he was finally living a happy life here? Look, one thing is to have mistery on a story so the reader will be intrigued, but if the story turns so confusing that nothing seems to make sense anymore, then nobody is interested in keep reading it. Is it too much to ask at this point? I just want a clear answer about what is going one once and for all!!!!
    We might get that in Last Remains: Post-Mortem, Parts 1 and 2, coming this month. Yeah, I get waiting all this time for real (and clear) answers about Harry/Kindred's problem with Peter is a pain in the neck and a case can be made that it's been stretched out too long, though I wouldn't give up just yet.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I do think we’ll get some answers during the LR aftermath of the story. It might not be the full picture quite yet but I expect we’ll get something to make everything quite a bit clearer before we move one to the next part of Spencer’s story.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    We might get that in Last Remains: Post-Mortem, Parts 1 and 2, coming this month. Yeah, I get waiting all this time for real (and clear) answers about Harry/Kindred's problem with Peter is a pain in the neck and a case can be made that it's been stretched out too long, though I wouldn't give up just yet.
    I was just letting out some steam, but I'm really getting tired of non-understanding a situation. I mean, I like a good story of heroes vs villains, but when there's no clear explanation about what's the villain up to, this is just punching nonsense. And like that, there's no fun.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I was just letting out some steam, but I'm really getting tired of non-understanding a situation. I mean, I like a good story of heroes vs villains, but when there's no clear explanation about what's the villain up to, this is just punching nonsense. And like that, there's no fun.
    I understand. It does get awfully frustrating at times.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post

This tells me that the story really would have benefited from less Spiders and more MJ.

Ironically MJ probably has no idea that Harry was using Mysterio to keep her as away from this as he could, although now she's probably too wounded to continue on her press tour.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I understand. It does get awfully frustrating at times.
    It really calls my attention how MJ says that Harry's legacy is about taking someone beloved for Peter, just like Norman took Gwen Stacy back then. She's basically saying that all Osborns are the same trash in the end, and I believe she's completely right. After all the times Peter tried to help Harry, he can't just let it go? Well, I say send him and his father to rot in Hell, where they belong.

Astonishing Member

I found this anticlimactic. More so considering the lengthy build towards it. Pacing wasn't the best either. Felt the same about Hunted that both needed one or two issues trimming. More so for Last Remains.

This arc compared to the rest of the run was... weak.
    I get that Spencer planned a bigger story down the line, and thi will be better whe read in trades - but Last Remains was an excellent example of padding and decompression.

I mean, this last issue was ok. I enjoyed Kindred scenes with MJ, even though she felt kinda... I don't know, cold? Calculating? Something's off here and I can't quite put my finger on it. It's like MJ suspects/knows about the deal or something.

And the elephant in the room, the OMD itself. Spencer knows that we know etc.
    I think just adding a little bit more about it, would make the story worth it. Like for example, if Kindred said something around the lines "You should be more cautious with who You bargain Pete, there are consequences of that type of deals" or if MJ said "He doesn't remember the deal, Harry" - something solid, making the connection to OMD more obvious to the characters - I would be satisfied.

Because now I feel like a donkey, who was chasing after the carrot.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    This arc compared to the rest of the run was... weak.
    I get that Spencer planned a bigger story down the line, and thi will be better whe read in trades - but Last Remains was an excellent example of padding and decompression.

I mean, this last issue was ok. I enjoyed Kindred scenes with MJ, even though she felt kinda... I don't know, cold? Calculating? Something's off here and I can't quite put my finger on it. It's like MJ suspects/knows about the deal or something.

And the elephant in the room, the OMD itself. Spencer knows that we know etc.
    I think just adding a little bit more about it, would make the story worth it. Like for example, if Kindred said something around the lines "You should be more cautious with who You bargain Pete, there are consequences of that type of deals" or if MJ said "He doesn't remember the deal, Harry" - something solid, making the connection to OMD more obvious to the characters - I would be satisfied.

Because now I feel like a donkey, who was chasing after the carrot.
    hopefully you will get to eat that carrot
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy