Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    so I'm going to reserve my judgement unti that one comes out.
    I could be wrong but i feel like you've said that for every issue thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I actually wonder if this kind of thing is down to marketing/editorial more than Spencer. Spencer's run has always had arcs with a clear stopping point. I wonder if this padding was a result of pandemic delays, reshuffling and so on.

How large is that issue?
    A normal issue is 28 pages and it says 44 pages.

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    I could be wrong but i feel like you've said that for every issue thus far.
    Every issue in this arc I've said I'll reserved my judgement for issue 55. Now I'm holding off for issue 56 on the sole basis of Peter "seeing himself differently" to see if that is true. LOL

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    I feel like something is happening in issue 56 its a large sized issue and should continue this so I'm going to reserve my judgement unti that one comes out. I think there is a chance Peter will "see himself differently" in that issue and it may click. The solicits were off 1 issue between 53 and 54. But if that's the case issue 56 should be the last issue of LR, not 55.

I agree though, given what we know, the arc was way too padded out.
    I didn’t know that about 56. Interesting...

I’m not turned off by the run at all, but just disappointed at the marketing and teases throughout this story.

While I can appreciate that this story has good moments, I'll echo others in saying that this ultimately amounted to very little. We're no closer to finding out the reasoning for all this except for a few key things and there was no resolution at all, only the typical "next issue!" rhetoric.

I was out from this story before, but man...it's so disheartening to see my favorite character getting a decompressed and dragged out series when others are having a much better, and much more cohesive, story. If they make an omnibus or OHC of this run, I'll get it to read it that way (I discovered Tom King's Batman run read much better that way), but right now...it's not worth the price tag.

Really want another writer to come in and give us solid Spider-Man stories again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Really want another writer to come in and give us solid Spider-Man stories again.
    I have to ask, when was the last time that happened? I don't mean that rudely, understand. Just genuinely got to ask.

I really don't think it's possible to do universally liked and consensually loved Spider-Man stories anymore, certainly not in 616. When was the last time you had a title or story or run that did that?

Before you had BND, then you had Slott...and was that really "solid Spider-Man stories" that everyone liked and had no complaints about? Fact is that nobody's perfect, and even a good writer can stumble and make mistakes. A new writer who comes to Spider-Man especially if they sign up for a long run, aren't likely to avoid the problems and issues that come with Spider-Man being 2 times a month and finding some way to work with OMD and so on and delivering event storylines every now and again.

how do i go back in time to two years ago and tell my past self to invest in immortal hulk instead of asm
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Didn't mind the issue that much. Still action packed and still had drama. But I'll echo some frustrations, I was hoping for a clear answer. I didn't see it here. There's still enough to keep bringing me in, but I'm really waiting for that payoff.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

I have to ask, when was the last time that happened? I don't mean that rudely, understand. Just genuinely got to ask.

I really don't think it's possible to do universally liked and consensually loved Spider-Man stories anymore, certainly not in 616. When was the last time you had a title or story or run that did that?

Before you had BND, then you had Slott...and was that really "solid Spider-Man stories" that everyone liked and had no complaints about? Fact is that nobody's perfect, and even a good writer can stumble and make mistakes. A new writer who comes to Spider-Man especially if they sign up for a long run, aren't likely to avoid the problems and issues that come with Spider-Man being 2 times a month and finding some way to work with OMD and so on and delivering event storylines every now and again.
    Agreed. I was enjoying Spencer's run before Last Remains. Lots of good arcs. I was hooked during Last Remains, the solicit made me think OMD would be addressed in issue 55 but it wasn't and it still looks like that is going to be in the cards in the future. Post-LR its back to enjoying Spider-Man stories again. Forget Kindred and LR for a while. That's what people want right?

I mean, Spencer is the only writer looking to give us what we want and addressing OMD, get another writer and they may not care to. I'd be careful what you wish for.

spencer spider-man is like if you took any of the delightful one-n-dones from his previous books, expanded all of them into three issue of arcs, then selected an 80's comic at random to disembowel and lay across a football field in order to produce an event

Something happened during the writing of this arc because clearly this isn't the ending of it, while the issue that promised "the most brutal fight" was all dialogue and the fight happened in the next one.

The most enjoyable part was seeing Norman ruining things for everyone.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    The most enjoyable part was seeing Norman ruining things for everyone.
    The last time Norman was this much fun was Mark Millar's MKSM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    spencer spider-man is like if you took any of the delightful one-n-dones from his previous books, expanded all of them into three issue of arcs, then selected an 80's comic at random to disembowel and lay across a football field in order to produce an event
    So what you are describing is every Spider-Man story-arc since BND because of the decision to publish Spider-Man twice a month (which means more padding by default).

Obama Mic Drop.jpg

Brutal...

what is this mess?

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I mentioned a while back that I wasn't a fan of mystery box story telling and this is exactly why. lol
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

The last time Norman was this much fun was Mark Millar's MKSM.

So what you are describing is every Spider-Man story-arc since BND because of the decision to publish Spider-Man twice a month (which means more padding by default).

Obama Mic Drop.jpg
    is this implication that spider-man just sucks cuz yeah i agree
    when's morning glories coming back